Past life time & Zodiac Correlations- A.T.Mann's Theory

Bobbi

Hello Everybody,

I checked out this link on this site re: Past Lives in our Charts
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/astrology-time-zodiac.php

Can anybody confirm for me that A.T. Man states that we can see up to 10 + 2(ASC,MC) past lives in our charts, in relation to each planets degree, NOT just the last PREVIOUS Life. Also I'm having trouble working out how the minutes are calculated for the year. In the example he quotes 18 Deg 49' Virgo brings you to a date of 41 AD, 18 Deg exactly gives the year 10AD and 19 Deg exactly gives the year 48 AD, the minutes obviuosly change the date , BUT I CAN"T work the formula out. Am I making sense? Can anybody shed any light for me ?
Shanti :confused:
Bobbi

Arian Maverick

I wrote a nice little introduction before this post before accidentally clicking out of the window and losing it all, so I hope you don't mind if I jump right into solving the given example.

18 Virgo 49 was is between 18 Virgo and 19 Virgo, so I first looked up for the dates given for each of these degrees.

These two dates were 10 AD and 48 AD.

Next, I determined how many years were between these two dates:

48 - 10 = 38

Thirdly, I converted 18 Virgo 49 into a fraction, leaving off the 18 Virgo because I've already got this covered with the numbers I'm using. 49 refers to how many minutes are after the degree, and since there are 60 minutes in an hour, I turned this into a fraction.

49/60

I then multiplied 49/60 by 38, the number yielded in the second step.

49/60 x 38 = 31 1/30

Finally, I added 10 years to 31 1/30 because 10 AD was the starting date to which the fraction of the distance between the two numbers was to be added.

31 1/30 + 10 = 41 1/30

You could probably figure out the month and even the day using a similar process, but the example gave 41 AD, so we'll stop here.

I hope this helps! ;)

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

By the way, if anyone's trying to figure out the year associated with a particular planetary placement but is having trouble following these directions, just post the exact planetary degree here (rounded to the nearest minute, NOT second, please), and I'll try calculating it for you.

EDIT: Be very careful if any of the years are in BCE; the "negative" numbers can really make the calculations tricky, and I accidentally added the end number to the later year instead of the earlier year because I'm not used to dealing with negative numbers. In any year before the common era (BC or BCE), the earlier year is the one that is larger when you take away the negative sign in front of it.

Be especially careful with the positive and negative signs; one small mistake can completely mess up the end result. I learned this the hard way because I like taking shortcuts :rolleyes:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Bobbi

Hi Arian Maverick,
Wow!!!! Im impressed to. I sat with it for hours yesterday and did a couple of x,+,divide by etc, but just kept going around in circles. I knew someone would be able to do it, and it was YOU. Thankyou very very much Arian, your help has been magnificent.
L & L
Bobbi

Arian Maverick

Arian you are astrology community's mathematician :cool:

Sure, I'll accept that role...as long as I have the license to make mistakes! :p

Radu, I found a couple of past life threads, if anyone is interested I don't know if these contain the A.T mann theories.

Wow, I hadn't read through these threads in a long time--back in my Aquarian Maverick days!

About two or three contained a reference to a specific thread about A.T. Mann theory, and there was another in which a member posted how Albert Einstein was supposedly misquoted about astrology, and the quote originated by Mann.

Yet even if we could find that thread, I don't remember truly understanding the chart at that time; it's possible that someone else did, but if the process of calculating a specific date had been explained, I think I would have understood it before now.

So I think we're covering relatively new ground here, at least as far as forum discussions go. This is pretty impressive of itself because we've had lots of discussions!

Now, I think the next step in validating or disproving this chart would be to determine the relative time frame of a past life described in the threads you have linked to and then do all of the calculations for each planet in that individual's natal chart--not an easy task.

If there's a match, then we can see if the theme of this past life corresponds with the nature of the planet that is located at the degree that corresponds with the particular date.

Do we have any volunteers? :D

I'd volunteer myself, but my Aries stellium yields dates that seem to extend beyond recorded history. I must have spent a significant number of incarnations as a caveman :46:

Or perhaps if I give myself a bit more credit, I was part of some ancient civilization. Does anyone know when Atlantis and Lemuria existed?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Wow, I've actually listened to this astrology talk radio show before; I've even got it downloaded on my iPod! :p

I never listened to “Alternatives in Chart Interpretation,” though; do you think he'll discuss this chart in more depth? I'd love to read about more examples...

I suppose there's only one way to find out!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Bobbi

Hi Arian,

I WILL VOLUNTEER!!!!!!! Was going to do it anyway. So far I only have the round about year for the exact degrees from my chart, as was waiting for your response on the formul for the minutes.... (Thankyou for that ) My natal Saturn conj Venus in ARIES also takes me way back way way in time to the year 29548 & 28360 BC. I can't wait to get going on this today . I too are interested about the Lemuria & Atlantis time periods, to try and find out the timings of my Saturn & Venus ..... have a look at this link - Ancient & Lost Civilisations.
http://www.crystalinks.com/ancient.html

Im getting the goosebumps all over ... god tears are welling in my eyes.
IM SOOOOO EXCITED.
Got much to do this weekend hey Arian, will post this thread as soon as I can. Can't wait to read your next post.
Love Bobbi

Bobbi

Was just thinking about something..... I do like the idea that AT Mans theory could be correct, somewhere it does resonate, but during an intensive study of the ANCIENT WISDOM TEACHINGS that I have done, we become aware that a soul has hundreds & sometimes thousands of incarnations as we evolve up the ladder of spiritual consciousness. At least 700 lives as we elvolve through the 7 planes. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? So AT Mans thoery would only describe us as having 12 past lives, which somehow doesn't reonate at all the Ancient teachings. mmmmm another something to ponder I guess. But I'm still going to have to have a go at Mann's thoery just to satisfy this anayltical mind of mine. Also going to have a look today at anything relating to the Akashic Records today see what I can find.
Bobbi
L & L Bobbi

Arian Maverick

I don't think A.T. Mann claimed that his method would describe all of the past lives one has lived--just the ones that are most related to this particular lifetime.

I think we'd explode if we tried to incorporate all of the lessons and all of the karma of all of our past lives into one lifetime.

Actually, now that I think of it, this idea corresponds nicely with the ancient Indian tradition of dividing types of karma into three groups--Pralabd karma, which is considered the fate, or destiny, karma which must be met in the present lifetime, Kriyaman karma, which is the karma we are now making in this very lifetime, and Sinchit karma, which is the reserve of karma that we have accumulated over many lifetimes but which is not specifically active in this incarnation.

These aren't my definitions, by the way; I borrowed them from Astrology Karma & Transformation by Stephen Arroyo. Hopefully, I won't get sued for copyright infringement :rolleyes:

That crystalink page is awesome, by the way. I just wish that you could search the civilizations by date. I tried plugging 43296 BC into Google, but I didn't get anything; I knew I wouldn't, but you never know what you'll find on Google these days! :p

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Carole

Arian Maverick wrote:
I don't think A.T. Mann claimed that his method would describe all of the past lives one has lived--just the ones that are most related to this particular lifetime.

I do understand what you are talking about, Bobbi, and I also believe the soul reincarnates many, many times. I haven't read A.T. Mann's book yet, but I agree with Arian Maverick on this as it sounds like a very logical explanation to me.

It makes me curious that, according to this theory, I lived 3 times during the Witches Hunt. I have always felt a strong conviction of having been burned alive in some past life, and it's so far, the only explanation for my irrational fear of fire and some other things that I won't mention since they are not relevant to this subject.

All of this is truly interesting.

Carole

Bobbi

Hi Arian,
Ive looked through my notes from the study in Raja Yoga that i did last year and found the following that relates to your point about the different karma groups over our lifetimes. The following comes from an extract from my teacher Leoni Hodgson - Esoteric Physcologist/Astrologer -

THE YOGAS OR METHODS OF DIVINE UNION

Down the ages , all great spiritual teachings say the same thing:

THERE I ONE UNIVERSAL LIFE...
Everything in the universe is a part of this great life.
Your task on this earth is to realise this.

To bring about this union, the yogas or methods of union were given to us. Each Yoga emphasises different modes of approach, but all lead to the divine.
One major yoga has been given for each of the three Root Races - Lemurian, Atlantean & Aryan. All the yogas can be found within these three:

Karma Yoga - the yoga of action- related to the physical plane
Its two best known expressions are:
Hatha Yoga - In the Lemurian Race its use developed the Physical body.

Laya Yoga - In the Atlantean Race, it stabalised the etheric body & developed the astral nature.

Bhakti Yoga - Yoga of the heart of the devotee, of the mystic - related to the astral plane

All smaller loves are given up or denied until only divine love exsists. It was the "kingly" or crowning science of the Atlantean Root race. Bhakti yoga leads men to the 4th initiation, thus releasing the arhat from the cycle of rebirth.

Jnana Yoga - yoga of knowledge. A much faster & astute path than bhakti.

Raja Yoga - yoga of the mind or will- related to the mental plane

Raja Yoga is the great science of our Aryan civiliztion. It teaches man how to gain control over the mind. It completes the work of development in the human kingdom, enabling us to pass into the knigdom of souls.
It leads man to the fifth initiation.

So I think you are correct in thinking that our current chart is not all our karma. yes it would be impossible to deal all karma in just one lifetime.
From what has been quoted above- is that we have already worked our karma relating to that particular Root Race, as to evolve to the next root race, so maybe our charts in this lifetime only relate to our karma from our current Aryanian Root Race. What do you think ?
Bobbi

Bobbi

Hi Carole,
Have a look at the last post I did, I reckon it explains our question.
I too feel I have been a witch burnt at the stake. I was going to look into that today.....Which years were prominent for witch burning? Was it the 1660's. It pops up rather often....... the only accident or mishap that affects my physical body in this lifetime are burns. I never broken a limb, never had an operation and have only ever had to visit hospital for the birth of my children and a 1 lengthy stay because I was BLOWN UP BY A GAS BBQ, a quick visit also to the doctors because I poured boiling water into a baby's bottle & the cord got tangled around the bottle & tipped over onto my foot. I Still have the scar. I burn my hands on the oven, the iron & again hot water. Its really the only clumsy thing I do. lol. It may very well not be related to a past life but on all occasions that they happened , I have a thought that takes me back to another time.
Thanks for letting me share.
Love Bobbi

Carole

The Witches Hunt started roughly in 1450, being the worst of it ("The Burning Times") from 1550 to 1650, and ended in 1750.

Carole:)

athan

hi there

ok my neptune in Sag. puts me in 1630 early april. How can I tell whether I was a witch or not? and if yes was I drowned?

Arian Maverick

ok my neptune in Sag. puts me in 1630 early april. How can I tell whether I was a witch or not? and if yes was I drowned?

I think it's interesting that Neptune was the planet that was associated with this year (Neptune = God of the Sea = Drowning?), but I don't think A.T. Mann's theory was meant to identify the exact roles of particular incarnations--just the time in which these particular incarnations took place.

This would be an interesting horary astrology question, though, if you remember the exact time you thought to ask it...

And depending upon where you are on the Earth, the ice should be thoroughly melted by early April, making drowning a possibility--as horrible as that sounds.

You know, it's interesting, because I've also entertained the possibility of living during these times although I haven't experienced any related life events that lead me to this conclusion. I do believe that I've been a healer in past lives and may have utilized herbs and other natural medicines that were associated with witchcraft. I believe it was Kryon who stated something to the effect that burning at the stake could almost be considered a prerequisite of spiritual awakening, so perhaps it isn't all that unusual that several of us here feel connections to this time; it could possibly be past life karma that has brought us together here.

Perhaps this is related to the horary question I asked a short while ago about if my work on the forums was karmic...

This all comes together in such interesting ways :)

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Bobbi

Athan,
At this point , Im only working on the actually time frames & trying to connect the past life years with other people charts that I know. My sister & I have always felt that we were connected to the witch burning era! And YES we both have planets in our current charts that connects us to those years in a past life. As Arian has already sais above, the planet in question that points us to that life is the energy that colours that time. On another post Sidereal Supastar has given me some info on possibly locating the geographical location of the past life. She uses a Book & software program , also stuff like Cart-astro-graphing ( I think) , Solar Maps Software can possibly locate the place of interest. I haven't go that far yet, but can't wait to see if we can actually find out where we have been & the karmic aspects of the past. Read Carole's post on the years of the witch era, does it resonate with you? Oh another book is called "Your Prenatal Eclipse: by Rose Lineman " as I haven't read it yet, not sure if it just denotes the previous life or that of many.
L & L
Bobbi

Bobbi

Good morning Arian,
I have done the maths for mine, my partners , my sister & my best friends charts yesterday. We are all aware that we share many past lives together. As far as I'm concerned it WORKS!!!!!!! All the charts link to each other somewhere. MY sister always knew she had some sort of stuff with MY PARTNER, and they connect at least 2 points back in time. My best friend , my sister & I all know were connected to the witch burning era, all 3 charts point to that time. My partner & I know we have HUGE lives together, The timing of our last lives is very fitting, I knew deep inside that we have been together a long long time ago, but i also felt that our "Latest Karma" was very new. He & I are the only ones that connect not that very long ago. We both have 2 quick incarnations in 1947 & 1948. So thats confirmation for me that we have recent past life , really recent hey, I was born 1969 , so I think I have been rather busy. Get this one, My Pisces Sun June 1947, My Pisces Moon Nov 1948, My Pisces Mercury July 1924, . My current life partner ( we have been seperated 5 years, now having another go mmm) his Pisces Saturn June 1942, BLM in Pisces March 1943 Chiron in Pisces 1941.
I tried using Black Lilthe Moon as its associated with past karma, also Chiron as its the past childhood wounds. I also tried using the south node of past karma.
By using BLM, Chiron & South Node also made connections to each of the 4 charts I have been playing with. What do you think about using these extra points ?????
My next step is to start using some mapping tools to try & locate the point in time to the geographical location. Will keep you posted.
Love & Light
Bobbi

Arian Maverick

On another post Sidereal Supastar has given me some info on possibly locating the geographical location of the past life. She uses a Book & software program , also stuff like Cart-astro-graphing ( I think) , Solar Maps Software can possibly locate the place of interest. I haven't go that far yet, but can't wait to see if we can actually find out where we have been & the karmic aspects of the past.

Wow, this is fascinating stuff; I never thought astrological techniques could be used to possibly identify both the time and place of important incarnations! :eek:

Unfortunately, I've sort of fallen into a rut because the date of the one incarnation of which I am the most certain--1911, the year of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire--is not appearing anywhere on my chart; it's associated with 30 Aquarius/0 Pisces, and I don't have any planets in late Aquarius or early Pisces.

My excitement has been renewed with the positions of my outer planets in Capricorn, though; I've felt this strange, almost patriotic affiliation with France for many years now and used to get a bit indignant whenever I heard someone criticize France's political decisions. I also had a strange obsession with the French Revolution after reading The Scarlet Pimpernel in eighth grade, and this ignited again when I discovered the CD of the Broadway musical in the library one day; I don't know if anyone remembers, but I had this whole theme going on with my avatar and my signature for awhile, and my Aries stellium even entertained the idea of creating a new screen name.

I never received any strong confirmation that I lived during this tumultuous time period, although ironically, I believe it's more apparent in my natal chart than the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire; Aquarius is the sign on my twelfth house cusp, and its ruler, Uranus, is stationary retrograde in my natal chart conjunct my Midheaven. I remember reading a tidbit someplace that Uranus was discovered on the eve of the French Revolution, but since I probably got this information from Wikipedia, it could be incorrect.

Anyway, I'm going to calculate the exact year associated with my natal Uranus and check back here ;)

EDIT: I just calculated the years associated with Uranus (August 1745), Neptune (May or June 1777), and Saturn (May 1783), and unfortunately, all of these years were before the French Revolution. Does anyone know if the years indicated by this chart indicate the year one was born into or died in this particular incarnation, or perhaps the year in which the most important event took place? Should we be looking for events that occurred exactly during these years or use them as an approximate time frame?

The only major event that took place in May 1783 according to the 1783 Wikipedia article is this:

May 18 - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada- First United Empire Loyalists reach Parrtown.

Somehow, I'm just not feeling it.

If I disregard the month I calculated, it seems that the Treaty of Paris was signed during 1783, which "formally ended the American Revolutionary War between the Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States of America, which had rebelled against British rule starting in 1775." This doesn't have to do with France so much as the United States, but I suppose it's possible that I lived during the American Revolution; I think it inspired several other revolutions that took place during this era.

I don't know why I'm so preoccupied with France, but I'm still not giving up on having some past life connection there. Look at this event that occurred during my approximate May/June 1777 time line:

June 13 - American Revolution: Marquis de Lafayette lands near Charleston, South Carolina to help the Continental Congress train its army.

I remember learning about Marquis de Lafayette in grammar school, and I always liked the story although I don't remember having as strong a reaction to the lesson as I did with the one about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory. I don't generally have a good memory for history, so usually when something triggers my memory years later, I pay attention.

It seems that I was writing this post while you posted yours; I want to respond to at least one comment before I do some calculations of my own.

By using BLM, Chiron & South Node also made connections to each of the 4 charts I have been playing with. What do you think about using these extra points ?????

I hadn't contemplated using these points, although I did check the approximate years of my nodes out of curiosity; the North Node is in early Pisces, but unfortunately, the year it yields would be after 1911, which is the year I believe I died in my lifetime as Bertha Zeltner Wondross.

I almost wish I could share the story of how I discovered this, although I believe I have done so in past life threads created several years ago. I'm curious how others have discovered their past lives as well; perhaps we should revive these threads!

Arian Maverick

Last edited: