Crocodile Hunter's Death

Vanillaventi

I'd be very curious to know what his chart reading was and if it showed how strange and tragic his death would be at such a young age??? Could anyone do this??? He was a wonderful man and will be missed!!! I'd liked to know about natal chart also to see why he was such a animated animal lover, and seems basic good guy, loving family man. Sincerely Debra Thank you for any help:( So Sad!!! :(

Arian Maverick

I had not heard of this news until your post. I'll see what I can find about the Crodile Hunter's time and place of death... :(

EDIT: Based upon Frisiangal's latest post, I have edited the natal chart and transits chart to reflect a 4:18 AM time of birth.

EDIT 2: I have added BML to both charts, at Frisiangal's request :)

Natal Chart:

Natal Chart and Transits:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

freedomlover

You beat me to the punch, Debra! I was wondering the same thing, came in to the computer to post, and you had just posted this thread. Great minds think alike, huh?

Does anyone have any natal or time of death information on Steve Irwin? I had only seen the show a couple of times, as I haven't had regular access to tv in several years. But those couple of times left a lasting impression with me. He struck me as such a caring person -and so full of life! It also seemed that he had a deep love and connection with the animal kingdom. I was heartbroken. I can't explain it - I barely knew of this man, but it was like someone shot me in the heart when I heard of his death. I am sure thousands, maybe millions, of children (of all ages) are mourning his untimely passing.

freedomlover

Mav,
I couldn't find his time of birth. Did you estimate it? The noon birthtime would give him an Aries asc, which would seem fitting, I think - either an Aries or a Leo asc. Also, the chart's houses didn't print, in case you're unaware. Thanks for posting the charts!

Arian Maverick

Mav,
I couldn't find his time of birth. Did you estimate it? The noon birthtime would give him an Aries asc, which would seem fitting, I think - either an Aries or a Leo asc. Also, the chart's houses didn't print, in case you're unaware. Thanks for posting the charts!

No, I could not find his time of birth either, but I did read that his approximate time of death was 11 AM.

Arian Maverick

Vanillaventi

I'd say he strikes me as a leo ascendant!!! Loved animals and his children, his hair strikes me as a lion and also his facial features!!!! :( :( :(

freedomlover

I lean towards that, as well. He definitely came off as a fire sign, I think. So, he would have to have prominently placed fire to compensate for all that air and water. Possibly Sag, though, since he loved to travel. Or the Aries for the bravery and starting new things. But the Leo sure seems to fit the most, I think.

Howl

Okay, I have to post this because it's odd that I am being sent this stuff through my work networks: it's being published by online underground Australian subversive news: CRIKEY. Yep, that's its name. Here is what CRIKEY writers wrote thismorning:

2. A Wildlife Warrior's death story that spread like wildfire

Sophie Black writes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many Australians learned of the death of Steve Irwin when they returned to their desks after lunch yesterday. As the news made its way from a remote reef to the mainland and then around the world, websites collapsed, blogs weighed in, Google was flooded, the Irwin entry in Wikipedia was hotly debated, and the reef where Irwin died was pinpointed on Google Earth. By 3pm, the tasteless photoshopped images were already landing in inboxes, perhaps even before Irwin’s wife had been informed of his death. Crikey has put together a working timeline. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
clear1x1.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 11am: As Irwin is shooting a documentary on dangerous marine life in shallow water at Batt Reef, about 32 nautical miles offshore, he swims above a 2.5m stingray before it turns on him and sends a poisonous barb through his heart. He is pronounced dead at approximately 12pm by Queensland Rescue Service officers.

Approx 2pm: News.com.au is apparently the first news outlet to break the story. Soon after, thousands of international fans swamp Australian news websites in numbers not seen since the London bombings last year or April's Beaconsfield mine collapse. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 2pm: At the same time, Irwin's Wikipedia entry is updated to include his death, amendments begin as Wikipedians argue with each other over whether the rumour is true or not.

Approx 2.10pm: Breaking news scrolls across Sky News program.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 2.15pm: News hits Google. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 2.30pm: Internet users checking that the rumour of Irwin’s death is not a hoax send several Australian news sites into meltdown for up to 30 minutes. First site to go down is www.news.com.au, followed by www.ninemsn.com.au. Also struggling to keep up were the Fairfax sites www.smh.com.au and www.theage.com.au. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 2.30pm: ABC Online news includes link to Google Earth pinpointing where Irwin died.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 3.00pm: US TV network CBS posts the news. News is reported promptly on news outlets globally, including the al-Jazeera network and the BBC, where hundreds of reader tributes poured in from Bangalore to Rome.

Approx 4pm: PM pays tribute to Irwin after learning of the death during Question Time.

Approx 6pm: Blogs like Larvatus Prodeo, The Kill File, Fop, The Pigs are Flying!, The Corner, National Review Online, and The Huffington Postbegin to weigh in.

Approx 6pm: Discovery Communications posts a statement mourning the loss of Irwin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6pm: The Irwin story leads the news programs.

6.30pm: Today Tonight and A Current Affair air hastily-put-together tributes. According to Glenn Dyer, ratings were boosted across all channels by the news of Irwin's death (for further detail, see Media briefs and TV ratings).

Approx 8pm: Tributes pour in to the ABC website from around the world.

Approx 9.30pm: By late last night, almost 700 people, from Mexico to Romania and Norway, had written messages of tribute on The Australian's website. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 9.30pm: Andrew Denton's Enough Rope replays an old interview with Irwin in tribute. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approx 10pm: Irwin’s IMDB profile is updated.

12.48am – Crikey reader Kayt Davies writes: “It's Monday night and my teenager is talking to his friends on msn, he's connected to about 200 kids, and their respective networks spread wider. Someone suggested putting little reptile emot-icons in their screen names as a mark of respect for Steve. First one, then two followed, then fifteen, and up to fifty in minutes, soon almost all. I wonder how fast this is spreading through the innumerable other branches of Australia's kids msn chat networks, how many kids will add a reptile to their name as a salute, in their language, to someone they respect.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This morning: The Oz and The Daily Tele devote their editorials to Irwin, gory death descriptions like The Daily Mail's UK effort are postedand hyperbolic tributes flood in from around the world, as details of footage of Irwin's death surface. [/FONT]

Yes, it's true, you can't walk through the streets without hearing ...'crocodile'...'irwin'.....'stingray!'.....etc, in every tenth conversation. I was told by a cafe owner at about 3pm yesterday, and then heard snatches of wildfire crocodile hunter death stories for the rest of the day. This is, apparently, the bigest news australia has seen in a while. On all the papers, on all the channels, even in all the emails.

As those who I joined in the chat session today will know, I don't watch much tv :p and so the extent of this whole news thing has somewhat taken me by surprise. At least this confirms apparent time of death for those of you interested in the astrology of the event :) Accident around 11am, declared dead at noon.

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Gosh, it's so sad. I liked him a lot. One of my girlfriends even thought he was hot. We all youst to say that he was going to get killed one day, but it is still surprising and sad that it happened. I just hope that it doesn't become a big joke. I hope that people show a little respect to a great guy. My sympathies go out to our Australian members. L.

Theo

Banned
Vanillaventi said:
I'd be very curious to know what his chart reading was and if it showed how strange and tragic his death would be at such a young age??? Could anyone do this??? He was a wonderful man and will be missed!!! I'd liked to know about natal chart also to see why he was such a animated animal lover, and seems basic good guy, loving family man. Sincerely Debra Thank you for any help:( So Sad!!! :(

The sad news about Steve Irwin's death from being stabbed in the heart by a stingray's toxic barb continues to show why it is not wise to be fully out and about during the transit of Mars near the Dragon's Tail.

Steve Irwin's sunrise chart of the day, Feb. 22, 1962, shows his Moon at 26-Virgo with his natal Lunar Nodes at 18-Leo (north node) and 18-Aquarius (south node) ~ these are the key areas for Irwin.

The transits have shown that the day he was killed by the stingray, the Dragon's Tail was conjoined to Irwin's natal Virgo Moon, with Mars also conjoined to his natal Moon.

Meanwhile, the Saturn/Neptune opposition, exact in motion, were conjoined to Irwin's natal North & South Nodes in Leo/Aquarius. Saturn's transit in Leo (the heart & chest) is directly exact to Irwin's natal North Lunar Node in Leo at 18-degrees.

Transiting Jupiter in Scorpio is conjoined to his natal Neptune in Scorpio

Irwin's Secondary Progressions ~

His Prog. S. Lunar Node conjoins his natal Mars in Aquarius.
His Prog. Moon at 21-TAU squares his natal Jupiter in Aquarius.

His Prog. Mars at 20-PIS is mostly unaspected, but is opposed to his natal Virgo Moon, and has been opposed to transiting Mars in Virgo since late August.

It would not surprise me to see the Leo/Virgo cluster near the Midheaven at the time of the Irwin's encounter with the stringray. His transits since late August were malefic, as Mars' transit to the Dragon's Tail has revealed a bad end to summer for many around the world. This has been a very malefic transit, noted for its strength, and ability to take life under usually safe conditions.

The month of August/early September would have been perfect for Irwin to take a vacation, and relax with his family, rather than to work in the hazardous wildlife work he was known and famous for making him a globally icon. This was a scheduled taping for a new TV show that could've been postponed (or done earlier) because of these malefic transits.

The transit of Saturn in opposition to Neptune, combined with the motion of Mars near the Dragon's Tail, and just a week from Mars changing tropical signs into Libra (Sept. 8) and direction from north to south (Sept. 10.) has been rough on many people ~ including Irwin.

It is important to remember that global transits near the Dragon's Tail especially are not to be taken lightly ~ even with beneficient planets such as Venus and Jupiter.

In fact, transiting Venus will conjoin the transiting Dragon's Tail by September 25-29 and people noting this should be aware to take care when planets cross the Dragon's Tail.

Mars is now almost 4-degrees in seperation from the Dragon's Tail and now in the critical last degrees of tropical Virgo ~ however, news relating to all sorts of deaths, both accidential and not, are in the media; especially affecting those who are young.

Irwin's death is a very sad reminder to take care with planets near sensitive points in one's own personal transits.

Vanillaventi

Hi, Well no one seems to know for sure time of birth, but looking on the internet I found something quite notable @ www.bigskyastrology.com/bloggish/ Under the heading Jupiter isn't always Santa Claus, you might want to check all of the article. Saturn/Neptune opposition 17 Leo/Aquarius hit Irwin's natal planets pretty hard too, conjunct his Nodal axis, close to his natal mars and jupiter (conjunct and opposed Uranus) and square Neptune:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( HE WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!Prayers to his family and loved ones!!!! May we all live each day as it may be our last and not let any opportunities to love and be loved pass us by, and that we make a difference, and not to let our differences keep us apart. Our time here is short, live life so you have no regrets!!!! P.S. Sad and glad I also read that he hoped his death would be taped and I read on Yahoo that it was, so God Bless Him he got his wish!!!!

Frisiangal

Hi All,
From another forum an UNVERIFIED time from Australia of 04.18 has been given for Irwin's birth. It provides a remarkable chart that is almost too eerily accurate to be true and the transits at the time play out accordingly.
Whether it is a rectified chart to suit the moment of his death is not yet known, but the transiting Mars conjunct Moon in the 8th and square 5th house vertex of 'fated encounter', together with the T-square with transiting Pluto and BML, made the hairs at the back of my neck rise.

F.

Arian Maverick

Thank you for the information, Frisiangal; although the time is unverified, I have updated the charts I posted at the beginning of this thread :)

Arian Maverick

Very ironic that he got taken by sting ray of all things. Very sad, feel sorry for the kids. Kind of eery that his body was only 0.5 km from my house at the hospital morgue.

Frisiangal

Fine, A.M., but I wish you had included BML on 12* Virgo.:) . It's the Pluto-BML configuration that is repeated as a transiting square taking in THE SAME HOUSE and triggered by transiting Mars conjunct natal Moon.

In the 8th house, I wonder if such a configuration is significant of a total lack of fear of death, or just not seeing what hit him !

F.

Arian Maverick

Fine, A.M., but I wish you had included BML on 12* Virgo. . It's the Pluto-BML configuration that is repeated as a transiting square taking in THE SAME HOUSE and triggered by transiting Mars conjunct natal Moon.

In the 8th house, I wonder if such a configuration is significant of a total lack of fear of death, or just not seeing what hit him !

F.

I will create a new natal chart and upload it here :)

Arian Maverick

Natasha

Thankyou from down under. Most ozzies (myself included) really loved him and respected his committment to conservation.
He did a lot to promote conservation of the wild species in the Pacific base. Animal Planet down here are running his crocdile hunter shows as memorial
Animal Planet has the same committment to preserving wild species & halting poaching.
We feel sad he has gone. He had a team who worked closely with him and his wife also so they will carry on his good work.
I dont know his time of birth unfortunately but it will probably appear on some astrology article or web site. if I find it I shall let this site know.