Synastry & Composite

Denebola

Hi all !

First, I would like to apologize for my poor english. I live in Switzerland and usually speak french...

I have been interested for a few years in astrology, and this interest made me discover this (excellent) forum. I spent several hours to read it.

I would like assistance for a love story. I have fallen in love with a girl. She is Scorpio (Sun conjunct Venus conjunct Pluto in Scorpio. Mercury: Scorpio. Moon and Mars: Aquarius.). My Sun and my Ascendant are both in Leo's sign (Moon: Aquarius. Venus and Mercury: Virgo, Mars: Scorpio).

Synastry:

What do you think of these aspects?

My Sun (Leo) square her Sun (Scorpio)
My Sun (Leo) opposed her Moon (Aquarius)
My Sun (Leo) opposed her Mars (Aquarius)
My Moon (Aquarius) conjunct her Moon (Aquarius)
My Moon (Aquarius) conjunct her Mars (Aquarius)
My Venus (Virgo) sextile her Venus (Scorpio)
My Mars Scorpio V conjunct her Mercury (Scorpio) and square her Moon (Aquarius)

What do you think of the strong presence of Saturn ? Is it a possible karmic relation?

My Saturn IV (Scorpio) conjunct her Sun (Scorpio)
My Saturn IV (Scorpio) conjunct her Venus (Scorpio)
My Saturn IV (Scorpio) conjunct her Pluto (Scorpio)
My Uranus V (Uranus controls my Descendant (Aquarius)) conjunct her Saturn
(My MC (Aries) conjunct his North Node (Aries))

Composite:

What do you think of this configuration?

Sun conjunct Venus in Libra, trine Jupiter, square Mars conjunct Neptune.

Thank you so much for your help !

Greetings,

wilsontc

Staff member
Denebola,

In general in synastry charts (charts between two people, with one person's chart around the outside of the other):
- squares indicate tension
- oppositions indicate extreme differences
- conjunctions indicate intensity
- sextiles and trines indicate easiness
- Saturn indicates restrictions

So, for example:
Sun (self-expression) square Sun indicates a tension between the way each person exrpesses themselves with each other

Sun (self-expression) opposite Moon (home, also emotions) indicates one person's way of expressing themselves is completely opposite from the way the other person feels

Moon conjunct Mars (being, also anger) indicates an emotional anger around each other

Venus (relationships) sextile Venus indicates an easiness with each other in the relationship

Your Saturn conjunct Sun indicates she may see you as restricting her self-expression in some way

Over time it is possible to work with the challenges (squares, oppositions) and to accept restrictions (Saturn) in the relationship, but it is challenging to get a relationship started whihc has many challenges and restrictions. In your chart there seem to be MANY challenges between the personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars) and Saturn, indicating this could be a challenging relationship to get started.

But if you and she are willing to work on the many challenges together, maybe it could work!

Seeing challenges,

Tim

Denebola

Thank you for your opinion wilsontc. :wink:

Yes, oppositions indicate extreme differences. I don’t want to be too optimistic but oppositions also indicate some kind of complementarity and attirance, especially sun opposed moon.

I agree with you about Saturn's restrictions even if Saturn can bring long-lasting relation. This planet can bring familiarity and safety with one another too.

Saturn meaning the duration, we will see what this relation will give to the wire of time...

I have just discovered an article about the midpoint Sun/Moon. My midpoint Sun/Moon falls in Scorpio at 16°. And my girlfriend's sun is located in Scorpio at 16°. My Sun/Moon midpoint falls then in her conjunct Sun - Venus - Pluto. This is a positive point, isn't it ?

Thank you, bye all. :D

wilsontc

Staff member
Differences

Denebola,

I think you are right in saying that oppositions can be complementary in relationships. After all, relationships are all ABOUT oppositions, balancing our our interests and someone else's interests. Couples who have oppositions in their chart and are willing to work out their differences of opinion can become very strongly bound together. Saturn challenges, as you also point out, are especially useful for the couple to work through, since they will build a sense of permanence about the relationship over time.

Agreeing,

Tim

DiDi

hello denebola
hi wilsontc

About the sun/moon midpoint to ones sun or moon
i have had lots of dealings with this, and it is indeed a potient (very strong)
bond, It has been seen in lost of relationships that other people donot know why they married in the first place. these people also do not have many good aspects but the one thing that they all had in common was the sun/moon midpoint to the others sun or moon.
Hey if you have other aspects then this is also a plus.

Have you read where you midpoint your sun/moon and then midpoint hers then get that midpoint so you have a composit midpoint
this is amazing i have found this point to be in the sun when you first meet someone. or some other plannet, then through out this relationship it will show up in other important times in your lives.. like marriage or moveing in together.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Didi

bond, It has been seen in lost of relationships that other people donot know why they married in the first place. these people also do not have many good aspects but the one thing that they all had in common was the sun/moon midpoint to the others sun or moon.

I agree...it is quite potent in its effects. The one man that has been around my whole life...for 30 years really, although we're not in a relationship...was one where my sun/moon conjuncted his sun, and his sun/moon conjuncted my moon. We really tried for years to make it work, and it never did, but he will always be in my life, although not in a close way. The man I'm looking to date now has his sun right on my sun/moon as well. Actually, our respective sun/moon points are conjunct within 4 degrees. I believe it was Rose Murray who really brought this to my attention. She mentions that hard aspects to the sun/moon are potent too, such as squares and semi-squares. She says this aspect in the composite is important as well.
Actually, my last boyfriend of 3 years had his sun/moon exactly conjunct my Sun! Freaky, freaky.
It is interesting how i keep attracting people born May 28 or 29, since that's the degree of my sun/moon.
Anyone else keep attracting the degree of their sun/moon?

barb

Last edited:

DiDi

hi barbh
yes deffinatly, my midpoint (15 sco) is on my asc and i have neptune conj it to, so i find IF THERE IS A SCORPIO AROUND...;) HE,L FIND ME
I have Rose Murray,s book when the plannets prommis love.. great book
only i still cant work out when the plannets are comming back so i can get married again:rolleyes:

where is your sun/moon midpiont becasue that is a factor to whats going on with the men you are attracting into your life i think.
check out the composits becasue that is when the midpoints shine best i think. i met the man im with now several years ago when the sun was conj our comp midpoint. and in the progressed comp the midpoint as it has changed is also a huge factor now in things that happen for us in it.

Ive noticed they say alot about saturn being restrictive and of course this is true but, without saturn you dont get longetivity so i think this bad *** plannet deserves some more credit to, midpoints to saturn is sometimes overlooked.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Didi

Fascinating stuff.

I just looked at the composite for me and my ex. We met the day of our solar return, but the sun was within 2 degrees of our comp sun/moon.
When I look back to the first date with current romantic interest, the Sun was converse transiting to conjunct the sun/moon. Although, i don't know how accurate converse transits to composite charts are.
I suppose I should be aware of who's around on May 27th, since that's when the Sun will be conjunct my sun/moon...or watch when merc hits it as well, since that's going to be soon too.

Actually, I was just looking at my prog sun/moon. It'll be at 29 Aries 16 on May 27th, and my prog mars is at 29 Aries 16 that day, so they'll be conjunct for a day or two...which is also the same day when the transiting sun will be conjunct my natal sun/moon! Something should be going down that day, plus or minus. Actually, my current interest's birthday is the 28th. Hmmmm. Fascinating huh?

How do you use progressed composite sun/moon??
thanks

barb

DiDi

barbh.. im not sure of your question
was it how do u progress composits? if so you prog each chart to say todays date then midpoint it
or were u asking how you use it? I see what plannets are transiting our pro comp as it seems to deal with what is happening now to us in a relationship, i really find it more accurate than any other method. for me anyway.
I guess if you want to aks more you should post a thread and we can talk more about it there.

hermetic

DiDi said:
Hey if you have other aspects then this is also a plus.

on topic of this aspect, when my sun/moon midpoint conjuncts other persons sun, what does it mean, how does it manifest? And aslo, am I the one feeling the aspect more strongly or is it him?

on another note - you bumped up a 2 year old thread ;)

DiDi

:p no wonder Denibola didnt mind us using it lol HERMETIC im aquarian i dont notice these things.....but my virgo mars should :cool:
these threads dont seem to move much hey !

the person A,s sun or moon is mesmerised to person B,s sun/moon midpoint
in a harsh aspect that is.. conj square opp or even 45deg and 135 deg
im just going to check this overnight to be sure. If you have a sun/moon midpoint aspected to ones sun or moon is a tie its a connection for the both of you. However i think what i said stands the sun or moon person feels it first.

the midpoints come into play there best when transits take place and progressions and dont underestimate conversions they really are interesting to. as much as ive overlooked them myself i have decided to go back in and see what the fuss is about.. sure enough they are there. ..

Hey

Banned
Well you have Venus conjunct Saturn there, but some of those aspects are scary. Moon square Mars? Talk about defensiveness. Sun square Sun might indicate a major difference between you two. Sun opposition Mars may mean lots of battles and competition. It might give you a headache.
Sun and Venus with Saturn can make things boring, but committed. You may be able to hang in there.