Lunar eclipse 15 degrees Cancer in July opposite natal Saturn

Neptune Rising

Hi :)
I know its a bit early but I see this coming up and was wondering about it.

Lunar eclipse, Moon at 15 Capricorn, Sun in Cancer.

This eclipse will conjunct fixed star Vega "Luck in politics, artistic talent, fleeting fame, double dealing, generosity, practicality" from http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html

This Moon will be opposite my natal 7th house Saturn, so Sun will be conjuncting it. I have read that lunar eclipses can bring an end to things, but would this be when it conjuncts a planet? If so, what happens when the eclipse happens opposite it?

Lunar eclipses are about internal events, but with it opposing my 7th house Saturn, could this manifest a person, or an event in relation to Saturn or the 7th house? It also squares the MC, I think this can bring challenges to work or career.

The following Solar eclipse will be opposite my natal Sun, trine Juno, mild square to 10th house Uranus, on 7th/8th cusp. I'm quite excited about this, looks like a complete change of some nature.

Joseph Ledzion

Also conjoined to Sirius, 14* Cancer. Sirius is what our Star and solar system gravitationally revolves around.

It's never too late to look ahead. Eclipses last 6 months, so it is a good idea to look ahead by 6 months!

This will highlight security and boundary issues for you. It is within 1*, so it will be potent. During the 6 month time period, generally, you can expect to separate from a mode of protection that you previously thought was safe. It will gradually dissolve away from your psyche, and the personal crystalized walls that have been built as a defense against others because of feelings of vulnerability and the fear of death that manifests as the fear of leaving loved ones behind, will be rearranged, in order to open you up emotionally to your what your Jupiter in Pisces is really saying. Jupiter in Pisces cannot do anything but be open to the experience of love and pain, and it cannot protect itself, nor can it be arrogant or judge what is feels. It just feels. It is like an open window, with both sunlight and darkness coming through.

Essentially, eclipses serve us by bringing up issues that we thought were long buried! "Like, wow, I forgot about that!" Since this eclipse is an 2nd/8th house (Whole Sign House) aspect, the issue is security and self-containment because of fear, and it will probably involve whatever is most dear to you, in the physical world, because whatever material possession or object has your energy most directed unto it, will become the concrete catalyst for a change in consciousness. Or, again, something can unexpectedly pop up from no where, something unfinished in your consciousness that has been merely layered over with time and random disconnected happenings. We all have things that remain within us, eclipses pull them out.

Because you know this ahead of time, I suggest doing what the Native Americans did, a particular ritual called "take away." Willingly give up something that is valuable to you, that way life doesn't have to surprise you and take away something when you are not expecting it. This is a healthy sacrifice, and it will work well for this particular eclipse, and in alignment with your chart.

Don't think about other people with this eclipse. Very important. This is about you, and only you, because, there is only you, because there is only one of us here. One Spirit. Be open, and that's all you have to do. Nothing scary.

I doubt you're the money-clinging type, but if you were, I would expect a loss of money. Saturn rules your 2nd of course. Anyway, the last 3 months of the eclipse (the effects last 6 months), things will come together nicely, because Jupiter in the 4th is a very happy final dispositer, and your depth and willingness to go the distance and do the work needed for self actualization is there, so negative effects tend to mitigate -- because of your open heart and willingness to love and be loved. This is the natural state of the universe, so you are being lawful in the causal sense.

I just thought -- the nodes don't switch signs until August 21st, if I recall correctly. This eclipse, if it's not a total eclipse, will not be powerful at all. A partial eclipse requires 17* in order to take place. A total eclipse needs to be within 4* or so. So, I haven't looked at it yet, but it doesn't seem to be a total eclipse, so no biggie. It's the total ones, like we had on January 26th, that are gnarly!!

Good luck, let us know how it goes !

Last edited:

freedomlover

Great post, Joseph! I enjoyed it - it was very helpful for me, too.

NR,

Thanks for reminding me about this. I have the feeling it is going to affect me in a powerful way, as well.

It is right on my Mars/Neptune Midpoint in Cap. It is also on the Sun of a significant person in my life. This should be interesting.

I would comment on yours, but my head is not connecting the dots very well. I would need to see your chart.

Just in general, I do think that security issues concerning a partner may be prominent. Also issues with parents. Deep-seated feelings of rejection may come up to be dealt with. Materialism in any form may be rearing its head.

Food for thought....

FL

Neptune Rising

Thanks so much Joseph, that was so interesting!

Yes I've just had a look, its a small one. But the solar eclipse is a biggie, total solar.
Ok so I won't worry so much as its a small one.

Yes your so right, I need to think of me, not others, that is something been suggested to me on other occasions, and to be open. Perhaps that is what this eclipse might show me with my clingy Saturn in Cancer in the 7th/8th. Definately I have a fear of letting go, it will be good to let go of this!

No I'm not a money clinger, more like let it go a bit too much, perhaps that is why my money situation seems a bit precarious just now. That could also have something to do with my fear of letting go. I'm hoping to move house, I've been here over 3 years in shared accomodation and its become a security blanket for me. I'm hoping to let that go in a couple of months and find a new place. I think that is the only non-person object that i really value just now that gives me the most security.

A dear friend has his North Node at 16 degrees Cancer too, he is hoping to visit some long lost family around that time. It looks like it will be interesting for him. So the Eclipse will fall on his South Node. I wonder if our friendship will change in some way as full moons can mean a culmination or decision of some type. It might highlight something from his past, or a release of some type being on the dragon's tail. Wow I just noticed it will at the same time form T-square to his Venus/Jupiter opposition! So that's a grand cross including the Sun in Cancer! Gosh some interesting times for him!

Another friend has his Venus at 15 degrees Capricorn. We had a brief sort of romance earlier this year.

I'll let you know what happens, thanks again for so much food for thought :)

Next year, my Solar return falls on the solar eclipse (16th Jan early am)! :eek: Exciting!

Neptune Rising

freedomlover said:
It is right on my Mars/Neptune Midpoint in Cap. It is also on the Sun of a significant person in my life. This should be interesting.

I would comment on yours, but my head is not connecting the dots very well. I would need to see your chart.

Just in general, I do think that security issues concerning a partner may be prominent. Also issues with parents. Deep-seated feelings of rejection may come up to be dealt with. Materialism in any form may be rearing its head.

Food for thought....

FL

Thanks FL, do let us know what happens with your eclipse effects. It will indeed be interesting. I'm wondering what the solar eclipse brings too, the one that follows at 29 degrees Cancer. Its a south node eclipse, so maybe something of a release? Could it even be considered an 'easy' eclipse as its the comfortable south node?

I'm glad, as Jopeph pointed out, its a mild eclipse this lunar one.

I'll keep my eye out for those issues of security that might come up. Its such a gift to know these things in advance, it helps so much in keeping a balanced perspective so we can learn more rather than get totally lost in the situations.

Neptune Rising

Joseph Ledzion said:
It will gradually dissolve away from your psyche, and the personal crystalized walls that have been built as a defense against others because of feelings of vulnerability and the fear of death that manifests as the fear of leaving loved ones behind, will be rearranged, in order to open you up emotionally to your what your Jupiter in Pisces is really saying. Jupiter in Pisces cannot do anything but be open to the experience of love and pain, and it cannot protect itself, nor can it be arrogant or judge what is feels. It just feels. It is like an open window, with both sunlight and darkness coming through.

Ah ha I forgot the lunar eclipse trines natal Jupiter too, he rules my ascendant and in the 3rd house in Placedius, or 4th whole house. Perhaps this will inspire me to my healing vocation, I'll let you know! :)

kindjali

Hi,

It happens in my first house...also, on July 21 I have Solar Eclipse on my Vertex on 29:00 Cancer....with few days delay, transiting NN will conjuct my antivertex:rolleyes:.

K.

Spicadilly

Thanks for opening this thread! Joseph like you I love watching eclipses to predict what will happen in the next 6 months.

So far 2009 eclipses have landed in H3/9 and will again this summer which coincides with thoughts of travelling to the USA.

The LE will fall either H2 or H3 and oppose my Venus activating a t-square with Moon Uranus. I'm not in a relationship right now but who knows, it could also point to business or friends one to one relations. The good thing is that it will sextile AC. Saturn rules the LE so H3 in natal. It falls in SR H3 cj Jupiter oppos Sun. Recurring themes. All my relationships would change with a move.

The SE will cj my Sun and PoF H9 trining Jupiter Neptune H1 and forming a grand trine with tr Uranus H4 as well as sextiles Saturn Pluto and quintile Uranus. It sounds positive for a move abroad, change of career, unexpected money and taking acting lessons. However I read in Moon Valley astrologer that south node eclipses are unfortunate. Did anyone notice something similar??

Neptunerising, I did wonder if you are dating cos as well as H2/8 emphasis that Joseph highlighted, I would also consider H1/7 as important for you...?

Came across this article and thought the lady was quite creative in explaining eclipses through the axis, scroll down at the bottom to read the axis.

http://www.bigskyastrology.com/articles/eclipse/eclipseintro.html

There will also be another LE at 14 Aquarius in August with Jupiter near it, again on my NN Mars H3. Where will it be in your chart?

Spica

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

The LE will fall either H2 or H3 and oppose my Venus activating a t-square with Moon Uranus. I'm not in a relationship right now but who knows, it could also point to business or friends one to one relations. The good thing is that it will sextile AC. Saturn rules the LE so H3 in natal. It falls in SR H3 cj Jupiter oppos Sun. Recurring themes. All my relationships would change with a move.

Hi Spica
That does look interesting. Could that bring in a relationship? But you never know what can happen in three months before the eclipse. It will be interesing to see what and how things develop.

Spicadilly said:
Neptunerising, I did wonder if you are dating cos as well as H2/8 emphasis that Joseph highlighted, I would also consider H1/7 as important for you...?

Came across this article and thought the lady was quite creative in explaining eclipses through the axis, scroll down at the bottom to read the axis.

http://www.bigskyastrology.com/articles/eclipse/eclipseintro.html

There will also be another LE at 14 Aquarius in August with Jupiter near it, again on my NN Mars H3. Where will it be in your chart?

Spica

No I'm not dating at the moment, had a weird year so far for romance, I've had two romances both fleeting ones. My tarot cards keep suggesting someone will return to me.

I got together with one of the guys, the older one, when the North Node was conjuncting my natal Venus/Merc. My chart is in the images page.

Solar eclipse falls opposite my natal Sun.

There seem to be a lot of eclipses this year!! :p
My natal Venus/Mercury is at 11/12 degrees Aquarius. This 13 Aquaruis falls on these. Venus rules my 10th and 5th house, and Merc my 7th and 9th. If I was in a relationship, this looks like it could be an ending! Or maybe a job ending.

Next Jan, my solar return falls on the solar eclipse, conjunct Venus! I'm quite excited about that, looks like fun! :p

NR

Spicadilly

Oh there it is! hello again :)

It's funny you see the eclipse as an ending and I see it as a beginning but I guess the beginning is the ending of something :p . If it ends as you think, then something new will come through don't you think?

SE on Venus sounds exciting, will look at your chart. In the meantime you have this new guy on a NM, great!

Spica

ps: your Venus Mercury is on my NN :D

Neptune Rising

Spicadilly said:
It's funny you see the eclipse as an ending and I see it as a beginning but I guess the beginning is the ending of something :p . If it ends as you think, then something new will come through don't you think?

SE on Venus sounds exciting, will look at your chart. In the meantime you have this new guy on a NM, great!

Spica

ps: your Venus Mercury is on my NN :D
Hi again :)
N Node on my Venus/Mercury sounds nice and in Aquarius, seems good to talk about astrology with that aspect! :D

I'm getting the hang of these eclipses and lunations I think.

So for example, with an lunar eclipse on a natal planet, say Venus, it would bring a culmination, fruition to something started on the previous new Moon. But its effects would last much longer than the normal full/new Moon as its got that extra power...

NR

Spicadilly

Hey thanks for reminding us of the SE/LE cycles impact.

Your Venus is strong in the 2nd making easy aspects to outers and angles, wow! You can cj my NN anytime :D . The SE will cj your vertex too sextiling chart ruler...! Important people could walk in your life that culminates into a romance, creative projects, new job associations, new values. Do you gamble sometimes? There is potential to win money at the lottery don't you think?

Looks like these summer eclipses could be the triggers to your new SR on an SE. I'm really excited to follow your story. All so fascinating :) .

Spica

Neptune Rising

Spicadilly said:
Hey thanks for reminding us of the SE/LE cycles impact.

Your Venus is strong in the 2nd making easy aspects to outers and angles, wow! You can cj my NN anytime :D . The SE will cj your vertex too sextiling chart ruler...! Important people could walk in your life that culminates into a romance, creative projects, new job associations, new values. Do you gamble sometimes? There is potential to win money at the lottery don't you think?

Looks like these summer eclipses could be the triggers to your new SR on an SE. I'm really excited to follow your story. All so fascinating :) .

Spica

Hey, thanks for explaining, sorry I've been moving house and not much access to a computer. I've ended up printing out my charts from work, :)P) and working it out manually at home.

I find them absolutely fasinating which I've probably already said in this thread. I didn't realise that Solar Eclipse at 29 Cancer conjuncts my vertex. I'm particuarly excited about that one for some reason. And the lunar eclipse on my Venus/Merc looks quite interesting too. Like, something might start around the Solar Eclipse, and culminate on the lunar.

I've been thinking of moving to a completely different location, to the south of the country to live by the sea, never done something that big before. Maybe I might get some contacts in July! :D

The guy I started dating didn't work out, I actually let him know a day after the full moon, I just couldn't go on not telling him any longer. I was explaining to him what the lunar cycles could indicate (he was interested in the Moon). I had a feeling that when I was telling him about the full moon, it would be when I finished with him. Ah a 2 week long romance.

The SE will cj my Sun and PoF H9 trining Jupiter Neptune H1 and forming a grand trine with tr Uranus H4 as well as sextiles Saturn Pluto and quintile Uranus. It sounds positive for a move abroad, change of career, unexpected money and taking acting lessons. However I read in Moon Valley astrologer that south node eclipses are unfortunate. Did anyone notice something similar??

Do let me know what happens to you! With the LE opposite your natal Venus, I wonder if it will present something for you to work through with regards to romance, or money, or values?
Sextile to AC sounds promising, like you might be given an oppertunity.

Wow and that Solar Eclipse on your natal Sun definately sounds like a big change coming up for you! Solar Eclipse is a North Node one, so this could bring something for your future, to build for the future...

South Node eclipses I think are not so much maelific, I don't like to use that term so much, more I think they bring something to finish or release. I think the lessons of the South Node at first seem unfortunate but are ultimately for our higher good. A friend of mine lost her job when the South Node transited her 10th house Saturn and found it tricky trying to get new jobs in the same field, but she was hoping to change careers anyway. Even though she saw this as terrible and an incredible challenge, she was pushed into her new career and is now quite happy.

I'll keep you updated :)
NR

Blandy

This eclipse will fall a 22 minutes away from my natal Moon in 2nd 8th house axis:mad:
I just don't want to deal with it...
My moon is ruler of my 3rd house, plus eclipse Venus falls right on my natal ascendant. I have been trying to loose weight lately, we'll see how far that goes:60:

Neptune Rising

Blandy said:
This eclipse will fall a 22 minutes away from my natal Moon in 2nd 8th house axis:mad:
I just don't want to deal with it...
My moon is ruler of my 3rd house, plus eclipse Venus falls right on my natal ascendant. I have been trying to loose weight lately, we'll see how far that goes:60:

Ah so it will be like a super powerful lunar return?

Could you get a flavour what this eclipse might hold by looking at the lunar return, and where the Lunar return ascendant falls, and what house the Lunar return Moon is in?

Neptune Rising

Argh I just realised, this Solar eclipse forms the apex of a yod, in my 7th/8th cusp! The base is Mars 26 Sag, Lilith 27 Aqua and Solar Eclipse 29 Cancer. Not sure whether to stay at home and hide that day or not! :D

Mars rules the 4th, and 11th, maybe I'll be moving house again. I'm currently living with a good friend.

flea

I have the same thing blandy, well nearly. My cancer moon is in the 15th degree. I am going home to see my mum for a while and will be there on the 7th...the other side of the world. You got me interested so I looked at the chart for the 7th..... tranisting NN is close to natal venus and transiting venus is close to natal NN, each within 2 deg orb. My mum's NN is conjunct my venus, and her chiron is conjunct my NN. Interesting storey.... maybe we are together to do a bit of healing. My grandmother passed this year, and her chiron is conjunct my mums NN, and my venus. There is a pattern in the generations.

With an eclipse in capricorn opposite my moon (familial themes) maybe there is an ending or resolution possible here, and pointing to a good future path, with NN and venus in the mix. My gran was a cappy sun. The stories always seem to get so complex with lots of synchronicity with families.

Thx for the heads up with be conscious that day as to what is happening.

FleaXXX

Blandy

Hey Neptune, both my Lunar Return Moon and Lunar Eclipse Moon both fall in the 8th house opposite the sun, the charts are almost identical with the same ascendant rising different degrees, so the themes will probably be similar.

Spicadilly

Hey Neptune, seems we are in competition for the most independant Aqua :tongue::tongue::tongue:. I'll be quick cos am so tired. I did save lots of links to share with you a few weeks back then lost them, argh! Some Bernadette Brady stuff that sounds fascinating. She is very well known for eclipses. Have you read anything by her? I will find them again.

Hey I hope it's ok to post links here?? The good knews is that 29 Cancer will trine T Uranus!!! Nice posts here:

http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.com/search/label/Astrocartography

Speak soon :sideways:

nuwanda

Mine will be in my 9th house- why the 9th house? so useless.- trine natal jupiter. I wish it was some other house.. I don't know what I'll do with the 9th house eclipse.