Help With Horary? Will I Ever Use My US Visa?

Draco

Hi all,

I haven't practised my horary for a while now and so I am a bit sketchy and out of practice, which is a shame, as I was progressing quite well a couple of months ago. I'm back on the scene to practice some astrology and I would like a bit of help. Goca? Anyone?

I was sorting through some things when I found my passport, in which I have a visa which entitles me to work in the US. I obtained the visa when I was meant to be working aboard a cruiseship, so that I was able to work legally when in an American port. I didn't end up going to work on the ship after all, and as yet I have no plans to be working in America. I do still have the visa however, and it is valid for ten years. I thought that maybe this might be a good incentive to think about ways in which I might be able to go and work in the states. After all, what is the point having the visa unless I use it?

My question: Will I ever use my visa?

Monday, 5th December, 2005 @ Blackpool 3w03/53n45, England

Libra rises making Venus my significator. Venus is right at the base of the chart conjunct the IC and the VOC moon in Capricorn. If the IC is our roots, home and place of origins, is the chart simply saying that I will remain firmly rooted where I am, and that's the end of the matter? Venus is about to conjunct the IC, it's next aspect as if to say "you're staying where you are and that's it. Forget it."

The 9th house cusp of foreign lands, is in Gemini, so ruled by Mercury. Mercury is in Scorpio and in a past sextile with Venus to just a few seconds. Is this saying that my opportunities to work in America have already passed?

Is there not a ray of light in this horary?

Draco :wink:

Summery Joy

OK. I'll take the shot. I'm still in the process of learning horary though.

I got the ASC in Libra at 20:18, the MC at Cancer 22:14 and the cusp of the 9th house at Gemini 18:20.

So, you are Venus at Capricorn 24:58, the job queried about is the Moon at Capricorn 29:47 and the chance of traveling is Mercury at Scorpio 24:50.

The moon is separting from a conj with Venus. I think this shows your past opportinuty to get the job. Mercury applying to a trine with Venus shoiwing that your opportunity to travel exists in the future because the visa is valid for 10 years to come. So far the chart is just describing the situation.

The Moon, however, is seprarting from both with will not make any new aspects before it leaves the sign (it's on the last degree and I don't know if this makes ok to even consider the question, but I'm doing it anyway :) ). This gives a no answer I think. Also, Venus and Mercury are on the same degree as Algol, a very malefic fixed star, and Lilith, which is also very malefic. These are not good signs either.

I think the answer to your question is that you will keep your mind open about working in the States and will continue to explore your chances at it, but you will not make use of this US working visa . So maybe you can get a job that doesn't require such visa or requires a different visa. Or maybe you will not work in the States at all.

Ten years is a long time though. Only time will tell. I'm hoping Goca will take a look at this as well because he's much better than I am at horary.

Theo

Banned
Draco said:
Hi all,

I haven't practised my horary for a while now and so I am a bit sketchy and out of practice, which is a shame, as I was progressing quite well a couple of months ago. I'm back on the scene to practice some astrology and I would like a bit of help. Goca? Anyone?

I was sorting through some things when I found my passport, in which I have a visa which entitles me to work in the US. I obtained the visa when I was meant to be working aboard a cruiseship, so that I was able to work legally when in an American port. I didn't end up going to work on the ship after all, and as yet I have no plans to be working in America. I do still have the visa however, and it is valid for ten years. I thought that maybe this might be a good incentive to think about ways in which I might be able to go and work in the states. After all, what is the point having the visa unless I use it?

My question: Will I ever use my visa?

Monday, 5th December, 2005 @ Blackpool 3w03/53n45, England

Libra rises making Venus my significator. Venus is right at the base of the chart conjunct the IC and the VOC moon in Capricorn. If the IC is our roots, home and place of origins, is the chart simply saying that I will remain firmly rooted where I am, and that's the end of the matter? Venus is about to conjunct the IC, it's next aspect as if to say "you're staying where you are and that's it. Forget it."

The 9th house cusp of foreign lands, is in Gemini, so ruled by Mercury. Mercury is in Scorpio and in a past sextile with Venus to just a few seconds. Is this saying that my opportunities to work in America have already passed?

Is there not a ray of light in this horary?

Draco :wink:

In order to accomplish this Draco - you will want to also use your birthdata, and the time of your original question or decision.

fensi88

Hello Draco!
I think your explanation of chart is excellent, I have nothing to add. VOC Moon- nothing new on horizon. You are not out of practice at all.

Draco

Hi Sore,

Thank you for looking at the chart, and I see what you mean. :( Looks like I won't be making use of the visa, not in the near future at least anyway.

Theo,

I have noticed that on the most commonly used chart for the US, the July 4th, 1776 chart, that the United States Neptune is at 22 Virgo, which is where I have my natal Sun.

I can remember studying this chart when going to work on the ships was still open to me, and I was impressed by this. Neptune is of course ships and the ocean, and it being conjunct my Sun, I thought this a very good sign as far as me working for an American shipping company was
concerned.

I am also Pisces rising with Neptune right upon my MC.

I haven't related my natal data to the horary, as the chart seems to give me a pretty clear 'no', in answer to my question. This is because I lost the opportunity.

However, I am intrigued by my natal Sun's conjunction to the US Neptune. Surely an opportunity I shouldn't have given up. :?

Perhaps if I am ever to work in the States at all, perhaps it is destined that this should be to do with shipping and the sea?

Hopefully the opportunity hasn't been lost forever.

Forgive my rambling. :wink:

Goca,

Thankyou for your encouragement. :)

Light

found this one whilst looking for something else

Draco: All that sea showing up in your natal chart.. and where do you live???? :shock:

Of course, I'm assuming you time you're horary where you are and if you don't live there at least you're visiting. :roll:

Seriously though, perhaps your meant to deal with the sea but on dry land? Perhaps you're meant to send others to the US on ships? Perhaps you're meant to travel - just not to there? Where else would you like to go? Can you fit that into your chart somehow?

Take care

just keep swimming!

hel