Saturn in the 7th House

iwatchthesunrise

I've got Saturn in the 7th house in Aquarius. What about you? What are your experiences with it?

I'd say that that it's certainly hard maintaining, and having, relationships.

Personally, I've always been so incredibly drawn to Aquarians or people with a strong Aquarius influence. (Which makes sense, considering that I am a Leo rising).
However, most of my partnerships have been a struggle, so far. There's a lot of misunderstandings and power struggles. Feelings of insecurity, on my part, and over-analyzing and assuming that the other person doesn't actually care, etc.
I feel as if I might have indirectly sabotaged most of my relationships.

Well, that feeling could also come from my Gemini moon (11th house) squaring saturn in the 7th and my Leo ascendant squaring saturn.

Sometimes I am detached and don't want to get too close and want to be left alone and sometimes I am too close and form an almost obsessive friendship where I am over enthused. Either way, my friendships don't feel "right." I've lost many friends mostly because I was backstabbed and lied to, or at least that's how I felt. If that wasn't the case, then I might have acted without thinking and it cost me a friendship, or I got bored (venus in gemini), or there was no real reason and distance simply began to grow between us.

Another way I noticed saturn in the 7th manifesting into my reality is my desire to be with a significantly older man. Just seems so...:love:

I'm not even going to get into how saturn in the seventh has affected me in regards to my love life, but I feel almost unlucky in real love. I only really know what it's like to be in unhealthy love affairs. As well as that, as of right now, I don't think that I ever want to be officially married. A metaphorical marriage sounds more appealing to me. I mean, divorces are on the rise people!

Hopefully, that Saturn Return at 28/29 years old really eases everything up.
:tongue:

If anyone can relate and share their insights, I'd love to know your experiences with saturn in the 7th or any of the aspects that I've mentioned.

If you've experienced a Saturn Return already, I definitely encourage you to share! :biggrin:

waybread

Saturn in the 7th or ruling the 7th can indicate disappointments in love, but if you learn Saturn's lessons, it can also mean a relationship with an older person, marriage later in life, or attraction to someone who seemingly exhibits Saturn's qualities. Saturn's lessons are patience, perseverance, and learning to get by on very little.

iwatchthesunrise

Saturn in the 7th or ruling the 7th can indicate disappointments in love, but if you learn Saturn's lessons, it can also mean a relationship with an older person, marriage later in life, or attraction to someone who seemingly exhibits Saturn's qualities. Saturn's lessons are patience, perseverance, and learning to get by on very little.

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I've had my fair share of disappointments in partnerships, in general.

I'm assuming that an older person would more likely have Saturn-like characteristics? Since they've experienced and learned more in their life?

I've been working on those lessons, actually! Perseverance is the hardest one of all, personally.

Robb

Hmm I got a Saturn in Capricorn and with a Aquarian sign. youd think that being in its ruler there would be more good to come out of it. mine is also conjunct with the moon, so whatever the issue is , I get it too :unsure:

well at least its not in a detriment or fall, ha :andy:

JUPITERASC

I've got Saturn in the 7th house in Aquarius.

What about you? What are your experiences with it?

I'd say that that it's certainly hard maintaining, and having, relationships.

Personally, I've always been so incredibly drawn to Aquarians or people with a strong Aquarius influence. (Which makes sense, considering that I am a Leo rising).
However, most of my partnerships have been a struggle, so far. There's a lot of misunderstandings and power struggles. Feelings of insecurity, on my part, and over-analyzing and assuming that the other person doesn't actually care, etc.
I feel as if I might have indirectly sabotaged most of my relationships.

Well, that feeling could also come from my Gemini moon (11th house) squaring saturn in the 7th and my Leo ascendant squaring saturn.

Sometimes I am detached and don't want to get too close and want to be left alone and sometimes I am too close and form an almost obsessive friendship where I am over enthused. Either way, my friendships don't feel "right." I've lost many friends mostly because I was backstabbed and lied to, or at least that's how I felt. If that wasn't the case, then I might have acted without thinking and it cost me a friendship, or I got bored (venus in gemini), or there was no real reason and distance simply began to grow between us.

Another way I noticed saturn in the 7th manifesting into my reality is my desire to be with a significantly older man. Just seems so...:love:

I'm not even going to get into how saturn in the seventh has affected me in regards to my love life, but I feel almost unlucky in real love. I only really know what it's like to be in unhealthy love affairs. As well as that, as of right now, I don't think that I ever want to be officially married. A metaphorical marriage sounds more appealing to me. I mean, divorces are on the rise people!

Hopefully, that Saturn Return at 28/29 years old really eases everything up.
:tongue:

If anyone can relate and share their insights, I'd love to know your experiences with saturn in the 7th or any of the aspects that I've mentioned.

If you've experienced a Saturn Return already, I definitely encourage you to share! :biggrin:
Aquarius Saturn in 7th House is in opposition to the 1st House
Leo opposes Aquarius
Therefore 1st House is Leo

Leo is the home territory of the Sun
so
not all those with Aquarius Saturn in 7th House are necessarily 'the same'

because
Sun may be in any one of twelve signs
and delineation is dependent on Sign of the Sun
and whether Sun aspects Saturn

another factor is whether any other planets are aspecting natal 7th House Aquarius Saturn

Keep in mind also
Saturn in 7th House may be in any one of twelve signs
Each of the twelve signs has a ruler
So each 7th House Saturn differs
and is delineated according to its sign ruler

therefore
generalization, although interesting, is unreliable :smile:

Iced8Ace

I feel like I've answered something like this before but here's a shot.

I also have Saturn in 7th house. Everything you've described fits the bill. The isolation I'm used to at this point. I have my moon conjunct Saturn, which doubles the loneliness. I can hardly complain because I like having time off but from the one I like... that's a bit much to handle.

I have a moon, venus, saturn and mercury stellium in 7th house btw.

I doubt myself often and more the people around me because people fall short for stupid reasons. Nothing is lukewarm in my life - I either like you past a point of functioning normally or I haven't the slightest regard for your romantic endeavors. I know what I want.

Impatience often gets the better of me. I've dated a boy for maybe 3 weeks and I had to break up with him. Men hit on me and I laugh it off, wondering how many girls they told the same dull line in sureness. When I really like a guy, he's never the flirty type. I too attract Aquarius' and it's annoying me because these men never verbalize anything of substance. Vague quantities of esoteric tombs. There's no trust there logically but my gut is steady. If you can trust a man, there is likely Saturn synastry going about or SN, even moon. He will feel comfortable and familiar somehow.

I've reached quite a lengthy post, sorry. I think Saturn in 7th behaves like an immature Aquarius boy, and I say this loosely... When they're young, these men tend to run away from relationships to avoid the burden of responsibility.
That's me in a nutshell. Granted love is very important to me since Venus is my strongest planet. I don't know. I think I'll hate myself if I give myself up for someone else. I love myself too much. Aries sun for you. :wink: To sum up, I welcome Saturn's conditions because it demands equal partnership. For a 7th house Pisces, it's very helpful since I tend to be a pushover at times.

Osamenor

Staff member
Great topic, and this feels like a homecoming to me, because I also have Saturn in the 7th, a Cancer Saturn for me.

Marriage late in life... check. I'm 39 and have never been married, so if I ever do marry, it will definitely be later in life. I did, however, have a 10-year long committed relationship, and the reasons why we didn't get married were much more on his end than mine, so it's not like commitment is impossible for me. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Attraction to older people... no. I strongly prefer partners who are somewhere near my age, and I would give equal consideration to someone older or younger than me, as long as they're not so much older or younger that we're at significantly different places in life.

Attraction to Saturnian qualities... not so much, at least in a romantic partner. What I'm primarily attracted to are Cancerian qualities. I absolutely cannot fall for anyone who isn't very gentle and nurturing. Everyone I've ever dated, or even had a major crush on, has had those qualities in spades... and interestingly, more of them have been Cancers than any other sun sign.

On the other hand, an attraction to Saturnian qualities does manifest for me outside the romantic arena. I seem to be on a life path very strongly oriented towards learning and growing experiences (other parts of my birth chart strongly indicate that, and that was my experience even before I knew anything about astrology), and I've had many teachers and mentors in my life... and the very best ones always exhibit a perfect blend of Saturnian discipline and Cancerian nurturing, being simultaneously very demanding and very understanding of who I am, what I have that can be developed, and what I need. Most of them are significantly older than me, too, so maybe that's where attraction to older people comes in?

I've read that Saturn in the seventh house indicates (or can indicate) a tendency to be very slow to get involved in relationships and to spend significant periods of time single. That is absolutely true for me. Even with that ten year relationship, I've spent more of my life since adolescence single than partnered, and I've never felt like having a partner was an important life's goal. When I was in a relationship, my partner was very important to me, and the relationship was important because it was my relationship to him, but being in a couple relationship in and of itself was not, and when I'm not in a relationship, I don't feel like I have to frantically search for another one.

I also have Venus retrograde in Virgo in the eighth house, which, if anything, furthers that tendency for few romantic partners and long periods of singlehood. One of the possible indications of Venus retrograde is being slow to get physically or romantically involved but deeply committed when the right conditions for a relationship are present. Virgo placement and eighth house placement help tell that story. Again, that's me to a T.

Osamenor

Staff member
To sum up, I welcome Saturn's conditions because it demands equal partnership.
I love that! Thank you, thank you! It describes my feelings exactly.

Equal partnership is exactly what I need, and I'm very adamant about it. For example, I would never consider changing my name if I got married, because it would make me feel like I'm disappearing. Like I'm giving myself up for someone else, as you put it (even if I might be taking that out of context).

One of my former boyfriends wanted me to grow my hair very long because he liked that look, but it wasn't at all comfortable for me because I have extremely thick hair, so I refused to do it. Another emphatically second guessed my decision to not shave certain parts of my body (won't get too graphic here!). Maybe it was that seventh house Saturn that helped me stand firm on those things without a second thought?

Lin

Every year I hate my Saturn in 7th more. Relationships don't get easier....they get more detached with age. You learn to be alone, even if you aren't.
I'm not a loner, even tho I have Saturn in an air sign in the 7th.
I have Venus and Jupiter in water in the 8th and I love romance (I'm a Leo) and socializing, and have great rapport with clients.

But in marriage....2 marriages and both with remote, detached men who could not share themselves or understand emotions...not their own, not mine.
AND the 2nd one I lived with for almost 4 years before we got married! So there's no excuse...except that after that "legality" was there he became much more detached.... instead of the other way round, which is what is supposed to happen!!

I have Venus ruling my 7th...but no planets in Taurus...but I have to admit that I was interested in some of the traditional percs of marriage (Taurus) because of my Cancer planets.

I DO believe each person must have his own authenticity, but somehow I picked men who need to spend a lot of time in their mancaves. I blame Saturn square my Mars in Virgo. Somehow....unconsciously....I picked these wrong men.

I know why NOW...after studying astrology and practicing for about 40 years. But back then I was caught up in other priorities.....
HIndsight is 20-20 as they say.
LIN

Love2Know

I dont have saturn in 7th... nothing in 7th and i am very hot and cold... i just dont like to show it because i dont want people around me to feel bad for my own issues. Varity is the spice of life. I mean i have a venus square saturn.. and 7th aqua. Saturn return in a few months... sag 4th or 5th depending on the system... this condition is also a reflection on our society and the me first emphasis that is all around us; very alienating. I can assure you a perfectly aspected venus or libra 7th can go through the same thing.. i vote it is a symptom of self focus.

Last edited:

waybread

Lin, if you have a bunch of Cancer planets, notably the sun or moon, the longing to merge emotionally with another person (ideally, one's spouse or partner) is really strong. Not all of us are so constituted. We might be described as emotionally unavailable, but in our universe, our emotional natures are fine, but we do just need our "down time" and privacy.

My planets are mostly in air and fire, with only one (Mars) in a water sign. Fortunately my husband has a similar mix of elements, so we get along well, with each of us happily spending some time alone, even though we are under the same roof most of the time.

Lin

""My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair" I like this and agree with it. And try to live it. Anyway, I digressed....

As Jane Austin said thru her friend "Charlotte"....happiness in marriage is purely a matter of chance"....LOL

And there is a part of me that believes that. But the thing you can't know ....even with synastry readings and compositie charts.... after you've known someone a long time....is ....how they will "age"....and if aging will mean growing up and accepting what IS...a sort of stoicism.....
or..will every flaw and shortcoming will become the "core" of their personalities and lives.
Will they resent and regret and be stingier with age....become the "worst" version of themselves.

Even a great astrologer can't KNOW how this person will accept their reality 20-30 years down the line.

So again, chance has a lot to do with it.

But you know, in the end, what it comes down to is the quality of the decisions one makes day to day at the stage and with the transits one has at that moment in time when one must make those decisions. Or....one BELIEVES one has to make those decisions.
LIN

waybread

Lin, I so agree. A difficult transit for one or both partners can send a marriage off the rails even if they are highly compatible.

Ask me how I know.

noori

I am aquarious moon sign , when my saturn was in seventh house it was so difficult for me with my partner .Nothing worked .All i could do was cry cry and cry. I even got into depression .
Still nothing is right between us

waybread

It seems like it's time either to find another partner; or perhaps just to recognize that you are actually happier being solo.

Osamenor

Staff member
I am aquarious moon sign , when my saturn was in seventh house it was so difficult for me with my partner .Nothing worked .All i could do was cry cry and cry. I even got into depression .
Still nothing is right between us
Is your natal Saturn in the seventh house, or was Saturn transiting your seventh house?

This thread is for discussion on having natal Saturn in the seventh house. If you're talking about Saturn transiting your seventh house, that belongs in the Transits subforum.