Black Moon Lillith

Moulin

Hi

What is BML? It sounds scary and dark to me !!

BML seems to be an enigma to me. It is not so well documented online and yet it seems to play an important part in synastry, if that would be fair to say?

What does everyone think of BML in synastry, and how does it affect you?
Does it have importance in composite too?
Where is your partner's BML in your chart and how does it make you feel?

I have BML conjunct another person's descendant exact and he has his BML conjunct my Ascendant exact.

What are the dynamics of BML?

This thread is not just about me... i'm interested in sharing and learning more about BML through discussion.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Arian Maverick

I hope you don't mind that I moved this thread to Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects; if you scroll through the archives, you're bound to find lots of information about BML ;)

However, I don't think it's ever been discussed in the context of synastry charts before, so you seem to be covering new territory with this thread.

The first step to understanding BML is to understand the myth of Lilith; there are articles that describe Lility much better than I am about to describe her, but basically, she was the first woman created before Eve who was banished from Paradise when she refused to submit to Adam by lying beneath him during intercourse. Unlike Eve, who was created from Adam's rib, Lilith was created equal to and independent Adam--or so she thought. Lilith was so furious at God and Adam that she began mating with demons and spawning demon children. Lilith was believed to take the lives of young children, so parents often bestowed their infants with amulets to ward against her; priests likewise believed that Lilith wanted to steal their seed and supposedly wore a potentially painful device to guard against this. So Lilith has been given a bad rap throughout history.

The interesting thing about Black Moon Lilith in particular is that, like the Moon's nodes, it is not an actual physical body--although there is an asteroid Lilith if I remember correctly. I do not remember exactly how BML is calculated, but as its name suggests, it functions like a shadow; it is the opposite female archetype of the Moon that women and men alike are not allowed to express, or at least, they experience unfavorable reactions if they do. There are many feminine archetypes and not all of them are the nurturing archetype that we have come to associate with the Moon; some, like Lilith, eschew motherhood. You may recall that Lilith did mate with demons and produce children, but procreation is not the same as motherhood; perhaps Lilith may have had some inkling of this before she was banished from paradise, but now she is bitter and enraged.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Pann

Hi,

I am new to this process but have had an interest in Lilith for quite awhile, probably since BLM conjuncted my progressed Sun in 2003. BLM is a point where the moon at its apogee casts a shadow toward the earth where that shadow ends is the point we call the BML. A very powerful point! Anyone care to say how their BLM affects them in their chart?

memento mori

mine is in virgo less then a degree away from southern node and juno....
the interpretation is pretty **** true.

as far as it's role in synastry. I was convinced that ppl with planets on that position attract me cause of the south node. now im not quite sure. described struggle to commit, both to professions and other ppl.... its right on point

Pann

I love the transformational power of BLM to move us sometimes in a really aggressive/ and or explosive way, though I think we all experience it a little differently--especially men and women? Love to hear any comments about how men experience the BML and how women exp. BML---

Virgo BML 9 degrees--it pretty much aspects half of the planets in your chart--no wonder you attract ppl to that point!

Neptune Rising

Hi

I have progressed BML conjunct my progressed Sun too. They exact just as my pr Sun enters Pisces, at 1 degree Pisces next year.

Mmm interesting comments. I have understood that Lilith is a bit about rebellion, or more some sort of female independance. I've got rebellious aspects in my natal anyway, but I've been feeling very independant lately, rebelling against all forms of 'control'. Pr Sun/Lilith is trine natal Uranus in 10th.

I just realised the Lunar eclipse last week was opposite this Lilith. Mmm interesting. Ah well, not sure what that means. I've started a holistic massage course recently with the aim of helping people, and am working towards working for myself and teaching. Could be Lilith/Sun/Pisces conjunction.

NR

Moulin

hmmm interesting replies everyone, thanks :)

I like the good or bad to Lilith. The unevolved and evolved sides being so black/white. powerful stuff

so, if l have lilith in taurus in my 10th house, conjunct Mars/MC, square Jupiter/ASC, trine Pluto/Uranus and opposite Neptune exact does that mean it will affect my entire being from career to home life to self expression
*gulp*

thinking about that kinda makes me feel sick!

Pann

I'm intrigued by the responses and the interest in Lilith. I think each of us has a very personal relationship with Lilith obviously but as it is a collective issue there are certain aspects that apply to all of us. The comment from Joseph about being the serial killer or the light is definitely Lilith in my mind. Would like to see your chart if you want to share that information.
Indeed we need to experience it all and Lilith will take us into the darkest corners to eventually bring there the light.

Lilith in my mind is the freedom to express all of who we are--the independant, rebellious nature which I find is sometimes associated with the asteroid Lilith. The dark moon Lilith is said to represent the expression of our true creative nature which can often be denied and becomes destructive or if we seek to fullfill our personal desires, then we can be denied what we seek until we act from a place which is for the highest good. BML is the a point of power that we utilize according to what we need to experience in order to express the light and spirit of Divine nature.

Tenth house stuff--how you want to be or will be recognized--where your ambition lies--the desire we all have but many fear to plunge into the depths, shed those skins and rise the shining one. I am grateful for my Black Moon Lilith--it keeps me honest and seeking the truth--and it aspects a whole bunch of stuff in my chart too. Life is intense but would I have it any other way? Apparently not!

Do you all comment about each others charts? So if someone talks about their chart do others offer their thoughts? I would ask Moulin--where is your north node?

Moulin

Hi :)

my north node 18deg is in 9th/aries conjunct this stellium:
saturn 18deg
venus 21deg
moon 24deg

Infact all my personal planets are in 9th, except Mars which only just made it into the 10th :rolleyes:

Squapius

Banned
Joseph said:
The Lilith is the place where we feel our egos, in their need to take in power, to destroy the world, and pull in power into it's Void. Deep. We're talking about murder, rape, violence: all things of vengence. Thus, it is an important thing to understand about yourself, on your spiritual quest.
They often have these powerful, dark and hurtful eyes that suck light into them.

*DELETED POST*

Of course lilith is very much important in the chart.
Must be considered in the analysis.

Last edited:

memento mori

i recently watched this international astrology convention recording. the lecture i watched was on lilith and its cycles. the lecture was held by antonia langendorf [or something :D im bad with names] ... anyhoo. she pointed out the importance of liliths nine yr cycles and its aspects to natal lilith. she presented a number of charts and stories. some of the things she claimed were: lilith transiting ac means separation from a parent or some other important person in ur life, lilith transiting from the 12th house to first can mean revealing some important secret and basicly truth coming out, lilith transiting the sixth house means changing of life situation, natal lilith in seventh is unablenes to control urself in public affairs....

would u guys agree?

I found the entire thing to be slightly over the top. :p then again im nothing but a rookie

Undo

Neptune Rising said:

Excellent link, only one error though.

There is another side of the Dark Moon astrologically. Carl G Jung, the famous psychoanalyst described something that he called the "anima". The anima is a man's image of the ideal woman and also the feminine side of his personality. For a woman it is the image of the ideal man and the masculine side of her personality. So the dark moon in a birthchart will represent these ideals too.

Jung's belief was the anima and animus. The anima being the feminine side in a male and the animus being the masculine side in the female. There's a bit more to it than that, but I just wanted to clear that bit of Jungian Psych up.

My... My... My... I was reading about BML a few days ago....

Black Moon Lilith 9th House (Taurus)
Opposition to: Pluto in Scorpio (3rd House)
Trine: Neptune in Sagg (5th House)

Pholus 9th House (Taurus)
Opposition to: Pluto in Scorpio
Opposition to: N. Node Taurus (9 degrees, so might not be anything, apparently)
Trine: Neptune in Sagg
Conjunct: BML 9th House

N Node 10th House (Taurus)

Is it possible to reroll your birth chart? :p

The asteroids actually interest me more, due to the fact that there's not as much infortmation on them as the planets.

Now I can't really make sense of all of this, just yet, but ot seems like karma is telling me that I have a major debt. I guess I was a horrible person before. :rolleyes:

Undo

Sorry to double post, but, Astrology gets more depressing each day.

memento mori said:
i recently watched this international astrology convention recording. the lecture i watched was on lilith and its cycles. the lecture was held by antonia langendorf [or something :D im bad with names] ... anyhoo. she pointed out the importance of liliths nine yr cycles and its aspects to natal lilith. she presented a number of charts and stories. some of the things she claimed were: lilith transiting ac means separation from a parent or some other important person in ur life, lilith transiting from the 12th house to first can mean revealing some important secret and basicly truth coming out, lilith transiting the sixth house means changing of life situation, natal lilith in seventh is unablenes to control urself in public affairs....

would u guys agree?

I found the entire thing to be slightly over the top. :p then again im nothing but a rookie

Lilith in the 9th house
Lilith in the 9th house finds response in society. Here her instinctive self-assertiveness is motivated religiously, philosophically or politically. We find here the demand of the 9th house, that society should take over one's own behavior as a main thread or perspective. Basically, Lilith is as a very personal, charismatic energy, and if you act it out in the 9th house it may also lead to fanaticism or dogmatism. You turn your own view into the leading ideology and with Lilith you express this with much charisma, even to the degree of being dangerous. So we find Lilith in 9 in the chart of Adolf Hitler. Christian Klar, one of the heads of the former German terrorist group RAF had Lilith in 9. Interesting is also, that iron Lady Margaret Thatcher had Lilith in the house of politics. Prince Charles, whose political and philosophical abitions do not amuse the queen, has his Lilith in 9. And a great artist with Lilith in 9 confronted us in his powerful paintings with strange new perspectives: Salvador Dali.

That is from the woman you spoke of. I can't imagine Lilith in my 9th House coupled with Pholus and the Plutionian and Neptunian aspects being good.

I love Dali myself. My favourite artist.

But, BRB, starting a cult.

memento mori

Dali is amazing mind though his ethics are questionable, i recently read this autobiographical book from one of ppl who sold Dali's pics so there was alot of forguries done by dali himself. he was more of a brilliant mind then briliant artist. Though some of his pics are breath taking I admit.

I hv Lilith in 6th house in virgo in conjunct with south node and juno sextile chiron and pluto, trine saturn neptune mc and moon :D .... mentioned astrologer signified that 6th house lilith might indicate a profession with dreams and illusions which is one of the things i strive toward.

i dunno

*runs off to do more research on this*

Undo

memento mori said:
Dali is amazing mind though his ethics are questionable, i recently read this autobiographical book from one of ppl who sold Dali's pics so there was alot of forguries done by dali himself. he was more of a brilliant mind then briliant artist. Though some of his pics are breath taking I admit.

I hv Lilith in 6th house in virgo in conjunct with south node and juno sextile chiron and pluto, trine saturn neptune mc and moon :D .... mentioned astrologer signified that 6th house lilith might indicate a profession with dreams and illusions which is one of the things i strive toward.

i dunno

*runs off to do more research on this*

Yeah, Dali was an egotistical, pretentious joke of a man. Which is why he's my favourite. :cool:
He was more famous for his art than his mind though. But I do agree with you.

I'm not so lucky.... My Lilith is 9th House and Taurus. She's opposing my Pluto in Scorpio 3rd House and trining with my Neptune in Sag in the 5th.

Keywords: danger, darkness, deceit, destruction, devious, devouring, dreams, emptiness, enchantress, envy, fears, guilt, hatred, imagination, isolation, jealousy, magic, marriage-wrecker, mystery, night, poison, secrets, seduction, shame, the "other woman" who thinks a man needs rescuing from the "chains" of his partner, vengefulness.

The manner in which the Dark Moon plays out will be of the character of the sign in which it is posited and with over tones of the ruling planet of that sign. For example, if your Dark Moon is in Aries, it will act in the manner of Aries with over tones of Mars.

So, by WilsonTC's teaching methods (which I'm still learning), Lilith in my Spitirual/Religious/Philosophical house would show up as physical with overtones of Venus, I think.

Either way, Lilith seems to be pretty vicious. Could explain a bit.

Undo

flea said:
here's something I found on Lilith, might make some sense in our gender challenged world

http://www.leapoffaith.com.au/philosophyDetails.php?philID=7

Did you know that only 1% of land able to be owned is owned by women.....gues who owns the other 99%....

Excellent article. :)

I don't know what to make of the Lilith story, to be honest. Not of what happened, but who to view her.

She wanted equality yes. Adam whined to God. She left and started copulating with devils. Apparently murdering children as well. She may have wanted something good, but then went about it in the wrong way.

And as for who owns the land...
It's those damned metrosexuals, let me tell you. :cool:

Where did you get those stastics to be honest? I think a ratio of 80/20 (law of averages) would be more believable. Not to say that I do not believe, my mind just wants to see how this was tallied.