Confusion over 12th House Virgo North Node Interpretation

magicalist

Hi there, I'm hoping a lovely astrology enthusiast will see my post and help me intrepret my north/south nodes. I have always been confused how to interpret my 12th House Virgo North Node / 6th House Pisces South Node because they are both in their respective opposite signs and houses therefore contradict each other when interpreting.

For instance, the north node represents my karma, so I look up virgo and it tells me all the virgo characteristics of my karma, perfectionist, critical, work etc but because it's in the 12th house, I now have the opposite karma which is the piscean qualities, day dreamer, the unconscious etc. Do you see what I mean? And the same goes with the south node, it's in pisces but in the 6th house so in effect the virgo properties come in there too.

How do you intrepret the north and south nodes when each sign/house contradicts the other? I would really appreciate if someone could help me interpret these placements. Many thanks.

Moog

You're conflating house meanings with sign meanings. Have a read of some classical astrology, this may help you learn to separate them.

JUPITERASC

Hi there, I'm hoping a lovely astrology enthusiast will see my post and help me intrepret my north/south nodes. I have always been confused how to interpret my 12th House Virgo North Node / 6th House Pisces South Node because they are both in their respective opposite signs and houses therefore contradict each other when interpreting.

For instance, the north node represents my karma, so I look up virgo and it tells me all the virgo characteristics of my karma, perfectionist, critical, work etc but because it's in the 12th house, I now have the opposite karma which is the piscean qualities, day dreamer, the unconscious etc. Do you see what I mean? And the same goes with the south node, it's in pisces but in the 6th house so in effect the virgo properties come in there too.

How do you intrepret the north and south nodes when each sign/house contradicts the other? I would really appreciate if someone could help me interpret these placements. Many thanks
Here's a link to a website that says QUOTE:

North Node in 12th House

There is a need for the person to seek the peace and harmony of a more spiritual path to give their life meaning. They are more likely to succeed with the support of those that can act as spiritual guides and give the person a more sacred objectivity.

South Node in 6th House

The individual has learnt that there is more to life than compulsive perfection and a routine born of obsession
http://lunarnodes.com/houses.html

Of course that's just one website and only one opinion on the subject :smile:

JUPITERASC

The same website provides interpretations for the North Node in Signs at http://lunarnodes.com/signs.html :smile:

- for example:

North Node in Virgo

There is a need for the person to be selfless and be of service to others. They are more likely to succeed with the support of hard working and conscientious friends.

South Node in Pisces

The individual has learned to be realistic and not get carried away by dreams and fantasy

Lin

Well, the contradiction is the hard part, isn't it. Which means for you reality is a daily battle, and keeping the focus on YOUR life, your needs is difficult. We all have contradictions, and this is a big one. Just having Virgo - Pisces energy anywhere is hard, and having 12-6 houses active is also hard. Part of YOUR lessons in life are about making the right choices for YOU. So that YOU are ok...without giving in to guilt or "I should haves".
LIN

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the link JUPITERASC, appreciated.
Glad to be of help magicalist - I found another site at http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/north-node-virgo.html with more info on North Node Virgo.

Useful as well as interesting to compare interpretations from different websites and whether or not their delineation resonates with your personal experience of this aspect. :smile:

Remember also to take the whole chart into consideration, since isolating any one particular aspect can lead to a less than balanced interpretation

lauren

Hi! I have the same Virgo North Node 12th house placement (I also have Sun sign Pisces, Ascendant Virgo). Can I share how I've understood this for myself? My most important contribution (service) to humanity will be in the Unseen realm: through prayer, spiritual battles on the hidden levels
(fighting for healing and freedom of others, but not seen), building the "Noosphere" as Teilhard de Chardin called it.... How to do this? By Virgo energy! simple, clear, light, clean, free, organized, healthy living.... Picture the joy, after a lifetime struggling through the oceanic deeps, to find oneself up on a SUNNY HILLSIDE, healthy, radiant, heart full of simple good will, serving life in small simple ways (outwardly) in the joy of having made it out alive! And careful attention to diet, exercise, and loving the body, moderation, etc. It's even okay to be vain about the body!
Not falling back into heavy, frightening, dissolved energies of the "underworld" (Pisceans so familiar with it), as we now have this under our belt..... We've been to the Underworld and back, and now can use the considerable power we've gained to release others, albeit, through total
humility, unseen, unrecognized, grateful. Not make a career of this Love.... the day is coming when all we've done will be recognized, but by then we won't even care. We had been redeemed, and carried that redemption for others who were frightened or ill.... that's all that mattered..... that love....In this placement, our hidden happiness
unlocks a thousand invisible doors.......

lauren

lauren

Hi Rick, thank you very much. What is your sun sign?
I will have some more thoughts on Virgo No.Node
Pisces So.Node in the coming days.

lauren

Rick

Banned
I have Aries Sun, early degrees, Mars Pisces 18 degress, SN Pisces 17°...
I really let myself go easily, and help others without a second thought...especially people with problems...I get dragged down and don't care, I know that there's o dangerous place in this universe, no matter how far I fall I'll be ok. Experience has not necessarily backed this....:)

lauren

*smiles* I really hear the ineffable Piscean gift in your words.... "There's no dangerous place in all the universe" -- beautiful -- and how that can be a problem too :) You have So.Node Pisces and also Mars in Pisces, that's lots of tug to selfless love for others, but discounting of boundaries... Perhaps for Pisces So. Node, (Virgo North node), further
advance into selflessness is to take back up the boundaries of a self in the service of the Whole... and to see this as a further step is a trick indeed...
This is what I have been finding. Dissolving further, letting go of boundaries (even in serving the "other") at a certain point only builds
the kingdom of fear and avoidance. But to bring in the Virgo gifts -- discriminative, alert, quietly active, optimal service, every cell in the body awake, gaining in health, conscious, purposeful; bringing order to the chaos of confusion and fear that is our culture -- and bringing order out of our own fearful past --- is a divine privilege! and commission! Two images come to me that represent the Pisces So.Node / Virgo No. Node gift: the image of Draining a swamp, and clearing out all the gunk, then refilling with fresh clean water; and the steadfast Beacon of a lighthouse. The wild dark dangerous sea, nothing seen, everything pulling us down frighteningly, and then, sure as day, that Beacon of light, doing its simple job, but oh so profoundly welcome. That's Virgo's soul (co)mission from Pisces.

lauren

p.s. in general, and for this Node placement in particular, I believe there is an enormous treasure trove locked up in the physical body itself, treasure trove of spiritual wisdom, power, freedom; Piscean nature can be so laissez-faire, relaxed, fluid, boundary-less, a strong radiant body gone to pasture :) but with Virgo's pro-active mind, and exquisite self-care and self-containment, the Sky's the limit for incarnating happiness and spirit, and excitement while here.... And consider; nothing helps the world more than someone in whom joy is alive.

Rick

Banned
This is really great, I've rarely seen such expertise and poetry in astrology ...we're kinda throwing each other flowers but I swear it's true :)
I also have Saturn in Virgo so I guess that brings hardships and strict obligations...I will come back to re-read your answer as it's so complex. Thanks !

lauren

p.s. what a perfect ballast Saturn in Virgo / No. Node Virgo makes for an Aries Sun! The image I get is of hundreds of technicians working day and
night on the base specifications of a NASA rocket prior to Lift-off. The fuel is there and fully sufficient; the dream, the desire, the quest, is there, single-mindedly on its target; all that is necessary is painstaking quality control (Saturn) on the component parts of the mighty engine even as it is fired.... Lately I'm interested in the process of clarification and manifestation of dreams, of deep desires, so my astrological intuitions tend to funnel into this .... I see your Saturn in Virgo coupled with Aries Sun a very powerful placement, if you can bear the sizzling power hidden in the painstaking details of your venture. And bear with the long days when nothing seems to be happening! Surely your vision is heading into manifestation behind the scenes, as you feel it more and more clearly, and I can be sure with you it is not a small vision, and is bound to succeed.

:) lauren

Rick

Banned
Wow that's awesome...I think you and I share a great creativity when it comes to astrology. (and you have amazing intuition too...i'll tell you why) , I too analyze placements in great detail and synthesize it into a well-thought out picture...
I've been on many websites and this is the first time I find an echo like this...:) Others on this site are very knowledgeable and smart, which is very enriching but you and I we share this creativity, definitely.

I've already noticed the Aries/Virgo Sun/Saturn combo, in Louis CK, my favorite comedian...there's the professional side of Virgo withthe explosive courage of the Aries...and Gulbis, the tennis player on the rise, is a Virgo with Moon and Mars in Aries...he's incredible, a mix of intelligence, calm, aggression and creativity.

So you're correct, I do have big ideas, and I'm slowly working on them, year after year or decade after decade, but I guess I have a dispersed chart because I have too many interests. One of my dreams would be to build skate parks from home. I already built a few ramps in the past :) Also every winter Im building snowboard jumps close to my house, up to 8 feet tall lol so the engineer and nasa image definitely fits. Ramps to launch people in the air :) wow how close is that...

lauren

*smiles* Well, not to get too off the topic here,
but I hear that fiery energy in you, that Aries,
and you have big ideas, Wonderful! Don't let
that Mars in Pisces dissipate or dissolve your vision,
or pull you into any kind of undertow..... Best use
of that placement is to feel with great strength and
joy how many people are going to have fun and
benefit from your dreams..... Pisces lives to serve :)
I come from the land of GIANT ski ramps, Norway!
I wish you blessings and true manifestations of your dreams,
Rick. Keep your imagination flowing, no matter what
your Saturn in Virgo says .....

lauren

lauren

I am a great Champion of Pisces nature, being only
slightly biased, Piscean myself. But there is the
shadow side, and the Dragon's Tail, the So. Node
Piscean angle, which I also have, with which I
am learning to be wise as a serpent, harmless as
a dove.

So. Node Pisces must be ever vigilant not to be
pulled down by the undertow. For this placement it
is not a step forward to dissolve into even a
momentary slough of despond! This is not
compassion, this is not Joining With Humanity in its
Suffering for the Sake of Love; this is ignoring our
true path of love which is to rise. It is breaking the
spiritual law to carry a burden when the Master
himself said, "My yoke is easy, and my burden is
light." Piscean So. Node and Virgo No. Node is
called to be light. What will make us feel good?
What will make us feel whole? What will make us
feel light? Learning to focus on the clear boundaries
of our Self, our light, (You are the Light of the world),
we bring well being to suffering humanity. As we
rise up and out, and begin walking on that sunny hill,
the slough of sadness, doubt and repression is left
far behind.

I'm particularly in love with Pisces. But the arc of my
soul is no longer enchanted with suffering and separation.
Vast humility holds a whopping shadow; desire of
absolute power (Oneness.) But for Piscean nature,
esp. Piscean So. Node, Oneness with God becomes
even holier by becoming Two; coming out of the
dark cave of dissipation and loss, holding Virgo's hand,
and letting her lead the way; letting her instruct us in
the more common way of health, well-being, self-care
and love. It's a beautiful combination.

lauren

Hi Passiflora, do you have a particular issue you're working on or particular aspect of your chart you're trying to get a feel for? I am a spiritual Counselor,
however, and not an astrologer.

Lauren