Eclipses: crazy coincidence or significant?

bittermoon

I just realised that the Solar Eclipse of July 1 will fall on my natal Sun. Not having taken much notice of these events, I started to research what it means. I am still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but it appears to to be a trigger of change.

While researching I came across a tiny snippet about pre-natal eclipses. Out of curiosity, I made charts for both the last Solar and Lunar Eclipse before I was born and I must admit that it freaked me out.

Natally I have 6 Pisces Rising. The PNSE (4 months prior to my birth) shows the eclipse happening at 6 Pisces, right at what would become my natal Ascendant. Then the PNLE has 8 Pisces Rising.

I cannot find any information on this so would really appreciate if somebody has an idea what the meaning of this could be. Or perhaps it is just a crazy coincidence?

Warm Regards,

Bittermoon

Attachments

• natal.gif
    natal.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 43
  • SEprenatal.gif
    SEprenatal.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 35
  • LEprenatal.gif
    LEprenatal.gif
    46.5 KB · Views: 38

Lion o ness

Wish I could help and tell you... I did read somewhere that it means your life in general is karmic.

I also read Lunar eclipse is lessons you need to learn, and Solar is lessons you give out...

I ALSO read that Solar is your gifts that you where given.. :andy:

dhundhun

I just realised that the Solar Eclipse of July 1 will fall on my natal Sun. Not having taken much notice of these events, I started to research what it means. I am still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but it appears to to be a trigger of change.

It probably won't be having effect of eclipse, because it won't be visible. However, you have Saturn square New Moon. It can have quite challenging for 5th house affairs. Can affect health also as an example gastric problem mimicking heart problem. 5th house has pretty large scope.

bittermoon

Thanks for the contributions, all.

I will check out some of the eclipse links, but it's mostly the pre-natal stuff that I find slightly spooky. Going to check out a few other people's pre-natal eclipses and see if there's some sort of pattern and let you know if I find anything interesting.

Lion o ness

I looked at mine...

Pre Lunar is at 18Can in h5
Pre Solar is at 3Aqua in h11

Lunar sq my Uranus :pinched:
Solar trine my pluto

I havent really sat down and looked at much of the aspects.

tsmall

Premium Member

While researching I came across a tiny snippet about pre-natal eclipses. Out of curiosity, I made charts for both the last Solar and Lunar Eclipse before I was born and I must admit that it freaked me out.

Natally I have 6 Pisces Rising. The PNSE (4 months prior to my birth) shows the eclipse happening at 6 Pisces, right at what would become my natal Ascendant. Then the PNLE has 8 Pisces Rising.

I cannot find any information on this so would really appreciate if somebody has an idea what the meaning of this could be. Or perhaps it is just a crazy coincidence?

Warm Regards,

Bittermoon

I hope it's not a crazy coincidence. :smile: Ready for "coincidence?" I was born 9/25/1969. In 1969 there were 5 eclipses, two solar, three lunar. The first, a solar eclipse on 3/18/1969 fell at 27*Pisces 51', almost exactly conjunct (within a couple of minutes) my natal moon...7 months before I was born. On 4/2/1969 a lunar eclipse at 12* 51' Libra (again, within minutes) conjunct my natal ASC...before I was born. Another lunar eclipse on 8/27/1969 with Moon at 3* 58' Pisces, and Sun at 3*58' Virgo...conjunct my natal Venus....yup, within minutes. :cool:

The last eclipse before I was born was, of course, solar, on 9/11/1969 (no, I read nothing into the date, lol....though, hmmmm) and doesn't falll near anything in my natal chart except for the nodes, which are the same as at my birth, on the next lunar eclipse, as we might have guessed, 9/25/1969. But...my oldest daughter has that solar eclipse within 3* of her natal ASC. Finally, on my birthday, there was a lunar eclipse roughly 6 hours after I was born.

I have absolutely no idea what to make of any of it, but, wow...:smile:

dr. farr

Among the Jaimini adepts* of Ponmudi forest (Kerala, India) there is a doctrine that those with numerous eclipse-affinities in their lives (natal and beyond) are special channels "for the gods" (they say, for Shiva) to mankind...

(*Jaimini is a minority school of Vedic astrology, founded in ancient times by the Rishi Jaimini, not long after the elaboration of "mainstream" Vedic by the sage Parashara)

JUPITERASC

I hope it's not a crazy coincidence. :smile: Ready for "coincidence?" I was born 9/25/1969. In 1969 there were 5 eclipses, two solar, three lunar. The first, a solar eclipse on 3/18/1969 fell at 27*Pisces 51', almost exactly conjunct (within a couple of minutes) my natal moon...7 months before I was born. On 4/2/1969 a lunar eclipse at 12* 51' Libra (again, within minutes) conjunct my natal ASC...before I was born. Another lunar eclipse on 8/27/1969 with Moon at 3* 58' Pisces, and Sun at 3*58' Virgo...conjunct my natal Venus....yup, within minutes. :cool:

The last eclipse before I was born was, of course, solar, on 9/11/1969 (no, I read nothing into the date, lol....though, hmmmm) and doesn't falll near anything in my natal chart except for the nodes, which are the same as at my birth, on the next lunar eclipse, as we might have guessed, 9/25/1969. But...my oldest daughter has that solar eclipse within 3* of her natal ASC. Finally, on my birthday, there was a lunar eclipse roughly 6 hours after I was born. I have absolutely no idea what to make of any of it, but, wow...:smile:

Although others worldwide were also born within hours of the lunar eclipse that followed your particular birth, most, if not all, would have had different ASC/DESC, MC/IC - which leads me to the question - were others born at approximately a similar time in the same hospital that you were born? Your gestation period includes five eclipses - all but one of which aspect planets and/or angles of your natal chart... the errant eclipse instead aspects the natal ascendant of your eldest daughter - intriguing. Are there any others on this forum with similar natal chart aspects to pre-natal eclipses? :smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
Although others worldwide were also born within hours of the lunar eclipse that followed your particular birth, most, if not all, would have had different ASC/DESC, MC/IC - which leads me to the question - were others born at approximately a similar time in the same hospital that you were born? Your gestation period includes five eclipses - all but one of which aspect planets and/or angles of your natal chart... the errant eclipse instead aspects the natal ascendant of your eldest daughter - intriguing. Are there any others on this forum with similar natal chart aspects to pre-natal eclipses? :smile:

I too would be interested to know if anyone else has similar natal aspects to pre-natal eclipses.

Looking further, I compared the chart of my daughter with that of the eclipse, and her moon at 21* 1' Pisces is conjunct within 5" the NNode of that eclipse (coincidentally, my natal NNode as well.) TPoF was conjunct the ASC of the event at the time of totality, and they both conjunct her natal Venus within 1/2 a degree. Her MC at 12* 36' Gemini is less than 2* from exact opposition to the PoF/ASC conjunction...and her IC is then conjunct the ASC of the eclipse. Finally, the vertex of the eclipse at 1* Leo 19' is roughly 2 1/2* from exact conjunction with her NNode. I have attached the chart if anyone is interested in looking...and if anyone has any insight or interpretation (dr. farr, I am pretty sure that no gods are using me as a channel, at least not as yet...:smile:)

Attachments

• Kenz Tam eclipse tropical.jpg
    Kenz Tam eclipse tropical.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34

tsmall

Premium Member
TS:
You never can tell!!

Ah well...if we look we see that Sun is in the term, triplicity, and fall of Venus. Moon is in the term, and exaltation of Venus. Mercury is in the face, decan, triplicity, and fall of Venus. Venus is in the monimoiria of Venus. Mars is in the term of Venus. Jupiter is in the face, decan, triplicity and fall of Venus. Saturn is in the term and detriment of Venus. ASC is in the face, decan, triplicity, and fall of Venus. PoF is in the monomoiria and exaltation of Venus...so, maybe Aphrodite is speaking through me...and wants someone else to clean the bathroom? (LOL!)

I am editing this post to say that, though joking above, I have Sun, Moon, and Mercury (chart ruler in sidereal) in
Deeply pitted degree...meaning that my thoughts/ideas are either incorrect or not ever acknowledged by those who know me? So, re cleaning bathrooms, home, having genius ideas or anything else...yeah, I'm not ever taken seriously...

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ah well... I have Sun, Moon, and Mercury (chart ruler in sidereal) in Deeply pitted degree...meaning that my thoughts/ideas are either incorrect or not ever acknowledged by those who know me? So, re cleaning bathrooms, home, having genius ideas or anything else...yeah, I'm not ever taken seriously...
-the pits and peaks are not absolute arbiters of planetary influence: but they are an important gauge of likely planetary influence (or impediment, as the case might be) in delineation of the totality of cosmic factors in a given chart. -actually I have not found indications of variable effects of pits and peaks as related to sign, in the historical literature, nor in what I learned about this subject from the oral Ankara (Old Turkish) tradition. However, in addition to pits or peaks (or critical degrees which in effect are almost identical with the elevated degree), each degree of the zodiac also has other "properties" connected with it (according to the old-time concepts), such as what we would now call "yin" or "yang" properties ("male/female" degrees), light or dark or mixed qualities of light, and also degree/planetary qualities/connections, known as the "degree monomoiria"-these additional influences play a modifying role, in addition to the pit or peak modifying influences (for those who wish to make a "deeper" evaluation of the less-obvious chart factors)
Thanks for the information (again, I am not familiar with the honorifique degrees-wish I could read French, so much good information there on astrology and alchemy) In the above referenced example, the Moon "shines forth from its pit", so will have influence (this is because of the pitted degree also being an honorifique degree) Since it does have influence (because of the honorifique degree), then the aspects the Moon makes to other planets, Parts, etc, would modify the Moon's net ramifications in each woman's specific chart, which would (partially) account for the differences between the way each woman has "turned out" (so far) in their respective lives.
In my opinion:
...the natal Moon being elevated or pitted would increase (if elevated) or diminish (if pitted) the influence of all Lunar influences upon that individual, including the "intensity" of influence of the Lunar Mansions upon that individual.
... If the Moon is in an elevated degree, the generic (mundane) influence of that Mansion is increased; if in a pitted degree, the generic (mundane) influence of that Mansion is diminished (this is from the Ankara tradition)

Question 2: pits and peaks apply (as I understand it) only to planets and Parts/Lots; they do not apply to stars acting through cusps/angles, nor to house cusps/angles (azimene degrees apply to both planets and cusps/angles; also the very ancient Manilius "partes damnande" applied to the cusps and angles, not to the planets-but these subjects of azimene degrees and partes damnande are advanced and rather abstruse specialty matters)

and plenty more to mull over on the Elevated and pitted degrees thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29126 :smile:

JUPITERASC

I too would be interested to know if anyone else has similar natal aspects to pre-natal eclipses.

Looking further, I compared the chart of my daughter with that of the eclipse, and her moon at 21* 1' Pisces is conjunct within 5" the NNode of that eclipse (coincidentally, my natal NNode as well.) TPoF was conjunct the ASC of the event at the time of totality, and they both conjunct her natal Venus within 1/2 a degree. Her MC at 12* 36' Gemini is less than 2* from exact opposition to the PoF/ASC conjunction...and her IC is then conjunct the ASC of the eclipse. Finally, the vertex of the eclipse at 1* Leo 19' is roughly 2 1/2* from exact conjunction with her NNode. I have attached the chart if anyone is interested in looking...and if anyone has any insight or interpretation (dr. farr, I am pretty sure that no gods are using me as a channel, at least not as yet...:smile:)
Interesting also that the eclipse path/Geographic Region of eclipse visibility included Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia AND you just so happen to "live in a zoo" inhabited by creatures from some if not all of those areas!!

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEplot/LEplot1951/LE1969Sep25N.pdf and http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/LEsaros/LEsaros146.html

Some connections link your three children and a Lunar eclipse that occurred hours AFTER your birth: Eclipse is located to your place of birth and timed to the Ecliptic Conjunction

M's Mercury closely conjuncts MC of lunar eclipse chart
M's Jupiter is 2 º from Ascendant degree of lunar eclipse chart

S's Sun - using customary 3º orb conjuncts IC of lunar eclipse chart

R's Ascendant/Descendant axis 1 [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] orb conjunct Jupiter of lunar eclipse chart

as the thread title asks... are these connections simply 'crazy coincidences' or significant? :smile:

dd78

Hi,
I am sure there are no such coincidences:wink:

Last edited: