interpretation help - step by step

decewe

hi
I am trying to interpret step by step my chart and some other charts.
Could you tell me how to match houses with signs. I have a problem especially with house 8 and 12.
Could you tell me how to interpret sun in house 12 in leo, moon in cancer in house 11 and in house 8?
How to blend the meanings?
Is house 12 similar to pieces and house 8 similar to scorpio? How is it? I really feel lost...

Psiber_Space

Blending is a problem that I suffer from as well. All I can say is read planet in house, think about it, hold that meaning in your head while you read planet in sign. You can even read sign first, and then house. You just have to use your imagination to combine them together. The imagination is the route through which inspiration, intuition, insight, etc. all come through.

Solar Leo in 12th: The Sun is in its own sign. That shows expression of ego, self-confidence, the showman. The Sun is in the Neptune house. That shows introversion, interest in the psychic or imagination. This person could be the 'power behind the throne'. They could lead by being an advisor or counselor to the person in charge. Other areas of the chart can swing this one way or another.

Part of blending could be to just start writing, and the blend will just come to you as you write.

Nate of the 12th

Madonna is said to be a 12th house Leo person, but her birth data is uncertain. My aunt is a 12th house Leo and she is quite artistic! although she also has the classic 12th house psychological quagmire (like I do)....

I'm a Taurus of the 12th and my moon is in the 8th, not an easy combination. I consider the 8th a place where people take on challenges and question things in a deeper and more fundamental way. Both houses have a spiritual side to them. My pull toward mystical fields has been strong, as well as the pull to the musical field.
This is what I dug up from these houses' depths:59:
http://www.astrologyindepth.com/The_8th_house
http://www.astrologyindepth.com/The_12th_house

River

Banned
i read some intersting advice once on how to elp a person remember those things...

the planet you are looking at 'dresses up' in the outfit of whichever sign he is placed in...to go to the 'party' at whichever of the 12 houses

so the sign 'clothes' and 'adds to' the character of the planet; and the resulting energy is as easy as recognizing what type of party he is going to in that particular outfit
mars in his capricorn suit going to a party in the 5th (would that be fun? lol)
i dont know if that is helpful to you, but it sure helped me visualize it better

starlink

Decewe, it really is not so complicated. Mixing the aspects is way more difficult.

You take the planet and read the meaning of it, like Mars, initiative, energy, egocentricity, dynamic behavior, aggression etc.

OK, now look in which sign you find this Mars. Mars is a fire planet. Do you find Mars in Water, Earth or Fire ? Is it mutual, fixed or cardinal? That also changes the way these elements will influence this Mars.Especially in Water or Earth, Mars cannot really do what he wants, these elements do not match his. Mars in Air will mainly be active on a mental level, thinking, speaking, writing a lot, but when it is in a cardinal sign, then this Mars will do something more than just thinking and speaking about it. He is ambitious, he wants others to know what he knows, is he mutual? then he will be more curiously inclined, diving into all sorts of info, just for himself and in a fixed sign? That will make Mars a bit more inflexible and stubborn but quite determined and fixed in his ideas.

OK, now we know how that Mars will perform according to the sign background, you look in which house he falls.
Each house has a meaning, signifying a part in our development and an area where we can express that Mars quality. In the 1st it will be very personal and his behavior will be seen clearly by others, more so when Mars is closer to the Ascendant, in the 4th he will express his qualities mainly at home in family surroundings, in the 6th at work, in the 11th amongst friends. He will talk a lot(Air) or behave very conservatively (Earth and fixed) or be very emotionally involved (Water) with his friends and the same goes for his hopes and ideals.
This way you blend all your planets energies.

Now if you want to know if these energies are expressed harmoniously or not, then start looking at the aspects this Mars makes with other planets in your chart. Squares, oppositions, sometimes conjunctions, semi-squares, cause obstacles in the expression of his energy and problems, and the other good aspects are helpful.
There is a lot to learn initially in astrology and it really takes years and years to sort of get the feel immediately. But it will eventually happen, just dont be impatient. I am doing this already for almost 30 years and I am still learning, every day something new.

In the beginning dont even think about stars, points, chiron etc. That will all come later. They are not essential parts, they add information. You can do without them and still get a perfect interpretation. I started integrating them only after 20 years. (still dont like them really).
Hope this has helped clarify a few things for you. All the best with your studies.Cheers, Starlink

decewe

I am still thinking :)

So, if you say that the sign is a kind of dress and the house the party, so it means I need to visualise how the sign behaves at the party or just add both meaning the planet in the house plus the planet in the house?

Moon in Cancer in house 11 - a person concerned with house stuff, loving homely atmosphere, home-cooked dishes etc. But if we see house 11, we are in our friends' house, so it is not much homely, not so privare. Does it mean that the person is not so homely as is also focused on friends?

Nate of the 12th

The moon shows our maternal, caring side, and it is especially strong in protective Cancer. The 11th is the house of humanity as a whole, and I think the moon here makes the person want to mother humanity and to help his surrounding and care for it. The person may consider the whole humanity to be his family and feel a responsibility for it, and because of this it also makes the person more open to people. I think this can also be quite a humanitarian location!

starlink

Yes, Nate is right. This person will behave in a motherly fashion towards his friends and will be sensitive to the needs of others in general (humanity).
Star.