Profections

DreamingTheSeas

For instance: In the period from 6 Feb 2012 to 6 Feb 2013 My first house becomes 8th house. My 6th house becomes 1st house. Which one has more value as 1st house?

tsmall

Premium Member

JUPITERASC

JUPITERASC, I mean the most important is what comes to be the 1st house this year or where 1st house goes to. tsmall thank you.
Seems as if we are discussing Hellenistic profections then? If so, since their position is interdependent, then both important - however, consideration is given to which planets are 'handing over' as well as which planets are 'taking over' :smile:

Last edited:

dr. farr

For instance: In the period from 6 Feb 2012 to 6 Feb 2013 My first house becomes 8th house. My 6th house becomes 1st house. Which one has more value as 1st house?

Your ascendant when it profects into a new sign/house indicates the ruler for you of that year (in your case, the sign and its lord of the 8th natal sign/house, are the most important indicators for you in the forthcoming year) This is the doctrine of the Greco/Roman astrologers.

DreamingTheSeas

dr.farr and JUPITERASC thank you both.

Anytime you want to share your knowledge on profections we are here and ready to hear. As i have noticed many times dr farr is well known person for profection and i think JUP also.

tsmall

Premium Member
Your ascendant when it profects into a new sign/house indicates the ruler for you of that year (in your case, the sign and its lord of the 8th natal sign/house, are the most important indicators for you in the forthcoming year) This is the doctrine of the Greco/Roman astrologers.

DreamingTheSeas, can you post your chart so we can look at what dr. farr and JUPITERASC mean? I am confused (and there's nothing new in that, lol) because your original post said that the 6th house comes to the first, but the 1st goes to the 8th. I think the visual will help.

sandstone

Banned
here is another way to think of it... the whole chart gets moved 8 signs/houses or if you like thinking in geometry 150 degrees..

1 to 8 - that is 8 signs/houses.
6 to 1 - that is 8 as well 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1 =8, lol... good math hey?

JUPITERASC

DreamingTheSeas, can you post your chart so we can look at what dr. farr and JUPITERASC mean? I am confused (and there's nothing new in that, lol) because your original post said that the 6th house comes to the first, but the 1st goes to the 8th. I think the visual will help.
Moog posted this great link on another thread - I just checked it out and it charts profections - very useful IMO - thanks Moog! :smile:
http://www.skyplux.com/

JUPITERASC

We are indeed pampered beyond belief Moog - I calculated a profection wheel and thought wow! Valens et al would have loved this! :smile:

Speaking of charts DreamingTheSeas, posting your natal chart in whole signs would get us started on a discussion - at the moment, I have no idea of the locations of your natal planets, let alone profection... use the software link Moog gave us it is just great :smile:

DreamingTheSeas

My chart and my profected chart. My profected seems different than the other i made on Janus.

Attachments

• astro_Mother.jpg
    astro_Mother.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40
  • get_profection_chart.png
    get_profection_chart.png
    34 KB · Views: 46