Tough Times

Mark-Alexis

Tough Times: "Help before I go nuts..."

So, I've been going through some tough times for what seems like 10 years now. I'm 29 years old and on the cusp of my 30th birthday. At one point in my youth I was heavily into Astrology (Liz Greene's "Relating" was an integral step in my increasing interest).

Anyway, I was just wondering if some of you wonderful people could provide me some insight into my chart. I need some objective opinions on what might be some of the difficulties my chart presents me with. Also, for a morale booster, what are some of my strengths?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my info:

September 1, 1981 4:16a.m. Bronx, NY
My+Chart.gif

EDIT: Also, one of the biggest and most recent changes in my life has seen me take on the piano. I've always loved music but never bothered pursuing it due to my father's insistence that I be "more like a man". In either case, it has helped me in more ways than I can count. I was wondering if there was anything in my chart indicating musical ability. My second passion is writing, but that's such a third-house function it's almost too obvious ;)

Also, some more background info: The first major injury I suffered was around the ages of 3-5 years old. I ran in front of a swing while a parent was swinging her child and was struck smack in the center of my forehead. The injury required stitches (I've often heard that people with Mars hovering over or on the Ascendant, there is a prominent scar on the head; I still have a scar running vertically down my forehead). Also, I was physically, verbally and sexually abused as a child by both my parents. I first became musical at the age of 8. I would sing to Patsy Cline records (after obsessively viewing the biopic, "Sweet Dreams") and begged my parents for a guitar which they bought me. I grew bored with it, though. I'm gay and also a recovering addict (drugs and alcohol) and have been extremely promiscuous in my youth (I think it helped validate me in some way). I suffer mood swings and quite a bit of anxiety, though I try tempering both with creativity (my addictions were the go-to fix just a few years back). In my young adulthood (18-27) I traveled throughout the country, trying as hard as I could to run away from anything too familiar. I struggled to reinvent myself from city to city, creating a "new life" for myself only to have it crumble time and time an again (I now see this as some form of self-sabotage).

My passions are music, writing and film. Figured I'd post some details about myself.

Also, my blog is www.thoughts-in-stasis.blogspot.com I just started this as a therapeutic measure. I post it b/c it contains some of my piano improvs and some writing on my childhood. If you're interested take a gander. It might prove helpful in interpreting my chart.

Thanks to all in advance for replying.

Last edited:

Mark-Alexis

I'm new to this forum. I hope I didn't make anyone feel uncomfortable with my personal details. Was just hoping someone could give me some fresh insight...

JUPITERASC

I'm new to this forum. I hope I didn't make anyone feel uncomfortable with my personal details. Was just hoping someone could give me some fresh insight...

Hello Mark-Alexis your chart has a four/five planet stellium that is particularly unusual because it includes a Jupiter Saturn conjunction. Jupiter Saturn conjunctions occur approximately every twenty years and so are considered generational in influence. There's plenty of action in your 3rd house which makes communication of all kinds important for you. With all those planets in the 3rd jostling for attention, things could get complicated communication-wise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_conjunction

Is your birthtime reliable? I ask this because if you were born just ten. twelve or fifteen minutes earlier your Midheaven Sign would have been Aries. Rectification using the data you posted could indicate your Midheaven Sign more clearly, however there are many different methods. You may be interested to read the following on rectification
http://www.astrology-reading.com.au/Horoscope-reading_rectification.html
http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2009/12/11/five-tips-for-birth-chart-rectification/
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/rectification.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/animodar.html :smile:

Last edited:

R4VEN

Mark-Alexis, thank you for posting a clear chart, and also for filling us in on some of your details.

At a glance your chart is the chart of an introvert; one who thinks and considers, rather than acting out your responses to life. In such a personality, the `acting out' tends to be through self-destructive behaviour, since an introvert sees abuse and bad behaviour towards them as being a comment on their worth, rather than a comment about the perpetrator(s).

The musical interest shows in your Neptune being in the 5th house, from where you express yourself through some art-form which `takes you out of yourself'. Neptune's sextile to Venus in Libra grants you a way of expressing yourself through all art-forms, but especially music. The Libra planets being in the 3rd house, and the 3rd house being ruled by Venus also adds to your love of expression-through-words. Interestingly, Moon in Libra people are almost always articulate, and with a powerful gut feeling about justice and what is `right' (and by extension, what is wrong). Your Moon is very closely conjunct Jupiter, giving you an optimism and sense of hope which you have a need of accessing. Also, your Moon conjuncts Saturn, which can dampen your ability to express yourself openly and clearly. This can lead to depression, negative thinking and a tendency to holding on to the past.

The good news is that with your (very recent) Saturn Return, `returning to the past' has been necessary, but chiefly as a way of sorting out what is true for you and what is not. Saturn's continuing passage through your 3rd house will further fine-tune your perceptions. Transiting Uranus is in your 9th house, so your pursuing astrology and any kind of philosophy/spiritual practice which suits who you are, or who it is you wish to become will be useful and timely. This time is for discovering the truth about who you are, and for building on your strengths, and accepting the weaknesses as challenges.

I notice that you have Mars in Cancer in the 12th house. This is not a great position for Mars. It is a very emotional and `feeling' Mars placement, where Mars is `happier' in an open and active placement. This Mars placement indicates that you are driven (Mars) by your emotions (Cancer) and your unconscious drives (12th House), This is easier to handle and to follow once you are using your creative drives in a way which keeps you connected to your deep unconscious. Writing, music, and other expressive art-forms are ways in which you can keep the channel open between your conscious and unconsious mind.

I think you would also appreciate the value of understanding your Moon's North and South node placements. The Moon's Nodes describe where you have come from (this is meant to be a comment on past life tendencies) which is the South Node, and where you are meant to be headed in this lifetime - described by the Moon's North Node.
I will link you to some reading on this:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/12/north-node-12th-house-pisces-north-node.html
This next link is because you have Mars conjunct your North Node:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/Planets conjunct the Nodes

Last edited:

Munch

I think that it's also interesting to note that your Sun is singleton and unaspected in the 2nd house. Singleton planets tend to 'funnel' the energy of the entire chart (I sould like a bot, but it's the truth). In your case, who you are at the core of your being is extremely important. I would guess that you have a clear idea of what you are about, but it can get interesting because as strong as that sense of self may be, you do have a strong 5 planet stellium competing for notice. What's more is that stellium is in your 3rd house in Libra which means that you are constantly thinking in terms of you vs. others, which is kinda awkward for your sun which is very much so aware of what it wants and needs. These two energies could be working at a cross purpose. That said, I believe that your engaging in music will help immensly because it properly channels the 3rd house energy so that your sun can take that energy and use it to support who and what it's about. Perfecting your art may become a huge pre-occupation that literally makes you come alive and brings meaning to your life.

Riles

I think that it's also interesting to note that your Sun is singleton and unaspected in the 2nd house.
Why is the Sun a singleton? Mercury also shares the house and sign. The chart shows aspects (not in the wheel, but in the table on the bottom left) to the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, and Midheaven.

Munch

It is Singleton because it is the only 'planet' in an earth sign. There are no major aspects to the sun, in this you are correct. Thank you for pointing this out as obviously it's going to cause confusion. These are aspects I don't use too often. In the case of the aspect to the MC, the sun does not receive it as the MC is a point that generates no energy. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Riles

It is Singleton because it is the only 'planet' in an earth sign. There are no major aspects to the sun, in this you are correct. Thank you for pointing this out as obviously it's going to cause confusion. These are aspects I don't use too often. In the case of the aspect to the MC, the sun does not receive it as the MC is a point that generates no energy. Much appreciated.
But what about Mercury in Virgo in the 2nd House?

Munch

Holy Snikies it is! Haha. I read that as in Libra. (You'd think the degree would have given it away....can I blame Neptune in the 3rd for this?) This is what happens when you don't look carefully. Indeed you ARE super duper very much so correct. :innocent:

simplyinsight

Re: Tough Times: "Help before I go nuts..."

Abuse? Mars in an Anaretic Degree, let alone in 12th House. Any Mars positions in 4th or 12th, I take a deeper look at, because this usually indicates the Ego "going away, or inside" to hide or take the backseat, to let some other creeper in. I find a lot of abused people with that placement... even Scorpio or Aries over the 4th or 12th House cusp says a lot in that regard, even when Mars is dancing somewhere else--- its rulership alone is powerful in those placements. I would like to keep Mars and Mars rulerships out of those Houses, but the good Lord above has other things in mind. Some say that we choose that for various reasons, I dunno.... I have mixed feelings on whether or not we "choose" our own chart before we're born. It's a psychic defense that you need to understand there though with such a placement. Get a book on psychic defense.

And, as far as being "manly", the best part about music is that it is much like programming or DJing, which are pre-dominantly male-infused professions. There is a striking similarity, because of the sense of arrangement and "tinkering" that one has to do--- much like "real men" work on cars and put parts together. So, I would ask the dad, if he would learn more about your profession, while you learn about his. I'm seeing automotive background for him, clairvoyantly in my mind's eye-- where are we going with this?? I mean, what is it that I'm seeing, because cars feel very high-up on the list with his influence for whatever reason, ... and... ok, not to be stereotypical, but you have a lot of 3rd House stuff goin' on here, so it sort of screams "Cars!!!!"

I'm not going to be nice, ... I'll go a little out on a limb, unlike a few other astrologers here saying that, "You're learning about yourself and more interested in your life, bla bla bla..." I'm going to quite openly say that you're only into self-discovery because you've reached a crisis point,... and you pretty much have to now, or you'll truly miss the boat. To truly learn yourself, you have to be ready to make some commitments, and I truly feel, abuse or no abuse, your parents were a little firm in that department, wanting you only to make a commitment. And, here you are again at this point,... needing to make a full-on commitment, and that nagging, brass-tacks attitude from their authoritative voices (or lack thereof) is creeping through, putting on the pressure.

Why not instead, write a well-thought-out contract, that says, "OK, I can make mistakes, I can fall off the bandwagon,... but I'm going to anticipate for that, and proceed forward, only expecting better and better things to come!" ?? I mean, why does it have to be so black-and-white? Jupiter-Saturn people, such as yourself, have a harder time grasping that,... and I'm saying, just relax and make the rules for yourself a little looser, so that you have some wiggle room --- don't bind yourself into contracts that you know you can't keep with others.... and don't make such finite stipulations for how you proceed forward. In other words, don't make promises you know you can't keep "at this time", but have the vision and courage enough to "try" to do more than what the contract says, and honor those visions just as much as you do the actual commitments. Sorry, I'm failing to think of a good example... but do you get what I mean?

It's one thing to have a child who is rather logical and in-step with the times, who can be told to stay-on-task.... it's another if your child is a little more creative than that, who likes to color outside the lines (ahem, Sun Square Neptune... ahem!!!) and see things from a different perspective. Your parents didn't get that memo. They didn't know how to channel it. So, to blame them for being a little "Now, that's not what we do, Alex..." with you, I think is stopping yourself short and accusing them of something that they themselves weren't able to give... so when will you give it to yourself and lead YOUR life now? When does THAT become okay to do? That validation will never ever come from anyone else but yourself. That's where you have to create and keep seeing the accomplishments you've made, and chalk up the failed plans as just stepping stones. It's ALL in preparation, Alex. I'm hearing blame, blame, blame, but not enough, "OK, this is enough. I'm ready to get a new story here."

My FAVORITE author, teacher, Sonia Choquette (out of Chicago), explains in her book "Trust Your Vibes: Secrets for Sixth Sensory Living" that we often sometimes forget that we need to get a new story. Part of being sixth-sensory, living a happier life, is realizing when we need to get a new story. For years she was the "daugther of a Holocaust survivor".... I mean, imagine what sorts of energies that brings up when you bring THAT all up into a conversation??? She realized then, ... she wasn't just that, she had to be courageous enough to see herself in a different situation than what she was.

You're at that point right now. And, only because you have to (that's the part where I was saying I wasn't going to be nice...) You weren't "forced" to do anything differently, or see yourself in a different light... it was just survival mode. Now, you have Uranus coming to oppose your Saturn - shattering that old world, MAKING you wake up to your sixth sense, to your Higher Self and a more healthier, happier life... A "new" foundation (a Saturn that was Touched By An Angel... and that angel I'll call Uranus, in this story).

You're extremely clever, yes, and with words, and you're extremely clairvoyant as well, but you have a lot to organize visually.... I see you as almost autistic in nature, or somehow A.D.H.D. I see you thinking in pictures, in colors... I often put fonts in colors on this forum, but I feel you'd respond better to my usual orange-colored font than most. Sort of a "wake up!" color for fonts, eh? That's probably something that the parents didn't know much about themselves to be able to relate, or didn't have the time to deal with such "extreme" talents (or mental disorder, however the "doctors" classify it!!! LOL... I prefer to say gifts-and-laundry-all-in-one-basket!!! LOL)... plus, I see the dad being a bit of an alcoholic himself, or at least, to *ME*, I'm visualizing that in my mind's eye on his side of the family moreso than the mother's. I'm also seeing TWO mothers in this story, ... so I don't know what that is all about, but, I'm sure it provides a fun little extra-chapter to your story, than just saying you had only two parents. Feels more like 3 parents, LOL, yes yes.... curious?? All well, I'll let you have at that one... maybe you had an older sister 10 yrs your senior or something weird like that.

Another point I'd like to make, and pardon if it is a repeat, because I skimmed other people's responses--- Mars Square Pluto has great potential for people who are into the physical arts, ... and Mars in 12th House always reminds me of karate for whatever reason..... have you given it much thought to just join a class or two? Sometimes they start off with "free first classes", and you could call up and around your area and just ask, "Do you have a free first class I could join to test the waters?"..... I really feel you'd excel when you get your mind AND your body on the same page, because you're a much more ... hmm.... "active" person, especially for your age... I can't see you gaining a whole lot of weight, and when I was your age (just a couple years ago, LOL, I'm 31), ... I started getting a bit of a belly, and always teased for not eating enough, weighing 155.... now I'm more like, ahem, 180, not that much, but still... a lot for me... but I see you being still much more active and being able to shed off weight, expelling a lot of energy in the physical body..... Saturn Returns ARE NIGHTMARES, I've NEVER heard a good thing about them, so I attribute my weight gain to that LOL....... I have yet to hear good stories anyhow about Saturn Returns, LOL (talk about needing to change the story, right?) I mean, yea, I worked hard, I got the house thing goin' on, got a new car, yada yada... but it was just a crisis point for me in so many other ways that people don't readily see... it's just ugly to me, and no one ever says, "Oh, it was a breeeeze, I loved it!!!" Ya know??

Future? Some sort of love affair or "situation" in that whole area in April 2012... far off, I know, but seems significant, Jupiter transiting an opposition to your Progressed Moon/Venus Conjunction.... transiting Uranus opposing your natal Saturn.... feels like a separation or some sort of re-positioning in your life that affects the very nature of your social life in the VERY least if not a major love affair/ordeal, ... Moon Progressing through Scorpio right now and even at that time, is a bee-yotch in and of itself... I never trust a Progressed Moon in Scorpio to be a pretty-pie-pony time... it's always ugly to me.... but.... I will say it's transformation-time... I never pay much attention to signs, but the Progressed Moon tells a bit about the background energies at play.... and in the 4th House, it sort of suggests you're ready to "find your place" in the world, so a lot of what you're dealing with right now and asking about, makes sense ---- you've lived all over the place, time and again things take a poo on you... and now you're just ready to settle in a little more......

Distant past? When we crossed over into 1984, there was a striking difference in dynamics... Pluto and Saturn started going through your IC (the 4th house cuspline), and Progressed Mars PAST a conjunction to your Progressed North Node... talk about some issues brewing, stress levels raised.... and,.... guess where Progressed Moon was? LOL... SCORPIO... transiting your 4th House.... so this episode relives itself every 28-30 years (or thereabouts, rough estimate).... the good thing is,... everything is in cycles.... and we can sort of use astrology as a guideline, but not as a tell-all for HOW we can go about making the "future" alignments work in our favor.

This is just hard work right now. Again, with having to settle down into a place, and just getting a new story. Getting in step with Saturn period, as it transits all these 3rd House planets... it's like REALITY CHECK DAYS, some name for a bizarre sitcom of YOUR life, right? You may even want to discretely examine your own words that you blog.... does this really ring true for what and who you are, and what you want to be in the world? Does it shine the happiness and light to discuss all of this? When will it ever be "enough" to claim you were a victim of all these crazy things that happened in your life thus far? Perhaps it's still a purging-period for your with your Progressed Moon in Scorpio (a very purging sign...), but will you still be 55 years old and talking of the same ol' stuff? Where's the vision, where's the direction headed in your current state of mind and soul? These transits you have right now all suggest that it's time to think in terms of your older years and to more or less grow up and leave that old story fresh in-hand, so that you are SO aware of it, that you won't let it be the ONLY story, so that you know when it crops up. Part of that, is doing the work to GET that new one though.

Thoughts?

- SimplyInsight (aka Scott)

simplyinsight

Re: Tough Times: "Help before I go nuts..."

p.s. not Sun Square Neptune, I meant, Sun Square 5th House Cusp, which holds Neptune --- I count as same thing, I mis-wrote there though.

michel12

simple, what you wrote was very interesting but i couldnt read everything-i was blinded by the color,please next time use a different color:sad:

Mark-Alexis

Hello Mark-Alexis your chart has a four/five planet stellium that is particularly unusual because it includes a Jupiter Saturn conjunction. Jupiter Saturn conjunctions occur approximately every twenty years and so are considered generational in influence. There's plenty of action in your 3rd house which makes communication of all kinds important for you. With all those planets in the 3rd jostling for attention, things could get complicated communication-wise.

Is your birthtime reliable? I ask this because if you were born just ten. twelve or fifteen minutes earlier your Midheaven Sign would have been Aries. Rectification using the data you posted could indicate your Midheaven Sign more clearly, however there are many different methods. You may be interested to read the following on rectification
http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2009/12/11/five-tips-for-birth-chart-rectification/

Hi there! Thanks for responding and thanks for all of the great info. My BIRTH TIME comes from the 'Long-Form" version of my birth-certificate. I was a cesarean baby, so not sure if that effects things (from what I described of myself, does it seem like an Aries Midheaven would be more appropriate?; my father is an Aries, by the way...)

About Jupiter/Saturn conjunctions: I've heard this is a very "bi-polar" aspect, causing major swings from optimism to pessimism. It's amazing - sometimes I feel as bright and effervescent as a Sagittarian, the next I'm as weighed down as a Capricorn. Also, I plan on checking out the links you posted after replying to all of you. Again, thanks :wink:

Mark-Alexis, thank you for posting a clear chart, and also for filling us in on some of your details.

At a glance your chart is the chart of an introvert; one who thinks and considers, rather than acting out your responses to life. In such a personality, the `acting out' tends to be through self-destructive behaviour, since an introvert sees abuse and bad behaviour towards them as being a comment on their worth, rather than a comment about the perpetrator(s).

The good news is that with your (very recent) Saturn Return, `returning to the past' has been necessary, but chiefly as a way of sorting out what is true for you and what is not. Saturn's continuing passage through your 3rd house will further fine-tune your perceptions.

I notice that you have Mars in Cancer in the 12th house. This is not a great position for Mars. It is a very emotional and `feeling' Mars placement, where Mars is `happier' in an open and active placement. This Mars placement indicates that you are driven (Mars) by your emotions (Cancer) and your unconscious drives (12th House), This is easier to handle and to follow once you are using your creative drives in a way which keeps you connected to your deep unconscious. Writing, music, and other expressive art-forms are ways in which you can keep the channel open between your conscious and unconsious mind.

I think you would also appreciate the value of understanding your Moon's North and South node placements. The Moon's Nodes describe where you have come from (this is meant to be a comment on past life tendencies) which is the South Node, and where you are meant to be headed in this lifetime - described by the Moon's North Node.
I will link you to some reading on this:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/12/north-node-12th-house-pisces-north-node.html
This next link is because you have Mars conjunct your North Node:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/search/label/Planets conjunct the Nodes

The above is all kinds of amazing to me (esp about being an introvert and seeing my past abuses as a "comment" on my own worth. It's something I'm still fighting with now.

Also, re: Saturn transiting and 'returning to the past' - it does seem like that's what I've been doing for the past 1-2 years. I completed my 5th rehab just short of 2 years ago and since then 'digging into the past' seems to be an m.o. of mine - both consciously and unconsciouly. I've been delving into more regressions, etc. etc.

RE: The Nodes. I've never understood the importance of them. I studied them a bit, but forgot all of the info. I will definitely check into this. Thank you so much for taking the time out to respond!

I think that it's also interesting to note that your Sun is singleton and unaspected in the 2nd house. Singleton planets tend to 'funnel' the energy of the entire chart (I sould like a bot, but it's the truth). In your case, who you are at the core of your being is extremely important. I would guess that you have a clear idea of what you are about, but it can get interesting because as strong as that sense of self may be, you do have a strong 5 planet stellium competing for notice. What's more is that stellium is in your 3rd house in Libra which means that you are constantly thinking in terms of you vs. others, which is kinda awkward for your sun which is very much so aware of what it wants and needs. These two energies could be working at a cross purpose. That said, I believe that your engaging in music will help immensly because it properly channels the 3rd house energy so that your sun can take that energy and use it to support who and what it's about. Perfecting your art may become a huge pre-occupation that literally makes you come alive and brings meaning to your life.

Although I see that it may not be a Singleton, in fact, based on the responses, I have been told that the fact that it doesn't have a major aspect to any of the planets could be indicative of a few things. What those 'few things' are I cannot recall (that's why I'm here, lol).

Abuse? Mars in an Anaretic Degree, let alone in 12th House. Any Mars positions in 4th or 12th, I take a deeper look at, because this usually indicates the Ego "going away, or inside" to hide or take the backseat, to let some other creeper in.

It's a psychic defense that you need to understand there though with such a placement. Get a book on psychic defense.

And, as far as being "manly", the best part about music is that it is much like programming or DJing, which are pre-dominantly male-infused professions. There is a striking similarity, because of the sense of arrangement and "tinkering" that one has to do--- much like "real men" work on cars and put parts together. So, I would ask the dad, if he would learn more about your profession, while you learn about his. I'm seeing automotive background for him, clairvoyantly in my mind's eye-- where are we going with this?? I mean, what is it that I'm seeing, because cars feel very high-up on the list with his influence for whatever reason, ... and... ok, not to be stereotypical, but you have a lot of 3rd House stuff goin' on here, so it sort of screams "Cars!!!!"

I'm not going to be nice, ... I'll go a little out on a limb, unlike a few other astrologers here saying that, "You're learning about yourself and more interested in your life, bla bla bla..." I'm going to quite openly say that you're only into self-discovery because you've reached a crisis point,... and you pretty much have to now, or you'll truly miss the boat. To truly learn yourself, you have to be ready to make some commitments, and I truly feel, abuse or no abuse, your parents were a little firm in that department, wanting you only to make a commitment. And, here you are again at this point,... needing to make a full-on commitment, and that nagging, brass-tacks attitude from their authoritative voices (or lack thereof) is creeping through, putting on the pressure.

It's ALL in preparation, Alex. I'm hearing blame, blame, blame, but not enough, "OK, this is enough. I'm ready to get a new story here."

My FAVORITE author, teacher, Sonia Choquette (out of Chicago), explains in her book "Trust Your Vibes: Secrets for Sixth Sensory Living" that we often sometimes forget that we need to get a new story. Part of being sixth-sensory, living a happier life, is realizing when we need to get a new story. For years she was the "daugther of a Holocaust survivor".... I mean, imagine what sorts of energies that brings up when you bring THAT all up into a conversation??? She realized then, ... she wasn't just that, she had to be courageous enough to see herself in a different situation than what she was.

You're at that point right now. And, only because you have to (that's the part where I was saying I wasn't going to be nice...) You weren't "forced" to do anything differently, or see yourself in a different light... it was just survival mode. Now, you have Uranus coming to oppose your Saturn - shattering that old world, MAKING you wake up to your sixth sense, to your Higher Self and a more healthier, happier life... A "new" foundation (a Saturn that was Touched By An Angel... and that angel I'll call Uranus, in this story).

You're extremely clever, yes, and with words, and you're extremely clairvoyant as well, but you have a lot to organize visually.... I see you as almost autistic in nature, or somehow A.D.H.D. I see you thinking in pictures, in colors... I often put fonts in colors on this forum, but I feel you'd respond better to my usual orange-colored font than most. Sort of a "wake up!" color for fonts, eh? That's probably something that the parents didn't know much about themselves to be able to relate, or didn't have the time to deal with such "extreme" talents (or mental disorder, however the "doctors" classify it!!! LOL... I prefer to say gifts-and-laundry-all-in-one-basket!!! LOL)... plus, I see the dad being a bit of an alcoholic himself, or at least, to *ME*, I'm visualizing that in my mind's eye on his side of the family moreso than the mother's. I'm also seeing TWO mothers in this story, ... so I don't know what that is all about, but, I'm sure it provides a fun little extra-chapter to your story, than just saying you had only two parents. Feels more like 3 parents, LOL, yes yes.... curious?? All well, I'll let you have at that one... maybe you had an older sister 10 yrs your senior or something weird like that.

Another point I'd like to make, and pardon if it is a repeat, because I skimmed other people's responses--- Mars Square Pluto has great potential for people who are into the physical arts, ... and Mars in 12th House always reminds me of karate for whatever reason..... have you given it much thought to just join a class or two? Sometimes they start off with "free first classes", and you could call up and around your area and just ask, "Do you have a free first class I could join to test the waters?"..... I really feel you'd excel when you get your mind AND your body on the same page, because you're a much more ... hmm.... "active" person, especially for your age... I can't see you gaining a whole lot of weight, and when I was your age (just a couple years ago, LOL, I'm 31), ... I started getting a bit of a belly, and always teased for not eating enough, weighing 155.... now I'm more like, ahem, 180, not that much, but still... a lot for me... but I see you being still much more active and being able to shed off weight, expelling a lot of energy in the physical body..... Saturn Returns ARE NIGHTMARES, I've NEVER heard a good thing about them, so I attribute my weight gain to that LOL....... I have yet to hear good stories anyhow about Saturn Returns, LOL (talk about needing to change the story, right?) I mean, yea, I worked hard, I got the house thing goin' on, got a new car, yada yada... but it was just a crisis point for me in so many other ways that people don't readily see... it's just ugly to me, and no one ever says, "Oh, it was a breeeeze, I loved it!!!" Ya know??

Scott, I edited your post when quoting to you for space conservation, but I must say that your post was something really beautiful and refreshing to read this a.m. There's so much I want to respond to, so I'll list them (my responses):

1. About "Changing The Story". It is absolutely amazing to me that you are the second person to bring this to my attention within the last 2 months. The first being my therapist who said to me in a session approx. two weeks ago: "You need let go of the old story that keeps you running along perpetually, going through the motions of the same plot..." I've never read this anywhere or had anyone tell me this in any of the other therapeutic setting I've been in. To hear it twice in one month is cause for pause.

2. About my dad and "Cars". He was a valet attendant for years at a ritzy apartment building in New York City. On the side, he would offer to wash and fine tune tenants cars and was very successful at it. I helped him a lot during this time.

3. About Mars in the 12th and about "the ego going away or inside". This is an amazing interpretation. It's often how I've felt w/o a proper way of expressing it. I never made a connection with this aspect and abuse.

4. About Autism and ADHD. STUNNING! I'm not either - at least I haven't been diagnosed, but I my first love (I met him 2003/2004) has ADHD. We've since broken up, though I care for him dearly. He was also a pianist. My second major love, an all around musician - flute, bagpipes, violin, etc. - is Autistic! I've always been drawn to these types of people...

Still, I do think in images. I think in "film", as I like to say, complete with editing techniques and all that jazz. lol. About your color of choice - it actually turned me of. I ended up highlighting your post so the text would be white against a blue background ;)

5. KARATE - My father forced me into karate at a young age and it sort of ruined the art for me. He was merciless during that time in my childhood. Still, physical activity has always been something I've gone to for release, be it running, weight training or even sex. I'm actually planning on starting "training" again. A few years ago I got into a NAVY Seals regimen that really changed my body but also was/is intense enough to unwind my mind. Don't know if that makes any sense (still waking up).

6. CLAIRVOYANCE - I've often felt this. I've had in inordinate amount of hunches turn out to be true/real. Still, where do you get this sense from? Is it from any placement in my chart? Or just your own hunch? (By the way, speaking of hunches, I just had a flash of green eyes, don't know why). But, in either case, what makes you think this.

EDIT: Also, about having "TWO MOTHERS". My mother actually fell in love with a woman (I was 21 at the time) and whenever I would come back home to visit or stay with them, I got along well with my mother's lover and even consider her to be family, to some degree, still. Also, my mother is a Gemini ;)

TO ALL: Thank you so much for the gracious and lengthy responses (I love reading others' thoughts). You've all provided me with some great insights and some great start-ups in terms of research materials.

Can't wait to read more from you guys. :wink:

Last edited:

Mark-Alexis

EDIT: Does anyone know of anything called a "handle" planet? I forgot what "the handle" is for, but I remember being told something in regards to Mars being the handle of my chart. Also, is there any significance to Mars being the only planet in the upper hemisphere of my chart?

2nd EDIT: I "the handle", from what I've read, is if you have a "bucket chart"? Mine is close to that, but it seems to be what Riles stated - a "bowl chart". In that case, Mars seems to be my "leading planet"? What does this mean? That the energies of Mars lead my actions or that Mars is an energy I need to develop? A bit confused.

This has been fantastic to read. Didn't know/remember that the Nodes were so important, esp. in regards to "old patterns/habits". Thank you much for this. I plan on reading further.

I don't know if you've looked up information on chart shape, but you have a bowl, which I think indicates a more self-contained nature capable of bearing heavy burdens. Here are some links:

http://www.myastrologybook.com/Bowl-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Bowl.htm
http://www.starscan.plus.com/untimed%20charts/untimed_charts_shape.html
http://setlist.com/kerry/charts/Jerrys_Birth.htm

This is amazing stuff. I've never been told that I have a "bowl chart". And now it's so **** obvious, lol. Also, what I'm reading so far is chillingly accurate. Thanks for this!

Last edited:

Riles

EDIT: Does anyone know of anything called a "handle" planet? I forgot what "the handle" is for, but I remember being told something in regards to Mars being the handle of my chart. Also, is there any significance to Mars being the only planet in the upper hemisphere of my chart?

2nd EDIT: I "the handle", from what I've read, is if you have a "bucket chart"? Mine is close to that, but it seems to be what Riles stated - a "bowl chart". In that case, Mars seems to be my "leading planet"? What does this mean? That the energies of Mars lead my actions or that Mars is an energy I need to develop? A bit confused.

This is amazing stuff. I've never been told that I have a "bowl chart". And now it's so **** obvious, lol. Also, what I'm reading so far is chillingly accurate. Thanks for this!
You're welcome! Well, read up on bucket charts, too, in case I'm wrong and you have a bucket and not a bowl. I'm not a professional astrologer, and one may see something that I'm missing. I'm not sure about handles, to be honest...I know my chart has a handle, but it's a fan, and I would imagine the effects of handles for each to be quite different because a fan's handle is like a funnel point on the opposite side of the chart, while your handle, if Mars is it, is in much closer proximity and to the side.

Also, this page was very helpful for me when I first started digging more into astrology:
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm

And because you have a bottom-heavy, left hemisphere dominant chart:
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/11.1TopOrBottom.htm
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/11.2RightOrLeftChart.htm

You also seem to have a majority in one element (Air):
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/11.3MajorityHousesElement.htm

Last edited:
Why is the Sun a singleton? Mercury also shares the house and sign. The chart shows aspects (not in the wheel, but in the table on the bottom left) to the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, and Midheaven.
Sun is *unaspected* and not a singleton,Neptune is a singleton, ie:eek:nly planet in fire element which burns weakly, and lack of planets in fire houses, shows loss of impetus, drive, energy and ability to intiate matters.

It is bowl shape chart and therefore does not have a handle, that would be a bucket chart.

stelliums in houses
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080418162943AA1TzLE
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/stellium_grandquintile.shtml
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33102
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

Bowl chart
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Bowl.htm
http://www.myastrologybook.com/Bowl-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/resources/articles/getarticle.asp?ID=128
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/planetary-patterns.php
http://www.astrococktail.com/planetaryorderIII.html

mars in 12th house suggests you were not able to 'act' in a way you wanted in childhood, quite poss just sent to your room to cool off, thereby 'learning' not to take action as it didn't bring you results....

mars square pluto can attract to or give out physical violence, so I see it as a good thing that your father made you take martial arts. Sports would have worked just as well though.

Scorpio/pluto rules the IC/home roots and is placed in3rd house of communications suggesting some form of verbal abuse in childhood.

saturn conj moon and venus shows feeling of being unloved in early childhood, and having to endure financial hardships (like mum)and thereby developing a cautious reserved affectional nature. moon conj saturn suggests a cold, strict, aloof, distant disciplinarian mother and/or father (saturn =father) moon = mother

now as you have grown older lovely Jupiter it sandwiched between venus and moon, suggegsting you have a great capacity to go a little OTT with emotions and affections, espec with words (3rd house stellium) and libra = relationships.

Mercury square neptune can suggest all sorts of mis communications and a vivid imagination and dream fantasy kind of world. There is *potential* for writing fantasy work. I agree with other members, even though Leo Asc can be very sociable extrovert and bossy and likes being the centre of attention at times, that unaspected sun is detailed focus, worrying, analytical Virgo that may well swing from times of extroversion to introversion in the blink of an eye..

Transiting saturn is currently going over all your libran planets and is 'testing' what is of value to you and what is working and not working. when it conjuncts venus (rather soon) a friendship or relatinship may well end, you could be short of money and simply want to withdraw and time alone to recoup.

T Jupiter has just gone over your MC and it should have been opportunities to be a little more sociable or perhaps offer opportunities for work/career even..

astro.com has a free 'personal portrait' interpretation of a natal chart in the free horoscope section, you simply put the cursor on a planet and it brings a pop up box to explain what it means to have a planet in that house and any other aspects it has to natal planets. plus a six month free transit report in 'short report'
Robert Hand gives a valuable in depth explanation of transits here – only slight objection I have with astro, is they use orbs of upto maybe 10' approaching, exact and departing. So most transits seem very long in effect. I use more realistic orbs of 1' approaching, 1' exact and 1' departing.
http://www.khaldea.com/ephemcenter.shtml

JUPITERASC

Hi there! Thanks for responding and thanks for all of the great info. My BIRTH TIME comes from the 'Long-Form" version of my birth-certificate. I was a cesarean baby, so not sure if that effects things (from what I described of myself, does it seem like an Aries Midheaven would be more appropriate?; my father is an Aries, by the way...)

Casarean's are generally accurately timed, although I suppose by the time your time of birth was actuallly recorded on paper trail so to speak, some minutes could have passed? Interesting as well that your father is Aries because your Midheaven Sign is said to relate to your parents :smile: