Did I ask the wrong thing?

Since nobody has answered my "will I have another baby" question, I am wondering if I have asked it the wrong way or what? Just curious cause I thought I would have an answer by one of you talented lovelies by now....:confused:

Arian Maverick

No, I don't think so; perhaps you'd have more luck if you uploaded the chart to the thread and attempt to interpret it, even if you think you're wrong.

You may have noticed a subcategory in the Horary Astrology board titled the Recycle Bin.

It's not used so much anymore, but it's but you may wish to read through the guidelines in the accompanying thread, The Purpose of this Recycle Bin.

I'll post it here for convenience:

Dear members,

I have recently been made moderator of the horary section of these forums. Part of my responsibility in this role will be to move, where necessary, threads that have been put into the wrong category according to the nature of the question, into the more appropriate one, as well as moving certain posts to this recycle bin.

It is important that you read the announcement from Radu at the top of each horary forum, where he outlines what is expected from you if you are to post a horary inquiry. This is to keep the forum more organised. Posts that do not meet these guidelines, will either be moved to another forum, if they have not been placed in the appropriate category, or be placed in this recycle bin.

To clarify, you may find that a post has been moved to this recycle bin if:

* Your question has not been clearly stated. Be aware of the way in which the question is phrased, because this can in fact alter the way in which the chart is interpreted. If you are unsure about this, then ask.

* You have not provided any or enough background information as to the circumstances surrounding your question. Please try to detail as much background information as possible, because this makes it so much clearer to those of us who may attempt interpretation as to exactly what we are looking for in the chart. Try to make this necessary information at least a paragraph. Without such information provided as to the background and surrounding circumstances of your question, it is very easy indeed for the interpreter to go askew in interpretation, and this means that you cannot get a clear answer. The more information you provide, the more any interpreter is able to get out of the chart and consequently, the more you can benefit from such attempts at interpretation.

* You have not provided the date and time at which you asked the question, or the location from which you have asked it, which is vital for the drawing up of a horoscope. If you can provide the coordinates of your location also, then this is good, as some people's astrology programs require the input of coordinates, but this is not vital. There is a method by which horary questions are interpreted by the date, time and place by which the interpreter receives and understands the question, but as this is an internet forum, and your question may elicit more than one response, then it makes sense that we are all referring to the same chart, so please make sure you remember to note the date, time and location of the inquiry.

* You have not attempted to provide some information as to your own approach to the chart. Understandably, there are many members of the forum, existing or new, that do not know very much about horary astrology, but there are many tutorials and introductions to the basics of horary all over the internet, and your own attempt at trying to obtain insights from the chart shows a willingness to learn and a real interest in astrology. This forum is at it's best when used as a medium for inspiration and education for astrology enthusiasts, not a space to elicit free readings. I intend to provide links to horary tutorials for anyone who needs such information. Even if your own attempt at interpreting the chart consists of only a sentence or two, this is all that is expected from beginners, but please have a go.

If you have found your post in this recycle bin, then please edit where necessary according to the guidelines, along with a new post to indicate that this has occured. Your post will then be moved out of the recycle bin, into it's appropriate category in the horary forum.

Another thing I would like to mention, is please don't make posts where you ask for your question to be interpreted by a specific individual. This is not an uncommon occurance, but it is unfair to that individual, as all forum members have the freedom to choose to attempt interpretation of whatever posts they wish, and there may be those that would be able to offer you an answer, but cannot because you have made such specifications. So you may find your post in the recycle bin for this reason also. You are likely to get so much more out of posting a question if everybody feels that they can respond.

I will look forward to moderating the horary section of these forums, and I will try to do a good job. If you are unsure about anything and have any inquiries, please don't hesistate to contact myself or Arien Maverick, either via personal message or on the boards.

Thanks,

Draco.

You have fulfilled quite a few of these guidelines already; your question is clearly stated, you included the date and time at which you asked the question and the location from which you have asked it, and you even provided some background information, although perhaps a little more could have made the chart easier to interpret. The primary thing your original post is missing, then, is an attempt at interpreting the chart.

As I mentioned earlier, you don't have to be a horary expert--just begin describing the chart and write what you see, including suggestion of what all of these astrological influences could mean.

Another thing you must understand is that horary is a highly specialized branch of astrology that includes many components that natal astrology does not--or rather, these components are given extra emphasis because they affect the outcome of the chart. Many astrologers, including myself, are uncomfortable reading horary charts because a member expects an exact answer and holds you accountable if you have not interpreted the chart correctly. This would be stressful enough under normal situations, but much of the time, the questions are fairly loaded, and most astrologers are not too keen to decisively state the outcome of something so personally important to the querent (the individual who asked the question).

I compare it sometimes to working in a hospital and having to answer difficult questions from the family members of a patient in critical or unstable condition--except that I believe the job of the astrologer is even more difficult than the job of the nurse in that you are ultimately making guesses of the future, even if these are guesses based on sound astrological knowledge and techniques. I suppose you could say that a doctor or a nurse does the same thing, especially if the patient has not yet reached a critical point and is asked to make a prediction...yet although the doctor or the nurse is held highly accountable for the patient's health, he or she can't really be blamed if the patient doesn't recover because there is only so much he/she can do. Also, the "prediction" of the outcome, if it is given at all, probably will not drastically affect what the person does because all they can do is wait and see. This is difficult to convey, and I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job, but do you understand the general idea?

I am not a horary astrologer so I can't give you an interpretion, but I know that I would have to be extremely confident in my abilities to even attempt such a chart and trust in my ability let my interpretation be separate from the emotions I may feel while interpreting the chart. In other words, an astrologer's desire to see a positive outcome may cause them to see a positive outcome in the chart and support it with astrological evidence, ignoring any influences that may contradict this interpretation.

Yet this too is not good, because I do not believe it is any astrologer's intention to mislead whomever they may be advising--even if it is unintentionally. What if the astrologer said that you would become pregnant, and this did not come to pass as soon as predicted? You would most likely have your hope shattered.

Yet what if the astrologer said that you would not become pregnant? What would you do with this information? Would you take it as the ultimate truth of the Universe and stop trying to conceive? This--not the position of the stars--would seal your fate. Charts can be read incorrectly because astrologers, like the rest of us, are only human. Some may be amazingly talented and intuitive, but none are God.

Therefore, I believe that no one has yet answered your question not because they do not wish to help you, but because the answer carries such huge implications for you, your husband, and many others who are involved in your lives.

And if I remember correctly, the member pisceskitty asked a similar horary question many months ago and she thought from the chart that she would not have another child, and lo and behold, she did!

So perhaps someone will have the bravery and skill to help you, but please do not invest all of your hopes in a single chart.

Arian Maverick

Last edited: