Astrology Software

jyotishi

Hi Friends,
Which astrology software (pro. ver.) you need most & not getting in the big ocean of great net? please mention.
Yours
jyotishi

AineB

I use astrolog on my linux machine.. and have kepler on my m$ one, I haven't tried installing it thru WINE on my linux machine yet. I feel for you Vista users.. it's complete ****! LOL! Oh and don't forget.. if you are using XP, m$ no longer supports it!!! I've used Solar Fire in the past, but once I found Kepler I found it better than SF.. user preference though! :)

cjc

I just got word from Matrix support that there is DEFINITELY a problem with m$ vista and some of their software.

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because of the trouble you have been having I returned to the testing machines and ran both reports on our xp machine and compared it to what I was getting on the Vista machine and with the latest installs I am getting the same results as you. The Vista report is significantly shorter than the xp one."
[/FONT]
For those of you who have a vista machine, double check your software! Pull down some freeware and compare results. I know I have sent out bad reports.

Who knows how many changes m$ has made to this os since they introduced it. I have had this garbage for 8 months and my "update" history is 3 screens long. I had to reboot this morning because of an "update" and see that since then, there is another "update" waiting to be installed! Would we tolerate this nonsense from an automaker?

Let's face it folks, a lot of us advise others based on what we get from our computers. We need accuracy. I don't know how many of you were around in the days when we had to do every chart by hand... We thought computers would help... but along comes m$....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Astrofire

Canopus, which Radu mentioned a while ago, and which starbuck couldn't find, apparently doesn't exist any more.

Instead, they (Clairvision School) have a free online software - called Clairvision Virtual Astrologer.

http://astrology.clairvision.org

I've used it a few times, it's really good, heaps of features, including a great interpretation that you can download as a pdf. One thing I like is that in a natal chart, you can click on a planet and get a pop-up just about that planet.

There are heaps, like heaps of options - so if you don't know which item to choose on any menu, pick the one at the top.

The site also has a bunch of slide show lessons for free. The first one is an intro to using the program.

J.Lily

So thats why theres been something funky with my winstar. I haven't even bothered to install my win writer program, I have mostly been looking at astro.com for charts with progressions and or solar returns because I knew there was a problem with it, and it was ever sience we got the new computer!!(yes its Vista I was a saturnian cheapie) I may check out some of these above mentioned free sites thanks.
J.Lily

Abha

Summer Joy

I was just going through your post for an astrology software. I know of one which is a very user friendly software and has longitude and latitudes of all major cities of the world and a provision to add more as well. It is baed on Indian Vedic Astrology and has detailed calculations, predictions, and various tools of astrology for prediction. I am enclosing a sample of the same also.

Abha
http://horoscope.futurepointindia.com

Attachments

• Sample.pdf
    15.8 KB · Views: 75

balu

Try "jagannathahora", its a non-commercial freeware. I dont remember from which site i have downloaded it. well i think googling a bit might help you.

estrella

Re: janus 4

Now is the time to download the 30 days free trial version of Janus 4, the new version of Janus, available now (since December). I totally loved Janus 3, I thought it's perfect, but Janus 4 gives even more.
www.astrology-house.com

I have Janus 4. I like it. I think that it is solid software for the price. It never crashes. It is accurate. It has a wide range of features.

There are a couple of little things that annoy me though. The main one being that you can't incorporate arabic parts into a chart. It will calculate lots of them and give you a table of their positions, but there is no way to visually incorporate the parts into a chart or see aspects related to the arabic parts.

Also, I wish the electional mode would let you specify more detailed parameters.

Overall, I'd give this software a solid B grade. But I'm ready for more bells and whistles so someday I will upgrade to either Kepler or Sirius.

atrapos

No one has mentioned starfisher free astrology software. It a total working program thats free. It seems to have a lot to offer a beginning and more advanced astrologer

BOOGY99

free horary astrology software

Hi

I am now learning horary, i found this free download which may be of interest to people who are learning it.

not sure if it is any good yet, but thought i would like to share this. :smile:

Horary Helper

A Program for Horary Astrology

Spiritual astrology can help you understand yourself and others better. With greater understanding we can all get along much more harmoniously. This enhances the quality of life and helps our soul growth. If you would like a program that teaches and calculates data for horary astrology, then please download Horary Helper.
Horary Helper also has many tutorials on horary astrology.
NOTE: Download and double-click on Horary Helper to install the program.
Horary Helper v5.00, 1,662,273, 22 December 2009.

REVISION HISTORY

Version 5.00 - 22 Dec 2009
1. Released.