planets in 12th house synastry

DeLaSoul

I'm now in a relationship with someone who's Aries DC/Mars falls in my 12th house.. My 5th on their 12th.

All his angles are in my cadent houses.

He seems like the right person honestly like the one I've been waiting for , he doesn't keep me in the dark about anything it seems... but naturally, I have my doubts as usual and kinda scared that he will cheat or keep things from me...

but he seems pretty dedicated and loyal so idk. Also I notice transit Saturn is opposing his DC ruler right now, wondering if this is good for starting a long term relationship?

Just the DC in my 12th synastry kinda scares me.

Starry~*

I love this thread and I wanted to share some of my 12th house synastry with my current bf to see what you guys think..

I have my venus, pluto, mercury in his 12th house. He has his own sun, saturn, mercury and pluto in his 12th house.

His sun, saturn, mercury fall in my 1st house and his pluto falls in my 12th house along with my own natal sun.

We have my sun conjunct his pluto / his pluto conjunct my sun in synastry (its a pretty wide orb but I do feel it..with the obsessiveness, etc.)

We also have Saturn conj Venus DW in synastry. His Sun conjuncts my Venus (tight orb) and his pluto sits DANGEROUSLY tight on my ascendant. My sun is opposed his moon (< 1 deg)

In composite, we have sun conjunct pluto..dead on. We also have Venus-Mars-Saturn stellium in 1st House Scorpio squaring Jupiter. (sigh)

We met and fell FAST and HARD. Right when we first started talking it was an INSTANT like that couldn't wait until we settled our first date together. I don't know if this is fated or classified as "Love at first sight" - I'm not the type of person to believe in that...ever. But now, I really don't know. Before with all my ex-bfs I would get to know them pretty well before I liked them, but with this guy I knew 0 things about him and knew before we even started talking that I will like this guy. He is a normal looking guy...and to be honest, I've dated much more better looking guys.

I'm obsessed with him. I think about him literally 24/7 (it is now 6 months into the relationship)...I even DREAM alot more about him...and it's scaring me. I was NEVER like this with any guy!!! What's even more scary is that when I'm around him I feel exposed (Guess his scorpion eyes can really make one feel naked!!) and I do whatever it takes to cover up my nakened-ness around him...I'm SUPER afraid of being hurt in a relationship...I'm a Libra sun with a Scorpio Venus...relationships mean the world to me and I will love passionately in depth.

He is an emotionally suppressed person. He has a VERY hard time communicating what he feels and his emotions. He has a hard time figuring out what he wants...being indecisive at times. I am sure he is conflicted inside and he has his own demons to face, as I do. Due to his emotion-less surface, I get hurt because I feel at times he doesn't care...but then when I'm sulking in that idea of him, he would tell me that he loves me. He would wipe away my tears when I cry in bed. He would listen to me exposing my own demons with my family. He would make me dinner, he would help me out to the best of his abilities at work/my career in life. Sometimes there is that feeling that runs telepathically through us...even a hug can tell me something about him..a kiss, a touch of the hand, a look into each other's eyes, etc.

When we have our issues, we are both quiet. I agree, we have communication problems...but I am quiet because I don't wanna scare him off. He is an extremely independent person, and I can be an emotionally dependent person in a relationship...and I really DON'T want to be..it's not really me..

I don't know what this guy is doing to me (obviously he's not doing anything to me physically or directly...just subconsciously). I've been on an emotional rollercoaster. At times when I think of him I am super happy and loved, but other times I feel sad, I cry, I'm emo, or I might even be angry thinking that he might be deceiving me. His displays of independence is somewhat of a threat to me but I know I can't be smothering...what's going on with me?? I don't know if this is for good or for bad but I find myself changing...in this relationship, and it's ground-shaking!!

I can't believe I can be such an impulsive person! I would've never imagined. He is really good at hiding his emotions and being a "Man" and therefore he wouldn't let any of these reciprocated feelings leak out..but sometimes they do. As for his obsessive traits I've noticed...he knows my smell. He says sometimes when he comes home and walks up to the door, he can smell me before he even sees me and knows I'm there. He also said that when I leave, my smell lingers, as if I was still there. He says Mondays, tuesdays and sometimes wednesdays he can still smell me in his house. Thursdays and fridays the smell would have faded away. FYI - I go over and stay at his place on weekends. Almost EVERY weekend.

WOW I just realized everything I've typed and this all sounds REALLY MESSED UP!!!! LOL!!! For people reading, PLEASE know I do not mean to scare anyone and that we are both mentally healthy.

ROFL...I really do blame the strong pluto!!!!!

Last edited:

msahadeo

Looking at a chart now...His Sun,Venus and Mercury are in her 12th house.. ...
I think she is in for the illusion of her life.Maybe a sweet talker ?? What do you guys think??

Last edited:

Sany

As a 12th house person, with his Sun and Mercury in there, I have to say that I was the one who didn't trust him. From the second we met I had doubts about his intentions, I thought every word he said was a lie and everything he was showing was fake. Literally I thought he was making fun of me with just saying hello. :D I was wrong. I know that now, but I didn't knew then. And with my defence mechanisms I provoked his Moon in 8th square Pluto so he became terribly suspicious of me also. There are so many misunderstandings between us which seem impossible to resolve. It's like everything I say is being interpreted in a wrong (bad) way. I am crazy about this person but I think he has no clue about it. Actually, he probably thinks I don't like him too much. Interesting part is that his Mercury in my 12th is actually his 12th house ruler that makes exact opposition to my Venus which is my 12th house ruler. His Mercury also makes a conjunction to my NN in my 12th and trine to my Moon, and his Sun in my 12th is in opposition to my Sun and Saturn. My Venus makes square to his NN.

There are many interesting aspects between our charts that confirm strong feelings and chemistry that I believe we both feel when we are near each other, but I'm still not sure about anything when it comes to this guy. I'm still not sure about his emotions and I'm even starting to doubt astrology. We had a strong encounter and few intense moments together but very soon misunderstandings between us started to separate us and now It seems very hard to go back to that warm magic we had in the begining. Ofcourse, I didn't think it was magical back then while it was happening, I was full of worries and doubts, and I even wanted to get away from it (but he was too persistent). Now, when i remember it, it seems perfect and I want it back.

d00dle

speakin of imaginary girlfriend (or boyfriend), i met this girl whose mars and pluto fall in my 12th...talkin about a complete obsession. it took me over a decade to get over her (she was like a drug). we like each others, i know far a fact, but we're never boyfriend and girlfriend, and we never talk. what really strange is that we kept runnin into each others (saw her again a week ago)...could create that we were meant for each others illusion in my own mind, but really it's just a coincidence. it took a long time to come to senses that it's just my own imagination. i was never in love with her, but i was in love with love. I also have my venus square her neptune (beware).

recently, i'm developing a crush on this girl @work (again) with her mars and pluto in my 12th. I almost fainted everytime when i'm close to her (find her physically very attractive). she has a boyfriend :( i have venus square her neptune...i'll just have to be very cautious this time around.

Claire19

I had a guy thats Sun,Merc,Mars and SN were all in my 12th... BOY did I fall hard... I have never been hit so hard in my life.. It didnt make sense though... I had a hard time understanding why I feel so hard...

Lots of confusion with us... He was really paranoid about me.. Which WAS unjust... I couldnt believe some of the things he thought about me.. I was in a total shock..
He always thought the worst of me.. Never giving me a chance to explain or giving me the benifit of the doubt... Because he jus "knew" he was right...

BUT we had a hard time severing the tie... We are still in contact with each other, even though I keep saying I dont want to talk to you anymore.. I would take off from him for months.. but then we would just start talking again...
Its defintely a Karmic thing...

Another thing... I really really really had to dig deep inside my self and figure out what and why I was feeling what I was feeling... It was very confusing for me, and sent me into an emotional spirial..

Its not easy to have some one activate your 12th... It take me around 6 months before I could even talk to him, with out freaking out... He effected every part of my entire being... He just seemed to some how dig deep into me... (with out him knowing) The questions he would ask... Just questions that he wouldnt realize that the answers would be so hard for me to answer... I would freak out.. Refuse to answer and take off running...
But I also felt as if I HAD to have him.. LIke I needed him.. That he was a soul saver...
Very confusing... Very hard to explain..
I agree the 12th house deals with karmic matters from the past.
It can be a heavy house and it deals with our neuroses and weaknesses and we can feel vulnerable when others have contacts there.

Claire19

speakin of imaginary girlfriend (or boyfriend), i met this girl whose mars and pluto fall in my 12th...talkin about a complete obsession. it took me over a decade to get over her (she was like a drug). we like each others, i know far a fact, but we're never boyfriend and girlfriend, and we never talk. what really strange is that we kept runnin into each others (saw her again a week ago)...could create that we were meant for each others illusion in my own mind, but really it's just a coincidence. it took a long time to come to senses that it's just my own imagination. i was never in love with her, but i was in love with love. I also have my venus square her neptune (beware).

recently, i'm developing a crush on this girl @work (again) with her mars and pluto in my 12th. I almost fainted everytime when i'm close to her (find her physically very attractive). she has a boyfriend :( i have venus square her neptune...i'll just have to be very cautious this time around.
Again Neptune square Venus means unrequited, fantasy love, illusionary and disappointing. So you know the deal. You have to ask yourself why you are drawn to those you cant have.

Claire19

I'm the house person- my guys sun, uranus & neptune fall in my 12th.
It's not unusual for me to meet people with their outer planets in my 12th.

Before i met this particular fellow, i was an open book & a loud mouth. hmmm....but now, i don't let a negative comment about our relationship slip out. People usually think he's Mr. innocent & perfect. :innocent: I feel so secretive about everything...in the beginning, i would have to tell(detailed description) atleast one person which he never liked......sheesh.....:annoyed:

It's our 4th month going on but i don't really trust him. I don't think it's his planets in my 12th. It's just my 8H virgo moon & people around. It's really difficult to find people, mostly guys, who are genuinely interested in love. most of them want only money and sex. Moreover, I caught him cheating on me once so..............:annoyed:

Not really. My saturn conjuncts his venus and it isn't bad.

Most interpretations show the saturn person as cold & harsh & i don't think i treat him bad. A lot depends on individual charts as well.

A person who has venus/saturn natally may fit the above description. My venus is in saggie conjunct sun & mercury. So i'm no where near cold & harsh. I express my feelings verbally, through gifts, messages, notes & i like being creative & original. :love:

I had MANY saturn aspects with my ex including my venus sextile his saturn. Saturn is supposed to exhibit stability & maturity with this aspect neither of which he did. He has moon opp venus & both square uranus.
Venus with Saturn even a sextile can be hard. It just means you deal with the karmic issues and particularly finances, better. Saturn comes across to the Venus person as responsible, mature and perhaps keeps things real. You may be the older one if you are Saturn. You have to look at the whole chart and not just one or two aspects.
If your partner has Moon opposing Venus and squaring Uranus natally he is going to have love problems anyway and instability with emotions and the domestic sphere. Our synastry can only be as good as the individuals involved and their issues. What he needs is not what he loves and hard to find the two together.

Claire19

I think 12th house and SN/NN contacts are karmic... Also look at vertex.

I have also read anytime an outer planet conjuncts someones personal planets its Karmic.. Also H5 is hidden Karma..

In my case everything is karmic... lol :whistling:

You can feel if your chart is watery or fiery... Ie.. water is going with your feelings instincts more emotional .. Fire doesnt think, it just acts, goes into action..
Its too watery for me to handle... (see all my fire) I'm not comfortable with all the feeling.. I would rather just do something about it... But Im not gonna bc I dont feel I should (hint watery composite) So then I do what I do best, and I take off and disappear.. :whistling: But im starting to figure NOW.. thats not going to work anyways... Since we boh have pisces/ and strong uranus.. it just doesnt bother the other person.. IDK we care/ but know we will talk again... So we just keep going back and fourth.. yuck!
I also know he will always be apart of my life... Its just the way it is...
The outer planet person is always going to be the most powerful and has the most influence. The 5th house is not hidden karma. The 12th is karma hidden or not. Okay if you have Saturn in the 5th that may be karmic and from the past. It shows what needs to be worked out and it may keep bringing you together to pay a karmic debt or earn a karmic credit. It is all largely unconscious.

I have my Saturn in Leo exactly on a guy's Venus in Leo and I am much older than he and that causes problems for me. However I find it hard to let go of him but know it wouldnt work. He doesnt see the problems really but that may be because he is less mature.

AquaAqua

This is tricky and painful for both parties. (house and planet)

-The 12th house person will always doubt of your intentions and everything you say to them. (Depending on the planet that falls there) The planet person is totally confused, and the 12th house person is more intuitive about the true feelings of the planet person. the 12th house rules dreams "neptune" and the planet that falls there is a disguise.

-the planet that falls in someone's 12th house, tend to disappear (only if it not conjuncts the ascendant)... I mean that if your Venus falls in someone's 12th, you will feel that you love that person... but it is only an illusion that will disappear as time passes.

eg.1 If your Venus falls in someone's 12th house (for more obvious that are your expressions to them) the 12th house person will always know that there is a part of you that they cant reach (that's why the 12th house person will be intrigued with the planet person for a long time)

eg.2 If you say "I love you" to the 12th house person, the house person will not be convinced at all, and will not feel that you truthfully love (him/her), because they are more intuitive... and you are confused (in spite you don't feel like you are confused).

-The same as if the 12th house person loves the planet person, and the planet person doesn't love the 12th house, the 12th house person will also be intrigued with the planet person.

-If your Venus fall in someone's 12th house, and you feel you love the 12th house person, it is possible that you will open your eyes some day, and know that you were totally confused.

Finally is more painful for the 12th house person, if (he/her) love's the planet person.

(I am only focusing on that aspect) We have to see all synastry and composite to know if the intentions planet person that falls in other's 12th house are true.

This is very true and accurate. I am currently 'somewhat' involved with someone whose moon falls in my 12th house (not sure of the bithtime so i am not aware if it is conjunct my ascendant or not but its close) and she herself admitted to me when we first started talking that 'i confuse her'. To me it was plainly evident that she was a confused individual trying to live a lie and the fact that i could see right through her was what resulted in us going out for the first time. Even when i kissed her she was shocked that she could not stop me!:smile: Some of her shocked/bewildered responses when we started speaking.

'I keep my guard, but it doesn't work with you!'
'How do you know so much?'

Though my self doubt/neediness and attraction towards her (her Sun is conjunct my Desc and her mars is conjunct my venus and southnode) did resulted in me giving away my clarity (and power over her) and her succeding in lying to me/manipulate me a few times.

Someone wrote this on another forum regarding moon in the 12th house synastry. I agree to it completely - >

I have had quite a few moons fall in my 12th, and it is very, very psychic. I feel like everything they do, they say, think--I see behind it. I feel it is uncomfortable, as I am always unearthing things, know when they are about to say things (what they are about to say). The sense of 'where do my/your thoughts/feelings begin and where do mine/they end.' The element of distrust comes in the fact that these relationships...I feel like they are always either 'needing' something or trying to get something (aren't we all, in relationships though?). Until I know what it is, I never know how to fully let them in, almost always like there is 'something' I'm not getting. It is weird.

I think it also points towards insecure people. This girl certainly is.

Last edited:

ros3lani

This is tricky and painful for both parties. (house and planet)

eg.1 If your Venus falls in someone's 12th house (for more obvious that are your expressions to them) the 12th house person will always know that there is a part of you that they cant reach (that's why the 12th house person will be intrigued with the planet person for a long time)

eg.2 If you say "I love you" to the 12th house person, the house person will not be convinced at all, and will not feel that you truthfully love (him/her), because they are more intuitive... and you are confused (in spite you don't feel like you are confused).

-The same as if the 12th house person loves the planet person, and the planet person doesn't love the 12th house, the 12th house person will also be intrigued with the planet person.

-If your Venus fall in someone's 12th house, and you feel you love the 12th house person, it is possible that you will open your eyes some day, and know that you were totally confused.

Hello there

I know that this thread hasnt active more than a year ago. but I'm lurking around and come to this thread.

Currently I have a so called partner, Ithink it is karmic..
I have my venus and moon in his 12th house...
and, well, I do feel love him.
And..Its bit, umm, to read above description.

I guess it is somewhat true? but in other side, I hope its only 000,1% to be considered. haha..

But in the other side again, I sometimes think this relationship shouldnt happen. Wide age gap...oh my. ****. ahaha.

I guess, my NN aqua in 8th make me attracted/attracting someone 'unique' it'd weird to have relationship with in the eye of society...

dunno lah. still and will always adore him though :)

Abby83

I just stumbled across this thread because I'm going through similar things again which are all related to the 12th house synastry.

In 2003 I had a difficult time with a man who had his moon conjunct pluto conjunct my sun in the 12th house. Now, I have met another man who has his moon in my 12th house conjunct my Saturn. Yet the reaction to them both are identical. My reaction being -

"What the hell do you want from me?!" Aggression intended. I was so sick of the tiptoing and need to be around me without actually taking action and verbalising anything. At the end, with both these ppl I just had to be direct and ask them what they wanted. Being logical about it always helped. Being stuck in fantasy mode is the worst thing for it. It makes you spiral more into nowhere. I swear, both of these men behaved as if I was some kind of mother divine goddess. Overdoing their fantasy of me without realising I'm just a normal human being. They both said they loved how nurturing I was blah blah but I don't want to mother them.

I agree that deceit is part of it. Both of them were with someone, and secretly wanted to have an affair with me, but kept a lot of information hidden from me. In both cases I was lucky enough for information to come
to me naturally either from other sources or by accident, and I knew they were deceptive. If I didn't find out their secrets, then I could have been into a lot of trouble. And the worst thing was that they both are the types of guys who wud pretend that it's all in your head and say you're a liar.

Maybe I'm lucky I have pluto in the 12th because it makes me the secret investigator.

MJ82

I know this is an old thread but I'm a little confused by some of the interpretations above: my basic understanding (and experience) of house overlays in synastry is that it is the HOUSE person who feels the overlay.

I currently have synastry with someone where 4 of my planets fall into their 12th house (4 of theirs fall into my 8th) and while my own 8th house stellium feels strongly activated by this (deep feelings, intensity, attraction to them), I feel as if they are very evasive with me (they also have a natal 12th house emphasis themselves).

Things are frustratingly indirect between us but largely because I think there is such nebulous sensitivity toward one another.

But again - my understanding is that the house person in the overlay is activated in the style and matters of that house, not so much the other way round.

Thoughts?

Abby83

I know this is an old thread but I'm a little confused by some of the interpretations above: my basic understanding (and experience) of house overlays in synastry is that it is the HOUSE person who feels the overlay.

I currently have synastry with someone where 4 of my planets fall into their 12th house (4 of theirs fall into my 8th) and while my own 8th house stellium feels strongly activated by this (deep feelings, intensity, attraction to them), I feel as if they are very evasive with me (they also have a natal 12th house emphasis themselves).

Things are frustratingly indirect between us but largely because I think there is such nebulous sensitivity toward one another.

But again - my understanding is that the house person in the overlay is activated in the style and matters of that house, not so much the other way round.

Thoughts?

Just so I understand what you are saying correctly. Are you saying that the 12th house feels all the 12th house matters and the planet person doesn't? Um, not so sure about that. At least for me, I know that guy from 2003 knew what he did was wrong and tried to deceive me despite hiding it. I recently received an email from him apologising for being the douche that he was. So he very well knew. So my 12th house gut instincts of not to trust him were right. I think the planet person is crossing into a difficult zone. But that's my opinion anyway. Maybe in your situation, your partner can see a reason to not trust you before you realise it yourself?

Dubyadude1986

We have Neptune / Moon conjunct exact to the degree in this 12th house in our composite in Sag. Sometimes I just think it depends on what is there...

MJ82

Just so I understand what you are saying correctly. Are you saying that the 12th house feels all the 12th house matters and the planet person doesn't? Um, not so sure about that. At least for me, I know that guy from 2003 knew what he did was wrong and tried to deceive me despite hiding it. I recently received an email from him apologising for being the douche that he was. So he very well knew. So my 12th house gut instincts of not to trust him were right. I think the planet person is crossing into a difficult zone. But that's my opinion anyway. Maybe in your situation, your partner can see a reason to not trust you before you realise it yourself?

I should have been clearer - I can see how the planet person in house overlays can become aware of how they impact the house person and can either take advantage or be protective of what they discover (especially in water house overlays), but it was just a general comment that my understanding is that the house person is more affected in that area of life I.e someone heavily overlaying my 8th house is going to have a profound emotional, psychological and even sexual impact on me. They as the planet person may easily become aware of this and decide to toy with me, certainly - but it is me as the house person who feels the 8th house activation.

Likewise, if I hit someone's 12th house I may become aware (as I have in the current example I gave) of my ability to see the other's blind spots and "weaknesses" so to speak - if I'm an ******* I can choose to manipulate or deceive them, but the feeling - positive or negative - of either spiritual bonding or on the bad side, unease, fogginess or evasiveness (in my opinion at least) is felt by the house person, in the same way the 8th house person feels stimulated.

I know there can be a two way dynamic but they are different I feel from one side to the other.

MJ82

It's just some of the descriptions here almost flip the meaning of house overlays whereby a planet in someone's 12th house supposedly means that the house person can see through the planet person's soul etc.

At least in my own experience and reading others (as an 8th houser in my natal at least) I can say when someone hits my own 8th house, I am definitely probed by them and psychologically naked before them and they can see my complexes, desires etc not so much (necessarily) the other way around.

anaiis

If the sun is in someone's 12th house and in conjunction with ascendent - 8 degrees, is the orb is too big?

Again Neptune square Venus means unrequited, fantasy love, illusionary and disappointing. So you know the deal. You have to ask yourself why you are drawn to those you cant have.

For Venus person? What about Neptun person?