Venus conjunct the South Node

Salme

Dear friends

I have a question how should I deal with the Venusian issues in my life? I have met two opposite oppinions on South Node conjunctions: 1) I should leave behind Venusian stuff like fashion, art, even maintaining good looks, etc. 2) I should on the contrary develop taste for fine things - this makes me more likely to meet and complete the relationship I lost somewhere in past lives.

I even did the past life regression with a very good practician, saw two visions where 1) someone is sitting and creating shiny crystalls which have some meaning (magic or technical thing) and then all of sudden he or she is attacked by someone who just wants to own that because it's shiny, not for it's real value 2) a cleric is sitting over huge book like Bible or Talmud, there are beautiful reflections of stained glass and sun spots everywhere around the room. then he is killed by a person who is a worker (someone simple and poorly dressed), who made those stained glass windows and now wants to steal the book - just to copy nice images from it in his work.

All that was funny but didn't help. All I meet when I do Venus (drawing, photography, some work in fashion biz, even just going out in a nice dress) -- is jealousy which I completely miss out, blind spot, and also making me extremely sad for the jealous person :( because of Aquarian energies that make me always share anything good with the community or friends, give helping and if needed. i don't exaggerate - i simply don't understand what does it mean - to want something from another person when there is plenty of everything everywhere - for everybody, literally just go make and create.

I can't throw Venusian energy away from my life completely because it is what helps to sell - no matter which skills. plus I really love whaty's going on in the world these days - quantum biology, clean enery revolution ahead. i really start my day reading some nice magazines like Nautilus or Quanta , MIT press. I love the beauty of the ideas. If I was not so hurt by my previous contacts with envy I would start publishing my own media about new science. but for the moment I am partly scared partly disgusted.

is my lesson not to get blinded myself by beauty of no matter what - flowers, ideas, future possibilities . or occasionally blind someone and provoke jealousy and crime. just a matter of the amount and attitude?

I am close to understanding (finally) this conjunction. But need a second, third :andy: oppinion. Does anyone have\ has come across a somewhat the same experience? Venus and it's tough opposite side? South Node conjunctions?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_v_l.23046.5278.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_v_l.23046.5278.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 58

UraSatVen1029

Dear friends

I have a question how should I deal with the Venusian issues in my life? I have met two opposite oppinions on South Node conjunctions: 1) I should leave behind Venusian stuff like fashion, art, even maintaining good looks, etc. 2) I should on the contrary develop taste for fine things - this makes me more likely to meet and complete the relationship I lost somewhere in past lives.

I even did the past life regression with a very good practician, saw two visions where 1) someone is sitting and creating shiny crystalls which have some meaning (magic or technical thing) and then all of sudden he or she is attacked by someone who just wants to own that because it's shiny, not for it's real value 2) a cleric is sitting over huge book like Bible or Talmud, there are beautiful reflections of stained glass and sun spots everywhere around the room. then he is killed by a person who is a worker (someone simple and poorly dressed), who made those stained glass windows and now wants to steal the book - just to copy nice images from it in his work.

All that was funny but didn't help. All I meet when I do Venus (drawing, photography, some work in fashion biz, even just going out in a nice dress) -- is jealousy which I completely miss out, blind spot, and also making me extremely sad for the jealous person :( because of Aquarian energies that make me always share anything good with the community or friends, give helping and if needed. i don't exaggerate - i simply don't understand what does it mean - to want something from another person when there is plenty of everything everywhere - for everybody, literally just go make and create.

I can't throw Venusian energy away from my life completely because it is what helps to sell - no matter which skills. plus I really love whaty's going on in the world these days - quantum biology, clean enery revolution ahead. i really start my day reading some nice magazines like Nautilus or Quanta , MIT press. I love the beauty of the ideas. If I was not so hurt by my previous contacts with envy I would start publishing my own media about new science. but for the moment I am partly scared partly disgusted.

is my lesson not to get blinded myself by beauty of no matter what - flowers, ideas, future possibilities . or occasionally blind someone and provoke jealousy and crime. just a matter of the amount and attitude?

I am close to understanding (finally) this conjunction. But need a second, third :andy: oppinion. Does anyone have\ has come across a somewhat the same experience? Venus and it's tough opposite side? South Node conjunctions?

We all have to learn how to BALANCE these nodes. We don't necessarily throw away our South Node qualities. You are born with it, and it is innate. Instead, cherish and develop those for the better. Try to attain the positive qualities of your South node and merge/use these qualities to move to your North Node. (This is what I've mostly read with a lot of research hehe) and I agree with it. I guess your analysis of your conjunction is quite correct, however don't just throw away your venusian qualities. There's nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you don't get stuck with the negative side of it, right?

I have Aqua South Node in the 2nd. My chart has a lot of uranian qualities so its a huge challenge for me to develop my Leonine qualities for sure. Like you, I always thought I should be throwing my Aquarian qualities away just to develop North Node but because I kept on researching and researching, I found that we should be able to balance these nodes. In a logical sense, I don't think I could ever throw away my Aquarian qualities because I was born very Aquarian as well. But, my urge to move to my North Node Leo is actually really strong and I have urges for that. Yet, it's still very hard and very daunting to do so. But I will someday.

I heard that having Venus conjunct North node is like a reward for having very good loving qualities in your past life so you are in this lifetime with that conjunction and will be rewarded with it. I'm not sure what it means for it to be on the South Node but I wouldn't consider it bad as well. In fact, Venus is a beneficial planet. So probably, because of your oast life times, you've already developed those venusian qualities, having inborn with them in this lifetime now.

You don't have to believe in the karma or reincarnation or past lives though. This is just my opinion for it :)

SailorPluto911

Hello Salme

I have this placement in my natal chart! My venus conjuncts my South Node in the 7th house.

I find the nodes very interesting and i am still trying to understand them myself. My nodes are in Sagittarius (north) and Gemini (south). I'm no astrologer but i can share with you my experience

I am very talented with my hands, (a gemini trait) and i love art, fashion/beauty, making/creating things. Naturally i took to pursue this for a time at school- i went to art college for 4 years. Now, while i love to express my creativity and make use of my craft skills, all that time i was there at college, i had a vague feeling of unhappiness. Like I wasn't doing anything worthwhile and wasn't 'progressing' in a sense.

So now I've decided to pursue a different career and gain knowledge in a new field, thats got nothing to do with art etc at all. I hope i am being lead more towards my north node path. I think one of the goals with a Sagittarius north node is to be in pursuit of higher learning. I still do bits of art in my spare time, but I'm going to keep it as a hobby and not make it my main focus in this lifetime.

Maybe look to the house placement your nodes are in and research abit about that too! i can certainly relate to the 1st house/7th house axis, the struggle to do things alone and be autonomous in contrast to staying in the comfort of groups and relying on others is challenging for me.

Having looked up what Venus conjunct south node means, apparently this represents incomplete karma regarding love.

Salme

Hello! Thank you for your reply. I will write to you in private because I really want to know the details. Actually I made a long path myself to the belief in general. Including the past lives meaning some sort of events/ experiences which gave the particular shapes to our souls. In that sense. Just came across the point where pure intelligence and being good at abstract speculations doesn't work any more. Which was sort of good buy to famous Aquarian aloofness )))

Looking forward to talking to you. Really interested in hearing some details!

Salme

Hello, SailorPluto911!

This is wonderful. I have seen this placement in my daughter's classmate's chart. She is still 14, but this sagittarian Venus already makes her so expansive. For ex she already started using makeup, her Mom wasn't happy, so she brought really huge professional makeup palette and colored everybody in the class, even some boys got it))) because she is also comparatively tall and strong.

I am coming close to getting this conjunction as a lesson of not being excessive even if you deal with something nice like pure beauty. Or maybe a soul with this placement just splashed too much color into this world once... And now the point is to specify the details, find the right focus.

I would also like to keep in touch with you if you don't mind. To know your ways and maybe share some points.

kaktuzz

Hi Salme,

I like the theory, in which South Node is connected with "reptilian brain/complex" (4F) ... and when we fall under pressure or we are pretty stressed, then we (instinctively) start to behave like those prehistoric reptiles. We feel danger everywhere, we feel death everywhere ... and so 4F arise: Fight / Feed / **** / Flee / ... for survive!.
It's something that can't be controlled by our logic, by our will or by our mind. It's similar to the case (mentioned in homeopathy), when we watch cute little dog, and anyway we start to tremble with fear as there would be dangerous old prehistoric sabertooth beast in front of us.

1) These "exaggerate overreactions" of South Node are inherited, we didn't have to learn them. We just act (feel) this way (most often in stressful situations).

2) North Node is on the contrary something, what should be learned with our will and with our efforts. We should "struggle" a little bit, to achieve these qualities and integrate them into our life.

3) And finaly, when we know how to "handle" these North Node qualities a little bit, we should use them to cultivate and calm down those exaggerate overreactions of South Node. And again ... and again ... and again :)

I guess, that your Venus+South Node in Aquarius is choosing the FLEE variant :) = Run away, or throw away all those venusian (exaggerate) qualities.
Maybe you could try to develop opposed Solar/Leo qualities even much more (question is how? :DD) and come back to the South Node with these qualities; and notice, it doesn't have to be always so ugly, so jealous, so envious...

===

My Venus is in conjuction with North Node (10th house) opposed to Neptune in conjunction with South Node (4th house).
I'm currently struggling with the opposite task :) - I'm trying to develop and integrate some venusian qualities ... and deal with the unclear haunting terrors of exaggerated Neptune through art, through creativity ... and so...

SailorPluto911

Hello, SailorPluto911!

This is wonderful. I have seen this placement in my daughter's classmate's chart. She is still 14, but this sagittarian Venus already makes her so expansive. For ex she already started using makeup, her Mom wasn't happy, so she brought really huge professional makeup palette and colored everybody in the class, even some boys got it))) because she is also comparatively tall and strong.

I am coming close to getting this conjunction as a lesson of not being excessive even if you deal with something nice like pure beauty. Or maybe a soul with this placement just splashed too much color into this world once... And now the point is to specify the details, find the right focus.

I would also like to keep in touch with you if you don't mind. To know your ways and maybe share some points.

Hey! Yes that's completely fine, feel free to PM me anytime you want to ask a question and I'll try my best to answer

Haha how funny that even the boys got a touch with the makeup 😂 Yes i think you have it right, to reign in our 'colourfulness' in this lifetime lol

Salme

Hey! Yes that's completely fine, feel free to PM me anytime you want to ask a question and I'll try my best to answer

Haha how funny that even the boys got a touch with the makeup 😂 Yes i think you have it right, to reign in our 'colourfulness' in this lifetime lol

Hi!
I have some trouble sending private messages - I don't see them in my sent folder.
I had a look at your chart in a post on career choices. I wonder if you have a portfolio or blog online? Would like to have a look. You have asc exactly on my Uranus (which seems by all means - transits and private contacts and best insights) the strongest point in my chart. Also all Marses in Virgo (opposing my Piscean Mars) gave the most fruintful collabs for both sides. So who knows if we work together some day?

But otherwise - regarding that placement of Venus (mine also hangs around the dsc when I relocate) - I also find teaching (in a wider sense inspiring others, being a sort of muse) the most natural way of dealing with it. Giving some space to other people's Venuses and be there for support I understand and specify my own self like in a mirror. And this is just a very delicate thing - not to invest too much, but only the right amount and always be sincere and aware if 1) I am honest with myself and really see beauty there 2) my point is taken right by the other party (they listen to my advice, appreciate it).

I fancy my own media on quantum biology & a startup on eco-bio design (like solar panels integrated into landscape, glowing bacteria instead of burning gas, urban farming exotic plants, etc) which will give me possibility to collaborate with researches and designers (fresh unusual Aquarian brains, also very humanitarian, doing something useful for the community in general), but also provide them with space and business opportunity. Hopefully that works out as soon as I stop thinking too much :)

Again, nice to meet you. And good luck in your ways too!

SailorPluto911

Hey, imagine if we did collab someday! How crazy! 😄
I have an instagram if you would like to check it out, it's not much, i just post some of my latest sketches and stuff on there just for fun, i don't take it too seriously

I have considered teaching art as a career, but for now I've decided to study psychology, with the end goal to maybe be an art therapist, that way im helping people and making use of my art skills. I just really feel the urge to help people somehow and i suppose doing that as a career would be fulfilling that need.

You sound like you have some really interesting ideas! My brain does not think about those things at all! We need people like you on the planet, to help further it along in a positive way. I see from your chart that you have the north node conjunct your Ascendent, I've heard that that gives you a strong sense of destiny. You are here for lots of soul development. Have you ever thought of going into business with yourself and not with others?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDApPDcO9h0

Here's a video Steve Judd done about the nodes, i don't agree on what he thinks about past lives and karma but it's interesting none the less

Yes it's lovely to chat to you too, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours :)

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
It sounds like you already have a taste for fine things. So, obviously, it's not something you can leave behind.

If you want to get a past life story out of your south node, you have a lot to create one from--a planet on the south node, Moon square, two sign rulers to look at, and several aspects involving one or the other of them--but curiously, there's only one hint that you might've been a victim of violence, and it's pretty subtle. Mars squares Uranus, close orb but out of sign. A square or opposition from Mars to the south node or its ruler might indicate having been a victim of violence, up to (but not necessarily) being murdered.

I think there's something else these visions are telling you. To get it out of the south node, though, it helps to use a different interpretation than the "south node is your past life" one:

The north and south node can also be read as what energies are magnified in your life and what energies are diminished. The north node is the dragon's head (Rahu in Hindu mythology): it eats whatever is near it. It's greedy, wants more, more, more. If there's a planet near your north node, natally or by transit, its energy is very strong in your life, very clearly manifesting, because that's what you always want more, more more of.

The south node is the dragon's tail (Ketu). It poops everything out. South node is where things fade away. Planets conjunct the south node are considered to manifest more weakly, to be places where your energy leaks out.

Make of that whatever you will. I'm still trying to figure it out myself (I initially learned the past life version of interpreting south node, and I'm trying to figure out how they fit together). But here's what I see going on: Venusian things are extremely important to you, but you keep perceiving that people want to take them from you. Whether it's your past life regression vision of being killed for something you created, or this:

All I meet when I do Venus (drawing, photography, some work in fashion biz, even just going out in a nice dress) -- is jealousy which I completely miss out, blind spot, and also making me extremely sad for the jealous person :( because of Aquarian energies that make me always share anything good with the community or friends, give helping and if needed. i don't exaggerate - i simply don't understand what does it mean - to want something from another person when there is plenty of everything everywhere - for everybody, literally just go make and create.
I don't think it's your Aquarian energy that makes you want to share everything, or at least not that alone. Because Aquarius is where your south node is, Aquarius represents what kind of energy you want to share. Venus, being at your south node, also represents what you have to give. Since Venus is in your sixth house, it is, in fact, very important that you give Venus to the world, because whatever is in your sixth house represents what you have that you can use to serve society.

But because you have that south node energy leak there, it's very hard for you to hold Venusian/Aquarian energy for yourself. It's like a leaky faucet that leaks more water every time you turn it on. You have to turn it on to get what you need, but every time you do, you lose more than you can spare.

Your north node placement is a counterbalance to it. More Leo = more self. More about you instead of more about society. Near the ascendant adds to that self message, and the north node being in your twelfth house suggests letting go of social expectations and obligations. You can enjoy beauty all you want, but that doesn't mean you have to share with anyone who would take a mile when you give an inch.

I don't think you're at any risk of being blinded by beauty. Rather, what you risk is giving too much away. Not just of beautiful things, but of your own energies and your own self. Your north node journey may be about learning to be selfish more than anything else.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi!
I have some trouble sending private messages - I don't see them in my sent folder.

Private messages don't copy to your sent folder unless you've selected that option. You can do it individually, for each message as you send it, or you can go into your private messaging settings (they appear in the lefthand sidebar when you're in your private messaging or user control panel) and select is as the default.

CapAquaPis

Salme, my Sun/Moon in Aquarius conjuncts south node (my true node is 29' Leo) while my Venus (7' Aries) conjuncts Midheaven-3' Aries. It appears your Venus alignment determines your character very well. You should enjoy your hobbies, interests and passions in your life.

Salme

Dear Osamenor,

thank you very much for your insights! I just got the right twist from you ))) The point is probably the Moon squaring Venus. The way I am having it with my kids - Venus being sort of nice package, wrapping - into clean stylish clothes, politeness, rules (rather Libra) -- Moon is having plenty of food fresh air running in the wild. Venus would insist they should necessarily wash their hands to look neat, Moon knows somewhere on subconcious level that it's ok to swallow some dirt from time to time - to get the healthier immune response... I think I mastered those energies, but the main conflict always came from feminine figures - when I am Venus they relax and do Moon, when I relax they start giving cultural pressure.

As for memories of some violence from past life I would say I don't feel guilty or threatened much. The feeling was that I was a magician\ scientist who had sort of created by some negligence a negative field or something which had ruined lives and creations of other people - like a wind blowing through spacetime. Or probably an armed forces authority who could have stopped the violence. That sort of attitude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299knTdX-Wo

My psychic says it could be some strong thread from Atlantis or other technogenic civilization. I don't know maybe that's right 'cause I always had unusual insights - understanding something without spending time or effort on learing. Like studying languages - I have learnt English, French and Japanese just to discover that i grab easily and quicky the semantic core of any system. I really understand difficult concepts from quantum machinery, though I don't have such education. It definitely comes from other source.

Plus ever since I was a child I would suddenly become huge. Not like Donald Trump :sideways: but as a scyscrapper or a mountain. Just looking at some huge formation I suddenly feel I am redesigning or rebuilding it's walls like an architect or sitting on top of a mountain - feeling breeze and all the smells coming from the wood or small village there. The feeling of hugeness and power to form (or ruin) very big objects.

I have a memory from some early childhood which comes back persistently. I took my grand father's glasses to have a closer look at a bug and occasionally smashed it because the lens was more convex, curving out then I expected:crying: I still remember that khggghhhh sound. Also the mixed feeling of normal human pity for a living thing and somewhat aloof regret i have destroyed a nice sample for my studies.

I suspect my prominent Moon just teaches me now to value life. I probably have some past life memory of how to create a technology which is beautiful and clever, but should be handled with care. Unless I have the fullest respect to smaller life forms I wan't unpack it from my mind. Or maybe it's the idea of bringing more feminine caring energies into some tecnology which can be otherwise misused.

All this is :uranus: But unless I learn to listen to it I won't move to leonine confidence. When an "assemblage point" is so labile - the person should be very confident in his\her paths. better to be labelled as a "Famous professor, scientist, artist". Otherwise it's just getting regarded as unclever eccentricity.

Thank you very much for your kind attention. Got it much clearer with the leaking water metaphor :love:

Attachments

• 9db9415c929bced2326369c14e557b8f.jpg
    9db9415c929bced2326369c14e557b8f.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Salme

SailorPluto!

I really like your drawings! There is such wonderful Virgo Mars (detail). Nice! Good luck with it. I have added you as ecologysochi on instagram.

Last edited:

SailorPluto911

SailorPluto!

I really like your drawings! There is such wonderful Virgo Mars (detail). Nice! Good luck with it. I have added you as ecologysochi on instagram.

Hey Thanks so much! Love when people see things about my work that I wouldn't think was there. Gave you a follow back! :)

Lindsay

Hi SailorPluto: I was excited to read your post as I have some similarities to you. I am also Sag Asc conjunct NNode and Venus Gemini conjunct SNode.
As I grew up I had such a longing to do visual art, or maybe dance (indescisive gemini) but classes were very rare. Instead I spent a lot of time in nature. Into my early 20s and confused about what to do, still longing to do art but unsure my journey led me into a succession of spiritual experiences and organic gardening. Eventually went into massage therapy (suits the cancer-picies in my chart). Now I am bringing movement and dance w coaching ao people understand there movement patterns. I feel this twins the love of movement (venus gemini s node) w meaning and psychology (asc conjunct n node in sag).
Take care!

.QUOTE=SailorPluto911;803703]Hello Salme

I have this placement in my natal chart! My venus conjuncts my South Node in the 7th house.

I find the nodes very interesting and i am still trying to understand them myself. My nodes are in Sagittarius (north) and Gemini (south). I'm no astrologer but i can share with you my experience

I am very talented with my hands, (a gemini trait) and i love art, fashion/beauty, making/creating things. Naturally i took to pursue this for a time at school- i went to art college for 4 years. Now, while i love to express my creativity and make use of my craft skills, all that time i was there at college, i had a vague feeling of unhappiness. Like I wasn't doing anything worthwhile and wasn't 'progressing' in a sense.

So now I've decided to pursue a different career and gain knowledge in a new field, thats got nothing to do with art etc at all. I hope i am being lead more towards my north node path. I think one of the goals with a Sagittarius north node is to be in pursuit of higher learning. I still do bits of art in my spare time, but I'm going to keep it as a hobby and not make it my main focus in this lifetime.

Maybe look to the house placement your nodes are in and research abit about that too! i can certainly relate to the 1st house/7th house axis, the struggle to do things alone and be autonomous in contrast to staying in the comfort of groups and relying on others is challenging for me.

Having looked up what Venus conjunct south node means, apparently this represents incomplete karma regarding love.[/QUOTE]

SailorPluto911

Hi SailorPluto: I was excited to read your post as I have some similarities to you. I am also Sag Asc conjunct NNode and Venus Gemini conjunct SNode.
As I grew up I had such a longing to do visual art, or maybe dance (indescisive gemini) but classes were very rare. Instead I spent a lot of time in nature. Into my early 20s and confused about what to do, still longing to do art but unsure my journey led me into a succession of spiritual experiences and organic gardening. Eventually went into massage therapy (suits the cancer-picies in my chart). Now I am bringing movement and dance w coaching ao people understand there movement patterns. I feel this twins the love of movement (venus gemini s node) w meaning and psychology (asc conjunct n node in sag).
Take care!

Hi Lindsay!

How interesting! You’ll not believe but i have always had massage therapy in my mind as an interest to pursue at some stage in life, it sounds like a great fit for you! What a great way to bring the two nodes together, i am always conscious of trying to be on the right path and balance the nodes

all the best with your endeavors, thanks for your message! 😊
~Sailor Pluto