Will my son get accepted in Charter school?

Ishwara

Argh! My wife and I had a pretty strong argument earlier this morning, after she told me that, without consulting me, she had put in an application to a very desirable charter school on the other side of town, near her work place, for our 9 years old son. The school uses a lottery system to determine who gets admitted or not as they have way more applications than spots. The lottery is supposed to take place on the 30th of this month.

But before I discuss the matter with her again, and risk getting into another argument about it (his admission would require us to move and relocate -very expensive and stressful move for us at this time) I thought I would ask you good people whether there is even something to talk about.

So my question is: "Will my son win the school admission lottery later this month?"

Yes, the ascendant degree is early but it is also within 1 degree conjunct my natal uranus which I remember reading somewhere makes the chart still relevant, especially if that planet is related to the question. Well, if my sun (5th h) is Saturn, and I look at the 5th house (lottery) from saturn (my son) I get Uranus as the ruler of Aquarius does this make it very relevant? But then since saturn is separating from Uranus does this make the answer No?

Sorry, I am very very new to horary and my thinking probably sound very rough and inaccurate, hence my need of your kind guidance... I would appreciate any thoughts and feedback. Thank you.

P.S.: I just ordered Anthony Louis' "Horary Astrology Plain & Simple" to get me going in a more focused manner.

juz8lv.gif

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

This is, of course, a lottery-winning prediction attempt, so it must be taken with a very large grain of salt! (anyone who gets lottery winning predictions right at a rate above chance should become quite wealthy very soon!)

However...

-your son = 5th house = Capricorn = Saturn significator
-the Part of Fortune falls in Pisces = Jupiter significator
-the Lucky Strike North Node I shall use as the key, followed by the POF (NN also is disposited by Jupiter since it falls in Sagittarius)
-Saturn retrogrades away from the NN, POF and also flows away from Jupiter = - testimony
-Jupiter is applying opposition to Saturn = - testimony

So, these indications seem to say, "no, your son will not win in the school lottery"

Ishwara

Thank you for your feedback Dr. Farr. It's appreciated. May I ask what is POF and what do you mean by Lucky Strike North Node?

dr. farr

The POF is the Part of Fortune, an important horoscopic point showing the interaction of ascendant, Moon and Sun (it was once known as the "Lot of the Moon")-can be useful when attempting to delineate "good fortune" (but goes much beyond that in natal, event, and mundane astrology)
I call the North Node "lucky strike" in horary charts, because I follow the concept that it represents the combined benefic influences of Venus + Jupiter, with conjunctions or flow of significators to it often indicating "sudden or unexpected good fortune" in horary charts (it means a LOT more than this in natal, mundane, and other branches of astrology)

dr. farr

Remember that I use a good deal of unusual material and generally unknown (or long forgotten) methods in my approach, particularly so relative to horary (that is why I always head my horary delineations with a disclaimer to that effect)

Ishwara

Hello Dr. Farr,

Well short answer is NO, my sun didn't get picked in this batch, so you can add one more successful prediction to your belt. :)

They did do the drawing, but it was 10 days later that planned, and we've only learned of the outcome 4 days ago. They told us that they will keep him in the queue any way, in case some of the accepted people change their minds between now and September, but unless 9 of them change their mind his chances are very unlikely. Thank you again for your participation, Dr Farr.