how to predict divorce? Uranus the clue?

scarlett

Dear all,

I'm trying to predict a divorce in a chart, and I follow transits and progressions. I guess Uranus and personal planets could be involved (as stated in 'The art of predictive astrology: forecasting your life events'. The situation is the following: the person (a friend of mine) separated 3 years ago. They live apart ever since. But they didn't divorce then for financial reasons. Now (from June 2010) he's trying to get the divorce through mutual agreement (less expensive than doing it through a judge), but she doesn't seem to want an agreement and delays and delays the situation. It gives the impression that she doesn't want to get divorced (emotional reasons after 4 years of splitting up?)

They have no children. Only a property, but she doesn't agree with any term, any proposal, any amount of money. Things look quite blocked. And awaiting for an answer from the other part and lawyer is becoming desperating and it causes fights with his current partner (!).

Fron the astrological point of view, what is the sign that make things move on? Can anybody give me a clue? At the moment he's having transiting uranus squaring his natal moon (7h ruler) but still nothing. Lawyers tell him to be patient.

I can post the chart with transits+progressions (name invented to preserve intimacy).
Thanks in advance for your insight.

scarlett.

Attachments

• astro_245at_02_al_2011124_47402_17637.jpg
    astro_245at_02_al_2011124_47402_17637.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 99

BobZemco

I'm trying to predict a divorce in a chart, and I follow transits and progressions. I guess Uranus and personal planets could be involved (as stated in 'The art of predictive astrology: forecasting your life events'.

I know this book. You're wasting your time there. You'd be better off with Bernadette's Predictive Astrology, but if you really want to "see" things you should use Primary Directions.

The situation is the following: the person (a friend of mine) separated 3 years ago.

He's had a hard life. Directed Ascendant opposed Saturn, Moon Mercury and in the 44th year, it will oppose the Sun.

Fron the astrological point of view, what is the sign that make things move on? Can anybody give me a clue?

There's no such Sign, but I'm sure modern astrologers will make one up for you. If you want to look at things that end, then you should look at the Houses that represent endings, which are the 4th, 8th and 12th, and to a lesser a extent, the Houses that represent action (1st, 4th, 7th and 10th).

At the moment he's having transiting uranus squaring his natal moon (7h ruler) but still nothing.

That's right, and there won't be nothing for quite a while. Uranus is not square Natal Moon. The orbs for transits are 30' of arc. I'm sure you read that in the book, but you just forgot.

Natal Moon is at 0° Cancer 17' so Uranus will have to be at 0° Aries to be in orb and that won't happen until maybe 1st week of March, but then you should also consider that Uranus will go Retrograde and square Moon yet again 1 year from now.

Normally, you look at the climatic aspect, that is the last aspect made in a series of aspects because of Retrograde/Direct Motion.

His Directed MC is at 3° Libra square Natal Saturn, and if you take the converse it would be at 17° Sagittarius, which means 3 years ago it would have squared Natal Jupiter. That also means his converse Directed MC will oppose Mercury, Moon and Saturn in short order over the next 12-15 years and those will all be unpleasant events that negatively impact his career and status.

No matter how you look at it, this thing will drag on for a while.

Claire19

Yes please post anonmously especially when third party.

Uranus can mean sudden bid for freedom, a shock or a surprise separation.

Saturn tends to be a long standing thing and the sense of karmic issues having come to an end sometimes. It is a restrictive and suppressive influence when negative.

Sometimes Saturn through the 7th heralds a formal marriage that takes responsibilities seriously and is real and so more likely to endure.

Pluto can mean the loss through passing over or a major psychological transformation that means the end of that partnership. Sometimes it has been obsessive and controlling. Or secret activities or sexual matters have been exposed.

Mars through the 7th can mean aggression, arguments and other sexual issues....

virgo18

DIVORCE Aspects: (Uranus is always involved)

- Ruler of the 1st and 7th are squared or opposed to each other
- In women: (Sun and/or Mars) square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- In men: (Moon and/or Venus) square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- General: Ruler of the 7th square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- Uranus in the 7th
- Uranus in the ascendant "sometimes"
- Uranus in hard aspect to the ruler of the ascendant
- Aquarius in the 7th

dr. farr

You can also determine the Lot of Divorce and use that in your analysis: formula (day and night) = ascendant+cusp (or sensitive degree) of the 7th house-saturn.

DIVORCE Aspects: (Uranus is always involved)

- Ruler of the 1st and 7th are squared or opposed to each other
- In women: (Sun and/or Mars) square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- In men: (Moon and/or Venus) square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- General: Ruler of the 7th square/opposition/conjunction Uranus
- Uranus in the 7th
- Uranus in the ascendant "sometimes"
- Uranus in hard aspect to the ruler of the ascendant
- Aquarius in the 7th

actually, no I look also to T Saturn which broke all my relationships. In hard aspect to venus, the planet of love and affection and amour..

claire19,
Uranus can mean sudden bid for freedom, a shock or a surprise separation. OR just unconventional type relationships

Saturn tends to be a long standing thing and the sense of karmic issues having come to an end sometimes. It is a restrictive and suppressive influence when negative. OR just an older parental type partner, or just delayed until past first saturn return even

Sometimes Saturn through the 7th heralds a formal marriage that takes responsibilities seriously and is real and so more likely to endure.

Pluto can mean the loss through passing over or a major psychological transformation that means the end of that partnership. Sometimes it has been obsessive and controlling. Or secret activities or sexual matters have been exposed. I have pluto well aspected and have not at 53 experienced a loss or death of partner. It does however, want the 'control' and need a strong partner or their will be power struggles

Saturn in the 7th house
· A separate tendency deep within makes it difficult for this person to relate to others.
· Must learn to co-operate with others.
· Early marriages brings difficulties because of lack of maturity. Can marry for security rather than love. Extremely sensitive but hides it from the world. Often marriage is delayed and it can be to an older person. Really wants a mother not a mate.
· Not good for partnerships in business if Saturn is afflicted. Lone-wolf type who does better alone but he doesn't learn as much.
· There is a need for stability in partnerships, but there will usually be delays, sometimes caused by external obstacles such as parental opposition or financial difficulties, which can be used as excuses. These people have high expectations. They are often attracted to those who are older and more experienced, sometimes committed elsewhere. Few friends are allowed to get really close.
· May need a sensible partner to advise them

Uranus 7th House – Angular house
· These people have an intrinsic sense of fair play, of justice and of equality. When these principles are ­consistently violated in relationships, the cumulative stress can induce a psychologically traumatic state. When this occurs they must re‑evaluate themselves in terms of their expectations about reality in general, and relationship dynamics specifically
· Shows a desire for freedom in marriage. The partner may be unusually intelligent. Your choice of mate could be unpredictable. Need certain amount of freedom within a marriage or your partner may want or need this. Can go both ways
· Difficulties in marriage either one can be too independent. Boredom and routine needs breaking occasionally to keep things fresh, exciting. But with a certain amount of eccentricity married life will not be dull.
· Divorce or separation, sometimes by sudden death if Uranus is afflicted. Apt to attract a partner who wants to feel free and be a law unto themselves.
· Suddenly find themselves being confronted by ‘open enemies’ which will come as a surprise – but at least that way it can be dealt with (much better than 12th/secret enemies)
Pluto in 7th House - angular
· Deep need for partnerships.
· May attract strong willed and ­domineering and/or powerful people in close relationships.
· Either want to be the controller or want to be dominated by the partner. Can be extreme highs and lows
· If chart ruler also in the 7th house, will want to involve the partner in every facet and decision in your life (If in twelfth house, never discuss or disclose anything to him).
· Have a strong sense of justice and intense reactions to wrong doings ( Libra naturally rules this house)
· As business partnerships are concerned, will ­ be excellent at dealing with the business & money side of the company

The above are MY interpretations of these planets in 7th and therefore pose no copyright issues. :smile:

Frisiangal

........ Now (from June 2010) he's trying to get the divorce through mutual agreement (less expensive than doing it through a judge), but she doesn't seem to want an agreement and delays and delays the situation. It gives the impression that she doesn't want to get divorced (emotional reasons after 4 years of splitting up?)

................... Things look quite blocked. And awaiting for an answer from the other part and lawyer is becoming desperating and it causes fights with his current partner (!).

...........Fron the astrological point of view, what is the sign that make things move on? Can anybody give me a clue? .

Look at where transiting Saturn is stationed. In the house of law and it has now turned retrograde. No wonder things aren't moving on!

Progressed Moon(ruler 7th) is working its way through Scorpio. Funny how people can separate because they no longer get on, yet the idea of either meeting someone else to replace them (his progressed Venus trine Pluto) can 'emotionally sting'. The estranged wife's chart would provide information as to how what she is going through.

When Saturn turns direct again in June (correlating to the month you mentioned), the stalemate situation can show signs of reaching terms of agreement and 'moving on'. Yet transiting Saturn will activate the whole T-square in his chart, taking in the natal houses and house rulerships of the planets involved. As ruler Ascendant, your friend may have to 'be hard' and take a firm stand. Natal Uranus is on the furthest degree of the T-square, which approach from Saturn occurs during November2011. Progressed Sun and Mercury should be in orb of conjunction by then. This could coincide with written contracts, divorce agreement (8th house rulers influence) and financial settlement (Uranus, ruler 2nd house). Saturn retrogrades again, not taking in natal Venus-Mars, to finalise the conjunction with natal Uranus in August 2012. That's approx. 19 months from where progressed Moon is now situated, which brings it into Sagittarius, opposing Sun, and very close to the 11th house realm of 'freedom and independence'....however he will experience it. Venus is ruler 9th house of second marriages, yet the progressed trine to natal Pluto will be moving out of orb, whilst progressed Mars will be quincunxing 2nd house Jupiter, ruler 11th and 12th houses.
With so much energy still effecting the 2nd house, he might not be as ready or willing to give up his new found sense of freedom as others might expect of him.:wink:

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Astrologer50............
Saturn in the 7th house
Uranus 7th House – Angular house
Pluto in 7th House - angular

A lot of text but I don't see what it has to do with, say about, and can help towards the original poster's enquiry.
Neither Saturn, Uranus or Pluto, by aspect, rulership, transit or progression are IN the 7th house, so will have no direct influence upon it.:andy:

A lot of text but I don't see what it has to do with, say about, and can help towards the original poster's enquiry.
Neither Saturn, Uranus or Pluto, by aspect, rulership, transit or progression are IN the 7th house, so will have no direct influence upon it.:andy:

because having those planets natally and transiting planets in 7th have a very similar theme :sleeping: I was responding to *other* members comments if you bothered to read my post properly. clarification is everything:smile: and quite simply information IS knowledge and that's what I'm all about --- helping other to *learn astrology* rather than dropping answers in members laps

astrology is all about understanding yourself and how you react and act in situations.

virgo18

I was thinking that divorce doesn't always has to do with Uranus...
Uranus is about being free or changeable in points of view. There are so much reasons of getting divorced, that Uranus will be the most common (getting exhaust of the other person and divorce in a polite way.)

But which are the other causes of divorce? There are other placements and planets that can incline you to divorce:

violence - Mars involved
lies - Neptune involved
cheating - Neptune and/or Uranus
alcohol - Neptune or bad aspected Jupiter
or love coldness - Saturn and/or Uranus
excess possessiveness, control and jealousy - Pluto involved
excess of sentimentalism and/or depression of one or both of the partners - bad aspected moon involved with the 7th house

So there is not always Uranus. Obviously its the most common(when love disappear abruptly in both of the partners and they decide to get separated)

I have this common aspects of Uranus it in my chart, and I have a tendency to be married twice:
ruler of the 7th square Uranus
sun square Uranus
ruler of ascendant opposition Uranus
Mars square Uranus
Venus sextile Uranus
Uranus in the 1st house

sethi

Dear all,

I'm trying to predict a divorce in a chart, and I follow transits and progressions. I guess Uranus and personal planets could be involved (as stated in 'The art of predictive astrology: forecasting your life events'. The situation is the following: the person (a friend of mine) separated 3 years ago. They live apart ever since. But they didn't divorce then for financial reasons. Now (from June 2010) he's trying to get the divorce through mutual agreement (less expensive than doing it through a judge), but she doesn't seem to want an agreement and delays and delays the situation. It gives the impression that she doesn't want to get divorced (emotional reasons after 4 years of splitting up?)

They have no children. Only a property, but she doesn't agree with any term, any proposal, any amount of money. Things look quite blocked. And awaiting for an answer from the other part and lawyer is becoming desperating and it causes fights with his current partner (!).

Fron the astrological point of view, what is the sign that make things move on? Can anybody give me a clue? At the moment he's having transiting uranus squaring his natal moon (7h ruler) but still nothing. Lawyers tell him to be patient.

I can post the chart with transits+progressions (name invented to preserve intimacy).
Thanks in advance for your insight.

scarlett.

Hello scarlett If you make a whole house chart, you will come to see some things in a new light. Look at his 7th house . Saturn and Mars with moon at critical degree He was helped by the moon (even though in critical degree but still in his own house). Otherwise I might have predicted that your client has difficulty getting partners. His partners will not be the cheerful type but clearly the opposite. Sour, mean , eager to argue, not good looking, But I think that he will be able to get rid of his partner by end of this year. Let me know if this is his first marriage or second. Also I think there was a lot of opposition to his marriage with his current partner too. Lot of people were / may have been surprised by his this marriage. More maybe later

scarlett

First of all, thank you for all your inputs, which I highly appreciate. The situation now (February 11) has poorley improved: she claims the same amount of money (after 8 months of negotiation with lawyers), and he’s thinking deriving the situation through a contentious divorce process (meaning judge+lawyers+sentence, which takes more or less five more months, but at least is safe and a deadline and ending of the process is assured).
I have no info on the hour she was born (the ex): only know she was born the 13th December 1973 in Strumica (Macedonia). Although I can't tell the houses, I can see however in her aspects that progressed North node is soon opposing progressed Saturn (which I guess is not easy, and can be a life pattern since it is a long lasting aspect).

I agree that transiting retro Saturn is delaying things. In June 2011 with Saturn direct I have the impression things will start moving forward. From the legal point of view he has advantages, the only drawback is that it may take time due to her refusal to negotiate (she takes things emotionally, she’s a fighter and causes problems not only now but also during their marriage).

More things. To reply Sethi: this was his first marriage. I don’t think he wants to marry again after this experience. He’s started an important relationship with somebody who doesn’t want at all to get married. Let’s see if they stick on that ‘promise’. I also agree with you that by the end of the year he will be able to get rid of the ‘ex’ wife (november 2011?). Transiting Saturn will be opposing his natal venus (this must bring something, I guess). Also his progressed midheaven + transiting Noth node are opposing his sun/moon midpoint. I know it is uranus, but it can also bring something.

The important thing here is that their relationship is over for some years. But for financial reasons he could not start this divorce until June 2010 (a property has to be shared and therefore divided) .

I also focus on his Solar return for this year: Sun in his 8th house (financial settlements), moon (7th house ruler in his 12), and also SR saturn (his asc ruler) in the 12th (my interpretation here also has to do with his mother who is currently in medical treatment, hospitals, etc, due to a cancer. She is getting better though). SR Ascendant almost in the degree of his Natal uranus. SR venus conjunct his natal Saturn and Moon...

So, I think that of course he will get rid of the situation (only for logical reasons: justice in spain is slow but it works) and I guess this will happen by November 2011, but the clue for me is to know exactly when (november as I say?) and to predict if it will be a tough process (which I think it is) and if he will suffer a lot emotionally.

Also to reply Sethi: yes, a lot of people were surprised by this marriage. Marriage was the only solution for him to bring her to the European Union (otherwise she could not stay longer than 3 months. This event actually happened in 2001). They married and his parents at that time helped a lot the new couple (economically, etc). Now, she pays back the help of the whole family delaying things, not accepting divorce (I must remind in Spain divorce is unilateral. One can divorce even if the partner doesn’t agree. The only problem here is the property). She, natally: venus in aquarius and moon in proud leo.

scarlett

one more thing: I noticed in HER chart wiyhout knowing, though, the exact house position: transiting saturn is currently 'traniring her sun/moon midpoint'. I think this can explain the current divorce situation she's going through.

However, natally, she has her mars in aries (while HIS mars is poorly located in Cancer). This can also show her willingness to fight and go through a tough divorce process.

BobZemco

one more thing: I noticed in HER chart wiyhout knowing, though, the exact house position: transiting saturn is currently 'traniring her sun/moon midpoint'. I think this can explain the current divorce situation she's going through.

Doesn't matter. Sun/Moon=Saturn is divorce. Midpoints aren't reliant on House location. Midpoints are best read against a Dial (I use a 90° Dial), not a Wheel. Sun/Moon in general is disharmony in relationships. How that actually manifests itself is dependent on the Planet capping the Sun/Moon Midpoint.

However, natally, she has her mars in aries (while HIS mars is poorly located in Cancer). This can also show her willingness to fight and go through a tough divorce process.

That isn't Astrology. Mars in Cancer in the 7th House is Astrology. Mars is in Fall in Cancer, and makes Mars more malefic with a tendency to quarrel and argue with others (the 7th House thing). If Mars is in Aries in the 2nd House, that does not show her "willingness to fight."

What would be relevant is if they had the same Ascendant Rulers (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto rule nothing), or their Ascendant Rulers where in each other's Signs of Rulership or Exaltation or if their Ascendant Rulers made sextiles or trines with Reception, since that would indicate a long term relationship. That wouldn't preclude the possibility of divorce, but it would lessen the chance and if divorce was in the stars, then it would most likely be amicable. You'd still have to look at the chart in its totality, because even sworn enemies can have long term relationships.

tikana

well i do know for a fact that when Uranus is on your desc (transit) and when your Lord of 7th house is going through afflicted transits from saturn to pluto ... expect a divorce... speaking of 1st hand expirience but then i sort of elected the date when to let blow things up.
:devil:

Gwenyhfair

I have heard pluto on the asc/desc axis in solar return is a sign of a divorce year.

In my opinion saturn, jupiter, uranus and pluto transiting the seventh all can mean a time of problems in relationship, but about the timing of the divorce I have no clue.

This interests me cause me and my sister in law both have venus at zero dgr taurus. She wants to get OUT of her marriage (to my bro) whilst I want to get married. We will both have neptune sextile & jupiter conjunct venus this year and in about a year and a half, saturn oppostion venus. She has satrun trine sun this year. I don´t know her exact birth time so I don´t know her seventh house ruler or anything.

I have heard pluto on the asc/desc axis in solar return is a sign of a divorce year. I don't think this is a reliable method of predicting divorce:innocent:

In my opinion saturn, jupiter, uranus and pluto transiting the seventh all can mean a time of problems in relationship, but about the timing of the divorce I have no clue. Jupiter is considered a *benefic* planet and I don't think this would prompt a divorce either

This interests me cause me and my sister in law both have venus at zero dgr taurus. She wants to get OUT of her marriage (to my bro) whilst I want to get married. We will both have neptune sextile & jupiter conjunct venus this year and in about a year and a half, saturn oppostion venus. She has satrun trine sun this year. I don´t know her exact birth time so I don´t know her seventh house ruler or anything.

This aspect to me is a *ball breaker* every time saturn made a hard aspect to my venus a relationship ended. :crying:

Gwenyhfair

well well, reality has proven to be different. I have definitely seen people go "over the top" when jupiter transiting seventh. Even an empty seventh. And we should not forget even thou jupiter is called a benefic, there is two sides to every story. Jupiter does not give luck automatically!

About pluto position in solar return, i´m not sure but a full time astrologer has told me this.