Venus in Cancer :square:Moon in Libra ?

Andylop

Hello Forum! I was reading about Venus in Cancer.... It is a very sweet, motherly, tender and emotional Venus, that requires lots of love and comprehension to feel safe and come out of it's shell....Naturally, I totally identify with this, I'm a Venusian Cancerian myself, and it's not too easy for me; partly because I'm a Solar Gemini, and I tend to rationalyze feelings amongst many other things.... But also because My Venus is very much Afflicted........ let me explain:

My venus is in Cancer....my Moon is in Libra..... These 2 form "Mutual Reception"

(Moon corresponds to Cancer, Venus corresponds to Libra --> I have Moon in Libra and Venus in Cancer....so they are in mutual reception)

My Moon and my Venus also form a square...

My Venus also forms a square to Saturn....

To top it off....Venus is a singleton in my chart, meaning that it is the only planet I have in water..... Plus, it is the only planet I have in an Air house...

And in addition to that, It only forms challenging aspects... etcept for a quintile to the ASC and North Node.

I don't know what all this means.....Can someone tell me their thoughts on this? I'd really appretiate it. Thanks!

Andylop.

cronu4

You should see my Chart. I am not that great at astrology, but when i saw your chart I had to reply, its very similar.
I would love to talk to you to get to know u

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_irina_k_hp.75263.7679.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_irina_k_hp.75263.7679.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 53

miquar

Hi Andylop. With such strong air emphasis with only one planet in the opposite element, water, it does seem that this Venus in Cancer will need a bit of nurturing, especially with the squares you mention. The Grand Trine in air involving the two airy planets and the Moon makes this chart very airy indeed, especially when added to the Gemini Sun, which itself makes an air trine to Jupiter.

The balance of elements in your chart suggests a general favouring of rational thought (air) as your main way of adapting to life rather than subjective feeling (water). On top of this, the Moon Venus square predisposes you to experience an inner conflict. On one side there's your instinctual need for your inner and outer life to conform to a logical and orderly preconceived ideal of balance and harmony (Moon in Libra). On the other side there's your tendency to find beauty and value through close emotional involvement with other people and with your own mysterious and irrational feelings and moods.

The Venus Saturn square suggests that you felt deprived of emotional nourishment when you were a child, and that you may still carry a fear that if you open up on a feeling level you will be hurt. Airy people struggle with painful feelings, but part of healing this Venus probably involves allowing such feelings into your conscious, owning any fear of rejection and isolation, and making the effort to take risks in the realm of feeling, whether internally, of through contact with others. Chiron on the Descendant could add to the fear of suffering through relationships

The square is not very close, but you may still have noticed that your Mother was noticeably either Libran or Cancerian - siding with one set of values against the other. The MC is also often a significator for the Mother, and it is bracketed by airy Uranus on one side and watery Neptune on the other, so here the air water theme is repeated. This conjunction on the MC suggests that you need to step out of ordinary reality and attune to as-yet-unexpressed collective energies to fulfil your calling in life - doing this with both your rational mind and your feelings.

The Venus Saturn square is not that close either, but Venus being within a degree of the Moon Saturn midpoint enhances the Venus squares to some extent.

Those air trines could give you an incredible grasp of conceptual frameworks. And they are between earth houses, suggesting that you can put them to work effectively in the world. Things like musical composition, the theoretical side of science, astrology/psychology, design/architecture, maths, etc. may be very easy for you. The problem for your Venus in Cancer will be if you try to evaluate and control life solely through conceptual frameworks.

The Saturn in the 12th house is interesting. It suggests that the archetype of self-discipline and responsibility has been somehow dishonoured by your parents/ancestors, and that it falls to you to redeem it. You may find that you can best tap into your Saturnian powers of self-sufficiency and focused achievement through activities that put you in touch with your connection to the rest of life. This placement has some resonance with Neptune conjunct the MC. There is a sense of losing yourself in your worldly work in order, paradoxically, to strengthen your sense of individuality. Though I guess at 15, this may not be relevant to you yet.

Does any of this make sense to you in terms of your actual experiences?

Last edited:

Andylop

Thank you Miquar, I certainly do resonate with most of what you wrote. Recently i've met an astrologer, who's also into shamanism, she told me that the Grand Air trine is the grand trine of knowdlege. She also told me that she herself is a 12th house saturn; she said saturn here had already traveled through the other signs, she said I was a very old soul and that in the future I would be one of the new age teachers to the rest of my generation. I must say I felt very comfortable with what she was saying...considering im 15 and am currently attending school, it's difficult to find someone to talk to about astrology or other things that are out of the ordinary. I feel alone many times, I have lots of friends, because I love to have fun...but sometimes It makes me sad that there is nobody to talk to (my age) on astrology. In that sense, I feel very mature because my aims right now are very apart from my firend's. Most people at school like getting drunk, smoking, having sex, talking about it, criticizing others behind their backs, bullying, excluding people from groups, making scences at school...and I'm just not into that.
This year my solar return chart has a Capricorn Ascendant, conjunct Pluto. I can already feel the energy moving in me. For example, i'm surrounding myself with lots of Cancerian people...and i'm not doing it consciously... I guess what I most need this year is people who are calm, serene, and emotional enough to calm me down when i'm most worried or occupied with school assignments or other things..

It's funny, my Mom is a libran herself, and she's a lunar gemini..
My gemini Sun conjuncts her Moon and
her libra Sun conjuncts my Moon

miquar

Thanks for the feedback. That's a nice contact with your Mum's chart. And with it all happening in air, it shouldn't be suffocating. I'm sure you have a great deal to offer as a teacher. If you worry about school assignments, you probably are in touch to some extent with the Saturnian need to focus on doing well, despite it being in the 12th. Perhaps the anxieties are to do with it's 12th house placement to some extent - something about feeling all at sea with regard to complying with the rules and standards of your society (i.e. you school for all intents and purposes at present)??