Thyroid, teeth, possible marfan? Having too many issues.

xris

Will my health improve?

I had some thyroid and dental issues and sudden drop/rise in blood pressure. I also have a nasal polyp. Will my health finally improve and will I get the help needed? I'm fed up with going to all kinds of doctors. I want to know if the various untreated or mistreated infections I have in my dents are the reason for the decline in my health. Please, help!

Last edited:

xris

Is it something autoimmune? I suspect I have Celiac disease. Or is it all caused by stress? Many doctors say it's because of stress. And it started after a bad earthquake. Will I get help for my panic attacks? If I have an anxiety and panic disorder will I get rid of them? I probably seem a bit pushy, but that's because I was accepted for a university abroad and I want everything to go well there. You know no one wants to have any panic attacks or similar away from home. :cool:

OK, today I went to a doc and he prescribed me some anti-depressant.

hermetic

Thyroid - Uranus
Dental - Saturn

textbook definitions and both these plants co-rule your house of health-illnesses. Both are retro and probably these issues will keep coming up during your lifetime, I am sorry it started to manifest so early.

I don't see anything activated in the current transits, sign of Virgo your Asc tend to obsess over health to the point of makin it worse for themselves mentally. I say go to your doctors, do what they tell you but try not to think about it too much at all times, or especially about 'what if' scenarios.
I think you have your basic vitality covered with that powerful fire trine between SUn and Mars, both in their signs. This Mars requires lots of physical exercise, perhaps that could be beneficial to you.

Frisiangal

Thyroid - Uranus
Dental - Saturn

textbook definitions and both these plants co-rule your house of health-illnesses. .

Hi Hermetic,
Just out of curiousity, can I ask why you give rulership of the thyroid to Uranus?
Most Western, Vedic, and Greek medicine astrology give rulership of the thyroid to Taurus, the neck/throat region, whilst the complete lymphatic system (endocrine glands) comes under general rulership of Neptune. Like a good Mercury in Taurus I have checked websites through Google and have not come across one that gives Uranus rulership of the thyroid. It does have rulership over the thymus gland.

Where does your information come from, please?

hermetic

Well mostly practice and observation to be honest, all endocrine glands are quite tricky and are under multiple influences imo.
Margaret Miller wrote about thyroid being ruled by Mercury because of closeness with fifth chakra ruled by Mercury and characterized by communication. This even makes sense to me, other places I found it to be connected with the Moon also because thyroid problems are 10 times more likely in females than men(Moon's exaltation in Taurus). Parathyroid(part of thyroid) on the other hand is ruled by Saturn, it is in the same spot at thyroid, in throat - body part that is ruled by Venus, yet it's functioning is connected with calcium distribution and absorption, thus comes Saturn.
I mostly read authors in my native language so not sure other resources would be useful, but just accidentally I do happen to know more than several people with Thyroid disorders and have their charts in my database, mainly hypothyroidism and Hashimotos disease, which is the autoimmune illness of thyroidea, autoimmune would in logic be something showing Uranus effect, no? the simply idea that the entire organ is rebelling and producing it's own antibodies, basically destroying itself, must be some transsaturn influence imo, most closely Uranus, even Pluto when it comes to enlargement.

All in all, I've observed strong Uranus influence:
- Uranus right on the ascendant(three cases)
- Uranus rulling the 6th house(in case of poster above too)
- Uranus hard aspect to lights or 6th house ruler
- also Taurean Suns
- Uranus transits usually marking an onset of illness

are just some of the involvements of Uranus, I've seen it over the years so I instantly associate it with Uranus, although yes I do have read about Venus/Taurus as ruling the part of the body-throat, but to me it needs more than influence of afflicted Venus to make it go out of whack.
Being that all endocrine glands are governed and balanced by pituitary gland, rulership of pituitary is assigned to Uranus, it is a good explanation that sometime the dis-balance in thyroid function stems from something being off in pituitary gland, and that thyroid function is only a side-effect of that.
To each their own, I quess, but practice is what it all comes down to eventually.

Frisiangal

Thanks for the explanation, Hermetic.
Would this Margaret Miller be the author of 'Casebook of a Medical Astrologer', whose book I have somewhere on the shelf upstairs?

autoimmune would in logic be something showing Uranus effect, no?

Some astrologers would look towards Saturn (with Neptune) influence.
Do you think that Saturn, as the traditional ruler of Aquarius can have something to do with it?

I'm a Taurus Sun, with a close Mercury conjunct Venus in 9th (health issues). Part of a grand trine in Earth to Virgo Ascendant.
Venus is semi-square (predisposition to physical complaint) natal Saturn, ruler 5th. Aquarius is on 6th house cusp.
They make no aspect to Uranus, although Mercury is its dispositor.

I've had a thyroid complaint for many years.... although I wonder if I still do..... and/or if the daily pill has ever done any good, as I often forget to take it.
Astrology helped in mentally/emotionally understanding exactly when and why I developed the complaint and what brought it on. :smile:

To each their own, I quess, but practice is what it all comes down to eventually.

So true.:smile:

Vista

Re: Will my health improve?

You have adrenal problems and without adrenal support, your body won't absorb nutrients and your thyroid medication properly. Also, if you are on Synthroid or its generic, it's horrible medication and you won't ever feel well on it. You should be on Armour thyroid or NP Thyroid both of which treat the thyroid hormone T3 and T4(Synthroid only treats T4).

Mars rules the adrenals(cortisol) and it rules the blood(iron). I suspect you are anemic too. Standard testing for both are not adequate. Low iron and high/low cortisol issues will prevent absorption as well, they all work hand in hand with the thyroid. Once you have your thyroid, adrenals, and iron issues under control your celiac with improve if not go away completely. You could be low in Vit D and B12 which is typical for hypothyroidism and adrenal issues.

I had some thyroid and dental issues and sudden drop/rise in blood pressure. I also have a nasal polyp. Will my health finally improve and will I get the help needed? I'm fed up with going to all kinds of doctors. I want to know if the various untreated or mistreated infections I have in my dents are the reason for the decline in my health. Please, help!

hermetic

Thanks for the explanation, Hermetic.
Would this Margaret Miller be the author of 'Casebook of a Medical Astrologer', whose book I have somewhere on the shelf upstairs?

That's her. Important part was that she was a medical doctor and an astrologer.

Some astrologers would look towards Saturn (with Neptune) influence.
Do you think that Saturn, as the traditional ruler of Aquarius can have something to do with it?
Perhaps. Thing is I've read so many conflicting info on rulerships and various effects of planets, and mind you, I try not to read everything available, but mostly reputable authors, and there are so many differences even among those, I kind of forget which said what and later on try to come up with a synthesis of my own with the data from the charts I own and mostly people I personally know.

I'm a Taurus Sun, with a close Mercury conjunct Venus in 9th (health issues). Part of a grand trine in Earth to Virgo Ascendant.
Venus is semi-square (predisposition to physical complaint) natal Saturn, ruler 5th. Aquarius is on 6th house cusp.
They make no aspect to Uranus, although Mercury is its dispositor.
Would love to see your chart. The thing with thyroid problems is that it sometimes gets better on it's own, a friend of mine regulated it with no meds, just by being by the sea and eating healthy, but once she got back to the city and to her old ways of unhealthy stressful living, it all came back. Blood-work seriously can dramatically improve in just few weeks, and then the same doctors who previously suggested surgery to completely remove her thyroid, now are debating whether she even needs meds.:andy:
my mom was on meds for it for over 35 years, and she had many periods of being off meds and not needing them also. the illness is not consistent, it's erratic in behavior and prognosis, that is another connection with Uranus to me.
While I try to look more into traditional I never completely disregard transsaturns, especially when there is an example of horoscope with Uranus on asc, it simply has to have influence over one's physical body.

xris

The doctors say my adrenals are healthy. My panic disorder could be the cause?
You have adrenal problems and without adrenal support, your body won't absorb nutrients and your thyroid medication properly. Also, if you are on Synthroid or its generic, it's horrible medication and you won't ever feel well on it. You should be on Armour thyroid or NP Thyroid both of which treat the thyroid hormone T3 and T4(Synthroid only treats T4).

Mars rules the adrenals(cortisol) and it rules the blood(iron). I suspect you are anemic too. Standard testing for both are not adequate. Low iron and high/low cortisol issues will prevent absorption as well, they all work hand in hand with the thyroid. Once you have your thyroid, adrenals, and iron issues under control your celiac with improve if not go away completely. You could be low in Vit D and B12 which is typical for hypothyroidism and adrenal issues.

dr. farr

Regionally thyroid is given as affinitive to Taurus; however functionally (not as part of a region but rather specifically as an "organ") the affinity schedule I follow (from the oldtime Southern California Astro-medical Society) allocates thyroid function to Sagittarius and parathyroid function to Capricorn. Since parathyroid function (which affects also, and is in turn affected by, thyroid function) has to do with calcium metabolism (and calcium fixation), perhaps the parathyroid is rather more involved here than the thyroid function itself.
Saturn disposits Capricorn (therefore the parathyroid), and of course Saturn is connected with bones and dental (teeth): note the conjunction of Saturn with Uranus, which latter planet is considered to indicate "hard to diagnose" health conditions, which seems to be the case with the OP's situation. Note also that Uranus and Saturn are in Sagittarius (thyroid affinity) and that often mysterious Neptune (mysterious influences of all kinds, including health matters) is posited in Capricorn (parathyroid)-and note that Mars is in square to Capricorn (parathyroid) posited Neptune, perhaps indicating episodic activations of parathyroid dysfunction
(note too that Uranus is characterized as well by episodic activations, here Uranus is connected with Saturn = bones, teeth, and-with Saturn as dispositor of Capricorn-with parathyroid function as well)...

xris

I feel like my most problematic area is the stomach / solar plexus. Stress makes my stomach hurt and feel like cuddled in a ball. The cause for my stress is growing up with an unstable and somewhat abusive father and a weak mother to boot. I hope his influence on my life will diminish in the near future. I am currently trying Bach essences. Louse Hay's positive affirmations worked good for me a few months ago, but now I have to try more.

Vista

The blood test done for adrenals is for that moment/time in the day so that leaves the other 23 hours in a day unaccounted for. The only way to have an accurate diagnosis of high and low cortisol is by doing a 24 hour saliva test. If you have a thyroid problem I guarantee you have adrenal problems. They both work together and when one is malfunctioning it causes the other to do so as well. Adrenal issues will make you very sick.

The doctors say my adrenals are healthy. My panic disorder could be the cause?

xris

Thank you for your reply but I think it might be the other way round - my Celiac/Gluten sensitivity affects my intestines (immune system). Gluten makes the immune system cause harm to the thyroid by producing thyroid antibodies. Celiac is an autoimmune disease that might cause other autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid issues, and arthritis. Of course thoughts are very powerful, so when someone is under stress many illnesses pop-up. Especially auto-immune ones are rooted in the mind basically, so even if I have the genes for Gluten intolerance I could've avoided developing it by avoiding stress. In fact I never had issues with wheat and Gluten before I went to that awful place called high school when I had to put up with too much stress every day.

Vista

It's kind of like what came first, the chicken or the egg? :)

Omitting both Gluten and Dairy from your diet is certainly worth trying. You could have hashimoto thyroiditis too which is the thyroid antibodies attacking the thyroid.

You should be checked for Lyme Disease and Lyme Disease coinfections. The lab testing they have right now is not all that great and can miss the disease but it's a start. It's an absolute epidemic with 300,000 up to 900,000 new cases each year many of which go undiagnosed. To have all these autoimmune disease problems at such an young age is a big reason to suspect Lyme. They are calling it the "Great Imitator" of the 21st Century and linking it as the cause of many, many autoimmune disease. BTW besides ticks it is now confirmed it can be transmitted through mosquitoes.

Thank you for your reply but I think it might be the other way round - my Celiac/Gluten sensitivity affects my intestines (immune system). Gluten makes the immune system cause harm to the thyroid by producing thyroid antibodies. Celiac is an autoimmune disease that might cause other autoimmune diseases, such as thyroid issues, and arthritis. Of course thoughts are very powerful, so when someone is under stress many illnesses pop-up. Especially auto-immune ones are rooted in the mind basically, so even if I have the genes for Gluten intolerance I could've avoided developing it by avoiding stress. In fact I never had issues with wheat and Gluten before I went to that awful place called high school when I had to put up with too much stress every day.