Transiting North Node conj. Natal South Node

Chloe

I would be interested in comments about what one might expect when the transitting north node in Virgo comes to the natal south node in Pisces in the 7th house. This conjunction will occur soon in the chart of a friend. Thanks for any feedback. Chloe

AquarianEssence

Hi. I decided to register just so I could respond to your question. I hope it isn't so old you miss it because this is an important question. In my experience, the nodal opposition is sort of like a pole reversal.

The north node is magnetic, yin, like the north pole, and resides at the top of the head in the body. It is also like the intersection in mathematics. The glyph is even the same. The intersection shows what you have in common with others and what is different. If you were to draw two circles partially overlapping, the intersected area, which looks like a yoni, represents what you have in common and the other two areas represents what you don't have in common. Those two areas look like the waxing and waning Moon. You could also look at this symbol as the two coming together as separate individuals with the union shown where they overlap or join. While one rises in energy the other wanes. In a sexual union each would take their turn in reaching the summit.

The south node is perhaps electric, but probably best described as repulsive, yang, like the south pole. In the body it resides at the base of the perineum. Energy is drawn in through the crown and grounds us to earth. In mathematics the symbol corresponds to the Union. Here both circles are completely overlapped, sharing everything in common. This would be like a complete merging with another in sacred sex, reaching the summit together, intensifying the power.

When the transiting north node passes over the natal south node it teaches us how the serpent bites his own tail. During the last trimester of gestation the baby moves to the head down position and stays there in preparation for birth. During this time his north node is aligned with the mother's south pole. This is a pole reversal between too beings. During this time the greatest growth occurs. All of the body fat necessary to maintain his body temperature is acquired (adding about a pound per week in those last weeks) and all of the vital organs complete there maturing process, the lungs and liver being the most crucial notable changes.

I've heard and read that many believe the earth has gone through many pole reversals and at that the effect is like placing a tape near a magnet. The memory gets erased. This is how they explain the evolved knowledge that has disappeared, having to be regained. Perhaps, during fetal development this is when the memory of past lives disappears. It is also possible that when they reverse every 18 years or so, that this is a time we regain memory of skills or knowledge previously developed. It is also a time that thrusts you onto the right path if you've strayed, perhaps taking away previous desires.

I also read somewhere that the ideal planetary configuration has the nodes on the outside perimeter of the planets, thus containing them. I have a bowl chart with the nodes the outer rim so perhaps it is easier for me to see the effect of the reversals.

At my first opposition, I was thrust into puberty, being the only girl in the whole elementary school that NEEDED a bra.:eek: My south node is in Cancer, the sign of the breasts in the house of peers, the 11th. This was probably the first time I really felt like I was different than average or the norm. The north node drew energy into my south node and expanded them. The south node met my north node in the 5th, schools attended. Shortly after this my mom lost her job and we lost our home. Later she lost her children as her mother reported it and the courts took us away.

My second opposition occurred when I inherited supplies for oil painting when my husband's grandma died. I quickly picked up the skills producing quite nice paintings in a very short time, leading me to believe that this is a skill I already had developed and was "re-membering", thus, my belief that the north node on the south node can draw in past memory. I also sense that, while bringing in distant memory, more recent memory may be erased somewhat, actually, just moved from the conscious to the unconscious storage area. The purpose of this may be to shift our focus to the future rather than holding on to the past.

My last opposition (yes, exposing my age:eek:) occurred while I was carrying my 7th son. It was the transition from 1st to 2nd trimester. I clearly did not intend to have another child but the universe had other plans for me. This time sent me in the right direction. What is interesting is that he is more his dad’s child than mine. South node is in 11th which is the 5th of the 7th. All my other children were mine, more than their dad’s. I did everything for them other than bring home the paycheck for their food. This child, while only I could feed him at breast, is so much like his dad, right down all the cusp degrees. He is very attached to him and his dad does as much of the nurturing as I do. I suppose it could just be because this is a different husband, my other sons were with my first husband, but I don’t think that is all there is too it. He is so different. And he doesn’t have the normal attachment to mom that one would expect especially with his Cancer Sun. This must have accelerated his growth also since he decided to break out of his watery home 5 weeks early, probably due to an unbelievable amount of stress I was under in the workplace. I was getting comments about big breasts then too. Since that time I have been thrust, not only out of that job, but out of that field all together since some nerve problems are limiting the amount of forceful physical labor I can now do.

Hope this helps,
Connie

Chloe

Connie - thanks much for your insights! I'm going to digest this - it is information at a deeper level than I was expecting and I'm delighted. More later. Chloe.

Alix

Hello,
The same is about to happen to me and the opposition will be completed exactly at the end of the year, I'm gonna have my third nodal opposition but I can't compare this one to the first two ones because there are other things going on and about to take place. I've got north node at 0 of Virgo(2nd house), south at 0 Pisces (8th house), north node conjunct Pluto at 5th Virgo and south node conjunct Chiron at 5th Pisces. I've heard that the changes caused by the opposition start the moment the nodes reach those signs that have to do with the nodal positions and when it is exactly opposite, it means that the process has been completed. I've been through a transition period of enormous proportions that also involve having Pluto conjunct my Moon at 27 Sag. Not only that but Saturn is now conjunct my Uranus and will be conjunct my Pluto at 5th Virgo for the first time around October 15th. I was having a look at the ephemeris and found that: 1) on August 28th the total lunar eclipse will happen exactly with the Sun conjunct my Pluto and the Moon conjunct Chiron. 2) on October 15th Saturn in transit will conjunct the south node exactly over my Pluto, whilst the north node will conjunct my Chiron, all this happening with Pluto conjunct my Moon. And then of course, at the end of the year there will actually happen the nodal opposition. For the past year and a half I've been through an imprecedent amount of losses in my life: material, emotional and sentimental ones. I've been trying to recycle what's left of my financial assets into acquiring new skills (or better saying, recovering old ones that I thought forgotten for good). Frankly, at best I'm a bit scarred, because I think it is really a bit too much, it looks like the second semester will be quite eventuful. I would be very grateful is someone could give me some hints on what I can expect.

fullmoonlibra

I will have this transit when i'm SUPPOSED to graduate. How will it affect me? am I going to graduate? I will have the north node transit conjunct natal south node in scorpio in third house. So south node transit conjunct natal north node/sun in taurus is the ninth house.
Does this transit mean that I will graduate or in contrary???

Alix

Hi fullmoonlibra,

If you have put in all the efforts that your NN in the 9th house of higher education has asked you to, the SN will bring in the positive results.
I don't know what to make of the transiting NN conjunct your native SN in the 3rd house in Scorpio but if you read AquarianEssence's post (I took the time to re-read it this afternoon after all these four years have passed to just find it really shockingly accurate), the NN passing over the SN, really does awaken past life memories as this is what happened to me after the opposition happened at the end of 2007. I was born with the SN in pisces in the 8th house: it cracked opened the dimensional portals and brought back to my consciousness a flurry of past life reminiscences, of two of them to be more precise. Slowly I started recognising people, places and understanding that my role and mission would have to change. I relocated from Brazil to the UK in 2006 and that also made things different, the relocated chart is a reality I've felt really strongly and with the SN shifting into the 6th house, I started to become aware of a sense of service I didn't have before and that has had the effect of changing my values completely.
Perhaps the same will happen to you, you might start remembering long forgotten talents and that will have the effect of changing your life's directions even in terms of the education you have chosen.
It will be interesting for us to learn what has happened after your nodal opposition, keep us posted!

fullmoonlibra

Hi fullmoonlibra,

If you have put in all the efforts that your NN in the 9th house of higher education has asked you to, the SN will bring in the positive results.
I don't know what to make of the transiting NN conjunct your native SN in the 3rd house in Scorpio but if you read AquarianEssence's post (I took the time to re-read it this afternoon after all these four years have passed to just find it really shockingly accurate), the NN passing over the SN, really does awaken past life memories as this is what happened to me after the opposition happened at the end of 2007. I was born with the SN in pisces in the 8th house: it cracked opened the dimensional portals and brought back to my consciousness a flurry of past life reminiscences, of two of them to be more precise. Slowly I started recognising people, places and understanding that my role and mission would have to change. I relocated from Brazil to the UK in 2006 and that also made things different, the relocated chart is a reality I've felt really strongly and with the SN shifting into the 6th house, I started to become aware of a sense of service I didn't have before and that has had the effect of changing my values completely.
Perhaps the same will happen to you, you might start remembering long forgotten talents and that will have the effect of changing your life's directions even in terms of the education you have chosen.
It will be interesting for us to learn what has happened after your nodal opposition, keep us posted!

Thanks a lot for your answer, and for your own experience, gives an idea about the process.
I also see now that I made a mistake in my post.
My north node is in Aries and I didn't mention that. It is conjunct Sun at 2 degrees Taurus. And my South Node is in Libra.

I will let you now if I think about it :)

Last edited:

Alix

Hi fullmoonlibra,

It all looks quite fated but remember that Fate doesn't necessarily means that something bad will happen.
I will really very soon have SN passing over my Sun and as per my past experience, this points to a phase when I should be reaping some results to my past efforts in terms of what I have so far attempted to do. In the next 9 years or so, I will be able to use all the experiences I have had, both successful and not so "positive" ones and put them to good use where and when necessary during that next period that follows the previous NN over Sun + NN solar eclipse over the Sun where there was much to live and try in order to discover where the new mission and life purpose would be.
I think you might find helpful to use the Sabian Symbols for the degrees where you will have SN and NN transits, as well as others. Basically, it's important to keep in mind that you sow and take with NN (it is where you are required to make an efforts and where you will find the opportunity) and reap and also filter and release with SN (you make less efforts here but you are also required to let some things just go as you cannot take all the baggage with you).

lilithofeden

I was curious to see what was happening in my chart when my sister and I ran away from home to live with our dad after my mom and him separated. I wanted to see if it was Pluto, Saturn or perhaps Chiron!

Well... I pulled up the chart (I don't know the exact day but it was about 2 weeks before Easter in 2002.). What did I find? My north node was transiting my south node, applying by 2 degrees in Gemini! I also had Pluto in my 4th house in Sag, Saturn in my 12th house in Leo and Chiron is at 0 degrees moving from my 4th house (sag) to my 5th house (cappi).

I had no home. I slept on my grandmothers couch, slept at my dads friends friends house on a foam fold up cot. My mom could have moved out of the house and let my sister and I live there (the courts said who ever has the kids should live in the house or else it gets sold) and she sold it. It took nearly 10 years before that money got settled. She sold my bunk bed, called the cops on my sister for wanting to get her clothes, she actually kidnapped me one day while the police were at her house. I would stay with a friend after school until my dad picked me up (he was granted sole custody of my sister and I) but I wanted to get my bike, and of course my mom had it. She didn't give us a single thing. So I wanted to sneak in the shed and take it and she came out with police (they were there taking a statement) and wouldn't let me go. She convinced the police that I was supposed to stay with her and the police were helping her hold me hostage while my friends dad was fighting with the cops. My dad ended up calling 911 and eventually the police let me go.. but I had bruises all over my arm from my mom holding me or yanking my arm... I don't remember any of this. (Chiron in 12th house natally maybe? I tend to regress things quite easily....) My sister told me.. I don't remember anything after trying to get my bike and she came running towards me; after that it's all blank.

I just had my nodal return last year, North node is in my 4th house so I guess it makes sense my family being ripped apart. I just hope my family isn't ripped apart every opposition.... I can't deal with that again. I'm still not completely healed from it and I would hate to put my son through that, or any other children I may have at that time.

**Also want to add that just before my 19th birthday, around my North node return, my mom moved on my street, just 3 houses down from me. **

Last edited:

piercethevale

Hi. I decided to register just so I could respond to your question. I hope it isn't so old you miss it because this is an important question. In my experience, the nodal opposition is sort of like a pole reversal.

The north node is magnetic, yin, like the north pole, and resides at the top of the head in the body. It is also like the intersection in mathematics. The glyph is even the same. The intersection shows what you have in common with others and what is different. If you were to draw two circles partially overlapping, the intersected area, which looks like a yoni, represents what you have in common and the other two areas represents what you don't have in common. Those two areas look like the waxing and waning Moon. You could also look at this symbol as the two coming together as separate individuals with the union shown where they overlap or join. While one rises in energy the other wanes. In a sexual union each would take their turn in reaching the summit.

The south node is perhaps electric, but probably best described as repulsive, yang, like the south pole. In the body it resides at the base of the perineum. Energy is drawn in through the crown and grounds us to earth. In mathematics the symbol corresponds to the Union. Here both circles are completely overlapped, sharing everything in common. This would be like a complete merging with another in sacred sex, reaching the summit together, intensifying the power.

When the transiting north node passes over the natal south node it teaches us how the serpent bites his own tail. During the last trimester of gestation the baby moves to the head down position and stays there in preparation for birth. During this time his north node is aligned with the mother's south pole. This is a pole reversal between too beings. During this time the greatest growth occurs. All of the body fat necessary to maintain his body temperature is acquired (adding about a pound per week in those last weeks) and all of the vital organs complete there maturing process, the lungs and liver being the most crucial notable changes.

I've heard and read that many believe the earth has gone through many pole reversals and at that the effect is like placing a tape near a magnet. The memory gets erased. This is how they explain the evolved knowledge that has disappeared, having to be regained. Perhaps, during fetal development this is when the memory of past lives disappears. It is also possible that when they reverse every 18 years or so, that this is a time we regain memory of skills or knowledge previously developed. It is also a time that thrusts you onto the right path if you've strayed, perhaps taking away previous desires.

I also read somewhere that the ideal planetary configuration has the nodes on the outside perimeter of the planets, thus containing them. I have a bowl chart with the nodes the outer rim so perhaps it is easier for me to see the effect of the reversals.

At my first opposition, I was thrust into puberty, being the only girl in the whole elementary school that NEEDED a bra.:eek: My south node is in Cancer, the sign of the breasts in the house of peers, the 11th. This was probably the first time I really felt like I was different than average or the norm. The north node drew energy into my south node and expanded them. The south node met my north node in the 5th, schools attended. Shortly after this my mom lost her job and we lost our home. Later she lost her children as her mother reported it and the courts took us away.

My second opposition occurred when I inherited supplies for oil painting when my husband's grandma died. I quickly picked up the skills producing quite nice paintings in a very short time, leading me to believe that this is a skill I already had developed and was "re-membering", thus, my belief that the north node on the south node can draw in past memory. I also sense that, while bringing in distant memory, more recent memory may be erased somewhat, actually, just moved from the conscious to the unconscious storage area. The purpose of this may be to shift our focus to the future rather than holding on to the past.

My last opposition (yes, exposing my age:eek:) occurred while I was carrying my 7th son. It was the transition from 1st to 2nd trimester. I clearly did not intend to have another child but the universe had other plans for me. This time sent me in the right direction. What is interesting is that he is more his dad’s child than mine. South node is in 11th which is the 5th of the 7th. All my other children were mine, more than their dad’s. I did everything for them other than bring home the paycheck for their food. This child, while only I could feed him at breast, is so much like his dad, right down all the cusp degrees. He is very attached to him and his dad does as much of the nurturing as I do. I suppose it could just be because this is a different husband, my other sons were with my first husband, but I don’t think that is all there is too it. He is so different. And he doesn’t have the normal attachment to mom that one would expect especially with his Cancer Sun. This must have accelerated his growth also since he decided to break out of his watery home 5 weeks early, probably due to an unbelievable amount of stress I was under in the workplace. I was getting comments about big breasts then too. Since that time I have been thrust, not only out of that job, but out of that field all together since some nerve problems are limiting the amount of forceful physical labor I can now do.

Hope this helps,
Connie

Profound treatise!!! So enlightening....Thanks!