7th House and Projection/Dangerous Relationships

belabismo

Hi everyone,

I am hoping I can receive some opinions on the concept of projection in relationships. This is somewhat of a two-parter question. I have seen it said that our 7th house planets are what we tend to have a blind spot in ourselves and so seek out these traits in others, hoping to connect with our traits that we have denied in ourselves. I myself have Venus and Mercury in the house (also Juno and Part of Fortune). My 7th cusp is Pisces but the planets above mentioned are all in Aries. So my first question is, does this mean I would deny in myself my wit, communicative tendencies and love/artistic expression? Does anyone vouch for this interpretation of the 7th house?

Second question is also relating to projection. To be frank, my taste in men scares me sometimes. My descendent is Pisces, Venus in Aries, Mars in Pisces/6th house, Eros in Aries/8th house, Moon in Scorpio Conjunct Pluto in 3rd if that helps. I tend to be attracted to artist/sensitive types often with emotional problems/addiction and sometimes an air of aggression. Is this just me projecting? Am I scared of the traits I deny in myself? Have I just not made my peace with these traits in myself? Or should I stay celibate my whole life? Lol.

Some other important aspects: Venus/Neptune Square (which scares me), Venus/Uranus Square, Venus/Saturn Sextile, Mars Trine Pluto, Mars Sextile Uranus and Neptune, Mars Opposite Ascendant

Thanks in advance. Attached is my chart if that helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.12.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 1.12.30 PM.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 46

katydid

"So my first question is, does this mean I would deny in myself my wit, communicative tendencies and love/artistic expression? Does anyone vouch for this interpretation of the 7th house?"

No, I wouldn't think you'd deny the positive attributes of wit, creativity, and self expression.

More likely that you might be in a bit of denial about your own tendencies towards aggression, or passive/aggressive traits or perhaps your own erratic or impulsive emotional reactions. ?

Lin

" I have seen it said that our 7th house planets are what we tend to have a blind spot in ourselves and so seek out these traits in others, hoping to connect with our traits that we have denied in ourselves."

Well, sort of.
However, your 7th house is ruled by Neptune. And you have Neptune Uranus square Venus in your 7th house. You are very drawn to the chaotic, mysterious, unbalanced, secretive energies in others. So yeah. Because Neptune is involved you will not see yourself and what you attract realistically. And this can be dangerous and unpredictable.

It is to be avoided.
You have moon and Saturn in poor aspect. I think you are attracted to some dynamics you saw in your family in your childhood.

Just want you to know: you can NEVER fix the past. You can only get as far away from it as possible.
LIN

Last edited:

Bad Moon rising

Account Closed
I thought the 7th might be more about the kind of person who would be suitable to carry our projections. For example, my 7th is Capricorn (no planets) with Saturn retrograde in 11th. So the kind of person suitable for me would be emotionally unavailable/ socially retarded (me). That way I could deny all these faults in myself and accuse my partner of being emotionally unavailable and a bit socially retarded. Makes sense to me😊

Last edited:

belabismo

"So my first question is, does this mean I would deny in myself my wit, communicative tendencies and love/artistic expression? Does anyone vouch for this interpretation of the 7th house?"

No, I wouldn't think you'd deny the positive attributes of wit, creativity, and self expression.

More likely that you might be in a bit of denial about your own tendencies towards aggression, or passive/aggressive traits or perhaps your own erratic or impulsive emotional reactions. ?

That makes a lot of sense. I think I can definitely be in denial of my tendency to be passive aggressive. Thanks for the help!

belabismo

" I have seen it said that our 7th house planets are what we tend to have a blind spot in ourselves and so seek out these traits in others, hoping to connect with our traits that we have denied in ourselves."

Well, sort of.
However, your 7th house is ruled by Neptune. And you have Neptune Uranus square Venus in your 7th house. You are very drawn to the chaotic, mysterious, unbalanced, secretive energies in others. So yeah. Because Neptune is involved you will not see yourself and what you attract realistically. And this can be dangerous and unpredictable.

It is to be avoided.
You have moon and Saturn in poor aspect. I think you are attracted to some dynamics you saw in your family in your childhood.

Just want you to know: you can NEVER fix the past. You can only get as far away from it as possible.
LIN

Lin, I think you it the nail on the head. I also never thought to think about the fact that my 7th house is ruled by Neptune. I definitely have some chaos and unbalanced folks in my family. Thank you for your advice, I think I really needed to hear it.

belabismo

I thought the 7th might be more about the kind of person who would be suitable to carry our projections. For example, my 7th is Capricorn (no planets) with Saturn retrograde in 11th. So the kind of person suitable for me would be emotionally unavailable/ socially retarded (me). That way I could deny all these faults in myself and accuse my partner of being emotionally unavailable and a bit socially retarded. Makes sense to me😊

I think this also makes a lot of sense. I get really frustrated at times with a friend of mine with her moon in the 12th for being unrealistic, daydreamy, and slow to action. I guess this is my Pisces decendant at work in this projection. With my Mars in Pisces I'm certainly similar to her in actuality.