Website launch

Neptune Rising

Hi! :) :)

Can anyone please advise..

when would be the best time to launch a website?

Its a yoga/massage website that will advertise my yoga teaching/swedish massage services, and that also gives advice/philosophies on life that aims to help people.

I would have thought, Moon in Virgo, Aqua or Sagitarius...
Aqua = humanitarian goals, air/communications/internet things
Saggy= humanitarian also/teaching/philosophies
Virgo = earth/business, health, communications

Also not sure what rising sign to pick as a good time.

How about Moon in Capricorn/business, and one of the above rising..? OR even Pisces rising/humanitarian...

I'm too confused! Definately not picking void Moon. :p
Maybe it would be better to wait until Jupiter goes direct again. Jupiter rules my natal Ascendant but Saturn rules my Sun. Saturn is direct which would say its a good time to do this.

Any help would be REALLY appreicate!
Many thanks
NR

Last edited:

LionKing

My suggestion, and also when I send my books to a publisher, I send them when the moon is in my ninth house. V/r LionKing

Neptune Rising

Hi Lionking and Tora

Thanks very much for your replies, they are definately food for thought.

Ha ha!! I forgot Mercury was going retrograde soon!! Bingo, I'll avoid that one as well as void moon!

9th house is a great idea, I've got exams until end of July, then Mercury will enter my 9th house, along with Venus and Saturn, in Virgo during August.

Thanks very much for the ideas!
Best wishes
NR

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
When making your choices, don't consider Signs and their supposed significance to tha matter. Consider instead their lords and how you want that planet to represent that part of the chart and your project. The matter lies not with the Signs, but with the planets.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Neptune Rising,
As a website would be a 3rd-9th house matter, I'd try to get the planets ruling those cusps in as good aspects as possible. Organising the planets so they fall into strong positions on the wheel,with applying positive aspects from the moon, who needs to be dignified by position, aspect and sign.
A planet in Fall or debility needs to be *out of the picture* as much as possible, placed in a house where it has little role to play.Its better if retrograde planets aren't ruling the houses of primary consideration. Keeping the moon and ascendant out of the via combusta is important too (15 deg Lib-15 deg scorpio).
If you can get a positive fixed star attached to a significator, all the better.
As mercury is definitely involved in a website, avoid the retrograde period.
Your website is about health matters too-so look at where you want Chiron.
Avoid times when Chiron is receiving malefics by aspect.
To me in election charts the big question often is *where do I want Saturn*
It isnt strong in Virgo where it will be for a long time, and because its not strong by sign you may be able to strengthen it by position, or place it in the 12th where its hidden.As saturn rules the staying power of any project, you can dignify it by house placement, and ensure the moon is positive in aspect to saturn.
Just a few ideas!
Lillyjgc

Neptune Rising

Thanks alot Kai and Lilly, thats VERY helpful indeed, I'm grateful!

Makes total sense and now I see it requires a lot of planning.

I'm worried about Saturn, I got a job once with Saturn rising as the start time, it was the hardest job experience of my life! Would Saturn in the 7th house be ok, as its the Libra house, and angular? If I give Saturn strength, then he won't be so inclined to use his malevolence?

Thank you
:)
NR

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Neptune
Nooooo....Saturn in the 7th would be a big no no. Think of it as Saturn coming right at you. You don't want that. A website launch chart is really the same thing as a business launch chart, in essence. It's the moment you are introducing your business to an international audience. Yes, strong 9th house and 3rd house, but more importantly...a strong chart in general!
Pick an amazing Ascendant and ruler....strong and dignified, and a sign that represents what your business is about. Virgo works, maybe Pisces, except Jupiter is in fall, so that's not so good. This will be the ruler of the whole launch, so at the very least he has to be strong. Use the business planets to good advantage...Jupiter and Saturn. Jupiter retrograde is a terrible time to launch anything...remember he rules expansion and growth of this venture from this website launch... so avoid it if you can. Saturn retro is bad too, but he is now direct. I wouldn't make Saturn angular, unless you have a Saturnian business. Saturn rules managing, structuring and building. However, Georgia Stathis in Business Astrology 101 states that an angular Saturn is not benefical in most business charts.... p239. I realize this is a web launch, but there are still some similar aspects to consider, since it is an extension of a business launch.
Planets ruling 2 and 8 need to be strong, for financial flow from this enterprise.
Which house rules your clients or customers from this launch? The 4th, the moon, and even the 7th. Make them strong.
Yes, merc retro, venus retro and jupiter retro are bad times to launch anything.
Merc strong and in good aspect to Jupiter or Moon really helps, since this whole thing is about getting the word out about yourself and what you do. Jupiter and Mercury are actually vital planets here. Jupiter is in fall, so you may need to bolster him up by placement, or good aspect instead. Venus is important too, but really, I think Mercury is the big one you need to worry about. Without a good merc aspect, dignity and placement, no one is going to see your website in the first place and you won't get any hits!
Use the usual rules about lunar phase too. Pick a time between new and just after full. You want the moon to be increasing in light to increase your chances of being seen and to give momentum and growth. Remember, you want to be seen here. Visibility. Strong MC too.
cheers
barb

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Before we even start handing out no-nos to particular planetary placements and start pointing fingers and planetary villians, we should make sure to remember that we need a nativity of the person launching the website. The worst thing we can do is bad-mouth Saturn and try to lock him away somewhere when it turns out Saturn is the Tenth house lord of the native.

Think.

Neptune Rising

Wow thanks alot Barb, that is really helpful!

Quite a lot to think about. I came up with one chart so far, taking all you said into account.

I should get my qualifications in August, so I cannot advertise myself until then theoretically.

16th Aug, there is a waxing, almost full moon.
  1. Chart ruler is Jupiter (almost same degree as my natal ruler)
  2. Moon is in the 2nd, in Aqua, and rules the 8th house.
  3. Saturn I'm wondering about.. he rules the 2nd and is in the 8th. Does this and the Moon mean an exchange of money, me paying out and getting paid?
  4. Mercury rules the 7th, and is in the 8th.
  5. Venus rules the 10th and is in the 8th.
  6. Venus and Mercury are approaching a trine to Jupiter, that may help the retrograde Jupiter here, but Venus is in fall too though Merc is strong.
  7. Lilith on the Ascendant, conjunct Juno?? I haven't a clue about that one.
  8. Part of fortune is conjunct Aldebaran coming to the 7th.
  9. Pluto in the first, the website would transformative - that would be great. Pluto is also square Mars! Could this show problems?
  10. Sun is stuck in the 8th. I was unsure whether to make the ruler of the 8th the Moon or the Sun. If I make it the Sun, then the Sun would remain in the 8th - I'd never get paid.
Moon is almost void, about to conjunct Neptune in Aquarius. Would this be good for a massage/yoga website? Shortly after it sextiles Pluto ruler of 11th.

I'm investigating further times further... the Mars square Pluto put me off this one a bit.
NR

Neptune Rising

Good point Kai, Saturn is currently in my 8th house - I'm having real problems collecting money owed to me. He will move to the 9th after July.

I like the chart I uploaded, its ascendant conjuncts mine, just that Pluto square Mars rings bells..

NR

barbh

Account Closed
Kai

Did you actually instruct me to 'think???! I'm incredulous. I didn't realize i was walking and talking and forgot to actually think!

As for your comment...yes, and no. What's going on natally is important of course, but a lot of electional experts don't even go there, they just use electional purely on its own terms, and pay no attention to natal rulers, natal transits etc... i.e. ephemeral elections as opposed to radical elections. As Vivian Robson says

'it is really a task beyond the power of the human mind to blend all the conflicting factors of the ephemeral positions and those of the radical andprogressed maps into one whole at all successfully, so that for all practical purposes it is better not to attempt to do so except in a quite general way.'

In this case, I think it's best to avoid putting Saturn angular, regardless of what it rules in her natal chart. That would start to get far too complicated for what we're doing here.

Think!

barbh

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
As for your comment...yes, and no.
No, there is no 'no' on this. You always go by using a natavity as the blueprint. The idea that this is unnecessary is a horrible modern invention. In ancient times electional charts were created for the king and were thus created based off of his own nativity for his own gain. Electional charts were never meant to stand on their own, do astrologers not say things like "If it's not in the nativity, it's not going to happen"? I believe it is quite a common phrase and is the reason why you don't find many people electing times to purchase lottery tickets, I doubt very many of us have these possibilities written in our nativites. It's the same concept.

What's going on natally is important of course, but a lot of electional experts don't even go there, they just use electional purely on its own terms, and pay no attention to natal rulers, natal transits etc

Name me one. Just one electional "expert" who believes the natal chart isn't important to use as a base. Frankly, I don't believe there is one.

Robson is a good source, but if you would read up a little bit from where you gathered that quote you'd see:

Vivan Robson said:
Every writer upon the subject of Elections agrees that the birth horoscope of the person for whom the election is made is of paramount importance.
He then goes on to quote Ptolemy who says:

Ptolemy said:
It is advantageous to make choice of days and hours at a time well constitued by the nativity. Should the time be adverse (to the nativity), the choice will in no respect avail, however favourable an issue it may chance to promise.
In the next paragraph, Robson says:

There are two obvious lessons to be learnt from this, namely, that it is essential to study the birth map first of all in order to determine the radical chances of success in the matter under consideration; and secondly that a horoscope for an election should be based primarily upon that of birth.
Also, going back to the quote you used, if you would have read the next sentance you would have read:

Robson said:
But it cannot be too strongly emphasised that in all cases where the birth map is obtainable it is essential to see that it will allow of success either generally or at the particular time, for otherwise failure is inevitable.
Moving on, a third author joins in the fray.

John Frawley said:
Suppose some asks us to elect a time to start a business, and we don't look at the birthchart. Reasonably enough, we decide that it's a good idea to put nasty Saturn safely out of the way. So we stick it in the Twelfth house of the elected chart, and think how clever we arel. But, if we had looked at the birthchart, we would know that Saturn rules that person's Tenth house. Sticking the ruler of his Tenth house in the Twelfth house of our election for his business is the worst thingwe could have done.
Finally, I'm going to hop back to a paragraph from Robson to close out this little debate.

Robson said:
No election can possibly be equally effective for everyone. Two people may leave on a voyage at exactly the same time, but the results may be totally different according to whether the individual birth maps favour travel or render it dangerous.
Hm.

Neptune Rising said:
Shortly after it sextiles Pluto ruler of 11th.
Do not get into this habit of assigning the modern planets with such things as Sign rulerships. Electional astrology calls for the complete scheme of dignity and debility, so you're going to have to drop modern assignations. Also, the Outers do not cast aspects, so there is no need to worry about that Mars/Pluto Square here.

Moving on to your chart, it's not a very good one.

Jupiter is too weak to be trusted with Ascendant ruler, and Venus is too weak to be considered as the MC ruler. You'll never get noticed and get the job done that way. Those are the first things you should worry about.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi
Would this sort of chart be better?

Edit, I deleted the other chart

September Pluto and Jupiter are direct.

9th September 2008 7.37pm looks like the best I'll get
Moon conjuncting Jupiter
Uranus on the ASc
Jupiter rules MC/Asc and is in 10th house
Moon in MC
Jupiter (asc) trines Saturn (2nd, 3rd ruler)

Final aspect of Moon is sextile to Uranus (internet) / Ascendant
I guess I can't hope for miracles with the chart or the business, I'm just going to get it up and see what happens. I think I have to make it a sideline for the time being, and see if it goes anywhere.

My progressed Sun changing signs into Pisces is giving me a bit of an identity crisis to be sure!

Here is the chart if anyone fancies a peek, I've frazzled my grey matter for the time being.

NR

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Neptune

I know, finding the best chart is akin to pulling your hair out. I would forget about using your natal placements for now and just find a great, workable chart. If you can do that then you're well on your way to success. I do think using the signs of your industry is important though...virgo, pisces..maybe even some scorpio in there....aquarius too, for the internet and a new age approach.
Good try on the chart below. However, the moon in Cap is weak, and it will square venus, mars and mercury. The sun is within orb of Saturn still, although separating. In event electional one usually uses applying aspects only, but in a business chart, or a website launch chart, all aspects apply, sort of like a natal chart. This isn't just a short-term event. It's going to be around for a long time, this website...we hope, so separating aspects are used as well. We wouldn't want a Sun Saturn conjunction in this chart.

I do have one idea, which you may not like, but I was thinking that if you were not averse to waiting, I would wait until Jupiter entered Aquarius. I know, you may not want to wait that long, as that won't be until early January. Jupiter rules expansion and growth, and in Aquarius it would be much more representative of your industry than Cap is. Plus, Jup is not in fall in Capricorn, and merc is in aquarius too. however, I totally understand it may be too long for you to wait.

If we waited until after Merc retro in Sep, you'd have the Sun in Scorpio at the end of Oct. Nothing wrong with that, as your industry does have Scorpio overtones to it. Maybe you could get a sun jup sextile, maybe with the moon in aquarius or something. Sorry, but i'm not going to pull my hair out for you ;). At first glance I can't see any date I love, but I'm sure there is a workable one. Nov 7 is interesting, The sun is sextiling Jupiter and there is a Jup Saturn trine. Lovely, having the business planets in trine. The moon in pisces, which represents what you do, is trining mercury. There's a venus pluto conjunction which is good, The sun is trining uranus. There's a lot i don't like too though, like all that Scorpio, Uranus opposing Saturn.... Or, look at the 16th, when there's a moon, merc, sun, and uranus grand trine, ANd mercury is sextiling Jupiter. The downside is that the moon is in last trine, but you can't have everything. Have a boo...
Well, its just one or two days to play with I glanced at quickly....they may not work for you.
Good luck :)
barbh

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
You could wait, that's true, or you could jump on the ball now and use Virgo rising and Gemini on the MC to make Mercury both the ability and public image of the business. Dignified in Gemini and you could get it in the Tenth house itself. Just a thought.

Or you could wait around until it came into Virgo with a similar approach. That's what I'm doing.

My progressed Sun changing signs into Pisces is giving me a bit of an identity crisis to be sure!
We're not looking to make these things match up with progressions, just your nativity and the lords of it to make sure everyone gets along.

Also, remember that Luna tells the story of the electional, so all of her applying aspects should be taken into account. Another tip, not all Trines are good, and not all Squares are bad. Don't get into the habit of thinking the opposite.

I do think using the signs of your industry is important though...virgo, pisces..maybe even some scorpio in there....aquarius too, for the internet and a new age approach.
I disagree, the power lies with the planets, not with what we think the Signs match up to.

This is sort of the generic chart I would use, this is the best I can do without having your nativity to peer at and match things up. Hopefully the lord of your Tenth house is Sol, Mercury, Venus, or Luna. Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter would not do so well here. Sorry, I realized I cut of the date and time. It's August 22nd, at 7:32am. Bright and early! :D

311348373a5aa5b08.jpg

To be honest, I would do a couple of different electional charts on website launchings. One of the introduction of it wherein you can focus on putting it out there and another one later when you open it up for actual business transactions. That way you can focus on the money exchanging and stuff like that.

Neptune Rising

Barb, thank you, I did consider waiting until then, I've put it aside since February now because I could not devote as much time as I would like to it until my course ends. I will definately consider that. Almost forgot about the Saturn/Uranus opposition later on this year, breaking free from restrictions? I wonder whether that would be a good thing in an electional - I guess it depends on the purpose of the subject. Part of my website aim is to break free from restrictions, through freeing the mind of stresses and worries through yoga or swedish massage. Nice thought.

Kai, thank you, that looks like an intersting chart! I really appreciate you putting it up. I considered August too, due to Mercury in Virgo, almost better I think than Mercury in Gemini for this purpose, communications and healing involved. I think I was trying too hard to get it perfect and make the Moon waxing. And was worried about the contact with that Saturn. I wanted to keep him away from the Ascendant. What sort of orb is wide enough to have no influence on the Asc, is 6 enough? The hardest job of my life had Saturn conjunct Asc as start time - it was exact though.

I like that idea of getting it up first, forgetting about the money primarily, then adding that transaction information page a bit later at the appropriate time. These are very interesting views, I'm very thankful to you all.

NR