Need help with spiritual interpretations/House1&2/N.Node

kyle8921

Kyle-AstrologicChart.jpg

Ok... House 1 and House 12 are too confusing for me to interpret...

Really, it's that North/True Node thing that I don't understand.

Anyway, I'm constantly in a state of spiritual confusion. Could this be because I have Neptune in House 12? But... wouldn't Saturn also in House 12 kinda... nullify the effect of Neptune?

Just a sidenote... my religius beliefs change like every few weeks... And every now and then, I'm an absolute atheist. Could this be because my Aquarius rising is conflicting with Sun in Pisces? Some days I'm Catholic, some I'm just "spiritual," sometimes I'm just Christian, sometimes I'm atheist, and sometimes, I tend to place my entire fate in the stars (and to make it even worse, I sometimes think that the stars are a giant clock that God set up for us, so I place my fate in God's hands, but seen through the stars...) Yea... one giant spiritual mess.

And Mercury is exaclty conjuncting my Ascendant... what does this mean? Could it have any spiritual meaning? Is this House 1 or 12?

But what I really don't understand... is my North Node. I hear this means your future? Or, a quest or something that you need to overcome in your life?

I'm always searching for "myself." I really have no way to define who I am... after highschool, I'd like to save up money and travel the world on a spiritual journey and discover who I am... you know, visit Jerusalem, Rome, Paris... the southwestern US.... I'm just really confused with myself and what I believe...

Is this the effect of the North Node in my first House? Or... are my House 1's Venus and Sun getting the best of me?

---

I really was just confused with all this... and currently, I'm at another spritual crossroad... but I thought I'd see what astrology had to say, becauseI really have NO idea what I believe anymore :shock:

devalight

Kyle,

Just a couple of thoughts in looking at your chart, since I have had a lot of spiritual confusion in my life also.

For spiritual matters look to the 9th house, 3rd house and the planets Neptune and Jupiter.

I think your opposition of Pluto in Scorpio on the MC to Mars may be what is involved in your thinking about taking long journeys to discover "what you believe". The 9th is the house of philosophy, and in medieveal astrology the house of religion, and long journeys. Also, consider the close position of Jupiter feeding into this.

It seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that your Aquarius ascendent and Mercury indicate an intellectual tendency. Do you tend to analyze things and take them apart? Pluto in Scorpio would do that.
It seems to me that these two factors alone would tend to make a person unable to take things on faith as required in the Church (not for long anyway, Mercury is kind of shifty). In additon, your Venus is also afflicted, which may be another contributing factor. I think Venus is a factor in religion that is largely ignored by astrology texts.

Your Saturn is powerfully placed, but consider that Neptune has a trine to the moon. Therefore, I do not think its effect is nullified. You are a person of deep feeling and this is given a serious quality. Tie that in with the Jupiter trine the Pluto factor and you are on one serious quest! The trines to Pluto and from your Saturn, Uranus conjuction may indicate eventual resolution of these spiritual problems you describe. There is nothing wrong with uncertainty.

I know I haven't addressed all your questions, but these are just the general impressions I have. I hope this makes some sense.

Devalight

wilsontc

Staff member
Spiritual confusion

Kyle,

You asked:

House 1 and House 12 are too confusing for me to interpret...it's that North/True Node thing that I don't understand...I'm constantly in a state of spiritual confusion...wouldn't Saturn also in House 12 kinda... nullify the effect of Neptune?...Mercury is exaclty conjuncting my Ascendant... what does this mean?...North Node...this means your future?...

In addition to the excellent analysis of Devalight, I would add:
- 1rst house (being, also action); this is the house about our existence and what we do with it

12th house (spirituality); this is the house about how we are all interconnected with each other

- North node (future goals); these are the goals we are striving in life to achieve

- Your spiritual confusion could be caused by having Neptune (spirituality) conjunct (energy is combined with) Saturn (duty, also structure) conjunct Uranus (friends, also unstructuring); this could indicate an urge to structure spirituality which is immediately followed by an urge to "tear it apart" (rebel against it); the challenge is to let the spiritual structure exist WHILE unstructuring it, and then rebuilding the spiritual structure in a new, improved way.

- Mercury (thinking/daily work) focused in 12th house (spirituality, Mercury conjunct Ascendant (self) in house of its fall (very challenging energy); Mercury focused in the 12th house tends to "scatter" its thinking; Since Mercury is conjunct the Ascendant, the person tends to personally identify with this "scattered" thinking

Interpreting,

Tim

Summery Joy

Kyle,

You've got great replies here so I'm not going to address the placements that have already been discussed. However, I will offer some insight about the nodes of the moon.

First of all, don't just look at the sign and house placements of the North Node. The Nodes are a pair. The North Node is always directly opposite the South Node. If you want to really understand them, it’s wise to study the 12 signs as pairs of opposites. In your case, you should study Pisces/Virgo (which is the polar opposite of mine by the way :) )

A lot of the resources you will find about the nodes of the moon will introduce the North as the good cop and the south as the bad one :D A lot of astrologers believe that the North Node points to where and how things go right and the South Node points to where and how things go wrong. I do not follow that school.

I believe that the South Node represents habit patterns from childhood (or from past lives if you believe in those). They are comfortable patterns, which is probably why they sometimes get in the way of you having the kinds of connections you want with other people. There may be a tendency to overdo yourself in the South Node area. Conjuntions with the South Node have a special influence increasing that effect.

The North Node (contrary to common belief) is where things feel unfamiliar. Its placement is key to where and how to get cravings met. Obviously, this offers an area for grwoth. I guess this is why many believe that the North Node is the good cop.. I mean.. the good node :) So don't listen to those who tell you to go to your North Node and completely shun the South Node. They both have something to give and something to teach.

Let's take a look at your North in Pisces/South in Virgo situation. South Node in virgo = childhood or previous life patterns with Virgo traits. You have inborn practicality and sense of order, but also a sense of panic and anxiety when things do not go as planned. You may burden yourself with rigid patterns of behviour because you feel that it is expected of to be "perfect". How to deal with this? Look at the mission the North Node gives you with its Pisces traits. Learn how to let go of worry and obssession with details. Go easy on the criticizing and try to connect to people... and things. This doesn't mean to kill your longing for order and perfection, but rather to learn that you will only satisfy it through the realization that everything is in fact in divine order, even if our limited human minds perceive only chaos.

To further understand your Nodes placements, let's take a brief look at it's polar opposite, North in Virgo/ South in Pisces. I have this placement. It gives me an innate tendency to escape the world and withrdraw into myself through daydreaming, additction or things like that. This is my Pisces pattern. The lesson Virgo has to teach me is to work for my own good. I need to start serving myself in order to serve other people. I need to learn that I'm responsible for my own actions and the world around me didn't make a victim out of me. The truth is that I tend to make one out of myself by hoping (or wishing rather) for things that connot practically take place.

Note that everything written above is about the nodes of the moons without considering any other placements in the chart. Other placements could make the South Node tendencies stronger or weaker. They could also help the North Node teach us its lesson or make it harder for it to make its point. :)

Hope I've been helpful.