Saturn through the signs

obsidianmineral

How has your experience with Saturn been? Have you been able to know how your Saturn affects your life? How does it have to do with the house it's placed in and in what sign it's placed?

How has your experience with Saturn been? Have you been able to know how your Saturn affects your life? How does it have to do with the house it's placed in and in what sign it's placed?

I am a firm believer in traditional rulership so keep that in mind in my response. So I see Saturn as the ruler of Capricorn and Aquarius.

In my nativity, Saturn is at 0' Aquarius. Since in my delineation, I do not dispose Scorpio planets to Pluto, it also serves as the final dispositor (not everyone has one but I happen to). Saturn opposes Jupiter, trines Mars, squares the Midheaven, receives an applying conjunction from the Moon and a separating one from Mercury. All of this is to say that Saturn is the strongest planet in my nativity - it rules both my lights of which the Sun is chart ruler and it is the end of every chain of disposition, making aspects to 4 of 6 other personal planets and one of the main angles. His importance is undeniable.

In whole sign, Saturn is in my 7th house/Aquarius. Matters of identity ("I" vs the world, individuality, privacy) detached friendliness, balance, truth, analyzing, one-on-one relationships, losing and gaining myself in others have been huge in my life.

I know that Saturn is seen as a malefic planet but I have not experienced this. As Saturn has transited the majority of my nativity, I have seen profound, Saturnine influences but in ways which has been beneficial. As Saturn transited through my 9th house, I successfully transitioned to schooling, as it passed through my 11th, I was finally able to making lastly, healthy friendships and take part in organizational activities in school. I cut ties with an oppressive church when Saturn traveled through my 12th house, gladly took an interest in developing a savings and took my first job when it went through the 2nd. I quit college when Saturn went through the 3rd, opting for a closer school which saved me $50,000 in student loans (I have no loans and a bachelor's degree because of this choice). I eventually left home to travel and volunteer in the country for a year when Saturn transited the 3rd/4th house cusp. My mother who had been severely sick my whole life died when Saturn when through the 4th house. I went home to visit her, spending a week with her that I will always treasure. Her decline was rapid but with a lot less suffering than her illness suggested. I called her the day before her death even though we thought she had more time, she mentioned how she wanted her ashes distributed. Shortly after Saturn left my 4th house, I left my childhood home for my own place.

I know this is probably more than you asked for there it is. :wink:

Last edited:

design

saturn is kind of strong in my natal chart. it sits in aries in my 7th house (lucky me) and it does unsurprisingly enough affect my relationships with people a lot. I've also got my moon in the 7th, conjunct saturn. I find it to be extremely karmic, especially in the part of my life where if one of my relationships ended badly with a friend or an interest. Personally speaking, I'm also really conservative and very pessimistic; I feel like it plays the role of that voice in the back of my head telling me to not over-exaggerate events in my life. In which that's great but I really have to teach myself to be more optimistic fast, hah. Right now it's in retrograde transiting my 4th house and the one thing I'm noticing is my family's going through a lot of home changes. There's also been a bunch of major close calls so, fingers crossed.

Tla26

It depends on your chart--your personal karmic less Me are dominated by what's dominate. If you have a lot of Capricorn in you then absolutely it will affect you. If you have Saturn ruling a house where you have a stellium, that's legit.

But it isn't always a huge factor.

detectahead

It depends on your chart--your personal karmic less Me are dominated by what's dominate. If you have a lot of Capricorn in you then absolutely it will affect you. If you have Saturn ruling a house where you have a stellium, that's legit.

But it isn't always a huge factor.

The Sun or Moon in aspect to Saturn is a major factor in the makeup of the personality of the native. This also includes aspects by the ruling planet of the chart,final depositor or in connection with a planet that is dignified in its own sign.

I have Moon/Saturn conjunction in sagitarius, 6th house. Sag is mutable, 6th is mutable house and you would think it would decrease its effects but I'm here to tell you, NOT!

aquarius7000

...I have Moon/Saturn conjunction in sagitarius, 6th house. Sag is mutable, 6th is mutable house and you would think it would decrease its effects but I'm here to tell you, NOT!
I don't understand why the influence of Saturn is expected to reduce based on it being in a mutable sign and house?
Mutable means changeable and Saturn being heavier in its influence than the luminaries, Saturn is the one to change the Sun and the Moon.

detectahead

I don't understand why the influence of Saturn is expected to reduce based on it being in a mutable sign and house?
Mutable means changeable and Saturn being heavier in its influence than the luminaries, Saturn is the one to change the Sun and the Moon.

This is what I am referring to, the sign or house have very little effect on how the Saturn exerts it's influence on a personal planet. There are exceptions but the edge goes to the planet

aquarius7000

This is what I am referring to, the sign or house have very little effect on how the Saturn exerts it's influence on a personal planet. There are exceptions but the edge goes to the planet
The planet, I agree, is the main acting agent. However, the house is of extreme importance in the case of all planets as it reflects the area of life that the energies of the acting planets will impact.

katydid

I have Saturn @ 19Libra. I have Neptune @ 21Libra. So Saturn is in an applying conjunction to Neptune in the 6th house.

I think Neptune profoundly affects my Saturn experience...:sideways:

detectahead

The planet, I agree, is the main acting agent. However, the house is of extreme importance in the case of all planets as it reflects the area of life that the energies of the acting planets will impact.

I agree(to some extent)I am saying the planet is stonger when in aspect to a personal planet. The house or sign has little effect on personality compared to the planet. The planet effecting the sun or Moon will express that combination thru the house or sign.

With Saturn/Moon conjunction in 6th(Sun sign Cancer) would you say I have a healthy life?

detectahead

I have Saturn @ 19Libra. I have Neptune @ 21Libra. So Saturn is in an applying conjunction to Neptune in the 6th house.

I think Neptune profoundly affects my Saturn experience...:sideways:

Are you Pisces,Sun in 12th or other positions which make Neptune strong in the chart. Then yes, Saturns application to Neptune would be strong

david starling

Think of Saturn as a very "challenging" vibration, strong enough to force you to find a way to deal with it. The Sign it's in will define the nature of the challenge, the House will be the Area of Life that will be under Saturnian pressure. How you can best "pass the Test" that Saturn requires you to take depends on the Aspects.
That said, the Houses need defining. For example, I personally disagree with some of the conventional House characteristics, especially H12, but H6 as well. Also, the House methods come into question. I've concluded that there are different "Life-paths" we can take, and that choice can alter the House placements significantly. In my own case, I've clearly chosen a path best described by Whole-sign. But many whose Charts I've read are a much better fit to Placidus. It's a judgement call!

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I agree(to some extent)I am saying the planet is stonger when in aspect to a personal planet. The house or sign has little effect on personality compared to the planet. The planet effecting the sun or Moon will express that combination thru the house or sign.

With Saturn/Moon conjunction in 6th(Sun sign Cancer) would you say I have a healthy life?
Most certainly when personal planets are involved, example Nep - Mercury, the impact is more personal. With Nep-Pluto, it might take a decade to show some consciousness shift over time.

Sat-Moon conjunction in the 6th, I don't see a problem with health with that placement per se. The 6th is not the health house, it is the first! I work with traditional astrology methods.

katydid

Are you Pisces,Sun in 12th or other positions which make Neptune strong in the chart. Then yes, Saturns application to Neptune would be strong

My Sun is conjunct the Neptune so that strengthens Neptune in the natal chart. Neptune is the 'oriental director' in my chart.

AppLeo

I have a cap rising with Saturn conjunct my 4th IC, square my sun, sextile my Venus, trine my moon, trine my north node...

I don't know how it's affected me.

Usually Saturn aspects indicate issues with authority. I've always been someone who was either overly obedient to authority figures or revolted against them.

And wherever I go, I always have this like mental wall to keep people and feelings out.

detectahead

Most certainly when personal planets are involved, example Nep - Mercury, the impact is more personal. With Nep-Pluto, it might take a decade to show some consciousness shift over time.

Sat-Moon conjunction in the 6th, I don't see a problem with health with that placement per se. The 6th is not the health house, it is the first! I work with traditional astrology methods.

Yes, I am well aware of the first but when it comes to health issues there have been to many examples in my own expierence over the years. The 6th house of the chart governs the general ailments and that is according to the sign on the cusp and any planets within that house.
The Asc in both sexes determines the physical strength or weakness of the native.
No matter what the Sun and Moon are our main points of interest, Sun for male, Moon for female of course.

My main point from the beginning of this conversation was and I still say, when a planet is in aspect to Sun or Moon the attributes of that planet are very marked in the personality. The sign and house(and I think I know myself pretty well) have no effect on my personality. It does have a lot to do with how I work and how meticulous I can be.