Moon in Aquarius

bbr11

Hi everyone.

I would like to dedicate this topic strictly to Moon in Aquarius. I've heard from an astrologyweekly user Yennefer that this topic hasn't been talked about too much and I've also had a question about something on another thread in which I found out that it had to do with my Moon in Aquarius. Also this topic was suggested by Yennefer to me so I don't wanna get all the credit for it. :smile:

May this thread be filled with useful information(as a moon in aqua would say...maybe? no? :lol:)

Anyway so I'm gonna start this off with how Aquarius moon manifests itself in my life. It might APPEAR to be disrespectful but I really have the most utter respect for people and who they are individually (Aquarius). But you gotta realize that not only do I have Aquarius as my moon but I also have a bunch of Uranus aspects in my chart so I'm not too sure if my actions are related to my moon in aquarius or which one of Uranus aspects.

i actually stated in another topic in which how Moon in Aquarius minifests itself in my life in more more detail so here is the citations:

This one I was told that it's because of my Moon in Aquarius:
... i wanna talk about is that I'm extremely comfortable talking about sex to ANYONE while most people either giggle when I do or get offended and tell me straight that they don't wanna talk about it(mostly girls). In other words I love talking about sex with people in an intellectual conversation especially when the topic comes up but most of the time people are immature about it. I've been always trying to figure out why people are uncomfortable about the topic and I never got a straight answer. Even **** for that matter.

So I guess this could be a two sided question because 1. I dont understand why people are uncomfortable talking about sex or **** or whatever (and I'm not talking about sex jokes in which I think they are very stupid, unfunny, and unoriginal) and 2. how i'm like this but I don't have any scorpios in my chart?

Here is where I go more into detail:

Btw it's true what you said about your funeral thing you talked about. When people cry for some reason it makes me laugh and I sometimes think about how embarrassing it would be for me to go to a funeral and smile or laugh. It happens very often when the mood in the room is so quiet and serious and I just wanna burst out laughing so I quickly run outside to do so. It's kind of embarrassing when stuff like that happens especially when people take offense to it with their looks lol. It's really hard for me to take anything serious seriously I don't know why I'm like this. It has to be my stupid Sag rising haha. It's not even towards myself but when I talk in a large group sometimes someone just bursts out laughing and their holding their mouth and I'm pretty sharp (Virgo mercury trine virgo mars) so I don't fail to see that. When I was in high school no one in my class took me seriously. Whenever I wanted to ask s serious question let's say in my calculus class people would just laugh at me so it does get annoying sometimes and I therefore have to act serious so it balances it out.

But ya, thank god the last funeral I went to was like when I was 6.

Here is my chart:
astro_w2gw_01_babak_hp131048965-1.gif

bbr11

I forgot to say that if anyone else would like to share how Moon in Aquarius manifests in their lives, you're welcome to do so :D

piscesnurse

hello i have moon in aqua with vesta sitting on it
It is probably good i do as i have a stellum in pisces in the 12 and cancer and libra asc in aries and pluto in leo no earth so i guess aqua keeps me detached

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I dated an Aquarius moon. He was estranged from his mother and when you consider moon as Mom and Aquarius as detached they say this is common. You mentioned not being able to communicate with your Virgo mother.

What's the consensus of Aquarius moon's toward their Mother? And do you find this same detachment with women in general?

Ever curious Virgo here. Not being disrespectful at all....but I would love to hear what that consensus is.

bbr11

I dated an Aquarius moon. He was estranged from his mother and when you consider moon as Mom and Aquarius as detached they say this is common. You mentioned not being able to communicate with your Virgo mother.

What's the consensus of Aquarius moon's toward their Mother? And do you find this same detachment with women in general?

Ever curious Virgo here. Not being disrespectful at all....but I would love to hear what that consensus is.
No worries. My Mars in Virgo said it's quite embarrassed for saying the things it said in my other post:wink:. Sometimes I get intense emotions that come out of no where over small things :crying: but at the same time have to regrets for saying them because I really did mean it about pisces :tongue: I really wish I didn't feel this way about them but I do. :devil:

But anyway. My mom just does not give me the freedom to do what I want and I have zero privacy around the house. She is extremely nosy and goes as far as even listening to my phone conversations by standing outside of my door and even in 2 instances opened my letters from my bank to see how much I have in my bank account. Also most of the time she I'm trying to talk about something to her and she just responds with something irrelevant that goes to show that she has no idea where I'm going with the conversation. This is the best I can explain how she is. I have no respect for people who don't give me my privacy. One of the many reasons why I will never have a girlfriend. I need too much freedom and privacy that no one will ever understand. having my own time alone is crucial in my life and having my ex with me 24/7 back when we were together did not make my perspective towards personal relationships any better.

I also get the feeling that I scared off a lot of people with my previous posts hahaha. Oh well, you can't please everyone now can you.

Last edited:

bittermoon

Amy, I had a short affair with an Aqua Moon once. His Moon also conjuncts his Saturn in the 2nd House :pouty:

When I first met him, I could not understand why he'd never been married or been in a 'serious' relationship for many years, even though he was well into his 40s, good-looking, smart, funny, charming, well-traveled, good job, nice house etc. etc.

However, soon enough I discovered that he was unable to get emotionally involved in any way. He wouldn't even talk about anything that was emotionally charged. Looking back, I think he did try to show his affections by buying me a book or sending me music. He'd send photos of his surroundings or commute to work to me (he knew I love those kinds of things). As a triple water person, I definitely need more than that.

As for his mother.... This man also took really good care of his elderly mother who lived about 6 hours away from him. He'd frequently visit her and she'd frequently visit him. Though he did tell me that he never told her any of his private/personal business. He appeared emotionally close to her, but in reality wasn't. I actually think he's not capable of it.

Yennefer

...Sometimes I get intense emotions that come out of no where over small things :crying: but at the same time have to regrets for saying them because I really did mean it about pisces :tongue: I really wish I didn't feel this way about them but I do. :devil:

BBR11, yes you seem to get overly emotional. Your Moon in Aqua is receiving opposition from Leo Sun, square from Pluto and quincunx from Mercury in Virgo. That might mean that you´re out of sync with your own feelings, you have trouble to recognize them and communicate them clearly and this must manifest somehow, probably as strong emotions (Moon square Pluto) that Aqua Moon tries to ralionalize because otherwise it becomes very unconfortable to deal with them. This is why you don´t like when people (such as water signs) put more emphasis on emotions, but it is not their fault that you feel the way you do.

As for you liking talking about sex, this has several reasons that are listed in your other thread and Moon placed in Aqua is only one of them. For those interested, the thread is to be found here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30291

I would suggest let´s get back to the Moon in Aquarius in general as this I think should be the purpose of this thread.

I stated that:
With Moon in Aquarius, you´re comfortable when most people would feel odd. It´s something similar to being to the funeral and not feeling sad and wondering about why all those people seem sad and cry? You probably like observing people and some with strong Aqua presence in the chart are prone to conducting their little "social surveys" about people, their behaviour and reactions in various situations.

The funeral was just an EXAMPLE of how this can manifest, as I know of someone who experiences just this kind of thing. That is not to say that all with Moon in Aqua would be smiling there as it is really discourteous and disrespectful and actually shows some supressed emotions manifest in this way.

Here are some interpretations:
Moon in Aquarius people are extremely observant. They are life-time students of human nature, loving to analyze why people do what they do. This often stems from a detached—even shy—personality, especially in youth. Whether due to character or conditioning, Moon in Aquarius people often grow up feeling "different". Although rather sociable, they are often loners at heart. Many have strong egos, or at least powerful defense mechanisms, and most Lunar Aquarians will do their best to be the most unique and unusual person they can be. Their inner feeling of loneliness—that they don't quite fit in—puts them on the outside, looking in.
There is a very idealistic and progressive streak in Lunar Aquarians that is admirable indeed. However, when the Moon is in Aquarius, natives often will deny the more irrational qualities of emotions—such as jealousy, possessiveness, and fear—in an effort to be "above" what they consider "pettiness". When this goes too far, Lunar Aquarians can be emotionally blocked, distant, and detached.
...continues here: http://www.cafeastrology.com/zodiacaquarius.html

See also:
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/moon-in-aquarius.html

I tend to agree that strong ego and defense mechanisms are present in those with Aqua Moon, I have seen it numerous times. I suppose it has to do with overrationalizing (have I made this word up?) things and emotions. The question is, what can someone with this placement do about this, in order to deal with their own emotions in a healthier way?

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I find that Moon in Aquarius like most air signs are detached from their emotions, even REpressed. I think the "laughing at the funeral" thing is probably an example of this, not really knowing their feelings well enough to know how EXpress them but instead putting on a good face. Also it seems like a classic case of Aquarian contrariness - taking the opposite stance to be different.

They make very good friends, generally very good listeners willing to let others dominate the conversations. In fact, I suspect they like that because it avoids them having to share too much of themselves.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

The Aquarius moon that I dated said that he did realize that he thought differently than others. When he was at a funeral he did have a chuckle to himself because as they entered the cemetery there was a sign that said native species planted here. And they were burying a native (as we in America would say Native America or elsewhere an aboriginal) I gather it somewhat embarassed him at the time.

But he also has Mercury retrograde and that also indicated a person who thinks differently than others.

Inside Out Orange

Sometimes I get intense emotions that come out of no where over small things :crying:

Yes ... even when you repress emotions they find a way to leak out. Often it'll come as a big explosion of feeling sparked by a small incident; other times it'll just be a small tears that can be repressed quickly.

But anyway. My mom just does not give me the freedom to do what I want and I have zero privacy around the house. She is extremely nosy and goes as far as even listening to my phone conversations by standing outside of my door and even in 2 instances opened my letters from my bank to see how much I have in my bank account. Also most of the time she I'm trying to talk about something to her and she just responds with something irrelevant that goes to show that she has no idea where I'm going with the conversation. This is the best I can explain how she is.

Perhaps your mother has other issues. The incidents that you describe do sound like she is overstepping the mark. However equally, it may be that you have become so detached and unemotional that she is worried about you to the extent that she needs to feel she has to check up on you. You might find that if you were to be a little more open with her, which is difficult for Aquarius types, that she would back off a bit.

One of the many reasons why I will never have a girlfriend.

That's a nice, definite, black&white statement. Leaves no room for any emotional uncertainty. That's what Aquarian moons like. To have certainty and no emotional difficulty to deal with.

I need too much freedom and privacy that no one will ever understand. having my own time alone is crucial in my life and having my ex with me 24/7 back when we were together did not make my perspective towards personal relationships any better.

Perhaps your ex- wasn't the one for you. There are other people out there who will give you space. Perhaps also you need to be open and clear about your needs to have time alone. But being open and clear would require you to express your own needs and that might feel like you're dependent on them ...

Truth be known I bet you were excited and wanted to spend as much time with your ex as possible, then once you felt comfortable you felt cramped and wanted to have your space. Rushed into the relationship then didn't know how to handle it ...

But it also seems to me that your ex is a reflection of your mother. Someone who crowds you. Look carefully at the people you attract and figure out why you're attracted to them because then it'll show you what you need to work on in yourself.

I also get the feeling that I scared off a lot of people with my previous posts hahaha. Oh well, you can't please everyone now can you.

Nice bit of bravado there. Not sure if that's your Leo sun kicking in, or your Aquarian moon avoiding any empathy so as not to engage on an emotional level.

bbr11

All the posts were excellent. Thank you everyone for your informative posts. :happy:
I've got nothing else to say because everyone nailed it. Anyone else who wishes to continue on with the topic you're more than welcome to do so.

Nexus7

I laughed at a funeral once. My grandmother's.

But really. The priest appeared to be absolutely steaming, he performed like a stage conjuror, he got his hymn numbers mixed up, he used a blue plastic perfume bottle to sprinkle the coffin, luckily when I laughed (discretely) I saw other members of my family surreptitiously laughing too - I think everyone found the funeral an absolute and total farce.

One thing.I have seen another place in cyberspace where virtually every Sun, Asc, Moon what-have gets its own forum. Aquarius moon got pretty boring in the end, there was very little interraction there. I just concluded that this was too reserved a moon for 'tea and sympathy' chats. Or for that matter putting the world to rights.

But whether or not it was rising, moon or sun - the Scorpio forums were incredibly active. Busy, busy, busy with self-revelations of every kind.

I daresay someone is going to get the ultimate thesis written up on such things in due course.

Aquachime

I am in a relationship with an Aqu. Moon. He cut his mum and family off for about 15yrs-no trace of him. But that was after rejection by her throughout childhood. He annalyses human emotion and motives and is usually then spot on with his insights into others. His emotional connections are with humanity & nature. He is a Sun Virgo with Venus conjunct Uranus. He has never married. We actually met up again at a relatives funeral. We are distantly related. My Venus is in Aqu and I have Moon sq Uranus.

stillatlarge

Well, I'm Leo sun with Moon in Aqua and I am a very sympathetic person, really hyper-sympathetic in most cases. I will fight like hell for someone who is being hurt or bullied but I cannot stand emotionally manipulative Cancerians and people who are overly self indulgent when it comes to emotions and whining. My father, a scorpio who thought he was John Wayne, LOL, always told me that you do what you have to do and then you cry if you have to. That's the way I try to live my life.
The cancer was a Leo rising with Cap moon so I would've thought for sure we'd get along but I felt so used and stifled at the same time by all that "poor ME, poor ME, ooooh poooor MEEEE" all the time. Like nobody else in the world mattered, noone else suffered. I don't know why I get so creeped out. My relationship with my mother was very strained too but I took excellent care of her in her old age, better even than she deserved if the truth were known. I have noticed that other aqua moon's have much the same relationship with their mothers. I love love love other Aqua moons though. The two guys who I loved the most are Aqua moons. Second would be Gem moons but all we really do is talk up a storm from the minute we meet come to think of it.

bbr11

One thing.I have seen another place in cyberspace where virtually every Sun, Asc, Moon what-have gets its own forum. Aquarius moon got pretty boring in the end, there was very little interraction there. I just concluded that this was too reserved a moon for 'tea and sympathy' chats. Or for that matter putting the world to rights.

I have to say that's pretty odd. I would imagine intense conversations and debates since Aquarius is mentally very stubborn therefore lots of arguments lol
But at the same time I know what you mean since Aquarius tends to respect people for who they are and leave them be.

bbr11

Well, I'm Leo sun with Moon in Aqua and I am a very sympathetic person, really hyper-sympathetic in most cases. I will fight like hell for someone who is being hurt or bullied but I cannot stand emotionally manipulative Cancerians and people who are overly self indulgent when it comes to emotions and whining. My father, a scorpio who thought he was John Wayne, LOL, always told me that you do what you have to do and then you cry if you have to. That's the way I try to live my life.
The cancer was a Leo rising with Cap moon so I would've thought for sure we'd get along but I felt so used and stifled at the same time by all that "poor ME, poor ME, ooooh poooor MEEEE" all the time. Like nobody else in the world mattered, noone else suffered. I don't know why I get so creeped out. My relationship with my mother was very strained too but I took excellent care of her in her old age, better even than she deserved if the truth were known. I have noticed that other aqua moon's have much the same relationship with their mothers. I love love love other Aqua moons though. The two guys who I loved the most are Aqua moons. Second would be Gem moons but all we really do is talk up a storm from the minute we meet come to think of it.
I gotta agree with most of what you said. I don't like my mom but I take care of her anyway because she has a lot physical issues from time to time. I'm an extremely helpful and sympathetic person in general but also distant at the very same time. For example I help her but I prefer not to hear a thank you or anything like. My actions are very warm but my personality is very cold, bitter and distant.

I'm a virgo sun/pisces ascendant with moon in aquarius (12th house), I make a habit of internalising my emotions without being open about it, and I can quite easily be detached. I can be a bit of a loner, but I actually enjoy being sociable, and I do feel that I am a good friend and person to everyone, from an ally to even a percieved enemy (if I have one lol).

I have a different relationship with my mother though, she and I are very close, though sometimes when I go off to be alone she often laments that I "don't talk to her anymore" which is quite distressing for me at times but I can see why she says that.