Do you have any natal planets combust?

RuledbySaturn

I've been analyzing other people's charts, and some of them have planets that are combust. However, it appears (to me anyway) that their combust planets perform just fine in real life (for example, this one person who has Jupiter exalted but combust still has lots lof luck in life). I don't have any planets combust so will never know how combust planets affect a native, but if you do, how has a combust planet affected you personally? Or do you find that it performs just fine?

Last edited:

RuledbySaturn

RbS, I have a first house stellium in Libra:

Sun - 13 deg 57
Moon - 11 deg 30
Mercury - 26 deg 20
Mars - 3 deg 58
Uranus - 18 deg 24
and finally, Pluto 2 deg 21

I have never considered the possiblity of these planets being combust... but I will do now.
Well...if you never noticed anything then they probably don't really affect you :smile:. I'm just so curious if combust planets really affect people.

I've been analyzing other people's charts, and some of them have planets that are combust. However, it appears (to me anyway) that their combust planets perform just fine in real life (for example, this one person who has Jupiter exalted but combust still has lots lof luck in life). I don't have any planets combust so will never know how combust planets affect a native, but if you do, how has a combust planet affected you personally? Or do you find that it performs just fine?

Combustion is more a Traditional astrologer thing rather than modern astrology.

House systems Traditional v Modern
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463

Although when a Sun is conjunct any of the outer weight planets it automatically becomes an honorary Saturian, Uranian, Neptunian and Plutonian, cos their influence seems to overshadow the 'light' and sun's energies...

T-2000

Banned
I have jupiter "deteriment" in gemini.
Conjunct sun in gemini by 7 degree orb.
in the seventh house.

And although the orb is wide, and jupiter trine pluto and sextile saturn (exact)

But I can say that Unfortunately I am not lucky at all.

For information, there is a useful article on combustion at http://www.academyofastrology.org/articles/burningquestion.pdf

sorry EJ cannot access this link, perhaps the salient points?

I have sun conj venus = inner cherrfulness and love and life. Think for combustion it should be between 0'-5'max. Obviously if its' from saturn - pluto that can cause problems cos the sun takes on the flavoure,energies of the planet prob for it's detriment...

vanila

Hi RbS,

I have Cancer Mars combusted(6 degree orb) in 6th house....it is in fall and it is in cadent house...so Mars is even more restricted to act and it is more difficult for me....I'm aggressive and nervous in my work and I don't like the direct battles and sports.....I keep the aggression in me most of the times........:sick:

:sick:

iwonder

EJ, thank you for the link. Very interesting article.

Astro50, the link worked for me, so it is good. Maybe some of your settings don't allow you to view it.

As for combust planets, I have Mars combust in Libra, 8th house. And also Venus is Virgo under Sun rays, 8th house. According to the article, matters ruled by the combust planet are strongly conditioned by matters ruled by Sun and will show in the area where the combustion takes place. It is not like I have no will or energy, but rather how my Martian houses are affected.

It must be especially obvious when combust planets rule the angles. Mars rules my MC (Scorpio, the article takes only traditional planets) and 3rd house (Aries). Venus rules IC. So my career is overpowered by 8th house matters (Sun rules 8th). And my home/roots are affected by the 8th house matters too. Well, I moved from my roots so far, that it sometimes hurts. As far as career... I don't know. It is 8th-house related (MC in Scorpio), but how it is overpowered by the Sun that rules the 8th and is located there?

What I liked though is that having Mars combust does not mean there is no Mars in me :)

EJ, This is the message from the link you posted. Don't understand why I cannot access. It should be PDF file?

403 - Forbidden Error

You are not allowed to access this address.
If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

rahu

Banned
i have mercury combust the sun which "classical" should indicate a faulty intellect but i have excellent mental powers. personally i have never noticed a combust planet having weakened power.
this concept is traditional but i think it is culturally based rather than astrologically based.
my combust mercury has not hurt my intellect but this aspect may be responsible for my inability to shut my mouth.
the mercury combust seems to indicate than i person says what they think with no self censoring.this can make a person seem "backward" because truth is not universally appreciated.this mercury postion means a person says what the think. in modern times, in western tradition, critical thinking is applauded but for the most of the last 4000 years of history,speaking the truth was very dangerous ,as is attested by the fact than many "saints" were only cannonized years after they were killed for adhering to the voice of truth with in them.so to not censor your impressions,lead to problems across the board.i think the inabilty of a mercury/sun combust,to self censor led to many problems,hence a person with this aspect was considered " retarded" if they could not adjust quickly enough to hold their idea in.it is like the story of the emperor's new, invisible clothes; all the subjects applauded and blocked the fact that the emperor was naked.only a child said what was apparent,the emperor had no clothes on.
only a child would dare say such a thing inthe face of royal discilpline.

rahu

Last edited:

J.Lily

Well if the orb is 5-- Then I have Mars,(thats in a different sign though Virgo) then Pluto 1 degree off and Merc 4 degrees off.
As for the Mars-I am not aggressive, but due to the recent Transit sqaure from Pluto to my Natal stellium with Saturn there now Transitting as well- I am getting more assertive. As for Mercury- thanks, Rahu for the nice interpretation of Mercury combust because I really don't like reading all the bad press about Merc combusts. Yes I am Truthful- maybee sometimes too much so. (when I do speak up I am painfully honest. I think we need more Honesty in this world!)
As for Pluto humm??? wondering about it. Intense yes..I know I can get deep into subjects such as Astrology. This is all in the 8th BTW but in Libra. :wink:

iwonder

Here is something I thought about:

If Sun strongly conditions the combust planet, can the matters ruled by that planet actually become more important or get a more obvious expression? After all, they are under Sun's rule now.

Another thing - combust Mars. It is a fire planet, and being close to Sun should add fire to it. You can't burn what's already burning. If Mars is weakened by its sign (Libra, Taurus or Cancer), but conjunct Sun from a neighboring sign where the energy is more Mars-friendly, wouldn't such "combustion" be a helping hand to direct Martian energy?

smilingsteph

Here is something I thought about:

If Sun strongly conditions the combust planet, can the matters ruled by that planet actually become more important or get a more obvious expression? After all, they are under Sun's rule now.

Another thing - combust Mars. It is a fire planet, and being close to Sun should add fire to it. You can't burn what's already burning. If Mars is weakened by its sign (Libra, Taurus or Cancer), but conjunct Sun from a neighboring sign where the energy is more Mars-friendly, wouldn't such "combustion" be a helping hand to direct Martian energy?

Yes it does. Mars recieves energy from the sun, intensifying the martian strength, even in a sign where it is weak. However is mars applying to the sun or leaving the sun, I think this may make a difference.

Here is a good page to describe these events:
http://www.antiquus-astrology.com/Chap2-14.html

My mercury is 4 degrees away from the sun. I dont feel the effect of it being combust...could be due to the orb...or could be that both mercury and the sun trine pluto which brings my attention closer to details and more thought, rather than scattering everything in my mind.

What is the widest orb that some consider to be a combust?

My poor sig others saturn is combust/sun. I would think this to be the worst. I just flipped to a page in my book saying that venus combust the sun can result in sexual deviant behaviors, interesting.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
sorry EJ cannot access this link...

The link works OK for me, Manchester.....it is indeed a pdf, and Wikipedia says about 403 errors :-

The 403 Forbidden HTTPstatus code indicates that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server won't let the client access what was requested.
This response is returned by the Apache web server when directory listings have been disabled. Microsoft IIS responds in the same way when directory listings are denied. This response may also be returned by the server if the client issued a WebDAV PROPFIND request but did not also issue the required Depth header, or issued a Depth header of infinity[1].

[Note : I guess this means the 403 was returned by AW's Apache web server rather than the site in my link......so, you might find it works if you try again.]

Last edited:
Thanks, it must have been something wrong with my computer or ISP provider. I have since tried again and managed to read up on it. Not that I agree with all it 's contents though :)

Like Radu says it's not played out or affected him and my sun conj venus in taurus hasn't affected my venus loving and giving, and combining that with 'the sun's rays' makes me a loving gentle person with an inner cheerfulness of live :)

BOOGY99

Interesting thread, i have the sun within 1 deg of a conjunction to uranus, in virgo and in the 12th house.
suppose this is classed as combust, but i never looked at this in a negitive light.
After reading the text below from astrologyweekly, i can say that it is 80% correct, but is it negitive? now i am confused!!!! lol :unsure:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=90

Sun conjunct Uranus
Sun conjunct Uranus - astrological aspect
Astrology aspects - Sun conjunct UranusYou are likely to experience ongoing clashes and discord with others and society. THis is due to your essential tendency to be hughly individualistic and no-conformist, and this will inevitably bring you into conflict with the social traditions and lifestyle patterns of your country, by your determination to follow your unique path through life. You will not have a passive nature, or acquiesce easily in what is required of you by parents, school, religion or the state-aproved ways of social living; but you will be a passionate rebellious spirit rejecting, questioning or opposing those pressures with which you disagree or which you believe are intending to hinder your freedom.

This 'passion', however, is not really emotionally rooted, but is your way of releasing a build-up of energy within your nature which has to find some means of release, similar to the boiling of water which transforms into steam to escape from a container. The slightest threat or fear of 'imprisonment' will cause you to begin looking for the escape route.

This need for freedom - in whichever and however many ways you define 'freedom' - will be a dominant factor influencing your life. The urgent need to express this tendency will create an unsettling impact upon your adult choices and life direction, and will probably interfere with focusing on your solar path. As a result of experiencing this inner pressure for change, you are likely to observe the elements of unpredictability flowing into your established life patterns. In some ways this could be beneficiial, but an energy acting in uncontrolled unconscious ways can severely disrupt a relatively harmonious lifestyle or family, because someone under its influence begins to act in a potentially destructive manner. Just 'throwing the energy away', attempting to reduce the inner pressure, is not constructive or sensible. This inner process indicates that change is needed, that this will usually be associated with a particaular sphere of life (indicated by this natal house conjunction or by planetary transits activating this aspect), and that a conscious attentive focus is required to tune into the messages being internally triggered so that the energy can be directed into suitable channels of expression.

You will have to acknowledge and confront the implications of any innate hatred of restrictions, as life will invariably impose them through family, wmployment, and type of social environment. You may struggle against restrictions all your life, wanting to be 'free', but free to do what? And free to live in what way, and where? Probably you'll lack real answers, but a search to find a satisfying direction is crucial for you, and will reflect your quest for your higher social path; otherwise in gaining your freedom you'll discover that through cutting the binding ties you have become lost or have destroyed those foundations that are now recognised as being important and meaningful for you.

In your intimate relationships, you will have to be aware of a tendency to invest your needs with supreme value and importance, where you insist upon individual rights and freedom to express your own nature without compromising, yet often fail to offer the same to your partner. You can have a problem of impatience tinged with intolerance, which can create friction, as can your attraction towards areas of experience that some may consider to be unorthodox or deviant from any socially acceptable norm. Not that such reactions unduly concern you; in fact you may feel tempted to flaunt any such preferences in the face of others.

Probably you will be attracted towards entering sudden, intense, exciting physical and emotional relationships, especially spontaneous ones that can occur without too much consideration of any future implications. You prefer 'newness', through exploring the unknown, and may often shy away from commitment and responsibility, partly based on fear and on your inability to often consider your partner's needs as highly as you do your own. The problem is how to balance your need for novelty and new experiences, your hatred of restictions, and your desire for individual freedom, with the demands of living with people in society.

You need to become more mature in relationships, to become more aware of the value of mutual sharing, to care as much for your partner as you do for yourself, and, by helping him / her to express his / her own totality and not subduing his / her personal development by the dominating insistence of your needs, to learn to walk side by side with your partner into freedom and fulfilment.

Recognising these tendencies is the first step to beginning taking conscious control to use innate energies, so that your life begins to work better, and becomes more meaningful and satisfying by gaining a greater social cohesion through integrating these planetary energies.

One direction that may help in this self-renewal and personal re-orientation lies in expressing your urge for exploration, to investigate new horizons and interests; try not to live this out in a purely self-centred way, but instead attempt to redirect any benefits towards the well-being of others too, especially through improving the quality of relationships.

Your mind may have an attunement to the Uranian 'higher mind' or 'Universal Mind'. This implies that there can be mental power, perhaps by your mind taking sudden logic leaps and making connections which can offer new insights or ways of looking at life. While sometimes this can be too erratic and undisciplined to be fully utilised, the natural direction that it moves towards is futuristic. This is both a reaction against the restrictions of predictable staid and static social traditions and also potentially a tool to be used in the visualisation and formation of possible future societies. Combining your natural tendencies to permissiveness and creative expression, you may develop in terms of progressive futurist philosophies and attitudes, associating with like-minded groups and individuals to help build the Aquarian New Humanity. Embodying new lifestyle patterns and more open attitudes can offer a new world for you to explore and one which can benefit others too. Here lies a freedom with less restriction, allowing you to express a rebellious nature against social limitations while helping to build a more understanding and free world for everyone to share. Taking such a direction can enable you to dissolve previous self-preoccupations into participation in group endeavours. This fusion of your Uranian tendencies with a projected heroic path can build a lighted way in your life, where the positive contributions of both Sun and Uranus can be released for individual and collective benefits.

Last edited:

BOOGY99

aarh but boogy you are also sun conj Pluto in 12th so this makes you an honorary scorpio/plutonian :)

Thanks for the reply A50
i did not use pluto as some people are saying only use 5deg for combust, so does that mean i take on uranian and pluto personality or are they hidden by the sun? (well they are in the 12 house,)
This tread is very interesting, but it confused me in some way. :unsure: