3d post production as a profession?

tikana

Alright, gang, more possitive news!

Appearantly, I can get certified in post production within 2-3 months. I can get ready for it in about a month. I found someone who has the softie and hardware to mess with. They are into FX stuff.

Is going into 3d post production wise direction?
the only draw back is cost of the test so that is why i am asking is it a right decision. I will pass the test with flying scores.

looks like a YES

merc - me
venus the job - YES semi strong reception
saturn- sees merc by ruler exalt/sign/term

moon will trine venus (1 week/1month)

as a profession *10th house* it is a bit ellusive which is explainable you gotta work in the industry first doing the basic stuff then claim it as a professional

plus asce is early ... the situation is brewing.

technically speaking merc and venus are in 1oth house
the chart is more than valid

question is TIMING!

this is weeks issue or months issue?

cheers
thanks
T

Last edited:

archergirl

Hi Tik,

So are you asking about post-production as a _job_ or are you asking whether getting the certification will help you get a post-production job? I'm not quite sure with the wording. The first question would be 10th, of course, but the second would be 9th, yes?

Cheers,
AG:)

tikana

Archer

that is the thing i am not sure if i should push it as a job or as a profession. Resumes wil be different.

if i go for profession, I may or may not need a certification.. that all depends on experience and if employer will requiere.. A lot of times you just walk in and show your portofolio and no one cares about the certification.. sometimes they do .. i am not sure
you cant tell who is asking and who is not asking.. like WB is one of them .. some dept ask some dont. shrug

job is easy.. show them your portfolio and set the salary.. and watch your creative freedom being limited

thanks
T

archergirl

Hi Tik,

So are you in essence asking whether doing the certification itself, is worth the time/trouble? If so, I'd look at 9th significators, me, and see whether there's any connection with the 10th significator. Seems to me this is more about the training/qualification, rather than the job itself.

Cheers,

tikana

AG

I will get certified sooner or later .. I think i am not explaining right

to get a senior position, i wil need a certificate..
the drawback is ****** test is expensive and i will have to be shooting high right away

to get just a routine edit here and there, i will not need a certificate
drawback: downplaying the resume amd not prepping over the license

so i would look at 10th house now come and think of it.. but what is with 6th house connection?

thanks
T

archergirl

Hi Tik,

Can you send me the chart data; my eyes can't read that .gif!

But I think the chart says 'yes, good idea'; Venus/Merc in 9th (fixed sign, cadent house) and Moon in (5th?) cardinal sign but succedent house(?) would suggest months (taking the middle course).

archergirl

Hi Tik,

Yes; both the Moon/Venus aspect and the Mercury/MC aspect are in 2 degrees, so maybe two months, give or take?

I do wonder about Saturn (the course/qualification) aspecting the South Node, but they are both moving in the same direction, so 'technically' don't meet. In the 4th house, maybe this is suggesting that the qualification won't make that much difference to the 'career choice'...Dunno, what do you think?

tikana

AG

I was thinking about that last night

Anything got to do with IT professions is crazy beyond crazy.

most programmers dont get certified.. you dont really need it.Either you know or you dont. School wont teach you.
if you apply for a job anything to do with IT, HR looks at degree and all that jazz but if you get a direct interview with a programmer/designer/or whatever they dont care what you have. They want to see your work. that is pretty much it. I talked to someone ... he said he didnt get certified, he pops 90-110,000 per year doing 3d effects.

the only people who must get certified are MCSE, NOVELL, SYSCO (networking and network security ****)
the reason why i asked was I was in school for a year doing Novell and then i was getting all the way certified and realized that it is all waste of money. with every edition you must go through the training and retake the test for an upgraded version, if you dont pass it, you lose your license. i dont want to see the same thing happen ..

Dunno, darlin, at this point i am going to snoop around jobs and see who is askign for what.

2 months seems to be right on target..

but what you think? Should i even be sticking my head in it? will i like it? Software looks very cool but i know me. I will get bored within a year if the software is not challenging like 3dmax *that thing every time i will find something new*, it is the price i pay for having merc/uranus/sun conjunction.

thanks again
T

tikana

uhhoooo@!

okay back to Ivy

If in mutual reception so that it may be show on the opposite side, it signifies both a trade and a profession or a vacation or avocation; that is a regular occupation and aslo a diverison or a hobby put to remunerative use!

Ohh boy .. we have both!

mutual reception and on both ends. Looks liek a profession

Neptune is in 10th house.. new profession where i know 0 about! ROFLMAO! ohh Ivy's theory is proving itself..
*faints and hits the floor*

Tik