suicide

Light

Katles

I've read that a JUpiter/Neptune trine can indicate suicidal inclinations and was common among suicides. www.nodeorama.com/viewtopic.php?id=2436.

I'm inclined to agree - having a 12th house neptune trining Jupiter! :) I don't do very well with Jupiter transits at all!! I just can't see Mr big and bouncy all things wonderful as anything like that!

Any help, or is it too pessimistic and fatalistic - oops tr nep has his eye on my Jupiter!!

hel

Light

There is also an arabic part of suicide :mad: . I don't know how to calculate it, I only know its conjunct my POF!!:p Haven't worked that one out yet.

hel

unukalhai

i've only considered suicide in astrology studies through one chart, which I don't believe I even have the natal chart for anymore. a friend of mine had a friend who did the unthinkable, and i had a look at it. the major factor I saw was saturn opposing the natal uranus, meaning she felt restricted in her sense of individuality and identity, which quite well described the reason for her unfortunate decision. her inability (restriction) to expressing herself, and the hardships it caused her, drove her into a very deep form of depression and self-doubt. with no outlet, and nobody who she really connected with, she was helpless, or so she felt.

i would imagine there would be predisposition in the natal chart as well, but i didnt see it...

jupiter/neptune linkage can cause excessive idealism, and make this world seem really drab. if not properly handled, that could be a major problem.

I suspect that this might be the same article as the one AM just put up, but here goes:

http://www.widgetsworld.co.uk/articles.php?article=76

I am still in the process of reading all this stuff but the jupiter-neptune trine thing deeply disturbs me. I have this aspect and I have jup conj my asc in 1st and singleton Nep in the 8th in Sag. I believe that this aspect is a blessing and curse, it adds sensitivity and compassion to my chart but yes, it makes me idealist and take people on face-value. Then I get crushed and disappointed in things and people. I have gotten depressed and thought of suicide but I would say in the scheme of things, I would never really do it - I wouldn't have the guts to.

I can understand how the articles mention mars and saturn being in close proximity. I am sure others and myself have felt something like a mars-saturn conjunction and how chafing and frustrating it feels.

Arian Maverick

Yes, it appears that I am becoming something of a hypochondriac myself; although I do not posses a trine aspect between my natal Jupiter and Neptune (or any trine aspects for that matter with the exception of the North Node and Chiron), Mars and Jupiter are within thirty degrees of each other--an indication of schizophrenia according to another article written by the same author:

I have seen in my study that many of those who were and are taken as having strange minds in their lives and sometimes having different attitudes than normally accepted in a given society to some matters of life (not Schizophrenic of course) had Mars and Jupiter within 30 degrees in the Natal Chart irrespective of the placement of their Moon or occurrance of conjunctions (consider Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, Anderson Magician, Shelley who is known for his eccentric behavious at times, Mike Tyson etc.) but my study clearly denotes that the nearing of Mars & Jupiter is not enough for denoting amazing responses to matters of life in a regular manner as Moon must also be in play with these two plus a number of conjunctions.

The last sentence of this excerpt would console me greatly if my natal moon did not form a partile (exact) aspect to my natal Uranus. Referring back to the article Suicidal Tendency in Natal Charts:

The third and the last data that I checked in this regard was for the persons that were somewhat famous yet not on a global level. These also show the same trend for Moon and the fixed signs though Saturn and Jupiter were less involved here. Most of the charts had a square to the Moon and the planet squaring the Moon was Pluto or Uranus. I have also seen that Chiron has prominence in the natal charts of those who lead to mass suicide or ask for it. In this data, hypothesis that was to be taken to test needed some effort but I took what I thought best as “Moon when comes in square to Uranus or Pluto and the Fixed Signs are pronounced, it shows an inclination towards Suicide”.

Perhaps my saving grace is an emphasis upon cardinal (not fixed) signs ;)

Arian Maverick

Luckily, my moon is at most in a conjunction with pluto (if you accept a 9 degree conjunction) and it bears no aspectual relationship with uranus. I guess these aspects have got to do with maladjusted intense emotions about death (squ plu) and spontaneous/erratic emotions (squ ura)

But I do have Ura in sco and they say that is a factor. I suppose because it is so spontaneous and in this case, spontaneity of death.

Also my Saturn and Mars are in a semi-square, but as the article says, its has to be less than 30 deg, so I'm out there too.

Light

4th house Pisces jupiter trining scorpio neptune - longing to return to the great womb or longing for death to escape? Tight conjunction between Moon and Pluto. Uranus and Saturn in quincunx and, are brought together through rulership. Its all there.. Mars inconjunct a Sun/Merc/Saturn Conjunction - I can't get ti right :)

If the statitsics by that author are right, then whole swates of people will be committing suicide at any one time.

Another of his articles says about criminal minds: www.geocities.com/saleemdada/astro-2.html

I have also seen that mostly two of the planets from Pluto, Mars and Jupiter (the three important planets in regards to Criminal Tendency) seem to be at 30 degrees from each other anywhere in such nativities and this phenomenon was present in 36 charts here and this also is a very high occurrance for sure. This observation gives the third point for the Criminal Tendency and that is "when two of the planets from Pluto, Mars and Jupiter are within 30 degrees to each other with Jupiter preferably but not necessarily in Cancer, Libra, Scorpio or Sagittarius, the person in study has a criminal tendency".

Are there really whole batches of people born at the same time who are criminals? Will everyone born in 2006 be a criminal (Mars and Jup in Sco and Pluto in Sagg) be a criminal? He's massaging the statistics, I think. But then, thats the wonderful thing about statisics and astrology - you can make them both say what you want them to say :) ;)

Back to topic before ye olde moderator moves me :p ...Suicide is a decision - to stay or go. It's just has different consequences to the run of the mill decisions. So I wonder of transiting mercury has hit a particularly sensitive point on a natal chart?

Anyway, must go (whilst I'm still here)

light

Missa

I have suicidal tendencies, in fact it's a miracle that I'm still alive. I don't know what exact things on my chart could cause it, it's mostly due to things that have happened to me in my life. But if we look at this astrologically, I have Moon in aries in 8th house badly aspected, and Moon's ruler Mars in first house forming a t-cross with Uranus in 4th house and Chiron in 10th house. I also have Pluto, South node, IC and Saturn in Scorpio in 4th house.

My father, who committed suicide earlier this year, had Moon, Mars and Saturn in Scorpio. He also had Pluto square Mars, and basically lots of squares on his chart. Another relative, who committed suicide about 8 years ago, had Pluto conjunct Mars with 0-degree orb. His Saturn makes several squares and forms a t-cross with Lilith and Jupiter. Uranus conjunct Lilith also looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it causes suicidal tendencies...

Katles

Missa I'm really sorry about your dad.

I have really bad suicidal thoughts and they just get worst and worst, I have tried to get help for several years since I was about 15 but the mental health services over here are rubbish. I have done loads of reserch myself on mental health on the internet and I'm sure I have split personality disorder amougst over things, but they just won't listen.

When I look at my chart, I't just makes me worst I think. It looks obvious where this all comes from. I have always felt sort of out of step with society and very introverted in social settings, even though I feel deep down I have somthing to say. I hate the fact Uranus is in the fifth house, square Venus and Mercury both in Virgo and trine my ascendant and midheaven plus I have a ses.square between my moon and Uranus. I have Saturn and Mars both in Scorpio in the 4th house which I have read causes suicidal tendencies, plus my moon is opposed pluto also in the fourth house. I have also read that Mercury square Uranus and Uranus moon aspects causes suicidal tendencies too. Plus my moon and Uranus are both square chiron which can't be good. Plus I have read on the internet that Grand trines are good but I don't think they are, I find in my opinion they make it hard to make they most of your potential and sap your energy. I am also very self counscious and this is from my sun in the first house I think. Drinking is a horrible porblem for me to and I have read that this could be not helped by having moon in Aries plus Neptune in the fifth house. Very bad concentration and strong imagination which is impossible to turn off, this must be my sun and moon trine neptune and jupiter conjunct neptune. I also have Mars parralel neptune and neptune parralel Uranus, but I am not sure if this is significant.

I know that we can learn from astrology and use the good parts and learn from the bad, but in my case I feel that things have gone to far and I can't seem to get any countrol. It's really horrible and I wouldn't wish this horrible feeling on anyone.

I am not writing this for people to feel sorry for me, I know there are people in the world who are much more worst off then me. But I can't help it if I feel like total **** and can't seem to find a way out of this horrible black hole and the health services won't even help me.

Thanks for your comments

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I don't know how to use the quote button. The person who wrote the article that arian posted said all of the people who had commited suicide in his or her study, except one, had a planet in scorpio. Well wouldn't most people have at least one planet in scorpio ecspecially when you consider how long the outer planets stay in a sign? Lilllybelle

New Moon Libra

Hi all, Arian Maverick turned me on to this post (thank you).

I posted on my blog about a friend who killed himself when I was 17. Actually, he had been a boyfriend, but I broke up with him about 9 months earlier. Danny had an intellect unmatched. He was a geek, but not a techno geek—a D&D geek. Very creative and sensitive, and that’s how I got to know him, by playing D&D weekends in 1980. Ten days before he graduated highschool he put a shotgun in his mouth and blew his head off. His mother came home from work on Saturday afternoon and found his body in the basement. He left a note for his current girlfriend which said, “it’s not your fault.” No one even suspected this would happen.

I’m not sure why all this is consuming me 25 years later. I imagine some transits or progressions to my chart, maybe the fact that I have children now and realize just how much he missed, how unable he was to see that things change. There is talk here about suicidal depression, and that may be, but when I look at Danny’s chart I see anger. I think to do what he did to his mother took a lot of anger—maybe misdirected, but anger, not sadness.

In any case, I’ve looked at the things you’ve posted, quite intrigued, and summed up what I found for suicidal tendencies. Danny’s natal, progressed and transits on suicide date is below. I don’t have his birth time but have a real sense he had Gemini ascendant (if so, some more interesting aspects in addition to those listed below):

1. Jupiter/Neptune trine [ danny has Jupiter/Neptune square ]

2. Moon when comes in square to Uranus or Pluto and the Fixed Signs are pronounced [ danny has loose square Moon/Uranus by progression; fixed signs (aquarius) ]

3. If the planet Mars is within 30 degrees with the planet Saturn or it is in square aspect with Saturn. And with this configuration, any one of the other planets is in the Sign Scorpio (specially Jupiter or Uranus); those that didn’t conform had Saturn and Mars linked with Pluto always by favorable aspects [ Mars/Saturn within 18 degrees; Neptune in scorpio; Mars/Pluto trine ]

4. If Jupiter or Saturn is in conjunction with the Moon and the remaining planet of the two occupies a sign that is fixed by nature [ Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius ]

I don’t recall if I saw Mars/Neptune (square) aspects in this list. Also, a serious Yod was in effect: Pr. Moon (conjunct Tr. Uranus) sextile Pr. Mars (conjunct Tr. Moon) with Tr. Mercury as finger and opposing Neptune as the midpoint (boomerang). I’m told Mercury/Neptune aspects can be disillusioning.

An anecdotal thought on the Moon: Danny, an older friend, and the daughter of a friend each had Moon in Pisces and each tried suicide. Only Danny succeeded.

dannytriwheel.gif

Last edited:

New Moon Libra

Katles, you say you have "Uranus is in the fifth house, square Venus and Mercury both in Virgo and trine my ascendant and midheaven." Wow, why hate this? This looks so creative to me. In fact all the aspects you note have creative potential for art or unraveling mysteries like the human condition. I just had tr. saturn conjunct my natal mars and I wondered if I'd feel depression or anger from the restriction. It had another affect--helping to discipline my energy. I plowed through some work and discovered a new way to process deadlines, finishing two short stories that were very satisfying to me. Aspects can have different meanings. Astrology isn't fate but opportunity for evolution.

5th

WELL, I want to share my understanding of suicide by Astrology.

The planet matters is SATURN.

Signs rulered by Saturn can have tendency to suicide----Capricorn and Aquarius. Because Saturn is a planet of sorrow. I have heard some Capricorn who want to suicide at a boy's age.

According to Lilly, CHOICE APHORISMS, Those that have the Lumninaries unfortunate in Angles will be apt to commit suicide.

Arian Maverick

Interesting observations...Saturn is the Lord of the Geniture in my natal chart and has essential as well as accidental dignity in the tenth house in Capricorn.

Although I cannot recall the exact day I nearly attempted suicide, I believe transiting Uranus was conjunct my North Node and transiting Saturn was hovering around my fifth house cusp. Mars may have been opposing my natal Jupiter or Mars and Jupiter opposed my first house Aries stellium.

Arian Maverick

BorX

hel141 said:
There is also an arabic part of suicide :mad: . I don't know how to calculate it, I only know its conjunct my POF!!:p Haven't worked that one out yet.

hel

Part of suicide ( Yang ) = ASC + Jupiter - Cusp 12
Part of suicide ( Yin ) = ASC + Cusp 8 - Neptune

franklin taylor

Hello,
Sorry to hear so many are having to or have had to deal with these issues. I would seriously try to deal with underlying causes of suicide, mental illnesses. Depression is only part of the puzzle. With Bipolar disorder, suicide generally occurs after a period of severe depression ( they usually don't have the energy to take action during the deep hellish depression itself) however after that period, mania or even a period of normalacy occurs. They devise a plan to commit it and they even become happy and appear happy often when they kill themselves. They don't want to be in that hole of depression ever again. I knew a kid that had been trying to kill himself since childhood swallowed glass the first time, jumped from a low bluff the next and at nineteen he succeeded with a hunting rifle. He had these highs and lows. His father (a good friend of mine that has always appeared somewhat Bi-polar himself) had told me that his son had just came out of a severe depression and had seemed happier than he had been in his whole life, went hunting for the first time, killed a deer, and had seemed so amazed at how well his rifle had done the job of killing the animal. Within the following week the son had used the rifle on himself. I've seen so much suicide around here it beats those national averages all apart. Considering it is such a small populated area. You'd think there would be a Mars/Uranus or Saturn involvement for this type of suicide.

Another type of suicide is far less planned. Implusive suicide, I had a classmate who killed himself after being rejected from a girl. He shot himself inside his van. Another man living less than a mile from me growing up did the rifle/coat hanger method and he killed himself the day after his mother died. Although he had been known to say he would die when his mother died. Let's face the fact that people don't always react like they say they will about a future event although obviously he did. His sister had killed herself too. Alcohol was a factor in all three of these suicides. They were all intoxicated so you'd think that Mars Neptune/Jupiter affliction had to be involved in some way with this particular type of suicides because of there is often a drug alteration of some type involved.
One must look at depression as a cause all by itself because people not even suffering severe depression can take their lives, but most often its worse than the people will ever know around them will ever know. Saturn must be looked at with this type of suicides. It also depends on how each individual reacts to their depression (personality disorders).
The act of suicide has markers of its own which include Uranus obviously, Mars afflictions, having a twelfth house emphasis, the planet ruling one's natal twelfth house is afflicted, and when Saturn is in stressful aspects to the Sun,Moon or the Ascendant.
Suicidal tendencies occur when one has afflictions in or to the eighth house.
Bipolar disorders have been observed most often when Mars is afflicted, Neptune in the first house, having Saturn in Libra, Sagittarian Sun, Gemini/Sagittarius Ascendant/Descendant axis.
Depression has a rather long list of astrological markers, as it should, for so many suffer some degree of it. A Saturn or Capricorn emphasis,Saturn in the first, third, or sixth houses,Saturn afflicted in Virgo, Afflicted Arian Mercury, Moon/ Neptune aspects, Mercury/ Saturn aspects,Venus /Saturn aspects, Moon/Saturn aspects, Saturn near Midheaven, Mercury/ Pluto aspects, Saturn/ Neptune aspects, Sun/ Saturn in aspect to Mid heaven, Moon/ Saturn in aspect to Midheaven, Pluto is in the Saturn ruled or co-ruled signs of Capricorn and Aquarius, Mars in aspect to Saturn and Neptune. I didn't see one mention of Jupiter with depression.
Depressive Psychosis is most common when Neptune is near Midheaven or when Mercury is in aspect to Neptune and Midheaven.
I have read, and for the life of me I can't remember where, that when Mercury is in bad aspect to Uranus, and you become sick or disabled, these natives are more prone to use suicide as a way out. I think it was in William Lily actually or something similiar, but not in these exact words if it was Lily.
I personally went through a few attempts myself within the first five years of being sick and disabled with severe Dystonia (Neurological muscle spasm disorder. Muscles would stay in some level of a spasmodic state for weeks at a time) and Arthritis (anklosing spondylitis and its related illnesses). I had been such a self reliant type who had great pride in his sixth house talents and I felt at the time that they had been all thrown out the window. I lost hope. With severe muscle spasms (especially my spine) nearly all over my body and eventually even my face on a daily basis, it can help you make bad decisions and impair judgement. I didn't really want to die I merely wanted to escape the torment by taking overdoses to just "shut down" I can now see. But I had depressive tendencies before that which by and large had ignored. My Mercury is only in semisquare to Uranus so maybe the energy or will for suicide is not strong enough for me to do it maybe, but I have other other factors as well, My Neptune near midheaven would explain why my depression and my perception was unrealistic ( a nicer word than psychotic LOL) and my mercury trines that Neptune. Thankfully I am doing so much better and Dystonia has pretty much left after fifteen years, as they said it would eventually. But I still take a small dose of anti-spasmodic medication to be safe.
Take Care all, really so!
Franklin