Thoughts on Magi Society Synastry Aspects?

StarNur

Anyone study or experience any of the Magi Society synastry aspects, like the Juno-Chiron long-term (or lifetime sexual) linkage, or the Juno-Venus mistress (or ultimate sexual) linkage?

Do you find any validity to them?

Moondance

I had my chart reviewed with my X'x, and I found the aspects cited to be very true, not only the sexual ones but the ones involving Saturn/Pluto/Chiron. Nevertheless, they are certainly a bunch of freakazoids.

Moondance

They are a group of astrologers who have developed their own theories and system of analysis, and are somewhat rigid in their thinking, but have produced some interesting results. If you are interested, google for their website.

Jupiter Rocks

Why do people that don't understand things always get so insulting? Horary has a strict set of rules that have to be adhered to otherwise answers to questions would be continually wrong. If the Magi Society is getting good results with their work, which you have said regarding their accuracy then how is that bad? They are proving their method works. I don't understand where you are coming from with your comment. Haven't you heard of diversity and 'different but equal'? It applies to all walks of life.

I am a member of the Magi Society and I haven't read or seen anything that constitutes 'freakazoid' - just well laid out rules for a system that works - like horary.

archergirl

I've had a look at the website. It seems most interesting and is certainly worth investigating. I'm not sure I'm ready to fork out 80 bucks for the privilege just yet, but I may when I'm feeling flush. Their interpretation of aspects is a little different from traditional astrology, but that doesn't mean it's all bunk... just a twist on it.

astro.teacher

Still can't get around the lack of houses. Seems like they haven't done thier research. Though they do state that thier astrology can be used by people with no birth time, so maybe it's all part of a marketing ploy to steal paying customers (without no birth time) from existing traditional astrologers.

When you dont have a birth time, you cant use Houses because the time helps you line up the Houses. If you go to Astro.com and type in "Unknown" for birthtime all you get is Signs. In my opinion that is quite incomplete. It makes things a lot more difficult when you dont know what area of life Planets are focusing in (a ill debilitated Planet in the 9th is a lot different then one in the 5th).

If someone doesnt know their birthtimes they can rectify it themselves. Its quite a simple process (and there are 3 main methods of doing this). I have these listed on my website;

http://antiquus.50webs.com/Birth.html

They are pretty simple. Try it out and verify your birthtime. They are suposed to be used together in order to verify correctly.

Moondance

I just saw some folks reaction to my terminology, and I'm a bit surprised. after all,"freakazoid' is pretty tame. The reason I feel this way about them is because they have a reputation of enforcing rigid "thought
control" and not allowing people to question. I find their work interesting,and of value- I don't have to like them.

barbh

Account Closed
I hosted the Magi Society to give a lecture here, and one of the 'head guys', named Ken, did give us great insight. I don't agree with their take on Juno however. They see Juno as the 'mistress' asteroid, but I have certainly found it to be active as a marriage timer. (mistress may not be their word, but it was along those lines). He did give us some info into their background, and how they, and only they, hold the secret times and dates to many important events in history. He said that they safeguard these secrets, because if they got out, then too many people would have access to knowledge that they may not necessarily do good things with. In my opinion, they do good work and have given us new insight, but they come across as very scientology-esque in their attitude. They don't believe that knowledge is free for everyone, only for people who share their beliefs.
I've used the chiron to venus neptune and saturn aspects for a while, and they do seem to work in synastry. Especially that saturn chiron one.....watch out for that one! As for timers, Chiron transiting to Venus by parallel or conjunction does not always bring about a love opportunity, as I've seen with myself and many of my friends. In fact, I've never seen it do that. They say it does however.
I always check their website now and again to see what's now in their research, at least the research they are willing to share with us. I do think it's valuable, but I don't overlook their incredibly patronizing attitude either. I take the info and then see if it fits for me.
barbh

Moulin

I like Magi. I am a member. In fact Magi got me into astrology.

I believe in their belief system of Chiron and Juno. I can of course only speak from personal experience but l analysed all my past relationships with Magi and nearly all of them had Saturn/Chiron clashes or Nuclear clashes.

I was born with a cinderella parallel aspect of Chiron/venus in declinations and in my synastry with my man we have these aspects (all at 3degrees, with geo declinations at 1.2deg and helio declinations at 0.3deg as allowed by Magi).

Chiron trine neptune geo - lifelong cinderella linkage
Chiron trine neptune helio - lifelong cinderella linkage
chiron paralell venus - cinderella magical aspect
chiron opposite venus - no idea what this means!

I do know that in a first meeting chart, if one has a saturn clash then it can be negated by marrying on a good day!

For instance with my man we have these transits on our first meeting charts

his chiron quincunx T saturn
his saturn quincunx T venus
his saturn square T chiron
his chiron contra paralell T saturn
his saturn contra parallel T venus
These are not good aspects and can only be negated by marrying on a good day!!!

He also had
Chiron quincunx jupiter - cinderella aspect
chiron parallel venus - cinderella magical aspect
venus parallel neptune - lifelong cinderella aspect

Whereas l had on that day
NO clashes

Romantic golden transit
chiron Quincunx venus - cinderella aspect
Chiron contraparallel venus - not sure if this is a cinderella aspect
Saturn contra parallel venus - not sure what it means!
Chiron trine juno - lifetime mistress aspect

So one looks at the 1st meeting and says "well we have cinderella aspects which is GOOD.
However, the chart for the actual day we met had:
Chiron parallel pluto - cinderella linkage
Chiron quincunx mars - marriage linkage
BUT we had these disasterous linkages ---
Saturn trine jupiter which is either a nuclear clash or bond (not sure which)
saturn trine jupiter (again not sure if good or bad)

OK so the above was an example of how Magi works... the ONE problem l have with Magi is that one day they say "saturn trine chiron" or "saturn trine jupiter" is a BOND and then on another chart they say it is a CLASH!
One is much worse than the other and this is where l get frustrated with Magi. They change the goalposts all the time LOL

On the other hand, the cinderella and lifelong linkages l really believe in and there is something magical about meeting someone during one of these aspects, whilst having them yourself on that day AND also having them in your synastry.

Hope l haven't confused you by this post :p

(don't get me started on the sexual aspects/linkages and their meaning!)

Moulin

Look out for mystical triangles too... l have 2 with my man - (my chiron trine his neptune (which also conjuncts his neptune) square my jupiter quincunx my chiron) and (my chiron (conjunct my venus) trine his neptune square my jupiter quincunx his chiron)

A Mystical Triangle is formed by three planets where one side is a trine, one side is a square, and the third side is a quincunx. A mystical Triangle in a CAC is very powerful and creates a very high level of mutual attraction. In Magi Astrology, the Mystical Triangle that is the most powerful in creating love and romantic attraction is the one that is formed by the three Magi Romance Planets. There are three Magi Romance Planets and they are Chiron, Venus and Neptune. So when it comes to love, a Mystical Triangle formed by Chiron, Venus, and Neptune is the most powerful of all possible Mystical Triangles and they are signs of nearly irresistible mutual romantic attraction. Such Mystical Triangles are so powerful and important that we give them a special name - we call them Romantic Mystical Triangles.

A Romantic Mystical Triangle is a Mystical Triangle formed by the three Romance Planets (Chiron, Venus, and Neptune). A Romantic Mystical Triangle is extremely rare. The average woman or man never gets a chance to date anyone with whom she or he forms a romantic Mystical Triangle. For more information go to: http://www.magiastrology.com/madonna_leone.htm

Moulin

Why are you now moving the goal post when you originally asked why they don't use houses!!!!!

I gave you the info so cough up with your answer ABOUT THAT, not by trying to deflect LOL

:p

Moulin

coffee said:
But yeah, this section is about aspects, so I will go sit in naughty corner and not rant.

Come back Coffee, i'm interested in your views.... plus l only meowed - it's not like l roarrrrrred at you :)

Charm

The link does not work.

astro.teacher said:
When you dont have a birth time, you cant use Houses because the time helps you line up the Houses. If you go to Astro.com and type in "Unknown" for birthtime all you get is Signs. In my opinion that is quite incomplete. It makes things a lot more difficult when you dont know what area of life Planets are focusing in (a ill debilitated Planet in the 9th is a lot different then one in the 5th).

If someone doesnt know their birthtimes they can rectify it themselves. Its quite a simple process (and there are 3 main methods of doing this). I have these listed on my website;

http://antiquus.50webs.com/Birth.html

They are pretty simple. Try it out and verify your birthtime. They are suposed to be used together in order to verify correctly.

Charm

I don't understand how the Magi generate their charts? They look like sine waves. What type of charting system is this?

Moulin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks so much for giving some of your time to answer my questions on Magi aspects.
It is a subject that l could talk endlessly about and in some ways l wish that the Magi members had their own forum, as l and others would surely learn a lot! Plus, seeing as we pay for a membership the Magi's would automatically understand that we are serious in our approach, enabling a respectful and evolving 'area' that in time, would become a fountain of knowledge.

I find your words regarding the Saturn-Chiron opposition interesting as l literally just yesterday drew an horary question of "is he the one for me?"
I'm starting to feel this Impossible Dreams Clash already. Not good. It's like eating a bad oyster, ruins the whole experience.

Luckily l now listen to my intuition, having ignored it in the past and finding myself in a **** of a mess, which was exceedingly difficult to extract myself from so l appreciate your explaining this to me immensely.

Saturn trine Jupiter sounds like a really awful coffee after a rotten meal !

Thank you again for clarifying these aspects. I shall make a note of them.
Anything else that you think is relevant to share, i'm all ears :)

(sorry, ...not sure where all the food analogies came from!)

Moulin

Icplanets said:
Hello Moulin,

I’m very well versed in Magi Astrology and wanted to share with some of my comments on the aspects you posted between you and your loved one.

Chiron opposite Venus is referred to as impossible dream clash, it is not in and of itself necessarily a deal killer in a relationship however, it does indicate some sort of fundamental incompatibility issue and a feeling the other person is may not be THE one for you..

Rather than say a Saturn Clash in a first meeting chart or in a CAC (synastry) with a natal chart can be negated by an auspicious wedding chart, I would use the word mitigate. The Magi believe that in relationship astrology nothing can be negated and there is no aspect cancelation. However, there can be some mitigation with a well chosen marriage chart that can reduce the impact of the turbulent aspect(s), but they never go away completely.

Venus parallel Neptune is a delicious romantic aspect signifying an enduring romance, but it is not a Cinderella aspect.

Chiron contra-parallel Venus is indeed a Cinderella aspect.
Saturn contra-parallel Venus would be a Saturn Clash and it would be classified as a turbulent aspect.

Saturn trine Jupiter is a Saturn linkage and it’s always been labeled a Saturn linkage (as has Saturn trine Chiron). Yet, the Magi have said that it is the worst linkage you can have between two people, or an event and a person, and in many ways it is worse than a lot of non-Saturn clash aspects. Specifically, Saturn trine Jupiter promotes poor choices and bad decisions.

I hope that helps to clarify some things for you.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I agree with coffee in that I find the Magi Society's discontiuned usage of houses to be very unsettling. The ability to deem one of the four main 'pillars' of astrology as nonsense due to mathematical complications is ridiculous if you ask me. Perhaps they also use it so as they do not have to chance using incorrect house significations, which seems to be very popular these days. So, not only do they project their confidence, they also cover their backs, but rub astrology the wrong way by deciding to omit a particularly important quarter of astrology while apparently over-advertising a second fourth.

I'm always interested in all things related to the Quartet, but was disheartened when I noticed it seems they only revere Juno while omitting the rest of her group. Also, I've never seen much sexual to do with Juno, so I would indeed like to see these instances. Perhaps it's just me having a Virgoan Juno, but she is conjoined to my Descendant and in relationships sex is the last thing I'm after. I also have Venus in Virgo, which may factor in as well, however in my early days of astrology, I read several things that suggested this placement made sexual relationships very attractive to me. They are not. -.-'

I also find the usage of the heliocentric system to be philosphically unsound. To put it simply: we do not live on Sol. We are not concerned with how the sky appears in relation to Sol. We are not held to the same positions and aspects on Earth as the ones that appear on Sol.

Moulin

[deleted entire post, since it was attacking another member and did not add any new astrology to the discussion - Moderator]

"Loving yourself is the greatest gift you can receive, so give it to yourself every day".

Last edited by a moderator: