Inspiring Crystals

charmvirgo

crystalsrainbow.jpg

I don't 'use' crystals, or have any rituals, but they are supposed to have a positive effect if just placed in your surroundings.

I bought a book called 'Love is in the Earth - A Kaleidoscope of Crystals' that has a lot of information in it. There are different ways on cleaning or preparing crstals/minerals to remove undesirable energies:
· Take the crystal to the sea, or spring, or lake, or river etc and let the water wash over it and rays of the sun energise it. You can use tap water.
· Smudge the crystal with incense.
· Place the crystal on a large crystal cluster or mineral for 24 hours.
· Concentrate on beaming white light from the third eye towards the crystal, or surrounding it with visualised white or golden light.
· Soak the crystals in flower petals for 24 hours.
· Soak the crystals in brown rice for 24 hours, you can then eat the energised brown rice.

To awaken crystals, gently sound Tibetan prayer bells nearby, or a meditative gong, to stimulate the resonance of the crystal.
Charge a crystal by placing it in sunlight or moonlight, this is more effective at the times of the summer/winter solstices or spring/autumn equinoxes.

Programming a crystal means concentrating on using it for a specific purpose. Hold the crystal in the left hand if right handed, or vice versa if left handed. Formulate a precise phrase, which must be repeated at least 20 times in succession, while being mentally open to guidance, prayer and assistance, and allowing receptivity to flow through the centre of consciousness to the inner being. As the phrase is repeated an energy field will build in the pattern representing the desired program, while maintaining this energy field, hold the crystal over the third eye or the heart chakra and feel a connection with it, then direct the energy field into the crystal.

Applications of crystals/minerals:
· To assist in meditation, by holding a crystal in the hand or placed on a table, or in the centre of a group of participants.
· Manifestation - to assist in directing the will towards fulfilling a specific plan, helping the universe to provide that which is necessary.
· For protection, against psychic attack, or to surround a specific area within a protective influence.
· For energising elixirs that may be consumed, made using mineral water or distilled water in a glass jar or bowl, which has a crystal or piece of mineral placed in it for 24 hours, standing in the light of the Sun or the Moon. No metal must contact the liquid.
· Place crystals in an aquarium to treat fish.
· Use elixirs in the water of your pets, or plants.
· Wear or carry a crystal or mineral to charge the aura. Different stones are supposed to be attuned to different chakras. They work better if they don’t have a hole made in them.
· Place minerals or crystals in the environment to dispel negativity.
· Place at the end of a dowsing rod or a pendulum for divining.
· Use the laying on of stones on the body to realign energies or for healing.
· Use a wand shaped crystal for directional focus and amplification of energy.
· Place a stone under your pillow to assist astral projection or intensifying the dream state.

Apparently it is not just the piece itself that is supposed to have certain properties, but the shape or formation and the inclusions, some are natural shapes and others man-made.
Cluster, wand, terminated, double terminated, bridge, ball, tumbled, egg, bowl, pyramid, cross, ankh, obelisk, tabulated, sheet or lens, barnacle, nodule, crystal in crytal, phantom, rainbow, tourmalinated, dendritic, rutilated, etc.
· With double terminated formations, energy can move in either direction.
· Clusters enhance group and family energy.
· Barnacle crystals have a central stone with many other small ones stuck to it, the central one represents old wisdom which the smaller ones are attracted to. The energy assists in community problems.
· Bridge crystals have a smaller crystal which penetrates and extends out of another. This aids in bridging between inner and outer worlds.
· Crystals in a cruciform/cross shape increases macrocosmic awareness and assists in the removal of unwanted other-worldly influences.
· Fractures within crystals produce prismatic rainbows that provide additional energy, the perfect white light dispersed into the full spectrum, suitable for use on all the chakras.
· Sheet crystal is flat and quite clear, for gazing used as a window to access information from the astral plane and akashic records.
· Twin formations of two crystals growing together, assist relationships and balance.
· Dendritic crystal has a moss like inclusion. It facilitates a closeness with nature and stimulates recall of past lives.
· Rutilated crystal has very fine hair like structures through it. Stimulates awareness of the connection between the physical life and the astral plane. For getting to the root of a problem.
· A phantom crystal has left a trace within itself of a previous growing layer. It may be white or coloured. This crystal has experienced numerous lifetimes of being and learning, or represents phases within the same lifetime. It is used for cleansing, redemption and to form a connection to past lives. It can assist one in meeting a personal spiritual guide.

The colour and density have different properties too. Clear stones allow light to pass through and amplify, channel and direct energy. While dense opaque stones absorb and attract different energy according to their colour.
· Clear quartz is said to harmonise, synchronise and align energies and thoughts, clear negativity and activate energy.
· Lapis is deep blue and assists in total awareness and accessing knowledge of unknown mysteries and planetary knowledge. For energising the throat chakra. Placed over the third eye it can help to develop insight into dreams.
· Amethyst is purple quartz. It is calming, for spiritual contentment and peace, clears the aura for meditation. It opens and activates the crown chakra.
· Malachite is a dense green stone with variations and patterns of colour. For clarifying emotion, drawing negative energy away, transforming situations, enhancing the immune system. Good for stimulating the heart chakra.

There is much, much, much more information in this book about all the types of stones, the formations of shapes, the properties, the colours, the uses, the chakras, etc…

Last edited:
Beautiful page you have CharmVirgo, I enjoyed reading it. I love cats too I have three of them Tigger, Tango and Molly. I have a couple of the books you have - Instant Astrologer - great book I have enjoyed his interpretations and the astrology program is great too, you have the personality, relationship and transit features Bargain :) . I have the Nodes book too, saves time trying to interpret the meanings of Nodes in sign and house.

Great Page

Shining Ray

freedomlover

Beautiful! Absolutely Beautiful! I have loved rocks and crystals since I was teeny-tiny. Do you still have any of them at all? That is the most stupendous collection of crystals I have ever seen in one place!

The kitty is beautiful, too. What a sweetie!

Personally, I think the Devil you saw in the mirror represents the way you see yourself. You seem to have a lot of self-hatred - really down on yourself. Who taught you to see yourself that way? Somebody must have "mirrored" it to you.

unukalhai

freedomlover said:
You seem to have a lot of self-hatred - really down on yourself. Who taught you to see yourself that way? Somebody must have "mirrored" it to you.

Her chart shows Capricorn rising, as does mine... I can say from experience this comes naturally for us, us Cap's are too hard on ourselves and tend to be insecure. This is amplified by Saturn conjunct Ascendant in the 1st house, in its own sign.

Interestingly enough, she also shares the Venus/Saturn square I have, which I find can make one doubtful (Saturn) of thier own ability to be socially acceptable and liked by others (Venus). This is _not_ an easy aspect. Pardon me while I curse karma for putting it in my chart <giggle>

I can say from personal experience both these factors require quite a bit of effort of overcome, I know I'm still working on it.

Charm, that photo is awesome. Reminds me of the days I spent rock collecting as a child, my mother was into any sort of rock/gem/mineral/crystal, and this reminds me I should start a collection again. I miss the hobby! We used to go to the quaries when I was a youngin' and bring back all sorts of goodies. Being the strong earth type, I was all about breaking out the hammer and pickaxe and going to town.

Thanks for sharing :)

DoubleLibra

What a Beautiful collection of crystals... And I'm trying to find just one or two in New York City, which is next to impossible. I've been googling for Rock and Gem shows here in the city, but have found nothing :( Do you have any suggestions:confused:

Lapis

falldownfaintemo1ct.gif
Reminds me of looking at one of those NASA deep space photos. So very beautiful charmvirgo, and very cosmic looking. Thanks very much for sharing that.

BTW, the cats way cool too. ;)

MichelleAnderson

That was truly beatiful and I'm thankful that you shared it with us. I tend to really like crystals and find that they are very inspirational for me. I'm not sure what that says about me but I do thank you for those pictures.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

I know this is an old topic, but I'd like to ressurect it for a little while, just to ask how do you work with crystals. I've got this book Crystal Astrology by Marina Costelhoe, an Australian astrologer and geologist, she established links between each zodiac degree/Sabian Symbol and a crystal/rock/ore/metal. The book was just published on June 1 and I'd like to start applying it, to see what happens.
I've got some crystals. Now what should I do with them, besides wearing them in the pocket? :rolleyes:
Thanks!

freedomlover

Radu,

I'm no expert on crystals, by any means. However, I have a few "in general" things to pass on....

You can place them on your chakras during meditation. You would have to read up to find out which are best for which chakra. I know carnelian is very good for the sexual chakra, also sunstone, I think. Citrine, yellow topaz, tiger's eye are good for the solar plexus. Lapis, sodalite, - blue stones, for the throat chakra. Rose quartz and hematite are supposed to be good for the heart chakra. I think amethyst is good for the 3rd eye, maybe an all-purpose stone, as well. Personally, I love the energies of Malachite, which is good for the heart, and is supposed to open you to material prosperity. It is a green stone. I'm fond of jade, as well.

It is important to keep your crystals cleansed, especially if you use them for intense chakra clearing during meditation, as I described. If they haven't been cleansed before using them in this manner, I would do so before - and then again after.

There are different schools of thought on cleansing the crystals, and some take longer than others. I once read an article by a woman who suggested that you treat your crystals as you would want to be treated. So I cleanse them in cool/lukewarm running water. I just usually hold them in it until I feel a "lift" in my heart chakra - kind of feels like a little sigh.(That may not work for others, but it is the signal I get.) I will also sometimes lay them in the sun for a few minutes - but not too long. Other methods I've heard of (and sometimes used ) are burying them in salt overnight, or in the ground (gotta mark where you bury it!) or putting them in a tightly enclosed porous bag and tying to a secure grounded object, and then dangling it in a running stream. (Gotta be really careful with that one! LOL. Personally, I haven't tried that one.)

Well, I hope I've given you some food for thought to start you out.

freedomlover

flea

Hi radu,

I have been playing with crytals for a while. A prayer or two doesn't hurt to dispel the negative energies. Some crystals like Kyanite or citrine never never clearing. Other crystals like quartz magnify the effects of other crystals when used in conjunction.

I always let crystals move through a 24 hour period when putting them in the ground. They are dipersing the energy uptake back into the ground, so the 24 hours will pick up all vibrations. Again in salt I leave for 24 hours. Do not reuse the salt as the negative energy is held in the salt crystals. Mind intent to clear crystals of all negative vibration is important, and clean after each use.

After you have been playing with them for a while you become atuned to their subtle vibrations. They will affect your body in subtle ways. The sensations are very subtle and often missed to begin with. If you conscious are aware of your body and what parts of your limbs tingle, maybe your tummy gurgles. Also note your emotions as these will alter subtely depending on a stone.

I will hold a crystal in my hand before buying it. Often my eye with catch a particular one. I have actually felt stones vibrate in my hands like electricity or something. If it is strong then I know a particular stone is particularly good for me, or in tune with my energy force.

You would probably also be interested in the crystalline structure of the different crystals as they are based on platonic solids, that is more science orientated as in gemology, but also esoteric if your interest lies in sacred geometries.

I do stress the subtelty, it comes with time and knowing what sensations to look for. They are great for training yourself to become more aware of your body and what messages your biology is giving to your mind.

Love & Light
flea

Last edited: