Neptune transiting the Sun

VenusInAries

Hey all :)
Well I'm having one of those days..(sigh) don't we all.. I have a Taurus Sun at 19 degrees. I believe Neptune is currently at 21 Aquarius. Now I am mostly asking the Scorpio Suns - the Leo Suns - the Taurus Suns - and the Aquarius Suns regarding their transit experiences with Neptune on it but if there have been major issues with anyone with those rising signs please share or anyone with a past experience to their Sun.

Now in my chart I have a wide orb (but since the sun is a luminary no biggy) but still meets the orb guidelines anyway but I have Neptune oppose my Sun in my chart so I guess I deal with that energy to some degree already. At times I do believe since the Sun is my 7th moving into my 8th that I do project that energy onto the animus I bring into my life but none the less it's still my energy.

But this time of Neptune squaring my Sun has been most painful. Just in the sense of dissolvement.. the lack of feeling of tangibles etc. I understand each planet plays a role to help us evolve and grow and break out of any stagnate growth but truly sometimes with this transit I just need a break for it to back off.. my Taurus needs to hold on to some real possessions and say okay whew I'm still here and I'm still real..but I keep feeling the sand washing away from under me with no relief.. sometimes it feels quite maddening.

I found this article with a few quotes that I loved and would like to share them.. for those of you that have the time to tolerate reading the whole thing it poses for me some questions and ideas that I want to toss out and see what others feel and think as well.

Transcendental Neptune...
The poet … gains consciousness only that he may better obey the movements of the unknown waves which cradle him, and that he may widen, through consciousness itself, the limits of the unconscious. –Elie Faure, History of Art: Modern Art.

Read the full article here:
http://www.dominantstar.com/tneptune.htm

A great article I thought and it brought up things for me to think about and would like to know what others think or have experienced with Neptune on their Sun.
First of all under the improper manifestation the last one was dissipation of soul.... here is the definition of dissipation in the dictionary

–noun
the act of dissipating.
the state of being dissipated; dispersion; disintegration.
a wasting by misuse: the dissipation of a fortune.
mental distraction; amusement; diversion.
dissolute way of living, esp. excessive drinking of liquor; intemperance.
Physics, Mechanics. a process in which energy is used or lost without accomplishing useful work, as friction causing loss of mechanical energy.

Now what caught my eye is "a wasting by misuse" and "energy being lost without accomplishing useful work".. Since Neptune started this transit I have not been able to keep a job.. that is embarrassing to say.. I have always worked hard..sometimes 70 hours a week.. now it's like I have no drive..I don't care.. things seem meaningless.. I see people rushing to work in rush hour traffic then doing the same thing back home and they all look like ants mindlessly doing something for what? I have lost my drive and focus and desire to work and I hate this...again I think with the Neptune I already have opposing my sun that is my self esteem and it's getting lowered again by feeling I am "wasting by misuse" of knowledge and skill by doing nothing..

So there is the first point I am having a hard time with this transit.. next in line is deceiving others through false imagery and creating a persona that is not real.. when this transit first started a few years ago OMG was I ever doing that with men online that I was talking too and flirting with.. why I don't know..I have no clue..I couldn't give you one solid answer as to why.. lonely? NO I was married at the time..so I don't know..but at the time it was like creating a make believe world where I could be whom I wanted to be with no faults there..again not living in reality (Neptune)

Third point is drugs and booze.. I have gotten drunk more then I use to since this all started.. but by no means drink everyday or even once a month.. have I thought about using drugs.. honestly yes.. I just want to numb things out and check out for a bit..I have researched DMT and if I could figure out how to get some I would and take it in a heart beat..so since no drugs I use a fantasy game for the longest (no more) to escape reality..

Okay so reading this article I say ahh okay having a hard time with this transit because apparently I am riding the big wave of negativity on this one.. so how in the world do I grasp the positive sides of Neptune..seems so nebulous and vague..the creativity through imagery..huh..I'm not an artist..the positive forms of dissolving my ego where I’m not wasting energy..I just don’t' get.. has someone experience some positive manifestations they can share.. and also by blurting out all the awful negative things I've done and still do I'm hoping I’m shattering any fluffy pretty stuff of the false imagery I may have if that makes sense.

[article quote was too long, so edited and put in a link, per forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sag Moon

VA :
I remember you revealing some of your very personal hurts when younger.

I do not have your chart ,but would like to see it.

Anyay remember Neptune dissolves anything it comes into contact with.In it's highest form it's the higher octave of Venus.It can create as well as dissove what it comes into contact with.It's up to the person to see which way it performs it's function.At times the person has no choice.In most cases they do not.Oppositions are the hardest to deal with especially to Mars I think.I have that going on in my Solar Arc and progressed charts so I know that feeling.

It is also a psychic planet or may I say intuitive.It can enlighten those that are privilaged or are capable to open their minds and hearts to it's energy.

In the placement of the angular houses it can work difficultly.On the other hand once it has worked to show the person what they need to be shown they can assimulate what exactly the lesson is they are meant to learn.They can then use it for the creative sense.

When I look at the placement within th natal chart I hink of what Tierney wrote concerning it which is "where we yearn "Meaning what we seek for fulfillment" in so many words.That place which there may be a void.I have it in the 5th which to me always meant I wanted a lasting romance.Never happened. I also am very receptive to the overtimes of othes.Not having a big ego is one trait i think the 5th palcement grants.

I also am experiencing Sn/Ne square 9th-11th at this time.It seems I do not really have an ego at the moment.It can confuse a sense of self.

It is also a time when our energy reserve is depleted when in hard aspect.No matter what we try to do it just does not happen the way we wish.We jsut do not have it to make it happen.

The one thing I have learned about these transits is there is nothing but to let them pass untill we try to make change.Roll with them until they are out of orb.

I also think that the older we get the easier it might be to adapt to them.Luckily this is the square and not the opposition tht we are dealing with which gives some latitude for underatnding and adjustment whereas the opposition there is no p[lace for adjustment there is just living through iut and fighting it makes them so much more frustrating.

Having yours in the 7th I suppose there is a sense of loss in the way of not having anyone to understand your being or souls desire at this time.Neptune is another thing to me.The absolute loneliness for some reason and the question of when will it end type of feeling.That is why I study astrology and look for answers using it.

Another thing to remember is that Neptune is an illusion that we need to see through when it is working on us.Things may seem worst then they are and the truth is elusive.Don't even question or think about truth under a Neptune transit because what you percieve to be true it usually is not unless you are lookig at through the illusio that Neptune mist of the time shows us.

In the greatest attributes that can be given to a neptune transit is the creative spirit it can provide.Being able to see thrugh a vieil and relating what we see.Or the intuitive spiritual aspect ,the higher octave of Venus thing.Universal love and understanding,Seeing god for the mystic or emlightenment.Poetry and a sense iof universal truth.Convering the hidden meaning through artistic pursuits.

In the worst manifestation Drug abuse,lying ,abuse of any sort.Taking risk and loss.

The important part IMO is to see through the illusion and maintain focus on what is real.If you are creative then it can be a great time to create having the square.

I hope that all makes sense as you spent alot of time on your post and must know much of what I mentioned.

Loss of hope is a big time thing with this transit.Make new goals at this time and forge ahead no matter how difficult it may sound to do is the best advice and know this does not last forever.

These are all things I am trying to do also and what I am experiencing.

VenusInAries

First of all I love your response Sagmoon and my nickname (big smile sag's always come up with the best nicknames).. VA is nice :)

Let me give you my birthtime 4:57 pm Tucson Arizona (no daylight savings) May 9th 1969. Should come up with 22 Libra Rising and 3 Pisces moon :)

Yes I agree can be a very intuitive planet but also seems like a very confusing one as well. Since this transit of it square my sun I get confused easily. I don't remember things as well as I use too and my spelling ::giggle:: has slide into the gutter. But my intuition seems to gone out the door. Or perhaps after I read your post and worked on mine perhaps I'm not listening with the right ears? Not sure..

Seems though that having a 5th house Neptune would yes maybe give unrealistic ideas on romance but must surely put you thru the roof on creativity yes?

The transit square your NN and SN ..I always take the head and tail of the dragon as life path purpose and the past that leads the way to the new..so are you confused about your purpose? Sorry if to personal trying to understand how others might be feeling this Neptune feeling..

Your question as far as loss goes.. well I do look to the Sun as "father" my father is not there for me really and I think I do put Neptunian expectations on him to be some perfect dad that he will never be and I get disappointed. It's in my 7th going in to my 8th..the explainations I have gotten of Sun in 7th and 8th I can see both in my more so the 8th. I have natal Neptune in the 2nd house. I will say since Neptune started squaring my Sun.. I got divorced and my ex husband ruined me finacially and I am left with nothing literally.. so 7th house divorce? Losing spouse? Since my sun opposes Neptune in the 2nd I lost things..and money...I assume the job aspect of it all is because the Sun is the ego..and I feel lost as to purpose.. not sure..

I know with that article I found it was blatant that I was experience all the negative manifestations of this transit. My lying.. my lack of purpose..increased drinking.. desire to use drugs..ect.. oiy the shame I feel from typing that out.

Thank you for the considerate reply and sharing your experience as well Sag :)

The Neptune-Sun aspect (if I have your data correct) is phasing out, though the Saturn-Moon aspect is still in effect and likely making you more serious and morose and perhaps wanting/needing an escape! With Saturn-Moon, it's as if the emotional nurturance you normally "expect" from the Universe suddenly is in short supply. The end goal being, of course, for you to inwardly learn to nurture yourself better... Neptune aspects are notoriously fuzzy, so I'm not saying that Neptune couldn't still be affecting you, only that it should be a waning influence, especially in terms of events. The ego-wipeout and serious emotional "funk" are likely pushes in the direction of dissatisfaction with the way things are and to get you to incorporate more of your soul's IDEALS into your life, which (read below) will likely be an "exploder" for the current situation/circumstances of your life.

With Pluto aspecting Uranus and Uranus aspecting Pluto during this time, it seems (imho) that the Universe is expecting some sort of revolution to be going on in your life during this year. In addition, the SA Saturn = MC is indicating that this year is a likely "life milestone".

It probably feels a little like **** now...but post-revolution should find you much happier with your life and likely more on YOUR path.

Comments?

By the way, hello VenusInAries...nice to meet you! :)

redwolf481

venus in aries...lol I am going through a sun trine neptune transit till 2010 it just started....though the square must be hard...I feel for ya....hey venus in aries...I allways try to talk with you on youtube but you never respond...your allways watching soulgarden right

VenusInAries said:
First of all I love your response Sagmoon and my nickname (big smile sag's always come up with the best nicknames).. VA is nice :)

Let me give you my birthtime 4:57 pm Tucson Arizona (no daylight savings) May 9th 1969. Should come up with 22 Libra Rising and 3 Pisces moon :)

Yes I agree can be a very intuitive planet but also seems like a very confusing one as well. Since this transit of it square my sun I get confused easily. I don't remember things as well as I use too and my spelling ::giggle:: has slide into the gutter. But my intuition seems to gone out the door. Or perhaps after I read your post and worked on mine perhaps I'm not listening with the right ears? Not sure..

Seems though that having a 5th house Neptune would yes maybe give unrealistic ideas on romance but must surely put you thru the roof on creativity yes?

The transit square your NN and SN ..I always take the head and tail of the dragon as life path purpose and the past that leads the way to the new..so are you confused about your purpose? Sorry if to personal trying to understand how others might be feeling this Neptune feeling..

Your question as far as loss goes.. well I do look to the Sun as "father" my father is not there for me really and I think I do put Neptunian expectations on him to be some perfect dad that he will never be and I get disappointed. It's in my 7th going in to my 8th..the explainations I have gotten of Sun in 7th and 8th I can see both in my more so the 8th. I have natal Neptune in the 2nd house. I will say since Neptune started squaring my Sun.. I got divorced and my ex husband ruined me finacially and I am left with nothing literally.. so 7th house divorce? Losing spouse? Since my sun opposes Neptune in the 2nd I lost things..and money...I assume the job aspect of it all is because the Sun is the ego..and I feel lost as to purpose.. not sure..

I know with that article I found it was blatant that I was experience all the negative manifestations of this transit. My lying.. my lack of purpose..increased drinking.. desire to use drugs..ect.. oiy the shame I feel from typing that out.

Thank you for the considerate reply and sharing your experience as well Sag :)

Night Sky

Hi to both VA and SagMoon:59:

I´d like to share a Neptune transit viewpoint with you both. At the moment it has been quite mild but I think that is because i am tuned into its vibe anyway.

NATAL
Sun 25 Scorp
Moon 25 Aries
Neptune 27 Sag on IC

There have been times of confusion and frustration that I have thought I haven´t achieved anything become anything, it can be really demoralising.

Especially if you try to fight it, if you keep giving yourself ideals which are too high, if you say "well i should at least have a job, have a career, have this or that" you will be disappointed.

I think it is important to accept what the Universe is telling you, just go with the flow, accept life as it comes.

The poetry that you posted was beautiful Venus Aries. I might repost it just to see it again. I think that the best thing you can do under the influence of Neptune is to find something beautiful like poetry or literature or music or just something that makes you not think about your disappointments. Avoid drugs of course, focus on inner reality.

Transcendental Neptune

The poet … gains consciousness only that he may better obey the movements of the unknown waves which cradle him, and that he may widen, through consciousness itself, the limits of the unconscious.
–Elie Faure, History of Art: Modern Art.

To see a World in a grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a wild flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
–William Blake, "Auguries of Innocence."

Inside Out Orange

Technically Neptune hasn't opposed my 27Leo sun yet ... it only made it to 26Aq30 this year. That was far enough to oppose my Venus at 25Leo and my Moon at 26Leo though; along with some help from Jupiter. I should be able to tell you in about late March what when Neptune opposes my Sun and squares my 27Sco Jupiter ...

Just for the record ...
- I've found myself becoming a lot less able to confront things.
- Found myself drinking and playing the lottery more mid year.
- Most of my dreams and fantasies seemed to come together this year, yet noen of them turned out to be anywhere near as enjoyable as I'd have expected. Disillusioning would be a good comment.
- at the speak of my Jupiter/Neptune transits (along with Mars in late Taurus creating a grand cross by transit) ... I got a job with one of the largest charities in the country and it has a strong connection with the sea!

So here's to another year of Neptune oppositions ...

Last edited:

Nexus7

Neptune to Sun can be very, very undermining. I think. It can weaken health, as the Sun has so much to do with our vitality and - as with Mars - the ability to fight things off, as well being as undermining to your basic faith in yourself. There can be a lot of disappointments at this time. But - eventually 'it will pass' and you should keep reminding yourself of that - even if, as Howard Sasportas suggests, this can only be perceived intelectually, when on other levels, it seems less likely. In the meantime, you might want to keep exploring where it is that you did not feel affirmed earlier on and where you might be looking, inappropriately, for this now.

Last edited:
If you sun sign is well aspected, it could be a very spiritual, psychic time, but you may need more sleep than usual and become rather sensitive to other people's energies.

ALL depends on where you sun is placed, if it's angular and in your shop window, others will see this sensitive side developing.

Really need to post the chart pls

dub.tribe

Hi all,

It's great to hear your experiences with this transit! I really enjoyed reading and I hope for the best outcomes for all, and enormous personal growth.

My Sun (&Mercury & DC, all heavily aspected by other planets) are at about 27-28 degrees Aquarius, and the exact conjunction is yet to happen. However, I think can profoundly relate to most of the feelings you're describing here.

For sure, at some points it feels like having no consciousness and like everything in me and around me is melting, twisting, and has no meaning. I cut back on spending time with other people because of the alcohol and drugs that seem to be around everywhere I go. In fact, I moved to the very Neptunian environment - close to the ocean, spending all my time in the large institution (university), being around very spiritual people where, strangely enough, there seem to be no rules and no structure. And for the most part I am simply confused and very frightened because of the difficulties to adjust to this new environment.

Oversensitivity and inability to focus are the most challenging. I used to feel on occasion in the past as if I may loose sanity, but that was just a kids' game comparing to this beast :) My energy gets drained when I'm around many people, and after coming back home all I desperately need is putting earphones on and hiding under the comforter. The imagination is no doubt more vivid, and at those moments of withdrawal it feels like falling and sinking - it is different than before, now it seems I can feel those levels of changing focus from what's outside of me and seems I cannot relate to consciously, to what's in me and feels conscious and safe.

I am sure concentration problems are the result of Neptune transit Mercury, but nevertheless, they can be an issue - especially at the time of finals! My ex boyfriend, diagnosed with ADHD was describing to me how he sometimes reads a book - one word at the bottom of the page, another from the top, then few in between - not even being able to read a straight line. Well, I guess that's what we get with a challenging Neptune / Mercury contact :) All I care about is dancing and singing instead.

On the other hand, even though I made a huge step by going back to school to merge my technology oriented background with arts and psychology, I cannot yet cross that line and thrive... plus I have a serious fear of failing.

The initial hardships are disorienting, but I'll trust you on this Neptune transit being a blessing in disguise!

Inside Out Orange

The initial hardships are disorienting, but I'll trust you on this Neptune transit being a blessing in disguise!

I keep wondering (in that confused Neptunian way) whether it's a blessing for the longterm.

I read previously that Neptune dissolves Saturn, and it's certainly doing that for me. Most of the little rules and ways I run my life are disappearing; they've always served me quite well for keeping out of trouble.

I can see myself almost uncontrollably falling into what I would usually consider 'bad' choices. My big concern is whether when the Neptune transits are over in two years time I'm going to look back and think "WTF have I just done?" rather than "That period really changed my life and I'm now better for it".