Right livelihood

Elianah

Place: Des Moines, IA

Date: December 27, 2005

Time: 9:18 p.m. Central Standard Time

Question:

What must I do to manifest the right livelihood to carry out my soul's purpose for this lifetime?

Thank you. :D

pwadm

Staff member
Dear Elinah

There're these indications in the chart that this serious question came at the right time and its answering by horary astrology can really help (early Ascendant & void of course Moon).

Usually the anwer lies in the natal chart, as a horary chart is targeted only to a specific subject or area of life. Also, as the last sepaarting Moon aspect was a square to Neptune, there is reason to think that you weren't really focused on the question or were somehow blurred. Please don't kill the messenger.

Radu

Elianah

Hmmm...

I'm kind of confused. It is the right time for the question to be asked through horary astrology yet it is better to refer to the natal chart than use horary?

Does this mean I should not be using horary as a way to better understand this very important topic for me?

Just a little more than a tad bit lost...

pwadm

Staff member
Horary is not fit for open questions like this one. And this particular question was not asked properly.
Maybe we might interpret your natal chart as if it was a horary chart.

Elianah

Okay, I'm game.

My birth data is July 26, 1958, Des Moines, IA, 3:49 CST.

BTW, what is the appropiate way to post a question? I thought I followed the instructions correctly. Or is it the type of question? I would have thought that a question that was defining a crossroads point of time (the actual manifestation of the right livelihood at this time) would work.

Maybe that's why I don't mess around with horary...it really can't answer the important questions within the limited boundaries it has erected for itself.

Summery Joy

Elianah said:
it [horary] really can't answer the important questions within the limited boundaries it has erected for itself.

That's true, horary is quite limited and that's the art of it. That's is why it's called horary, because it is based on the hour a specific question was born. Big questions like yours are not born in a second. We wonder about issues like this our whole lives. And for our whole lives we use the natal charts (and Progressions, Solar Arcs and similar charts based on the natal chart).

Maybe you did consiously think of that question at that hour you first provided, but is it really a new question to you? And do you honestly believe that you can get the answer for it in a few lines in this forum? I think not :)

But maybe Radu has a good thought going there with reading the natal chart as an horary chart. I tried to do it myself, and I found something very interesting. If we, like in horary, suppose that the ruler of the ASC signifies you, then you'd be Jupiter in your own chart. And where is Jupiter? Right in conjunction with the North Node. Your chart seems to be very insisting ;)

pwadm

Staff member
Initial question:

Elianah said:
What must I do to manifest the right livelihood to carry out my soul's purpose for this lifetime?

Then, the natal chart (time is PM).

Elianah said:
My birth data is July 26, 1958, Des Moines, IA, 3:49 CST.

When dealing with "what should I do" charts I like to have a look at the 5th house, where lies the action - that's a trick from a horary list.
Using Regiomontanus, the 5th house cusp is at 25Ari12. The corresponding Sabian Symbol for the antiscion of this degree should represent the answer:
VIRGO 5; A MAN BECOMING AWARE OF NATURE SPIRITS AND NORMALLY UNSEEN SPIRITUAL ENERGIES.
Lynda Hill says about this degree: There may be strong feelings of another level of awareness at the moment. Your rational mind is being overshadowed by intuitive thoughts and feelings. Your imagination is showing you a clearer path to knowledge. Equipped to see the invisible, you've penetrated into the mystical levels of the unconscious. There may be messages to bring back into your waking consciousness. Creative fantasies. This can show a creative, attuned mind that can perceive subtle phenomena in the environment. If negative - confusion or a lack of true perspective. Time wasted in escapes from reality.

So, does this symbol & its explanation answer your question ?