Why Can't I "Work"?

Neppy

I read you words and thought: sounds like mars conj neptune

and then i open your chart and what do I see..!!! Mars conj neptune....!!

Take a ponder yourself about mars conj neptune and lets see what you can find. Ill be back later to continue.

hepp
Neppy

Neppy

Jenna Jupiter said:
Thanks.

I have Moon in house 1 in my progressed so i'm quite sensitive and happy i did'nt get the reply "You are the most lazy person on earth.";)

/JJ

:D i might have to tell you that you are lazy:D

well, I dont know more than through the people i know...one is a sofasittingpotatocrisp, with not much action to do.....the other has a energy that is difficult to fathom, what does she want?

well, there is more to neptune/mars. The reason having this conjunction is not to be lazy, so what is the reason, then?

Ill be back (hopefully :cool: )

Neppy

woolgatherer

I have trouble getting myself to work too, despite having a pretty earthy chart. I don't know if a Mars Neptune opposition would have a similar effect in that regard, but I have that aspect. My Mars is in Cancer too though, that can't help..

waybread

Jenna, I have 3-4 planets in the 5th, including my sun. I know the feeling!

But look at your sun and Saturn in the 6th--the house of service! Yes, you can "work"--notably to support your leisure pursuits and to save up for an early retirement. This may not quite beat the system, but see whether your career mightn't lie in recreation, leisure, tourism, or something related to your hobbies. How do you feel about working with young children, another meaning of the 5th house? Also, with your Saturn so close to your chart-ruler Mercury, you probably have a good analytical mind.

EJ53

Banned
Hi Jenna,

Look at Chiron in Leo/12th opposite Mercury in Aquarius/6th.

Chiron here gives deep-seated feelings of being unappreciated and uncreative (Leo) by everyone (12th) - which conflicts with Mercury's need to be "original" (Aquarius) at work (6th).

So, it would really hurt if the work you did was not appreciated. But that pain can be easily avoided subconsciously - by never doing any work.

EJ:)

Neppy

Hi again JennaJ

I have finally taken a closer look at your chart now.
I feel you are a free spirit....with uranus ruling sun,moon,merc sat and conj your venus...and touching your mars aswell.... all your most personal planets.!!
On top of this you seem very responsible with that sun/saturn. Of course sun/sat can give a low selfconfidence and coupled with the chiron opp that EJ53 told you about.
You feel a bit to me like the Archetype Artemis. Her work comes out of a strong inner connection to something more than herself. If you find some work that can lead further than for your own good,.... you need the aquarian feeling of doing it for the betterment of the people of earth (or something like that)...then you can become the most hardworking trustworthy person in the world:D . But it has to be a free-working situation...where all your unusual creative ideas can blurp up.!!

you are not even 18 years old yet!! well, stop demanding a lot of yourself (saturn/sun)and do, do, do...just because it is fun, soon you will end up doing so much that you probably need this time to just enjoy.I think you pick up what you need from this course you are doing. And i definitely think that the art/designing/sculpture/installations or similar, are your way.

PS.jenna, please clear your inbox..Im trying to send you a privat message and it says your inbox is full..))))
Hugs
Neppy

Last edited:

archergirl

I think the problem of 'laziness' is more likely the trine between Jupiter and Venus. They are both indulgent planets, so a friendly trine between them is likely to tip 'indulgent' over the edge. But Jupiter hits just about everything else in the chart as well, indicating a 'do it big or bust' sort of energy.

Speaking from very far away in age and 'life experience' :D , I think it's fair to say that you are still quite young and don't have enough working years behind you yet to figure out what your rhythms are in terms of work. That loaded 5th house isn't really the culprit: there is a LOT of energy there, and you have a Sun/Saturn conjunction: a very hard worker.

Some pragmatic advice: it may be that you will develop a preference for 'bursts' of work, followed by long periods of what other people would view as 'slacking off', which really isn't slacking off but a recharging of your batteries. You don't have the chart of someone who is comfortable plugging away, day after day, doing the same things over and over again, so you will have to find some type of work that allows you to work in fits and starts, or doesn't 'force' you to finish a project completely.

Some people are very good at 'completing' things, but if you are anything like me you will have a long trail of 'unfinished masterpieces' behind you. This can actually work out fine in the end, if you can find someone who enjoys the 'finishing' rather than the 'getting it started'. Conversely, you might enjoy the 'finishing', if you have trouble getting things going. There's something for everyone; you just have to know what to look for.

In other words, instead of judging yourself harshly for being 'lazy' or being 'unable to work', try to understand your own rhythms a bit better, and get comfortable with working like that. Realistically speaking you won't always be able to do work the way you'd like, so it would also be a good idea to learn how to be disciplined with yourself to get things done (in other words, don't always 'indulge' the Venus-Jupiter trine!:p ).

Don't know where to start on something? Just start somewhere; it doesn't even have to be at the beginning. You actually have a very orderly mind, so once you get it kick-started, you'll eventually work out the rest. I re-landscaped my back huge back garden on my own, but it took many 're-workings' and false starts before I got it going. Once it got going, though, everything fell into place. I didn't have a fixed 'plan': I just had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, but the idea needed several tweakings. This 'tweaking' drove Mr. Archergirl nuts, but since I was doing the work and he wasn't, I didn't pay him any attention. He works differently to me. You work differently to other people.

Work discipline develops over time, and you have barely entered the working world. Give yourself some time and space to get the hang of your own patterns and preferences, and stop feeling that you have to be a workhorse in the same manner that everyone around you is. In my experience you will eventually find the right way to work 'for you'.

It took me a long time to figure out my own work patterns, and have been very lucky to find a field of work I love, that has a lot of variety and moving around. I can work at my own pace, and so I have 'down' days where I don't feel like doing much (so I don't) and then days or even weeks of enormous outpourings of energy, where I get everything done in one fell swoop. As long as I get the work done (and like you, I set very high standards for myself), my boss leaves me alone to do my job in the way I see as best. But it took years to find it!:)

Don't drop out of school. Practice discipline. Make yourself exercise daily to get out the extra energy...I suspect you might bottle it up, which is what leaves you feeling restless. It will also help you get 'out of your head' and back into your body: with Uranus so close to all those other planets, you probably zip along faster than the speed of light. Focus on your body a bit every day; exercise it; feed it good food. Don't do drugs...not even caffeine. You don't need it!

Be patient with yourself. You have a LOT of time to figure it all out. You don't have to do all the figuring out today.

AG:)

Last edited: