Saturn Return effect

Jellystar

Hi,

I am a newbie who is trying to learn and understand the astrology from reading bits and pieces here and there. I find there are lots of interesting subjects that have been discussed here so I keep coming back :)

I would be greatful if someone could see if I have been affected by a Saturn Return long-term effect or not. 7 or 8 years ago, I was experiencing my Saturn Return for the 2nd time @ 28-30 yrs. (NB when I was born, I've already had the Saturn in my house!) Being an Aries, things were tough...it was awful. I had to move out of my rented accommodation and moved into a cheaper social housing. One year on from the day I moved in, problem with neighbours started to the extent that I have my next door neighbor's kid screaming with tantrum, downstairs neighbor trashing the apartment and violently shouting, upstairs neighbor swearing and shouting all at the same time. (OK, today is a full moon so I find people go bananas...but this is everyday thing here). Last couple of years, I thought of moving but anyone who wanted to swap with my property didn't wanted to move in.

My income is very minimal that I cannot afford to move into another property. Believe me, anywhere would be more expensive than where I am living. I have been working on my career but for now, I am stuck until I am able to earn more.

What I would like to know is that if my chart says that the nightmare with my neighbor will likely to continue for the next 20 odd years? I read somewhere that "whatever you change at the time of Saturn Return will have an affect for the next 29.5 years."

chart.gif

Jellystar

wilsontc

Staff member
Second Saturn return, to Jellystar

Jellystar,

You asked:

"7 or 8 years ago, I was experiencing my Saturn Return for the 2nd time @ 28-30 yrs...I had to move out of my rented accommodation and moved into a cheaper social housing...problem with neighbours started...My income is very minimal that I cannot afford to move into another property...I have been working on my career but for now, I am stuck until I am able to earn more...What I would like to know is that if my chart says that the nightmare with my neighbor will likely to continue for the next 20 odd years? I read somewhere that "whatever you change at the time of Saturn Return will have an affect for the next 29.5 years."..."

First of all, the "second" Saturn return occurs between the ages of 56 and 60 years old, so, if you are younger than this, you are talking about your "first" Saturn return. Saturn return, the time when Saturn returns to the position it was at your birth is the time when we are "tested" in Saturn things. Since Saturn has to do with duty, responsibility, career, at the time of our Saturn return these issues are tested and, if we have been responsible and taken care of our responsibilities, if not, there are consequences.

In your case, presuming you are 63+ years of age (56 years + 7 years = 63 years minimum age), at the time of normal "retirement age" you discovered that you did not have enough to live as you were accustomed. As a result, you had to move into a cheaper building. So, somehow, somewhere, perhaps due to situations you couldn't control, you had been "irresponsible" with your retirement money/circumstances. And the Saturn effect came in and made it VERY challenging for you.

When we do not "pass" Saturn's tests there are consequences, and sometimes these consequences are severe. For the second test (second Saturn return), that of retiring responsibly, the consequences can include not having a place to stay, not having enough money, etc. Whatever else happens in your life, this "effect" of having horrible neighbors WILL most likely stay with you, and, as consequence of suffering this "Saturn effect" you are now VERY motivated to try to move or leave. This is the result of not passing Saturn's tests: we become motivated to make sure and be more responsible NEXT time.

Does this mean you will ALWAYS live this way? That depends on you, what new career you can get, what responsible authority you can get to look after you, what type of public assistance (authority) you can get, etc. In short, it all depends on how well you handle the "Saturn things" in your life.

Responsibly,

Tim

Jellystar

Thank you!

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply. I am actually 38 at the moment.

Your explanation of the 1st/2nd Saturn Return and "responsibility" part make sense.
If my neighbor issues are going to stay with me for some years to come then, there isn't very much point in me moving so this information helped. I'll resign and not fight anymore...in fact that's what I've been doing recently so I was doing the right thing.

I made a sacrifice but I wouldn't have gone the other way.
If I stayed at home with my parent, I wouldn not have given myself opportunities to grow spiritually so I made a sacrifice there.

Authority have always given me hard times, nothing new there.
In recent years, they even made-up mistakes and tried to kick me out; it weren't even my fault.
So I don't expect help coming my way either.

What a bright future I have....
I'll go bury myself.

Jellystar

wilsontc

Staff member
Clarification, to Jellystar

Jellystar,

You said:

...Your explanation of the 1st/2nd Saturn Return and "responsibility" part make sense. If my neighbor issues are going to stay with me for some years to come then, there isn't very much point in me moving...Authority have always given me hard times...I don't expect help coming my way either...What a bright future I have....I'll go bury myself...

This seems to me to imply that I suggested you "give up" since your current issues are destined to stay with you.

Actually, I said:

...as consequence of suffering this "Saturn effect" you are now VERY motivated to try to move or leave. This is the result of not passing Saturn's tests: we become motivated to make sure and be more responsible NEXT time. Does this mean you will ALWAYS live this way? That depends on you...it all depends on how well you handle the "Saturn things" in your life.

My point was if you USE the Saturn challenges as motivation to change things for the better (by becoming more comfortable with authority, by continuing to look into other living options, etc.) then things will change for the better for you. Otherwise, if you give up and do nothing, things may actually become worse. If you learn to work with authority (Saturn), maybe it won't give you such hard times. How you choose to handle authority is up to you...don't blame Saturn! ;)

Clarifying,

Tim

Jellystar

Hi Tim,

I did give up and it really enhanced my feeling of "what's the point in being alive" last night.
So thanks for clarifying it.

It's not that I get in trouble with the law or anything.
I am doing everything above board but if 100 people were to go through a security check, I would be the one to be picked up. Even if I pay rent/tax, they will make up the way to give ME troubles by mistake!

I've been moved around all my life without my doing wrong. OK some are my choices and I've moved something like 22 times in 38 years. Age 1, 7, 14 (international relocation which is completely out of my wish), 29 (a landlord wanted to get rid of me, even though I have been a good paying tenant, so that he can charge more rent for a new tenant, hence I ended up where I am)

Otherwise, if you give up and do nothing, things may actually become worse.

I don't want it to become worse so I have no choice anyway. This is a typical Saturn style.

Jellystar

Heoau

Dear Jellystar,
I am in agreement with Wilsotc, We find ourselves in the unpleasentness of a zodialogical phases of our horoscope after things are going well due to positive influences, we're over cofident and tend to be popus plus at times a bit selfish. But as soon as phases like saturn returns visit apon us that energy comes home to reak havoc with a vengance. It apppears that Saturn returns a maleficent judgement upon us, but it is our own negative energies we gave off when all was well. Saturn returns are ment to maturate our idologies, attitudes and self development. When we fail to get it the first or second etc. time around. Your irritating surroundings are your tests to endure with patience and grace.
So remember to be humble gererous,and kind when the planets favor us in order to perpetuate the same when karmic Saturn returns. When we feel that we are traped by someone elses negatives, we should think back to the times we served it up to others. I hope your Saturn return goes smoothly and that you experience a wealth of knowledge and positive vibrations from the Universe. I to am entering my Saturn and Jupiter return and I am treading lightly with grace and awarness of others feelings. Peace & Love

Last edited:

Lin

Saturn's job is to make us stronger....independent.... disciplined and structured. It will show us year after year what our weaknesses are until we fix them.
LIN

Claire19

Hello,

If you are having trouble with your neighbours and your housing situation we need to look at your 3rd and your work situation in the 6th house which also deals with housing. Saturn Return was a long time ago and not really relevant to today.

Post your natal chart and we can have a look at the transits right now as well what happened 10 years ago with Saturn which may have changed your situation which affects how you are living today perhaps.

Claire