A Scorpio Birth / A Scorpio Death

holly

From 'Sun Signs' By Linda Goodman.....

"One of the strangest patterns in astrology is the death of a relative in the family within either a year before or the year after the birth of a Scorpio. And when a Scorpio dies, there will be a birth in the family within the year before or the year after. It happens at least ninety-five per cent of the time."

So what do you think of this statement? True/False?

I'm usually extremely sceptical of statements like this, but in every other way, this book has been amazingly accurate.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It would fit with the regeneration concept attributed to the sign, but I think that's a statement that would require some observation. Which is something I don't have to offer.

Carole

Holly:

I don't know whether that statement is true or false, but I am a Scorpio and it's curious that, since I was a little girl, I have had the certainty of my death ocurring at the age I will have reached in almost exactly one year from now. Coincidentally, my first grandchild will be born in a few days, under the sign of Scorpio, and I am waiting to see if she happens to be born on my birthday also. There is no other Scorpio in our close family but me, so this will be interesting to observe.

The other thing to note is that there is a little boy who is a Scorpio in my son's in law family, who was born two or three (I am not sure) years before his grand grandmother died. I don't know if she was a Scorpio either, but I will find out and let you know.

Carole

Frisiangal

If you read the words, it's almost a catch phrase. By using the term within or after a year, you are taking in every sign of the zodiac, aren't you? So, in effect, the same could be said of every sign and this IS what has happened in our family.

F.

I am sure I have read this happens with a person born with Pluto on the Ascendant, either their birth will be life threatening or there is a death in the family or some sort of crisis at the time they are born.

Frisiangal

Shining Ray said:
I am sure I have read this happens with a person born with Pluto on the Ascendant, either their birth will be life threatening or there is a death in the family or some sort of crisis at the time they are born.

Well, that rules out my youngest daughter who couldn't wait to be born and arrived 11 days too early and a very quick birth, becoming a Libra Sun with Pluto conjunct Libra Ascendant instead of a Scorpio Sun. She was born 20 months after my mother's death.

F.

kiwikid

I don't think it has anything to do with Scorpio, although in one of the instances I mention later, he was a Scorpio.

1. My Mother died Feb88 and in the same year her grandson [Jan] and a granddaughter [Jun] was born, and my sister got married.

2. My Father died Oct94, 6 days before his birthday, and in same year his grandson got married [1 week after funeral] and my brother had twins [beg April] 6 mths later.

3 My Father's grandmother died in April1922, 1 week after her son died, and at beg of November same year, 2 of her granddaughters were born [both Scorpios]. No marriage that I know of, but haven't followed up her immediate family to verify if there were any marriages.

That saying of "there's always a marriage and birth surrounding a death" seems pretty accurate to me and I have seen it happen in other families as well.

Another thing that always happens, although it is not restricted to just families, and that is that death comes in 3's. This has happened time and time again with people I know and it's got to the stage that I breathe a sigh of relief when the 3rd one happens!

freedomlover

Adding my experience to the mix......
My grandfather, a Scorpio, died in 1975 - to my knowledge there were no births in the family for several years on either side of his death - unless it was some of his sibling's grandchildren (distant cousins that I don't keep track of). HOWEVER..... my half- sister did get married a little less than 2 weeks after his death. One of my mother's very best friends was killed in an auto accident, I think, the week after my grandfather's death. There was another death in there somewhere close, too. I was 9 , I can't remember the other person. I've seen the "death comes in threes" thing happen too many times for there not to be something to it. I had heard that saying all of my life, too. Is it a regional, national, or international belief, I wonder?

kiwikid

Another strange thing:

I had my heart attack on a Monday, and when checking out all data on heart attacks I read in a medical column that the majority of heart attacks happen on a Monday - weird.

The Moon rules Monday. I was told by the Drs that because the operation to unblock my artery and insert a stent was done within the "Golden Hour", I survived. [It happened while driving and was just around the corner from my Dr's surgery so was seen within minutes].

? Golden is related to the Moon colour somehow.
The dream I had saw me in a flooded river but made it to shore and I told the people watching at the edge of the river that I was OK now.

franklin taylor

Hi Holly,
I had brought this very reference up in a chat session on here once. I think Freedom Lover was there. Anyways, Linda Goodman's Sun Signs was the first astrology book I ever read. Like I told Freedom, that I, while at a cemetery decoration, discovered that my Grandfather's first wife died a day within the year of giving birth to my Scorpio aunt. She died from pneumonia during the Spanish Flu epidemic in Novemember 1918. My aunt was the only Scorpio in the family. None of my siblings or parents are Scorpio. My Father passed away suddenly a little more than a month before the first Scorpio grandchild was born. There is a lot of folks standing for that 5 percent of the time it does not happen.
I don't know of any significant deaths in the family following or before my brother's birth whose Pluto literally sits on his Ascendant Axis. That might be a general pattern as well it doesn't always happen. Nothing in astrology is for certain and absolute in every instance I would not think... just general trends . It does not always play out in the same way everytime. There are too many factors involved in each event and outcome. I just know that it worked out that way in my families' instance.
Take care
Franklin

waterlilly

Hmm this is interesting.

I have scorpio rising and have the strongest sense that my mother (12/November 49 4am Uk London )will pass away! apparenty I also have a pluto conjuct the moon coming up.

it's begining to make me worry about all the turmoil after the event and the unresolved stuff. in addition, my mother got close to a girl two years older than I, my mother refers to her as her daughter and, she is expecting a baby in march 07.

A friend of mine recently lost her mother and mentioned that one of the signs she got was her mothers teeth. When i attended our family festivities after not seeing my mother for a couple of years, her teeth were distorted. to a noticible degree.

I'm so frightened of experiencing this trauma and my heart goes out to those who have gone threw it.

I'm currently reading a great book on this topic and wish i had not been so non understanding to those around me that have experienced this. even when my mother and father lost there mothers in the same month (November) 12 years ago. i didn't really understand that loss although i was affected too.

any advice on dealing with this void?

sara31tx

My daughter's sun is in Scorpio and her venus is in Scorpio as well as her ac is in Scorpio so are her Chiron and Lilith. She was the first Scorpio Born into my family as well as her father's Family. Her Great grandmother died a year before she was born. Also, after my daughter was born 2 more scorpio's were born into the family. 1 in my family and 1 on dad's side. now we have 3 in the family.

Carole

Well, I am still watching. An alleged granddaughter of mine was born on November 1st., 2006. No one in the families died within the year before that birth, or within the year after.
I found out this afternoon, that my youngest sister had a baby boy on November 13th, 2007. No deaths in the family before he was born either. Let's see what happens until November comes again and the "after" period is completed.

Carole

Last edited:

autumnleaf

Add another to Linda's list:

My grandfather died in 2001 and in 2002 my niece gave birth to her daughter.

*guess I should've mentioned that my grandfather was a Scorp (Nov 1st)

kiwikid

waterlilly said:
I'm so frightened of experiencing this trauma and my heart goes out to those who have gone threw it.

I'm currently reading a great book on this topic and wish i had not been so non understanding to those around me that have experienced this. even when my mother and father lost there mothers in the same month (November) 12 years ago. i didn't really understand that loss although i was affected too.

any advice on dealing with this void?

Hi Waterlilly, unfortunately you're human like the rest of us.
There is so much I wish I had said to my mother before she died suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack. Losing a parent is something noone can prepare you for. It was the absolute finality that tore me apart. If I had another few mins with my mother or father, I would give them the biggest hug ever, that is what you can't do anymore.

I was fortunate in having my mother and father [not long after Dad's death] appear to me when driving home from work feeling really down. They were walking ahead of me, holding hands, and both turned around and smiled at me. It was really beautiful to experience and eased my grief. They were happy and Mum had obviously waited for him.

Also it was at this exact same spot on this road that I had my heart attack and fortunately just around the corner from my Doctor, which is why I survived.

While Pluto and the Moon can be present in your chart and sometimes will signify death, it depends totally on your birthchart and where your natal planets are. Pluto's transformations are not all bad, and it's corresponding 8H also shows ability to recover as well as departure. Chiron was very active in my chart when those close to me died at their own home. It's in my 4H Cap and natally aspects my personal planets.

Cheers
Marg

plutopassing

Hi. Just wanted to say that I'm worried about this too. I am a scorpio, my daughter is a scorpio and she had a baby on 9th November 07 (day after my birthday). We all live with my mother who is 88. She had been breathing heavily over christmas but on 2nd January 08, I found her unable to breathe and turning blue. I found her totally by chance because my "I think" psychic 6 year old son asking me to go and ask Grandma something at a time when I NEVER would usually have disturbed her as it was her afternoon nap time but I was about to go out and he insisted so strongly on me asking her if he could sit with her instead of coming out with me.

As you can imagine I was horrified to find her in such a state and called an ambulance immediately, which rushed her to hospital but I am convinced if I didn't go to her at that precise moment she would not still be here today. She stayed in hospital for a few days after that and is back now but something just doesn't seem right. I feel she is not going to be here for much longer, although she seems well but is not as active as she used to be before this incident. If we are nearing the end, then I would also want to know as we are not a family who hug or say loving things.

Looking at my chart and those of some of my immediate family, I see we all have major pluto aspects coming up to do with the 10th House or moon (which is the mother in a traditional astrology chart).

To tell you the truth, I'm totally petrified of what is going to happen and worry about it constantly. I'm scared every time I go to her room in case I find that she has left us. I can't imagine the pain I will go through when it happens, but I am trying my best to prepare myself emotionally, though I don't think that's possible. I will be devastated when it happens. I am trying to make every day as pleasant as I can for her, but I am living in fear and worry constantly.

Strangely, my mother also told me this story a few months ago, that when someone in a family is born someone else will die shortly before or after, although I had heard it before. I think she was relating it to my grandaughter (who was not yet born) and herself.

Within months after my son was born (who has pluto in his ascendant) my aunt (my mother's sister) died.

I hope I'm wrong this time.

kiwikid

Hi Plutopassing,

If we are nearing the end, then I would also want to know as we are not a family who hug or say loving things.

I wasn't a hugging type either, but when my father was dying of lung cancer and I nursed him at home, I was lucky enough to hug him then and also held him close to me in his last few moments. He didn't like crying females at all, so I blubbed in the kitchen instead.

Hugs speak more than words ever can and come straight from the heart.
But the care you are giving her now also shows your mother how much you love her.

Think about this - dying is something you do alone, all alone, even though you have people around you. If you were dying now, and your Mum hugged you, wouldn't you feel so good? Its such a precious gift.

As adults we are so dammed formal. Society controls us, the school system wipes out all the beautiful natural responses of a child so that they fit into the school's "box". Scorpio's can be so private, not wanting to show any weaknesses. But, Love makes you strong, it overcomes more obstacles than anything I know, and a hug is one of the best expressions of love that I know of. But are you strong enough to break that family tradition of not hugging?

hugs from downunder
Marg :)

plutopassing

kiwikid said:
Think about this - dying is something you do alone, all alone, even though you have people around you. If you were dying now, and your Mum hugged you, wouldn't you feel so good? Its such a precious gift.

Marg, you are so right, I need to think about that. Its because my Mum has never really hugged us much, as she had a very strict upbringing herself. Its not that I don't hug my own children a lot, but within my birth family its very awkward to show affection although as you said I am doing a much as I can to show I care in other ways. I know everyone needs a hug sometimes :eek: . You're right and I hope I can find the opportunity to show I care with a hug too. Thanks.

kiwikid

plutopassing said:
You're right and I hope I can find the opportunity to show I care with a hug too. Thanks.

Let your children lead you. Do they hug their Gran? Join in with them. It's always the first step that's the hardest in anything. But trust me, you'll never regret nor forget that moment. Night-time is often easiest as you have the excuse of wishing them goodnight and not making a big thing about it.

Your mother is so lucky to have you there with her. I have cared for many elderly people in their homes, and most had children who didn't give them the time of day. It's so sad to see that.

Cheers