Time of Death ?

astrobhadauria

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] For most people the thought of death is a source of anxiety. Of all the fears that haunt our thoughts, perhaps the uncertainty of personal survival is the most basic. Relieving that fear and replacing it with knowledge can have a transformational effect on life. It is our hope that this short article may point the way to fuller treatments of the subject, from which a more comprehensive education may be gained - an education sadly lacking in our Western culture.

How is it possible to find joy in death - both for the one who is dying as well as for the loved ones who remain? One approach would be to see physical life as a preparation for death, and death as a preparation for a new physical life. The entire cyclic process of life and death is determined by spiritual evolution - the means by which the consciousness develops increasingly effective vehicles of expression.

Why should we think about death?

Although we are certain of death as a fact, we are uncertain of its meaning and of the process that unfolds “behind the scenes.” Most people therefore tend to avoid dealing with the issue at all, sometimes expending considerable psychological energy to keep it below the threshold of consciousness. Then, when they are confronted by its impending inevitability, fears are doubled and often accompanied by other unpleasant emotions.

This is all energy that could be put to better use. If we view death as a beginning, necessary to prepare for a rebirth, and as a change in consciousness through the removal of limitations, then death becomes more of a desirable event than a threat. Certain groups now devoted to the healing of the personality will eventually undertake the essential task of opening the individual to the positive aspects of death. There will come a happy expectancy and an the parts of the personality to their places of origin prior to incarnation.

The problem of immortality

The idea of immortality is based on the idea that under divine law nothing is lost; i.e., life is a continuum. The question of immortality is considered in one of three ways:

1) the materialist says that death is the end of all life because there is no proof to support life in any other form once the physical body has disappeared;

2) many religions allow for a continuing life and consciousness after death as long as the individual professes a belief in certain theological or philosophical propositions, and those who refuse to believe these tenets just disappear after death or are transferred to some undesirable location;

3) the concept of reincarnation (or rebirth), as described in esoteric teachings and many Eastern religions, applies to all, believers and non- believers, and solves the problem of immortality by suggesting that perfection (our highest goal) takes many lifetimes.

The fear of death can be reduced by accepting two ideas based on the third approach:

1) the fact of the immortal soul and

2) the need to live in a form in order to perfect the soul’s ability to perform its purpose. The constant interplay between life in and out of form generates cyclic creativity that is the basis of evolution toward perfection.

As our awareness moves from emphasis on the personality form to an emphasis on the soul, so will we gradually lose our fear of the disappearing physical form. In the world of the soul, there is no death; therefore as we abandon our fixation on the material life, so will our fear of death dissipate. One of the predominant fears is that of the loneliness of the spirit entity after death. In fact (and we have been assured of this by those who have had near-death experiences), we are reunited with family and friends after death, and we also have full access to the thoughts and feelings of those still in the physical form as well as continuing to have our own thoughts and feelings. The loneliness at birth is actually far greater because of the limitations imposed by a physical constitution.

The fear engendered by various theologies is without foundation: there is no angry God, no hell and no need to pardon sins through some institution or system of belief. In the future, study of the technique of dying will be a practice known to all, and it will help to remove fear and dependence.

Understanding the experience of death

Actually we die each time we go to sleep, although it’s a temporary passing. There are two energy streams (or threads) that enliven us. One relates to the brain and nervous system, and the second to the heart and circulatory system. When we sleep, the consciousness thread of energy detaches from the brain and is focused elsewhere until we awaken. During sleep we are unconscious in the physical sense. When we die, both the brain energy and the heart energy are removed, and the form commences its disintegration and returns to its original source.

At the moment of death, when the life force leaves the body (after severance of the life thread energy in the heart), it exits at one of three locations:

1) the top of the head,
2) the heart or
3) the solar plexus (at about waist level).

The spiritually oriented person uses the head exit; the person of goodwill uses the heart, and those primarily oriented to the physical and emotional life exit at the solar plexus. Naturally we want to strive for the highest exit, because the next lifetime is influenced by our development in this lifetime.

The coming technique of dying will allow us to prepare for and control our passing and to treat death as a triumphant finale and a glorious prelude to a conscious exit. This new attitude will eliminate sorrow, grief and all sense of loss for those remaining behind. Death then becomes a greater celebration than birth. This new technique of dying will involve two lines of practice.

The first requires long preparation before death and utilizes four disciplines:

1) a constant focus in the head achieved by thought and meditation,
2) group service to humanity,
3) eventual control of consciousness just before sleep, and
4) attention to the withdrawing process at sleep.

The second line of practice deals with the environment at the death bed and utilizes silence (no talking), color, music, pressure points, use of the Sacred Word (OM) and mantras.

The three phases of death

In the first phase, just before the moment of death, the physical body loses its ability to maintain itself, and the etheric body (the vital energy body) withdraws from one of the three exits previously mentioned. The key to this phase is the “word of withdrawal” sounded by the soul. This commences a series of steps in the process of restoring the physical and vital bodies to their original source for future use.

The second phase involves casting off and eliminating both the emotional and mental bodies, just as the physical and vital bodies were cast away. But first, time is spent in the emotional body until all emotional and desire activities are balanced; then consciousness is shifted to the mental body where further balancing is undertaken. During the time in these two bodies, progress depends to a large extent upon habits created during life. A highly emotional person spends substantial time resolving these self-created conditions. The disintegration of the emotional body is known as the “second death,” and the disintegration of the mental body is the “third death.”

In the third phase of absorption or integration, the human soul is brought to its original source, the Universal Soul. Thereafter, preparation is made for rebirth.

The wider purpose of death

The wider purpose of death relates to the evolutionary need for new forms. As evolution begins to accelerate, progress requires a rapid succession of physical forms (personalities). This acceleration creates a higher vibration within the Planet, and a higher vibration requires more bodies in order for the soul to gain Earth experience. In each case death is followed by a resurrection (or rising up) that generates something new and useful, and thus the evolutionary process is promoted. The cycle of resurrection and liberation is a never-ending force in the Universe.
[/FONT]

Sag Moon

Thanks for the insight into death.

I have had death surrounding me going on 4yrs. now. Just this morning my one Parrot died that I have had going on 15yrs.. It all started with Pluto in the 6th conjuct my Mn in western Astrology.

I have not researched Verdic ,but know that Hindu's and other cultures have differnt views which I tend to agree with concrerning the process of Death and Reincarnation.

AquarianEssence

Thank you Astrobhadauria. I learned to see the energy field, aura during my Mom's last days as I took care of her. I noticed she had a void or darkness surrounding her body. The normal white light was gone. I call this the God-light, the vital essence. When someone would sit at her bedside and touch her hand, there would be that white light, from the other person, but not from her. I think she had already departed her body. The last week she was under heavy medication and only the oxygen was keeping her body functioning. When we unplugged it she breathed her last breath shortly. When I took care of my husband's dad, that white light was there even shortly after he died. My mom wanted to go, perhaps he didn't. They were the same age, 57.

Last edited:

Lin

Kristina,
Truthfully, I never "look" for death in a chart, unless specifically asked to do so in regard to a person close to the client who is gravely ill, "on death's door" so to speak.

And I will tell you why. First, I believe astrology is a very helpful tool in guiding us regarding "how to LIVE." There is so very much information about living in any chart. So why look for death?

Next, from experience, i have seen horrendous aspects coming in people's charts, and yet, the person doesn't die.... crisis takes SO MANY FORMs...

True, sometimes I see Uranian or Plutonian transits that make me suspect the person may be in danger.... or Neptunian ones that cause me to suspect that the person may be blindly walking into danger.... so then I WARN them about the danger.... the type of danger related to the signs, houses and aspects I see that I may feel are dangerous. There are all types of crisis, danger, even destruction.... short of death.

So unless a person has a very important and specific reason for me to be looking for death, we don't discuss it.

Oh....yeah.... and I sort of got a lesson on this subject about 6 years ago. A client's father was very ill..... cancer of the colon.... surgery, chemo.... seemed as though, transit-wise that his time was very near.
Well, he lived 5 years past the time I felt he would die. Granted, I had never done a natal time chart on him.... mostly I was reading HIM through his daughter's chart who was very close to him, and who was extremely anxious about his health. At the time I told her I would be surprised if he lived more than 6 or 8 month.....so you see, because I am not a "death student" or "death expert" astrologically, I predicted wrong. I'm sure had I done in depth studies on his natal and solor and progressed charts, I would have been more accurate.... but now I am glad I was wrong, as this client felt she was given a gift of more time with her father. Of course, I could have been wrong the other way too.... and he could have died in 5 weeks!!!

So as astrologers, we all have our specialties. Looking at death is not mine. Nor is medical astrology - I know enough to know if the person is in danger from disease, but I can't focus on specifics because it isn't my specialty.
LIN

Last edited:

Sag Moon

starswatching said:
How about being able to see death in ones natal chart? Does anybody have any experience?

Yes it can and has been done.

CEO Carter predicted his own death and so have other astrologers.

It should not be prcticed though. What if the astrologer is wrong for one thing and I have seen the best wrongly judge occurances such as ill health.

Astrology should be a living art not used to predict death IMO.
OTOH it is a part of lifes experience.

Death is the greatest mystery of all. Until we experience it we are left unsure of what to really expect.It comes to us all and I have learned to almost embrace it as another learning experience. Atleast I do not fear it now that I am older.I might have reservtions when the time comes as we all cling to life a smuch as we can as that is the noraml innate nature of what we are taught.
Some see it as a relief from the ills of having a hard life.

Those that work in hospice care,cancer wards and are around death can tell some real harrowing stories concerning death. When you see death in others it is sad.I remenber seeing those abut to go and those faces will remain with me till I go.

When younger we might all fear it as we or many just do not think we will ever die then as we mature and see things we see that it's a pat of life and we try to deal as best we can wwith those that pass on.

Last edited: