When is the transiting Pluto opposition natal Sun considered over?

Starsky

Hi guys, can someone please tell me when is the transiting Pluto opposition natal Sun considered over, this February transiting Pluto opposed my natal Sun (6.30 degrees Cancer), it will do that again in June, right on my birthday, since it is retro and Pluto will oppose my Sun for the third time in November -....lord help me....what i wanna know is when does this opposition end, how many degrees does Pluto need to move away for this opposition to be over. I read somewhere that 3 or 4 degrees, in my case that would be 10 degrees Capricorn, so i have a good 3-5 years left of this opposition, right?

Any insight would be welcome!

Last edited:

Starsky

Sorry Teb,

i forgot, here is my chart ...

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_starsky_2011531.65343.28165.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_starsky_2011531.65343.28165.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Inconjunct

Just to answer your question, generally transiting aspects are considered to have an effect within a 1 degree orb. So 1 degree before exactitude, the degree of exactitude and 1 degree after exactitude. So, in your chart, the Sun-Pluto opposition would be in effect while Pluto moved from 5 degrees to 7 degrees Capricorn. Looking at the ephemeris, Pluto goes retrograde so hits exactitude on this opposition twice and finally moves out of orb around the end of August. However, it then goes direct again around the middle of September and comes back into orb for this opposition for the rest of 2011, finally moving on in January 2012. So unfortunately, you're stuck with this for a while yet.

Starsky

Tnx inconjunct, i like your answer better compared to some of the things i have read that up to 5 degrees each side the influence is still pretty strong :((((

Inconjunct

I think you should view transits as lessons to be learned. Pluto tells you that something has to change. He rips off the scab so that healing can take place or tears down the old so that something new can be built in its place.

Astrolady3

Sorry Teb,

i forgot, here is my chart ...What are the effects of this? Hmmmmm, believe me half the time i do not know what is going on ... i think it most prominently manifested itself in my work and career, last year i stood up to my female boss and a couple of other wannabe higher ups, who were known to be difficult, they are all very Plutonic personalities, and i basically "fought" with them for 3 years constantly, they constantly undermined me, insulted me, were jelous, because i was way younger and they percieved me being very educated as a threat, so they resorted to all kinds of things to get me out of there, which they succeded in December last year. i worked very hard and I feel like evil has won. Hence my dissilusionment with the world, i can not even watch the news anymore, everything seems so corrupt, and a lie..., i have lost faith in goodness of human beings and i hate it, cause i was a real people person, open, optimistic, i would not say naive.

Right now i am pretty much a hermit, rarely go out, i need privacy, i need time to recuparate, physically i feel weak, tired, in pain, it is such a strange feeling, i feel like i have been through hell, and i got nothing to show for, but my pain, my soul is all torn, i feel like i do not know myself anymore, i ask myself was my old me totally wrong, i always thought compared to most of my peers, that i got it pretty together, got a leveled head on my shoulder, and if i am to become someone transformed, who am i suppose to be, i guess the integration is yet to happen!

God help me then pluto has just aspected my sun (oppostion) this year and looks as tho it would be staying with me for a good 8 years :(

Sorry Teb,

Right now i am pretty much a hermit, rarely go out, i need privacy, i need time to recuparate, physically i feel weak, tired, in pain, it is such a strange feeling, i feel like i have been through hell, and i got nothing to show for, but my pain, my soul is all torn, i feel like i do not know myself anymore, i ask myself was my old me totally wrong, i always thought compared to most of my peers, that i got it pretty together, got a leveled head on my shoulder, and if i am to become someone transformed, who am i suppose to be, i guess the integration is yet to happen!

Pluto transiting 12th house is cadent and opp sun which =Ego, pride and core beliefs, which have been needing an overhaul. This could also affect your health, daily routines and type of work you do.

Now Scorpio/pluto rules MC so obviously this suggest power struggles and wanting more control, voice and becoming more assertive and dogmatic than normal as you have this sun square pluto natally anyway...

I would say minimum 1' off your sun ie: 7.31"
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Leo/sun rules 8th house Equal house which brings in joint finances and other people's values, as opposed to 2nd house - your values, beliefs etc.