Vertex conjunct South Node

fortisima

What does it mean if person's A vertex exactly conjunct person's B south node in synastry chart? I have found online that this indicate karmic relationship, but doesnt go into detail.
Also, I read interpretation that basically, what it means is that person A and person B haven't met each other at the right place and at the right time (conjunction with NN would be better). I found some ''Astro Investigators’ Marriage Synastry Research Project'' who sad that ''the Vertex-Nodal involvement appears to be significant with the conjunction and opposition''.

What do you think?

EJ53

Banned
fortisima said:
What does it mean if person's A vertex exactly conjunct person's B south node in synastry chart? I have found online that this indicate karmic relationship, but doesnt go into detail.
Also, I read interpretation that basically, what it means is that person A and person B haven't met each other at the right place and at the right time (conjunction with NN would be better). I found some ''Astro Investigators’ Marriage Synastry Research Project'' who sad that ''the Vertex-Nodal involvement appears to be significant with the conjunction and opposition''.

What do you think?

I don't have much knowledge of synastry. But, in natal charts, I use the vertex as an indicator of where fated events might happen to awaken the person to the meaning of the Nodes - and regard the South Node as being overemphasised behaviour traits carried over from the past/previous life.

So, my synastry guess here would be that the relationship is fated - for the South Node person, who might have to change because their habitual behaviour becomes unacceptable/annoying to the partner (and threatens the relationship).

EJ:)

You are so right about that. I have my vertex at 2 degrees Aries and my boyfriends s/n is at 2 degrees Aries. The way he reacts to stressful surprises is loud and kind of explosive and it freaks me out... so, he's working on it cause I cant deal with it. It doesn't have to be directed at me to be unbearable. That aspect is also conjunct my 0 degree Libra ascendant Aries decendant

dhundhun

What do you think?

Both have Karmic link, the direction (sign) one want to work or one want to fill.

In a way, it should be good, being focused in one direction.

Claire19

I am not sure that Vertex opposing North Node and that is how we read it, is valid at all. THey are both points in a chart and although significant in their way, I dont know about contact with each other. I would say that it is separative and non enduring influence. There may have been contact in past lives but not really meant to be connected for long in this life....this is only my idea about it.

I really like EJs answer. I think points are powerful things. There are so many ways energy can effect us, not just typical planetary interactions. I believe that when points fall on each other in synastry it indicates people reacting or exploring or just perhaps exhibiting in some area of there life, depending on the point and its energy, the same frequency's. So it feels karmic but also helps to finely tune any horoscope predictions. It points out cause and effect in the areas that are being amplified by each others charts.

Claire19

You are so right about that. I have my vertex at 2 degrees Aries and my boyfriends s/n is at 2 degrees Aries. The way he reacts to stressful surprises is loud and kind of explosive and it freaks me out... so, he's working on it cause I cant deal with it. It doesn't have to be directed at me to be unbearable. That aspect is also conjunct my 0 degree Libra ascendant Aries decendant
His explosiveness comes from other sources. The north node is what we need to look at for this lifetime. The Vertex does not have any character or personality properties in the way that planets do. It is usually that someone born around 24th March in your case, may be significant. They dont always stay around but as it is connected to your 7th of partners, long term friends and legalities there may be someone in that area.

His North node in 2 degrees Libra is on your ascendant and that is meaningful but only when supported by other aspects in the chart.

Vagabondgirl

Vertex is said to be a secondary descendant or something like that. This point is like an angular point that becomes activated during transit/progression/solar arc when you meet some important other person.

Also if someone has planets or angles at this point they may be significant in your life. So I assume this goes for the NN also.

My ex had his Sun/Moon midpoint wide orb conjunct my Sun/moon midpoint and conjunct my vertex. But my Saturn was conjunct his SN!

And when I met him solar arc venus was conjunct my vertex:)

Last edited:
Yes, that point is very signifacant in our chart too. Our composite chart's, Venus, Mars, Jupiter conjunction is at 1 degree Leo making a trine and we got together when the sun was 3 degrees Ares and Mars was 1 degree Leo, saturn was at 1 degree Libra.

The reason I like EJ's answer is because it breaks down there independent meanings and relates them to each other and it works. My boyfriend has his moon conjunct mars conjunct Saturn in late leo. that's tough for him sometimes. It is not bothering my chart in any serious way, its in my 11th house and sextiles my mars. I believe that the behavior is not working at its best. SN in aries brings in the challenge of needing to find new expressive ways to resolve conflict. My vertex can make me keenly aware of this need. I think that this aspect and seemingly smaller aspects can help to see even deeper into charts and help you to work on an intuitive level when reading them.

Horus

What do you think?

It is. Any conjunction between angles is important in synastry so watch for the magnetic, gravity, nodal and electric (vertex/anti-vertex) axes to conjunct with each other or with planets. But the angles conjunction don't "energize" the points like a planets will in a conjuction, they just give information. In this case the South Lunar Node as the marker of past lives is touching the personal, fated hotspot. Think of it as a scheduled rendezvous between soulmates (of one variety or another) as per a pre-incarnation soul agreement to meet in this lifetime in order to resolve karma together.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

My Vertex is conjunct my own sun. Now Saturn is about to transit my Vertex (conjunction in libra). Wonder if anything will happen then?:)

My vertex is conjunct my decendant and when transiting saturn was conjunct my ascendent opposing vertex I had emergency surgery because a cyst burst on my ovary. I lost a tun of blood and a pregnancy and almost died. My natal mars, conjunct my MC squares the aspect close to exact. It actually took place back in late July when we had that huge grand cross, right on top of that aspect.:crying:

Vagabondgirl

My vertex is conjunct my decendant and when transiting saturn was conjunct my ascendent opposing vertex I had emergency surgery because a cyst burst on my ovary. I lost a tun of blood and a pregnancy and almost died. My natal mars, conjunct my MC squares the aspect close to exact. It actually took place back in late July when we had that huge grand cross, right on top of that aspect.:crying:

This happened to me too, except that it wasnt pregnancy related. Dont think I almost died, but I looked like a ghost for sure! Not sure about the transists.... got to check.

Claire19

Vertex is said to be a secondary descendant or something like that. This point is like an angular point that becomes activated during transit/progression/solar arc when you meet some important other person.

Also if someone has planets or angles at this point they may be significant in your life. So I assume this goes for the NN also.

My ex had his Sun/Moon midpoint wide orb conjunct my Sun/moon midpoint and conjunct my vertex. But my Saturn was conjunct his SN!

And when I met him solar arc venus was conjunct my vertex:)
I agree that Vertex is a point that can be triggered off by some fated encounter often with someone's Sun right on the point.
Wide orbs in synastry are not really valid if they are more than say 2-3 degrees.....Saturn conjunct SN is a fated effect from the past for sure.....if within orb.... The NN connections are conducive to progress this time around, again if they are tight. I am not sure about solar arc placements.... I dont really use them....

Last edited:

fushiafairy

With the south node contacts in synastry, some believe there is past life relationships or karma.
Do these contacts exist in life time marriages?
I have read where the person with the planets can hold down back the person with the south node. CAn a couple with south node contacts work through the karma and stay together?
Would they need north node contacts to give them something to work towards?
Would it be better to not have them at all?????

Horus

A planet conjunct the sn in synastry is also an opposition to the nn and that tension can stimulate movement and growth on what might have otherwise been a dormant place in one's natal -if natally there are no contacts with it. It's a good thing, imo!

"But the angles conjunction don't "energize" the points like a planets will in a conjuction, they just give information. In this case the South Lunar Node as the marker of past lives is touching the personal, fated hotspot. Think of it as a scheduled rendezvous between soulmates (of one variety or another) as per a pre-incarnation soul agreement to meet in this lifetime in order to resolve karma together."
I quoted this passage from one of the above replies since it caught my attention (as did this entire thread VCSN) regarding my own Solar Return for the coming year ahead 2012. Chart/s on my profile.

Chart stats ~
The main aspect I'm looking at regarding this thread is that my:
SR Pluto is conjunct SR Vertex and in turn conjunct my natal SN (quite precise). There is a 1st/7th natal and 5th/11th house SR overlay here.

In addition I would like to point out that my:
SR NN is exactly conjunct my natal Ascendent which in turn my SR SN is precisely conjunct my progressed Venus and natal Descendent by less than 1 degree (will become conjunct in October).
Also, My progressed Ascendent at 24 degrees Capricorn is exactly conjunct my natal Vertex axis...

At first, to me it sounded quite relational due to the numerous aspects. Like I was going to meet a romantic interest of karmic past (SR DC is also conjunct natal Saturn...), although Capricorn is highlighted here so perhaps this is more relational of a professional kind?

Any thoughts are appreciated!