Anyone have an unaspected retrograde Natal Mars that rules their Asc?

Vista

My Asc is Aries, which is ruled by my natal Mars Rx in Leo the 5th House sitting on the 6th House cusp is completely unaspected. I have tried to find information about this but it's always separate. For example, the information only talks about Natal Mars retrograde, or unexpected Mars, etc, but never all three together...being the ruler of the chart, unaspected, and retrograde.

One way I would define my experience with this natal aspect is an all or nothing, meaning I can cut things or people off before their time. If I had enough, I am done, although I am in general very forgiving. I can also be very strong, and a fighter of the underdog, yet on the other hand I can sometimes be a coward and back down in a fight(verbally speaking as I have never had a physical fight that i can remember). :pinched: I am definitely ground breaker and innovator, but also someone who can give up easily under adversity. Most of the time I am very controlled and pretty easy going, but every once in a blue Moon I will blow and it's usually over something others would consider trivial. Of course it's usually after putting up with things for a long time and then it's sort of the "straw that broke the camels back" that sets me off.
icon10.gif
Physically, this unaspected planet has manifested into an incurable and very painful bladder disease. My energy is also very up and down as well.
I realize some of these traits can be attributed to my Acs, as well as Mars being in Leo, but you never know.

There isn't any minor apspects either, although you could say there is a quincunx with my Natal Sun, however it's 5 degrees orb, which is too large for the quincunx.

Anyone have this exact unapsected planet retrograde or know of anyone who does? I am looking for your experience, as well as any information you can give me or point me to on this subject.

Thanks again for your help...
Vista

starlink

Vista, hi! I dont think you will find an explanation about both, retrograde and being unaspected at the same time. We just have to interprete the meanings separately.
As you might know, an unaspected planet will only do what it does in the sign it is in and the house is rules or is placed in. There is nothing that can interfere with its energy and the Mars energy is usually very direct, outgoing, full of initiative and force.

The sign Leo is a fixed fire sign and can be like a Sun/Mars conjunction,but because of the fixed modality more careful and with more stamina than a Mars in Aries. The fixed quality makes that Mars does not give up easily and will complete things easier than a cardinal or mutable Mars.

There is however a tendency to command others (Mars is Leo is a good placement for a military person). Because Leo loves admiration, you could say that Mars here will give a need for being applauded or greatly admired for what he (you) is (are) doing. Now in that 6th house you could be doing a lot of good by helping others, protecting others and be a pilar of strength to those who are in need which of course is admirable:) and maybe this is one of the directions for you to take and experience gratification. Of course this placement has to be analysed in context of the rest of the chart! A Mars in Leo could make a woman maybe a bit too energetic or domineering and most certainly when it also rules the Ascendant!

When a planet is really unaspected, nothing can interfere with its energy which can be wonderful if placement in sign and house are favorable, but it can also turn out to be quite difficult when this is not the case.

Here we have a planet in a positive sign, but in a negative (6th) house and this can cause inner frustration because the direction of that energy can often not find the right target or opportunity to put the energy to good use which, in the 6th house, can indeed lead to some sort of illness. With that retrogradation, that frustration is more often than not directed inward, hence the fact that your bladder problems are chronic because nothing changes the energy of that Mars, it always remains the same except when transited by another planet.

In such an occasion I think that temporarily there could be a betterment or also worsening of the problem you experience, depending on which planet and which aspect it makes to that Mars.
Also, by progression this Mars can well get to an aspect with another planet and changing into another sign might also bring changes in the expression of your Mars qualities.

One way I would define my experience with this natal aspect is an all or nothing, meaning I can cut things or people off before their time.

I dont think this totally has to do with your unaspected retrograde Mars.
Cutting people off is very much Plutonian, as is the "all or nothing" thing. Is there any aspect to the Ascendant from Pluto or a Venus-Pluto aspect?

Mars position alone does not tell the whole story, for that we need to see your natal chart of course.

Starlink

Last edited:

Vista

Vista, hi! I dont think you will find an explanation about both, retrograde and being unaspected at the same time. We just have to interprete the meanings separately.
As you might know, an unaspected planet will only do what it does in the sign it is in and the house is rules or is placed in. There is nothing that can interfere with its energy and the Mars energy is usually very direct, outgoing, full of initiative and force.

The sign Leo is a fixed fire sign and can be like a Sun/Mars conjunction,but because of the fixed modality more careful and with more stamina than a Mars in Aries. The fixed quality makes that Mars does not give up easily and will complete things easier than a cardinal or mutable Mars.

There is however a tendency to command others (Mars is Leo is a good placement for a military person). Because Leo loves admiration, you could say that Mars here will give a need for being applauded or greatly admired for what he (you) is (are) doing. Now in that 6th house you could be doing a lot of good by helping others, protecting others and be a pilar of strength to those who are in need which of course is admirable:) and maybe this is one of the directions for you to take and experience gratification. Of course this placement has to be analysed in context of the rest of the chart! A Mars in Leo could make a woman maybe a bit too energetic or domineering and most certainly when it also rules the Ascendant!

When a planet is really unaspected, nothing can interfere with its energy which can be wonderful if placement in sign and house are favorable, but it can also turn out to be quite difficult when this is not the case.

Here we have a planet in a positive sign, but in a negative (6th) house and this can cause inner frustration because the direction of that energy can often not find the right target or opportunity to put the energy to good use which, in the 6th house, can indeed lead to some sort of illness. With that retrogradation, that frustration is more often than not directed inward, hence the fact that your bladder problems are chronic because nothing changes the energy of that Mars, it always remains the same except when transited by another planet.

In such an occasion I think that temporarily there could be a betterment or also worsening of the problem you experience, depending on which planet and which aspect it makes to that Mars.
Also, by progression this Mars can well get to an aspect with another planet and changing into another sign might also bring changes in the expression of your Mars qualities.

I dont think this totally has to do with your unaspected retrograde Mars.
Cutting people off is very much Plutonian, as is the "all or nothing" thing. Is there any aspect to the Ascendant from Pluto or a Venus-Pluto aspect?

Mars position alone does not tell the whole story, for that we need to see your natal chart of course.

Starlink

Thank you Starlink for your interpretation.

I suspected I wouldn't be able to find any interpretation for the all three together. You are right in that I do direct a lot of my energy inward which I suspect has a lot to do with my bladder problems. Right now the only progressed aspects Mars makes is an opposition to Natal Mercury in my 11th house. As I mentioned, my Mars sits on the cusp of the 5th/6th house, which originally i place Mars in my 5th until Robert Hand rectified my chart by a few minutes which bumped it into the 6th. Truthfully, I feel that Mars affects both houses. I do workout quite a bit, sometimes 7 days a week so I think this helps, although I do believe I should take up a strenuous physical hobby if not a career that would work with this energy. I have always enjoyed acting, which I really think I need to try doing again. I think it would be a good expression of Leo Mars in the 5th, although not necessarily strenuous. Anyway, Progressed Mars is retrograde and about 1 degree away from making an opposition to Mercury. Not sure what will happen there...eventually it will trine my ASC and then Trine N Venus, but that is quite a ways away. Maybe once it trines Venus I will see some improvement with the bladder thing. Changing signs is another alternative, but that is many years away as well. My Progressed Moon is in Pisces in the 12th House and goes into Aries in January. I am hoping I will see some improvement when this happens since this is a difficult placement in terms of "illness that is difficult to define." And since my illness is incurable and has gotten really bad since Pr Moon moved into Pisces, I am hoping for the best. Also, Tr Jupiter has been opposing N Mars on and off lately which does makes things flare up a bit.
icon9.gif

BTW, no Venus Pluto/ASC apsects. Just a sextile and trine between Sun and Moon to Pluto.
icon10.gif

Thank you again for your time and effort on this.
Vista

starlink

Thank you Vista for your long answer. It really is interesting that you dont have strong Pluto aspects as Pluto rules that area of the body. In a case like this, I would almost believe that the traditional ruler is more telling. Mars as ruler of Scorpio would then point to these bladder problems. As you know I also have bladder problems.

My Mars in Aries in Equal house system, often used by the traditionalists, falls also in my 6th house, modernly in my 5th (not conjunct 6th house) and it conjuncts my Venus in fall in Aries. Mars also rules my 6th house and when positively aspected it helps to heal quickly, also according to antique astrology. This has been proven in my case I must say. Mars trines my MC and Pluto, ruler of my Ascendant (7°orb) and Venus also trines Pluto with a 1° orb. I think I might have found the reason for my infections. I will PM you the details as it is not really astrology related:)

So in my case Pluto rules the Ascendant modernly and Mars traditionally. Pluto squares my Moon in 12 and Sun in 6, and I believe that that has mainly caused this problem.

Vista

Thank you Vista for your long answer. It really is interesting that you dont have strong Pluto aspects as Pluto rules that area of the body. In a case like this, I would almost believe that the traditional ruler is more telling. Mars as ruler of Scorpio would then point to these bladder problems. As you know I also have bladder problems.

My Mars in Aries in Equal house system, often used by the traditionalists, falls also in my 6th house, modernly in my 5th (not conjunct 6th house) and it conjuncts my Venus in fall in Aries. Mars also rules my 6th house and when positively aspected it helps to heal quickly, also according to antique astrology. This has been proven in my case I must say. Mars trines my MC and Pluto, ruler of my Ascendant (7°orb) and Venus also trines Pluto with a 1° orb. I think I might have found the reason for my infections. I will PM you the details as it is not really astrology related:)

So in my case Pluto rules the Ascendant modernly and Mars traditionally. Pluto squares my Moon in 12 and Sun in 6, and I believe that that has mainly caused this problem.

I Starlink,
Yes, I do remember well that you have bladder problems. I should also mention that Pluto is conjunct Uranus in my 6th house and Venus does square Uranus from the 8th H and Pluto rules my 8th, although Venus is in Sagittarius. Didn't think of it, but this could explain another piece of the puzzle in terms of the bladder issue. I will take a look at your PM.