Mental Trauma and Uranus

dna

Wow. This and the Neptune article are very accurate. But I didn't feel so much with the Pluto....Maybe I haven't experienced it as of yet but Im hoping I won't :)

Lin

Pluto is a subliminal force, slow acting and irrevocable. It helps to study the charts of friends and family whose Pluto can be seen and studied through time. It's also very hard to study your own chart and those with whom you are intimate, especially when dealing with the outer planets.
The more charts you can research (people whom you know who will talk with you openly about their lives) through time, the more you will be able to "see" the changes brought about by Pluto, Neptune, Uranus and Saturn.
LIN

Belgianmoonguy

Mental Trauma and Uranus

Uranus in the Fourth House or Cancer: mental trauma can occur when these individuals experience an intense lack of emotional understanding, and a lack of nurturing, related to their biological parents. Through extension, this same lack is experienced as adults because of the displaced emotions of childhood. This creates a core insecurity, and an unresolved inner child, that can project emotional demands onto others in an effort to recover or experience the emotional nurturing that they desire. This can generate quite erratic and unpredictable emotional states and moods that affect themselves and others in adverse ways. These individuals will continue to generate environmental or circumstantial experiences that have the effect of throwing them back in upon themselves until they understand that the nurturing and security that they are seeking is wholly within themselves. This will occur because Uranus here will cyclically remove or radically change their life forced to learn this lesson. This can clearly generate psychological trauma. Subconsciously, many of these individuals have memories of many other lifetimes in which this same dynamic has been operative. This only adds to and intensifies the projected emotional demands and needs which in turn only intensifies the effect of not having these needs met at the most crucial of times. When Uranus transits the Fourth House, forms stressful aspects by transit to the planetary ruler of the Fourth House, or the Moon, or to planets in the natal Fourth House it can generate this type of trauma.

Hmm... giving others may be too much emotional power over myself... with Cancer on 11 (house naturally linked with Aquarius)... may be giving friends too much emotional power...
Nurturing within myself... still have to search that out
Oh well, i'm only 21... still have much to learn

Also I have to add that i'm having my 1st Uranus square... My natal Uranus position is 15°18' Sag and he's retrograde

Uranus in the Ninth House or Sagittarius: mental trauma can occur to these individuals by the very nature of their beliefs because those beliefs are typically at odds with consensus held beliefs. The trauma occurs through others who isolate these people because of their beliefs, this isolation occurring, through ridicule, persecution or outright attack In turn, these individuals can create traumatic effects for others as they challenge and rebel against the belief structures of anyone who is not in sympathy with, or supportive of, their own beliefs. Trauma can also occur for these individuals when traumatic experiences occur at such a level as to make them question the nature of what they believe in. This type of trauma or traumas have occurred in the first place because their existing beliefs can not account for or explain why the trauma could occur. An example of this could be an individual who fervently believed in a Christian God who, while in Vietnam, experienced his friend being blown to bits while reading the Bible in his bunker during a rocket attack. The shards of a blood stained Bible being all that remained, the bloodied pulp of his friend staining the sand. This person could then find himself in a theological /existential void of despair which will alter his beliefs forever. When Uranus transits the Ninth House, forms a stressful aspect through a transit to the planetary ruler of the 9th House, or Jupiter, or to planets in the Ninth House it can generate these types of trauma.

Only thing i have to say about this is that I don't approve of fundamentalists, in each religion... And people who tried to persuade me to their belief without listening to what I think...
Although in Europe, we're not so catholic as earlier, but i'm not baptized, and that's even an exception now... I'm proud of it... I'm atheïstic, but then again I wonder why i'm an astrologic fanatic. But then again, i don't consider astrology as a belief... more as a tool to learn knowing myself...

For the moment Uranus is transiting my 7th house and trining my natal Mars... For the first time in my life, i feel whole as an individual, i don't need someone else to feel whole... And at the same time, i enjoy my single life and don't feel any guilt when I have a short affair... More and more i'm beginning to think i'm not capable for a long relationship, but i'm only 21... May be i shouldn't be so hard myself

Kachina

Charmvirgo,

Your post touched me, in many ways. When one person can have so much power over another at such a young age to affect the rest of your life, is heartbreaking. I have always told my children, Let No Man, Woman or Child steal your life or light... Uranus breaks up and makes things clear for us, too. Through all your experiences, through all your journeys in this life, sorrow is the security blanket we take to bed.

Your Father is above the emotions for that moment, he knows your pain and sorrow, he knows how you feel, and he loves you, anyway...
Thank you for sharing...

It is Pluto who haunts me, this time around...
Cosmic Blessings
Kachina

wilsontc

Staff member
Who's the author? to Ray

Ray,

Who was the author of what you posted? Or are these your own words?

Wondering,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
forgiveness and moving on, to charm

charm,

I am sorry for the evil all these people have done you. But now it is time to forgive and move on. You can't let dead people control your life. Here's something to try. Every day say to yourself:
I forgive all rude/mean people, living and dead and ask them to forgive me if I did something that makes them want to be rude/mean to me

As Kachina mentioned, Uranus is also the energy of restructuring, or rebuilding who we are in brand new ways, Uranus energy makes it possible for us to see things in a new way or try new things we never thought we could. In your case, Uranus could open you up to letting go of the past.

It's also about creating NEW habits. Every day be glad that your tormenting half brother is out of your life. Give thanks for every day you have of peace and quiet after those long years of suffering. Enjoy the moment, live in the moment. The past is dead: we learn from the past and move on and that ability, too, is Uranus, which helps us separate from the old structures that are no longer useful.

Take "baby steps" at getting to know others. Go to a few social clubs, say a few words to some people there, get to know them...but don't open up too much. Just a little bit at a time. Hey, you were able to open up to all the people here about your situation, so you have the ability to be "friendly" (close but not TOO close), use the Uranus "friendly" energy to get to know some people, while still keeping your guard up so you feel "safe" and "secure".

Life is for living...don't let the dead past rule your glorious present! :)

Presently,

Tim

Michael

Who was the author of what you posted? Or are these your own words?

I doesn't take a genius to guess it's taken from another author.
Please give him proper credit Shining Ray! :eek:. However if you
wrote it, it would be a pleasant surprise :eek:.

I have uranus conjunct my moon in libra in the 6th house (of health) and I have learned over the years that there is something to balancing this energy that tends to make things seem unstable.

I am working, really though, thru pluto squaring my sun exactly (and conjuncting my natal pluto, that also squares my son) ~ so pluto tears apart and "rebirths". I am dealing with this, and knowing what the hell is going on with my life helps!! For example, just knowing that I will continue transformation and NOTHING may stay the same in ANY part of my life, for the next 2 years, at least helps me put things in perspective.

I have moved 3 times, still dealing with emotional change of not being an at home mother but instead a single mom, full-time student and worker, with NO father in sight, and I could go on and on and on!!!!!

I have enough connection with pluto, that I will get thru this and I will love pluto for it too ~ I am just surprised that uranus is giving me such a jolt because my partner that I have been serious with for awhile now, is being tugged her way, making him deeply independant and distant ~ ugh!

Unfortunately, as if my work thru pluto wasn't enough, his sun/uranus transit, is creating that feeling of, DAILY, change, to where, I know what you mean; there is NO calm from the storm, there is nothing constant ~ my taurus rising is wacked out ~ but I am a Sagitarius Sun, so my optimism will pull me thru somehow!! - I have so much optimism, in spite of it all, I even have some left for you if you want some, let me know ~ as I will be happy to send some to you :)

-Take Care, I look forward to connecting again, I have many virgo friends :)
(and in fact, my partner is one too ~ wish he didn't have uranus conjunct his sun though!!)

ginkgoman

Wow Ray, I can read all those house placements of uranus and feel I'm touched by that nasty hand in each example. Though somehow escaping the worst of it each time. (Maybe coz there's no real aspect) Most, 6 of my planets, are closely huddled together in my first house including my aquarian sun. All are in near opposition to uranus in Leo in my 8th house ( though no direct aspect occuring). The only real aspect uranus is having is a square with my MC (Scopio). It dosen't help matters much that my moon 7th house(cancer) IS in opposition 5 ways. to my Asc, sun, saturn, mars and venus. Is it that I'm experiencing each and every transit of uranus in a near negative way because I have many planets (the bulk of my chart) in near opposition to him? or... is it just my aquarius sun that's making problems with uranus in leo? I really don't know enough yet to identify where the dangers are... what planets or aspects are the source of my difficulties. But I'll bet that my afflicted moon is one. Heheheee... I'm hoping that studying astrology will help me make the most of what I have to work with on the plus side..... and help me to prepare and ride out the storms during the nasty times.

ginkgoman

Thank you Ray for the quick reply. I only just became a member. I can see there is so much I need to learn. I'm happy to have stumbled on this site. When I have a little more free time, maybe during the holiday, I will formally introduce myself to the community, etc. It's such a great site and I'm sure I will be investing more and more time here in the future. For now, thanks for ur reply and may I compliment you on all the time you seem to be spending assisting others in this community. I know being online eats up a lot of personal time. You, and I'm sure many others, are doing a wonderful service to this community.

Kingsley

Yes, I have Uranus in the 3rd house too along with Pluto. The self generating stress and alienation described by Green is most similar to the cognitive uniqueness of ADHD. I am not saying that Uranus in the 3rd is ADHD, however the similarities in the styles of thinking beteen Uranus in 3rd and ADHD are symptomatically similar.

Uranus in the third can literally mean disruption in schooling, and learning process. However the learning may take a different path and lateral thinking processes that may take many learning systems into account in order to establish a unique or individual style of learning such as being self taught, experiential learning or learning via 'osmosis'.

Also in the 3rd the sibling factor becomes important too because we learn much about ourselves and relationships through our siblings. If there is a disruption or disconnection via the 3rd in developmental times the outcome is for quite extraordinary concepts of understanding about self and other.

Usually the work or therapy required for a person with problematic Uranus/3rd house issues are:

1. give permissions "to be", that they can learn their own way.
2. Cognitive Therapy in an area the person can apply theory to their own thinking styles (can be finding the right therapist).
3. Getting the person to follow through with linking here and now cognitive theories to their own styles of thought (behavioural Therapy. By writing/drawing and structuring their expressive abilities so that others can understand clearly. In that way they feel less alienated. Being ok with how words come out (are spelt) in less structured places such as internet forums is very useful practicing to accept any dyslexia going on.

I used structure unwittingly by being self taught in many areas of my life and then implementing that in some career persuit. I have had several major career changes and in all cases have learned to express my creativity and uniqueness through involving that type of structure (matrix).

Utilizing elements of structure is all important because when there is a markably reduced sense alienation for the person (less symptoms), the person can excell in whatever field they might like to show their "difference".

In my case, I became a therapist of the very best ecclectic kind.

kingsley

Kingsley

Shining Ray said:
Hi Kingsley thanks for some of your insights on Uranus.

The thinking style may be similar to ADHD, I think it also depends on how our thinking is received one person may think us the fool and another may think us the genius :D . Some people back off from thinking which is too different.

Oh well let them think what they want Shining Ray. Perhaps it is both fool and genius? I am sure others wil have some degree of difficulty trying to place these types of individuals in their own minds. What to do? Believe in their "genius" or not? Perhaps that is best left to the Uranian 3rd House person to decide eventually. To rebel or no to rebel. Years ago my Dad called me a slow learner and I have been called a genius at least once in my life. These days I don't think about my 'difference' too much and instead, just "do" it rather normally.

kingsley

Kingsley

I like to keep them guessing Ray. However that may also creates some problems; that is, if the doubting thomas's wish to start a testing process. It can be frustrating to get little tests here and there when others do not believe in 3rd house genius Ray. The possibility of alien-ation returns.

It is hard when others do not believe, misunderstand and get 3rd house Uranus people wrong Ray. If one decides to feel dejected by that, they are entering into the alienation and possibly reinforcing that profile once again. The trick is sidestepping peoples inadequacy at accepting "uniqueness". I think it would be frustrating being a non 3rd house uranus person Ray.

kingsley

Arian Maverick

I just remembered I think my Uranus is stationary in 3rd Scorpio. I will have to double check it. But stationary planets can act compulsively and I am obsessed with Astrology, needing to explore it very deeply. This may add extra emphasis to my 3rd house Uranus. If it is stationary - I always forget check

Shining Ray, I didn't know you had a stationary Uranus! :eek:

Is it stationary retrograde or stationary direct? I'm particularly curious because I have a stationary retrograde Uranus in my tenth house conjunct my Midheaven; do you suppose its apparent "nonmotion" in the sky may indicate a stronger influence? The little information I have read about stationary planets seem to indicate that they are unusually powerful, but I'm hesitant to state this decisively...

Also, have you checked the declination of your natal Uranus and the other planets in your chart? I don't know if this has any specific meaning, but if Uranus is out-of-bounds, it may have an even more "compulsive" and "obsessive" influence.

Unfortunately, the Declinations Calculator doesn't seem to be working...:(

EDIT: I just discovered that the additional tables provided by Astrodienst for a natal chart list the declination for each planet, and these can be entered into the Declinations Convertor to determine if a planet is out-of-bounds.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Kingsley

Uranus does take some time "coming about" (nautical term) in direction. Mine Uranis is 00 01 rx and 15 days after my birth it goes direct. I would imagine the outer planets remaining stationary for some time before picking up motion again. I always alikenned the stationary direct/retro planet making a point in some manner. Perhaps with Uranus' correlation to flight it could be similar to creating weightlessness, that point where a jet aicraft is on a specially designed flight arc to produce a floating-non gravity effect inside the plane.

I think that would be fun to get weightless like that.

kingsley

Arian Maverick

I would imagine the outer planets remaining stationary for some time before picking up motion again.

If my memory serves me correctly, the outer planets only station for two weeks, which is not a considerable amount of time considering the length of the transits...

I'll have to double-check this to be sure, though.

Arian Maverick

Kingsley

Very well said Shining Ray. I always view Uranus as an arial or even a radio telescope kind of device. It shows how one "picks things up" like a radio ham opperator searching the air waves. The frequenct that Uranus opperates on is not like Saturn, Saturn is real worldy and in the third can be like two tin cans and a poece of string; hard to make out what is being said. I am sure you already know this and after writing all below, perhaps you were having a Uranus in the 3rd moment?

Enjoying these discussions

Cheers

Kingsley

Arian Maverick

A stationary planet indicates of powerful focus or concentration of energy which may dominate all other planetary energies in a chart because of it's compulsive or obsessive nature. A person may easily become stuck in a pattern in expressing this particular in a blind and rigid manner, at the expense of satisfying other parts of his or her personality, on the other hand he or she may use the concentrated energy to achieve in whatever house it functions in the chart.

This is a bit of a paradox, as I usually associated Saturn with "a person [who] may easily become stuck in a pattern in expressing this particular in a blind and rigid manner" and think of Uranus--the first trans-Saturnian planet--as breaking free from these constraints.

Yet now that I think of this more carefully, I suppose a person can become "stuck in a pattern in expressing" unorthodox originality "in a blind and rigid manner," although I don't usually think of Uranus as being blind and rigid.

I don't know if I can impose the nature of Aquarius onto Uranus although this planet has become the accepted ruler of Aquarius, but it in interesting to ponder that Aquarius is a fixed sign and may therefore express some of the rigidity inherent in all fixed signs.

Yet this same logic does not apply as well to Saturn, whose traditional ruler is Capricorn--a cardinal sign better known for getting things started than sticking blindly to a particular course of action. Perhaps the natures of a particular planet and its ruler are more different than modern astrology suggests...

I also think it's interesting that we both have stationary Uranus near an angle--mine in conjunct the Midheaven and yours is near the Nadir, although I believe it's still far enough away to be considered in the third house.

on the other hand he or she may use the concentrated energy to achieve in whatever house it functions in the chart.

Again, this seems to be something of a contradiction when applied to the energies of Uranus, which I believe are more scattered than "concentrated"--again this seems more of the nature of Saturn than Uranus.

So, I believe this influence will make me successful in completely disrupting (Urannus) my future career (Midheaven) :rolleyes:

Arian Maverick

Kingsley

Shining Ray

I just had a glimpse of your chart in the profile section. I would tend towards seeing your Uranus in the 4th house. The angle draws it some what closer to the 4th that is. You may know or experience Uranus's presence at that area of your chart the best. I also noticed that your angle degrees are the same as mine, except for the fact that my Asc degree is 27 Taurus.

I am wondering whether you have experienced any effect from the past series of eclipses in virgo and more importantly when Venus and Saturn transitted over 5 degrees Virgo after the eclipse?

warmly

Kingsley