Natal Charts of non-living things

Shokk

My apologies if you expected me to have some huge analysis of the natal charts of instruments, calculators, businesses, computers, books and whatnot.

Because I don't.

But I'd like to.

So, I implore the assistance of anybody who has had any experience with trying to decide the moment of "birth" for something that never spent time forming in a mother's womb, if such a thing can be even done.

For example, what decides the birth of a movie? The moment production starts? When the writer begins writing the script? When the script is finalized? When the movie is released? Or would there be multiple 'Natal Charts' pertinent to a given movie?
Or is this just a fruitless pursuit? Could it just be a composite of the persons involved in the movie?

What about births of teams or groups of people? If, for instance, I were to look at a popular band and try to decide exactly why they had such runaway success, would I try to figure out the moment at which the bandmembers got together the first time and decided that they were going to make music? Or when they started writing and recording songs? When they signed a recording contract? When their first album was released?
Or would it all just be derived from looking at synastric(is that a word?) connections between band members?

So what really determines the "birth" of things like these? that is, if there really is a way or if these charts would be even worthy of consideration.

[poster gave no astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank

Movie: Release date and time.

Band: First public gig or first recording released.

Play, Musical, etc.: Opening performance.

New electronic product: Release date and time (see things like the iPhone for example).

A store: Opening it's doors to the public.

Things a person buys - the date, time and place they buy it.

Lin

You Asked:
"For example, what decides the birth of a movie?"
I woulld say either the first day of shooting or the day the last of the contracts are signed (cast, star, director, etc.) Before that it's just a script, etc. Trying the composite thing I think would be too complicated. If the filmmaker is an "auteur" like Woody Allen, let's say, then just doing a good reading on his transits and progressions might give you an answer about how successful it will be....as long as your definition of success is defined.

"What about births of teams or groups of people? If, for instance, I were to look at a popular band and try to decide exactly why they had such runaway success, would I try to figure out the moment at which the bandmembers got together the first time and decided that they were going to make music? Or when they started writing and recording songs? When they signed a recording contract? When their first album was released?"

I once wanted to do a chart on the day John Lennon and Paul McCartney met, but never did. But I DID do a composite chart with the 4 of them and was blown away. You can go a composite of the Beatles and put in the transits of the date of their first actual recording as "The Beatles" and see what you come up with.

"So what really determines the "birth" of things like these? that is, if there really is a way or if these charts would be even worthy of consideration."

I did a chart for the World Trade Center...actually a couple of them....when the first tower was begun and for the official opening day - on 9/11 both charts were terribly aspected by transits....if you can believe that..it was creepy.

It's absolutely valid to do this type of chart. Cities that have charters have birth dates, as do companies, stores, countries, hospitals, etc.

But for your own research, if you are interested in music and tv and pix, I would try a couple of different dates....for instance, for an album, the date of the laying of the first tracks. Then another one for the release date, and see what you come up with.
It's all about doing your own research and seeing where it leads.
LIN

Last edited: