Southern Hemisphere: 2 Planets

Eastern Hemisphere: 4 Planets

Western Hemisphere: 6 Planets

Most Planets in 2nd Quadrant

Lunar Nodes

South Node: Capricorn 7th House

North Node: Cancer 1st House

Hi Howl,

I will read the basics of your chart first, the Elements, Modes and Planets in the Hemisphere:

Your a warm magnetic person and you like to spark in all all different directions. A natural communicator, very lively and chatty you are brimming with ideas. You like to hover above the ground, sometimes watching what is going on static and observant but more often than not flitting from one thing to another as the wind moves you in ever changing directions. Your mind is highly inventive and you have a refreshing nature with an easy going personality.

Looking at your chart and it's low water element, I wouldn't personally say you lacked emotions because Neptune is on your Sun making you highly responsive and sensitive to the world around you. You may be impractical, and have a poor sense of your material needs, it would help you to develop some grounding and a practical nature.

Your very changeable and can adapt yourself to different situations, you may find yourself being pulled in several directions at the same time. With all your enthusiasm you can be quite happy indulging in different activities. You love to explore and your always seeking adventure and excitement to spice up your life.

You may lack persistence and can find it hard to stand your ground. You need to determine your convictions and stand by them. Build your own sense of values and foundation and trust them, do not let yourself or anyone else compromise them.

You have a very strong identification with your inner world or private arena. This is where you feel life happens for you. You desire social outlets and one-to-one communication. Work, play, and creativity are important aspects of your development, but you can be dependent on others for your personal satisfaction.

P.S Do you think this assessment fits your basic personality?

Last edited:
Ascendant Cancer: You pick up the emotional climate around you with an instinctive ease. You are purely responsive and react to whoever you are with or wherever you are. This can result in you being unsure of whether what you are feeling is yours or someone else's. In any event, you have to respond in some way, usually giving care or sympathy, or needing it -or you simply withdraw in to your shell until it's safe to come out again. You have to be careful of being dumped on with other peoples emotional troubles because you can appear too available emotionally. Your dreamy, sensitive and sentimental approach to life makes you react negatively to anything that appears to be coldy realistic or unfeeling. But that is often all it is a reaction that interprets a businesslike and objective approach to things as being alien and unfamiliar, and therefore uncaring. Such a subjective response has at it's roots in a feeling of insecurity. You need to take a step back and learn that this impersonal attitude is the very objectivity, seriousness, and sober sense of purpose that you need to learn and acquire so as to feel more safe and secure in the world.

Possibly Howl this is why you may have to learn some more grounding in your nature, because you do lack earth in your chart. With your Mars being your only planet in Earth. With you also lacking in a fixed energy, you need to focus on sustaining, preserving and being persistent.

Sun in Sagittarius 6th house:
Aspects:
Sun Conjunct Mercury
Sun Sextile Saturn
Sun Conjunct Neptune

Your essential purpose in life is to discover more about whatever it is you regard as important. To enable you to accomplish this you are very able to grasp the whole meaning of any subject that appeals to your sizeable enthusiasm. There is always a danger of running away with yourself and overlooking details, as you get carried along by your zest and full-blown opinions. Some kind of goal, vision or belief is of paramount importance in making sense of your life. You cannot bear your life to be confined or controlled and your urge is to break free and escape. Ironically when an escape route opens ahead of you you can be quite happy to stay where you are. But this is the enigma of the duality of your sign. Your sign is regarded as the luckiest sign of the zodiac you always appear to land on your feet.

You may be blunt but you perceive your bluntness as just plain honesty. Ask for your opinion and you will give it in no uncertain terms. You have a great storytelling ability and the land of make believe means a lot to you. You love to tell tales. You take pride in your thinking abilities and your powers of reason are therefore higher than average. But you have to be careful of not worrying too much by trying to work everything out in your head. You have to remind yourself that there is more to life than what you are thinking. Be that as it may your bright intellect is a source of information and stimulation to others.

Your Sun in Sagittarius expresses itself by fulfilling your need to explore and expand your the horizons of your mind and your world. Your basic purpose and will power are best expressed through your daily work environment.

Sun Conjunct Mercury:

Your basic conscious purpose/identity (Sun) is to be visionary and philosophical (Sagittarius) in your daily work (6th) and this merges with your capacity to speak and learn (Mercury) about your ideals through your analytical introspection within your daily duties.

Sun Sextile Saturn:

Your central purpose (Sun) of this idealistic nature and search for the higher meaning (Sagittarius) through your daily work and analytical introspection (6th house) productively combines (Sextile) with your capacity to create order, form and discipline (Saturn) through co-operating with others in harmony (Libra) in your communication with your environment with your mental activities and intellectual endeavors (3rd house)

As time goes by, you become more and more practical and realistic, disciplined and ordered within your daily duties/service and in the area of communication. You will eventually attain some degree of success, or at the very least have a position of authority which you deem worthy of your attention.

Sun Conjunct Neptune

The self expression (Sun) of your truth seeking and expansive nature (Sagittarius) within your analytical introspection (6th house). Unconsciously identifies (Conjunction) with your capacity to transcend, creating a unity with a greater whole through self improvement and healing yourself (Neptune) and others in your work.

You are acutely sensitive and vulnerable to outside influences. There seems to be only a vague boundary that separates you from everything and everyone else. On the positive side it does equip you with a great imagination and compassion as you cannot help but identify with the greater whole. It may be difficult for you to find a solid place in the material world. Ultimately you have to see your purpose in life as being spiritual. This great compassion you have can be brought in to your work, you will feel fulfilled doing work which involves your sensitivity and imagination.

It seems with your whole identity it is based on your thinking capabilities and your need to be spiritual within your daily environment, these qualities are important to you this is the essence of who you are it is the core of your motivation. Once you gain more practical use of your capabilities, you should do very well in life. With Mercury in 6th you have a great knack for perceiving a situation, and you can devise methods for improvements. Essentially you are a good worker. You need to do work which inspiring to you in some way.

Last edited:

Howl

Oh wow, this is so exciting I don't know where to start!! :D Yay! :D Ray, you are rather good at doing this. I have heaps to respond to, but right now I'm at work, so it must wait - (developing the persistence and sense of responsibiltiy, you know ;)) Talk soon!

Hi Howl,

It was quite difficult trying to bring your stellium in the 6th together, you have all your visionary and philosophical energy as your central purpose and your intellect focused here as well. Plus Neptune comes into the picture and brings in more idealism, visions and imaginings the artistic side of you making you quite the idealist/dreamer. Within your service/duties and analytical introspection.

Saturn in Sextile to your Sun/Mercury must help you in bringing your idealisms into some form, possibly through your communication. Which will help you in your duties/service.

I am interested in how this stellium works for you. I will be able to understand it more. I am still learning to piece your cosmic puzzle together.

P.S Your chart I am calling the "philosophical visionary dreamer".

Shining Ray

Last edited:

Howl

It's Friday night, I finished an essay at some ridiculous hour this morning and worked all day, and finally I get to relax. Now I have a pot of tea instead of a constant stream of caffeine, and best of all, I can fall asleep and wake up whenever I want to! Ahh, the simple pleasures :)

And now I can respond, Ray. I may nod off before I get to the end, but after I sleep in tomorrow morning I shall hit the forum again :p. So, to begin at the beginning:
Your a warm magnetic person and you like to spark in all all different directions. A natural communicator, very lively and chatty you are brimming with ideas. You like to hover above the ground, sometimes watching what is going on static and observant but more often than not flitting from one thing to another as the wind moves you in ever changing directions. Your mind is highly inventive and you have a refreshing nature with an easy going personality.
I loved this paragraph. How did you get all of that? Is that a summary that you have written for majority fire/air/mutable? I felt that this paragraph in particular sums up the way I 'work' when in a positive frame of mind (Which is mostly :)). To provide you with some 'objective' assessment, I can say that I am called charming by people who know me well. The charm ain't always 'switched on'. I need to have had enough time alone and to feel comfortable. When I am content, this is how I behave.

Looking at your chart and it's low water element, I wouldn't personally say you lacked emotions because Neptune is on your Sun making you highly responsive and sensitive to the world around you. You may be impractical, and have a poor sense of your material needs, it would help you to develop some grounding and a practical nature
Impractical. As in, I lose my wallet at least three times a year, manage my bank balance on the 'feeling' of whether money is accumulating, have an elastic sense of time and need a diary in order to operate on any functional level? Yes, indeed, impracticality is something that I am learning to compensate for :p I have a personal fear of being proven incapable.

Your very changeable and can adapt yourself to different situations, you may find yourself being pulled in several directions at the same time. With all your enthusiasm you can be quite happy indulging in different activities. You love to explore and your always seeking adventure and excitement to spice up your life
You're a mutable too, so you're familiar with the nature of this :) To provide an example; mutable for me is having learned to approach life in sixth month chunks, that is as far ahead as I am comfortable laying 'solid' plans. I prepare at least 3 options (A,B and C) and jump 'on board' with the most appealing plan at the last possible moment, when circumstances necessitate a decision. Non-mutable people may find this unusual, but I actually feel 'safe' if I have several potential paths wide open. Coming from a family full of Taureans, Cancerians and Virgos, this has always freaked my family right out :)

Your very changeable and can adapt yourself to different situations, you may find yourself being pulled in several directions at the same time. With all your enthusiasm you can be quite happy indulging in different activities. You love to explore and your always seeking adventure and excitement to spice up your life
Yep, all the mutable words appeal to me. Learn, change, move, travel, try, etc. Words like 'decide' and 'authoritative' are the ones I struggle more with...On the other hand, it makes it very easy for me to live in different settings, and with little in the way of resources. I was far less stressed by living in Korea than many of the other teachers I met (I packed lighter too).

You may lack persistence and can find it hard to stand your ground. You need to determine your convictions and stand by them. Build your own sense of values and foundation and trust them, do not let yourself or anyone else compromise them.
Ahhh, and here comes the crunch. Hard to stand my ground. Yes, socially I find it far easier just to 'adapt'. Eventually I get tired of being with people, for this reason. I can't always just 'be'. When younger, I had an intimate best friend who would underwrite my emotions, decisions and actions. It feels comfortable going with another person's flow, if I feel that I'm being cared for. I can relax into my inner world. I have since recognised, and ended the dynamic of 'fusion' with other people. It stunts me, I start to feel personally incapable.

As for lacking persistence, true. I find initiative, responsiveness and adaptability more natural than plain ol' persistence. The exception is with a few things that really engage me. Writing (technical, acadmic or creative) is one. Because I feel driven to perfectly express my mind, I can persist at writing without calling it 'persisting', it comes naturally. Although, I am terrible at persisting at things which don't 'come naturally' :p. Like organising other people, hate it!

You have a very strong identification with your inner world or private arena. This is where you feel life happens for you. You desire social outlets and one-to-one communication. Work, play, and creativity are important aspects of your development, but you can be dependent on others for your personal satisfaction
You've picked up on something interesting. People who know me as an acquaintance insist that I am an extrovert. I love people, and I guess that shows, but according to me, I am an introvert. My inner world is where I live, it's where I 'take' all of the interactive input from people, replay it, understand it, digest it. (Chronic, chronic incurable daydreamer :p) . I need time alone every day to 'daydream' my way to sanity and personal balance.

Well, now that I've finished that essay all about me....all that I have left to say is that yes, the 'overview' is spot on. Well done, and thank you :D

Last edited:
Hi Howl,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand completely about the whole Mutable having an over emphasis myself. Different projects at the same time. I have 3 Natal Charts to look at :D . I also lack fixed energy I hope I manage to finish the three charts. This will test me to so how persistent I am.

The similar descriptions between you and 23 is because you both have a lot of fire and air in your charts. But 23 is more outer orientated. With you Howl you have 8 planets below the horizon, I would say you lived more in your inner world. I have 6 below the horizon and I am a quiet person but I don't think this has anything to do with it. As you say Howl your described as extrovert but maybe people don't realize you are a lot deeper under the surface a lot is going on under your exterior. This is why I put a stronger emphasis on this for you.

I know the reading isn't going to be perfect because it is a first attempt at reading through a whole chart. I will probably make a few mistakes and not pick up on a lot of things in your chart. But I am exercising my Astrology muscle until it gets stronger. Near the end of the reading I will look at your purpose this lifetime this is looking at your Moon the Nodes and Saturn, and I want to learn about your North Node you have it in the 1st house like me.

At the moment I am going round the world in my reading just to try and come back to some conclusion. :rolleyes:

Shining Ray

Last edited:

Howl

Hey Ray,
At the moment I am going round the world in my reading just to try and come back to some conclusion

Well, your travels are appreciated! I'm just going to write a little about the rest of your interpretative efforts. Cancer Ascendant...as you have noted, I have limited H20 in my chart. It has taken me a while to actually recognise the qualities of this ascendant myself. There are a few sentences which I thought were wonderfully applicable to anyone with this ascendant, even if their Cancerian qualities are muted by the rest of their placements.

You are purely responsive and react to whoever you are with or wherever you are. You are right. I hate the idea of being 'purely' responsive (too much masculine energy in my chart ;) ) but yes, I am very responsive to my environment. I guess that's why sometimes I'm tired of people. My cancerian shell is to withdraw, leave, and to be alone.

you can appear too available emotionally. Indeed. I don't get too much emotional 'dumping', due to a lot of fire/air in my chart, but this little sentence is true for me. Someone once told me that I have a 'yes' face. As in 'come and spill your heart!'. People do speak openly and trustingly to me rather easily, but I don't 'suck up' the emotional energy as strongly as some others on the forum have descibed doing. (So that's why I get grannies and strangers starting up conversations on the tram!! :p)

reaction that interprets a businesslike and objective approach to things as being alien and unfamiliar. Funny you should say this. I did a professional development course, and found the greatest 'sticking point' for me to be a belief that the word 'professional', means cold, clinical and 'not like me'. fortunately, I seem to attract wonderful female bosses who obliterate this stereotype of a faceless, heartless corporate world. Well spotted though, I've never seen that written before for Cancer ascendant.

Last edited:

Howl

P.S Your chart I am calling the "philosophical visionary dreamer"
Well, that's very generous of you! Hope I can live up to that title. I think you've described my Sun and all its aspects very well, perhaps with more integral clarity that I've ever been able to do. (An outsider's opinion certainly helps!).

I do believe that learning to integrate precision, fact, clarity and communicative ability (Mercury) with idealism, intuition and sensitivity (Neptune) is a crucial task for me. I need to also 'tie it all together' through acting according to a philosophical purpose (Sun, and planets in Sagittarius). I struggled for a long while as to why my planets were in the 6H. Finally, I've come to realise that the only thing to truly motivate me is 'improving the world'. That qualifies as a service, that is my service, to improve society as best I can. Yep, an incurable idealist. Work has to be 'meaningful', or I won't do it.

It's interesting to note that my Twin's Sun/Mercury are in the 5H, with Uranus, rather than the 6H like mine with Neptune. He does not have the hugely idealistic, humanitarian motivation.

I also think you're right that Saturn is a key planet. What else will make me get myself into gear!? Heheh. I've read that Saturn in the 3H makes you a life-long student, always seeking to refine your mind and structure your thinking. I've also read that Saturn here means you must work hard at mental discipline in order to bring success. Well, I'm on track for pleasing my Saturn then. I'm about to finish my first year of postgraduate study.

Last edited:
With you and your brother Howl what I have been thinking about is the difference between your material drives. You both have a Mars singleton planet which is the only planet in earth.

Your brother's Mars falls in the 2nd house and yours in the 3rd. I was just reading on another site that a singleton can draw all the energies of the chart to it. Not totally sure on the meaning of this. But your brother has a stronger material drive his Mars being in an earth sign and house the 2nd house having an identification with substance, possessions, resources. Your Mars is in the 3rd house of relating to your environment and your mental activity. Two different drives in life.

Then you have your other planets in the 6th the house of self examination and self improvement. Daily work, duties and service. These are more central to your being. Your brother has his planets in the 5th house of self expression, creative projects and risk taking.

This must be making the difference between you. what I might have to do next with your chart is look at the life's lesson's in your chart. I might be able to get a clearer idea of your chart.

Shining Ray

I will have a look at your lessons to learn this lifetime, just to help me to try and work your chart out. This is from Past life Astrology by Judy Hall. It might just help me clarify things in your chart.

Moon in Gemini - With the Moon in Gemini your emotions are fleeting and quickly rationalized. You prefer discussing feelings to actually experiencing them, having learned in the past to cut off from deep feelings. When positively expressed, the soul is able to communicate feelings without being overly emotional.

Inability to make a commitment

The Moon carries the eternally young girl who slips through life without a care. With this Moon you remain forever young at heart. Gemini is a deeply uncommitted sign. It is fickle and changeable, moving ever onward, charming everyone but attached to no one. One moment the Gemini Moon will feel one way, the next minute another. This soul never notices when the feelings switch, nor recognizes the paradox of holding opposite views. Whatever Gemini believes in that minute is true in that moment. So the soul with the Moon in Gemini has learned not to trust emotions. As a result, commitment is difficult and the intimacy of truly sharing deep feelings is rare.

The emotional manipulator

As a cerebral sign, Gemini dislikes emotions. The soul with this Moon is more than a little afraid of being carried away by emotion, and so Gemini tends to be superficial. Deep feelings are rationalized out of existence. Gemini is a cunning sign and has learned a great deal about others people's feelings. This guileful Moon can manipulate those feelings to his or her own advantage. This Moon can create an illusion, or sell an idea, and genuinely believe, for a few minutes, that is the ultimate truth.

Emotional needs

Geminis emotional needs are usually sublimated into discussion and debate. This sign seeks mental stimulation and can believe that holding a conversation is being intimate. But confront the Gemini Moon with real feelings, and the tendency is to slip away. If Gemini can't run, then he or she resorts to verbalizing their feelings out of existence. As a result emotional needs are isolated and repressed. This is a deeply ingrained habit, and so the soul with the Moon in Gemini is alienated from feelings and emotions for many lifetimes. Prior to this, the soul may have experienced deep emotional trauma, and shut down as a result. When the Soul with this Moon does learn to open up again, it can be highly articulate about it's feelings, sharing them openly. However the sharing will remain rational-being taken over by emotions is not an option for this Moon.

Lunar Food

The Lunar food for the soul craves is attention and mental stimulation. Above all else, this Moon wants to be listened to. It has a deep need to be heard, so talking becomes a substitute for emotional satisfaction.

Sun in Sagittarius

You seek the deeper meaning in life. With the Sun in free spirited Sagittarius you are on a quest for understanding. The challenge is to keep this quest focused and grounded.

The quest for Meaning

In Sagittarius the soul asks "Why are we here?" It seeks to know the broader purpose of life. You are on a search for meaning and shallow answers are not for you. Although you may seek your answers in books or philosophies, you will come to recognize that you have to live your own questions first. You learn by doing. Having found answers, you have to synthesize them into your vision of life that you can live. It is no longer a connection to the self links you into eternal and universal knowledge, a knowledge that takes you far beyond mere intellectual understanding. At the same time you are challenged to keep yourself focused and grounded. It is a Sagittarius trait to let the arrows fly without selecting the target. They aim high, they fall far and wide, but the energy is scattered. You could spend all your time chasing ideas, the task is to pass on you knowledge to others.

Reconnecting to Spirit

Spirit is the creative life force at the universal level. Sagittarius has a religious urge but may confuse conventional religion with spirituality. Your challenge is to find your own connection to spirit. You may go directly through god (or the supreme being or life force) or you may seek an intermediary. Finding a route you can trust is important to you. Along the way you may explore some beguiling roads, but you will always come back to the main highway. Avoid the temptation to become the guru for some else's search, as it will take you from your own path. If you have to teach, teach by example.

Karmic Lessons

Sagittarius has to integrate the instincts with the rational mind and then imbue the whole with the divine spark. You have been on a quest for meaning, searching through many lives. Now, having explored all possible philosophies, you have to find a way to simply be, to live in the flow, following divine inspiration.

Karmic Strengths

As a fire sign you have an intuitive connection with the spiritual world. Your open and questing mind is a powerful resource. You can integrate many different aspects of knowledge and come to true knowing.

Karmic Goal

To understand the meaning of life-and live it.

Last edited:
Howl I will look more at the rest of your chart. I am currently working on your lessons/purpose to help me with the themes of your chart. I can already see a few themes which have been emphasised a couple of times. I know the chart reading isn't in any particular order at the moment (my Ascendant Virgo hates this) but near the end we can both identify the main theme of your chart and what you need to work on, I will need your help on this because if you don't think what I have said fits I won't include it.

P.S It is a difficult challenge in reading charts it is ten times harder than I thought it would be. I think because I know my own chart like the back of my hand it is imprinted on my memory. With reading another chart there are loads of different energies I have to look at, and try my best to interpret. But I am trying my best to find what your chart is trying to say. Get the chart talking to me (I sound a bit mad saying that don't I :D )

Shining Ray

Howl

Hey Ray :)

I have never tried to independently read a whole chart. I can imagine that you're swimming in my own, and 23's chart right now. Ambitious indeed! One day soon, I might try my own. Should it be yours?? Heheh. I was thinking you, or Arian Mav ;)

Now, about the moon. I've had a strong reaction to what you wrote. This is good - it means you've 'touched' a sensitive area. If your reading for the moon didn't hold truth, I would recognise this, and say so. Instead, it felt somewhat harsh, and I wanted to prove it wrong :p. Please note - this doesn't mean that it IS "wrong". My reaction means that your interpretation is saying something valid. I'm trying to figure out exaclty how it is valid, and having trouble.

Ok, in overview: yes I do think about my feelings. I assumed that everybody did, to a degree. It appears that I do it more than most. Take the above paragraph as an example. I had a feeling response to what you wrote, and I immediately dissected and summarised what that feeling response meant, and put it into words for you. It wasn't difficult, I do that for myself all the time. Once I can 'describe' an emotion, a sensation, a feeling, I feel that I can understand it, grasp it's implications, and do something about it, if need be. It seems to me that feelings, sensations and responses are best 'brought' from the unconscious, and scribed onto paper or spoken, if I can do so. It frustrates me to leave them as pure sensation, because then they are unconscious "drivers", like dream fragments. I don't understand what the hell I am doing if I can't "grasp" what is unconsciously driving me :). Does that make sense, or have I just perfectly displayed my own Gemini-moon-ness? Dammit, I didn't think I was so different from anyone else!!

I guess gemini moon is a large part of why I have a suitcase full of journals, which I have been consistently accumulating since the age of ten. I can't stop writing. I write more when my life is painful and I don't understand why (typical tortured artist! I can't produce if I am happy:rolleyes:). If I am very comfortable and content, I write less. The upflow of sensations to understand reduces. I'm not so concerned with "grasping" the happy feelings, much more content just to go with them.

What I reacted to in your interpretation of the gemini moon was this:
You prefer discussing feelings to actually experiencing them
Gut reaction is this: how can you discuss them without experiencing them?? How does one avoid having, or experiencing feelings? Maybe my confusion at this statement indicates that I do avoid "feeling", but how on earth would I know?? Surely thinking, writing and speaking can be an outlet for emotions, rather than a substitute?
the soul with the Moon in Gemini has learned not to trust emotions
Mmm. This soul with the Gemini moon has learned to pay much attention to emotions, but more due to having been "blindsided" by them before, and being fascinated, than distrust. I've certainly been "surprised" by my own emotions before (like, where the hell did that come from?) I am actually learning to trust emotions more, but that's probably related to my north node Cancer.
commitment is difficult and the intimacy of truly sharing deep feelings is rare (and) This sign seeks mental stimulation and can believe that holding a conversation is being intimate. But confront the Gemini Moon with real feelings, and the tendency is to slip away. If Gemini can't run, then he or she resorts to verbalizing their feelings out of existence.
See, this is the part I hate to read. I hate the idea that I might be, basically, a shallow person, incapable of sensing and responding to others' feelings. Yuk. The reason I hate it so much is because I can think of instances where it has been true. I can remember the overwhelming urge to run free when I broke up with by boyfriend, I can remember not wanting to pause to be kind, and finding his emotional need for me exceptionally uncomfortable. We've been through a lot since then, (this is the one who I am very close to), and in many ways I have had to pay big penance. The other reason I hate reading that is because I feel afraid that I really won't, or don't, commit to people. What if I end my future relationships in the same wild bid for freedom? I don't want to end up shallow and alone!! I know I don't have to, but it is clearly a fear. I know that I'm gemini-ish in nature, changeable, cerebral and love to talk. But, "substitute talking for emotional satisfaction?". I would absolutely hate to believe that I am incapable of real intimacy. Ugh, what an ugly, frightening thought.

As for the idea of being afraid of being 'overwhelmed' by emotions....This reflects all the huge, wild water dreams that I have :D, the tsunamis, the fish, the ocean. It is true. To some degree I am awed and amazed by the unlimited capacity for emotion. Emotions have quite seriously knocked me on my ass a few times, complete melt-down, loss of self. and at the time, I wished for a "mute" switch, or at least a "dimmer" switch. I wished I could put feelings to one side, or ration them out evenly into manageable portions, some for this week, some for next week. What confuses me is, if I were so able to "rationalise" my feelings out of existence, why have I been so hopelessly cast adrift these few times?

Ok, now ending the diatribe of a Gemini moon. I hope you can be bothered reading all of my self-analysis, god it is never ending isn't it? Haha. I don't know if you wanted this much feedback, but I am a mean feedback machine you know :rolleyes:. Please don't take offence at my reaction to your interpretation, none was meant. I think the fact that I have a strong reaction actually reflects the validity of what you're saying. I am having an intimacy crisis. Am I really a surface level kind of person? Are the things I call intimacy really not intimate according to the people that I share them with? That is an awful question to have to face. How would I ever know?

Last edited:
Hi Howl,

Wow you did have a reaction to the description of your Gemini Moon.

Now, about the moon. I've had a strong reaction to what you wrote. This is good - it means you've 'touched' a sensitive area. If your reading for the moon didn't hold truth, I would recognise this, and say so. Instead, it felt somewhat harsh, and I wanted to prove it wrong :p. Please note - this doesn't mean that it IS "wrong". My reaction means that your interpretation is saying something valid. I'm trying to figure out exactly how it is valid, and having trouble.

Hey Howl through trying to read a chart or at least I am practice trying to read one. I have found this more of a learning tool. I will attempt at a later date a proper laid out interpretation. As I have taken on a challenge too big for myself. I have to admit :eek: . I do not have enough knowledge to have attempted this. So instead of criticising myself mercilessly on how incapable I am. I will instead treat your chart and 23's as a learning experience.

Right back to your Moon :) when I started to read your chart I was worried about how much negative interpretation to include because I didn't want to offend you. But I thought what kind of reading would it be if I just emphasised all the positives of your sign and placements and left out any negative stuff. I wouldn't be doing you a favour because if your like me you want to see your negative traits and try to resolve them. I know the Moon reading was harsh none of the descriptions in my book give a really positive Moon reading for any sign. My Pisces Moon for example in the book falls in to sympathetic wallowing in pity. And how separation is an enormous trauma for me and I resort to emotional blackmail to keep a relationship. When I fist read this description I was like I don't emotionally blackmail anyone this is not true. But because the Moon is unconscious and instinctive the hidden drive of emotions I wouldn't consciously realize I was doing this and I reacted strongly to this description myself. Now if it held no truth my body wouldn't react. I see a lot of the self pity in me, I am not sure how much I emotionally blackmail and if I have done this I seriously haven't consciously done this.

Ok, in overview: yes I do think about my feelings. I assumed that everybody did, to a degree. It appears that I do it more than most. Take the above paragraph as an example. I had a feeling response to what you wrote, and I immediately dissected and summarised what that feeling response meant, and put it into words for you. It wasn't difficult, I do that for myself all the time. Once I can 'describe' an emotion, a sensation, a feeling, I feel that I can understand it, grasp it's implications, and do something about it, if need be. It seems to me that feelings, sensations and responses are best 'brought' from the unconscious, and scribed onto paper or spoken, if I can do so. It frustrates me to leave them as pure sensation, because then they are unconscious "drivers", like dream fragments. I don't understand what the hell I am doing if I can't "grasp" what is unconsciously driving me :). Does that make sense, or have I just perfectly displayed my own Gemini-moon-ness? Dammit, I didn't think I was so different from anyone else!!

Yes you do seem to talk and write about your emotions a lot. I very rarely write my feelings down I am a water Moon I feel feelings and maybe I find it hard to describe my emotions I often just drown in them, and let the tears flow I immerse myself in my pain. I wish I could rationalize them I find this very hard to do. From what you describe here you are a strong Gemini Moon, maybe more so with the Moon being your chart ruler.

I guess gemini moon is a large part of why I have a suitcase full of journals, which I have been consistently accumulating since the age of ten. I can't stop writing. I write more when my life is painful and I don't understand why (typical tortured artist! I can't produce if I am happy:rolleyes:). If I am very comfortable and content, I write less. The upflow of sensations to understand reduces. I'm not so concerned with "grasping" the happy feelings, much more content just to go with them.

Lots of writer's do their best writing in their most tortured times. There is lots of deep emotions to work with when we feel unhappy. We want to dig down deep inside us to find the meaning of our unhappy feelings. Some people can be at their happiest living in pain. I know this sounds crazy, but artistically and intelligent people seem to find their source of inspiration for writing or come up with the most beautiful piece of music when in a state of despair.

What I reacted to in your interpretation of the gemini moon was this:

Gut reaction is this: how can you discuss them without experiencing them?? How does one avoid having, or experiencing feelings? Maybe my confusion at this statement indicates that I do avoid "feeling", but how on earth would I know?? Surely thinking, writing and speaking can be an outlet for emotions, rather than a substitute?
Mmm. This soul with the Gemini moon has learned to pay much attention to emotions, but more due to having been "blindsided" by them before, and being fascinated, than distrust. I've certainly been "surprised" by my own emotions before (like, where the hell did that come from?) I am actually learning to trust emotions more, but that's probably related to my north node Cancer.

With your Cancer Ascendant your vehicle for your journey in life. A watery Sign, with North Node here. This is what I have been thinking about in your chart. How do you view the Ascendant because lately I have been thinking and this may be completely wrong. But are we given a certain Ascendant in life which would help us with the lessons we have to learn. I will give an example from my chart as you know I have Pisces Sun my Purpose, Pisces Moon my past with a South Node in Pisces so to have a Virgo Ascendant would be helping me contain and bring order to my Pisces energy.

With your Moon Gemini and Capricorn South Node indicating some difficulty with emotions, your Cancer Ascendant would make sense in it would help you feel and nurture your emotions (or something like that) but for you to have a water Ascendant makes sense to me.

Because what I was thinking was the Ascendant isn't a planet, but it has great importance in our chart. Why is this? I know the Ascendant is how people see us. And it has been described as the journey of the soul. But why is it? is it because it is the journey we must take to help us become whole and overcome our other difficulties i.e me and my oversensitivity. But can you also take your Ascendant in the wrong direction and become like a Virgo Ascendant too critical and over perfectionist. This is not the direction the soul should take either.

See, this is the part I hate to read. I hate the idea that I might be, basically, a shallow person, incapable of sensing and responding to others' feelings. Yuk. The reason I hate it so much is because I can think of instances where it has been true. I can remember the overwhelming urge to run free when I broke up with by boyfriend, I can remember not wanting to pause to be kind, and finding his emotional need for me exceptionally uncomfortable. We've been through a lot since then, (this is the one who I am very close to), and in many ways I have had to pay big penance.

I wouldn't say your a shallow person, and the reason you might hate to read your Moon description is because of your Cancer Ascendant perhaps. It is like your Cancer Ascendant who is responsive to peoples feelings is reading the description of your Gemini Moon and thinking how shallow it is. (I really have gone mad now Howl your Ascendant is judging your Moon :D ) But as I said the Moon instinctively reacts that is why you felt the urge to run and break free from your boyfriend. It is the Moons reaction to feeling uncomfortable to his emotional need for you.

The other reason I hate reading that is because I feel afraid that I really won't, or don't, commit to people. What if I end my future relationships in the same wild bid for freedom? I don't want to end up shallow and alone!! I know I don't have to, but it is clearly a fear. I know that I'm gemini-ish in nature, changeable, cerebral and love to talk. But, "substitute talking for emotional satisfaction?". I would absolutely hate to believe that I am incapable of real intimacy. Ugh, what an ugly, frightening thought.

Your not incapable of emotional satisfaction. You are just learning to develop your emotional side I think. You do have a theme of emotions through your your chart with difficulty expressing emotions i.e low water in chart, Capricorn South Node, Gemini Moon maybe others I haven't looked at. But you are very capable of feeling emotions Cancer Ascendant, Neptune Sun/Mercury if I am right.

As for the idea of being afraid of being 'overwhelmed' by emotions....This reflects all the huge, wild water dreams that I have :D, the tsunamis, the fish, the ocean. It is true. To some degree I am awed and amazed by the unlimited capacity for emotion. Emotions have quite seriously knocked me on my ass a few times, complete melt-down, loss of self. and at the time, I wished for a "mute" switch, or at least a "dimmer" switch. I wished I could put feelings to one side, or ration them out evenly into manageable portions, some for this week, some for next week. What confuses me is, if I were so able to "rationalise" my feelings out of existence, why have I been so hopelessly cast adrift these few times?

Your Sun/Neptune has a lot to do with this. With your Cancer Asc/Sun Neptune lots of emotions which your Moon has to rationalize and it is quite a big job for the Moon to do. I am still not sure myself what you are supposed to do with your emotions. Maybe as we learn more from your chart, we might find this out hopefully.

I am having an intimacy crisis. Am I really a surface level kind of person? Are the things I call intimacy really not intimate according to the people that I share them with? That is an awful question to have to face. How would I ever know?

You are not a surface level person at all you are very deep. I think it is all about your instinctive reaction of the Moon. Here is where you feel uncomfortable like when your boyfriend expresses his emotional need for you, but you felt uncomfortable and had the urge to run.

Shining Ray

Howl

Whew, thanks counsellor! Just think of me as practice for anyone else who acts like you're dropping bombs when you read their chart! Heheh. I especially like the fact that you created little interpersonal dynamics for the different actors in my chart. Ascendant judging the moon :p. It does remind me that, of course, I have more than one type of reaction/energy/trait. I fall into the trap of thinking that the moon is the only marker of having emotions. You're right, a moon might be your instinctive approach to emotions, but it can hardly describe the whole of your emotional character alone. The thing to struggle with is that there is some truth for me in what you wrote for gemini moon, and I need to be able to see it. Much easier to study the hard lessons here, than to be beaten over the head with them in life because I failed to listen.

My moon is likely to be somewhat of a trouble maker. It's in a mutable air sign, and opposes Uranus from the natural house of Uranus, the 11th. The trine and sextile that connect Venus in Aqua to the Moon and Uranus completes the whole uranian/personal planets theme, and hopefully also mediates the opposition.

As for the ascendant. I tend to 'relate' to mine less than other people relate to theirs. So, the idea of North node in the ascendant sign makes sense to me. North node in the 1H means developing the self, and the sign it is in indicates the qualities to be (positively) developed. In my case, I would suggest that it means realising, and respecting, that I am an emotional, receptive being. It also means 'taking care' of my own emotional self, and having the courage to act according to my feelings. Cancer is cardinal, after all, and on the cusp of the 1H (initiative, action).

For you, I think you made an excellent suggestion that "to have a Virgo Ascendant would be helping me contain and bring order to my Pisces energy". I would suggest that Saturn in the first is also talking about "ordering" your piscean energy, building your "self" as a solid foundation from which you can be "piscean" :p. To be Piscean in relationships, you would certainly need a very strong, defined sense of self.

Ugh, my concentration span has ended. Thanks for your astrological counselling :). I'm very happy for my chart to be a learning experience for you, it certainly is for me!

Hey Howl,

Sorry if I came over as a counsellor, I blame my stellium in 7th for this Sun, Moon, and Mercury. Actually I just read a description on my Sun opposing Ascendant.

Your life force, your ego is about to disappear from view for the night. This symbolizes a situation in which it will take some time before you are recognized for what you are - by yourself, as well as others. As you also possess a strong sense of how other's tick, and can identify with them quite easily, when you do eventually re-emerge, it might well be in a field that uses this talent - such as counselling or public relations. In the meantime, and off and on thereafter, you tend to imagine that everyone thinks like you do.

So I blame this for my counselling you, :D . I guess it is just my calling in life :rolleyes: .

With my Ascendant Virgo it is always picking on my poor little sensitive Pisces Sun and the bullying has to stop. Just because my Ascendant has heavy weight Saturn with him does not give him any right to abuse Pisces and all her sensitivity. Ascendant Virgo gets in the boxing ring with Pisces Sun and gives some powerful blows and can really hurt tender Pisces my little damsel in emotional stress Sun. (right I'm off to take my medication now, and see my psychiatrist. Reality has gone completely :D ).

Shining Ray

P.S Just kidding by the way :p .

Last edited:
Ha Ha just re-read what I had written and it does sound like I am counselling you. Not that you needed it. Especially from me, I can't help my sympathetic nature. Poor, Poor Howl I hope you are well on the road to recovery after my brutal reading of your Moon. I can see how protective you are of your chart :D . I shall not abuse your Moon ever again. :slap on the hand, ouch: see I have learned my lesson ;) .

Shining Ray

P.S Have you read the free online book on the Nodes, I found it very accurate on my Virgo/Pisces Nodes.

Last edited:

Howl

Hey Ray, apologies for my absence!! :)

I can see how protective you are of your chart :D
I can't believe you just nailed me with my own **** message!! :eek: (private joke)

As for being a counsellor, it was appreciated. I don't "need" it but hey, sometimes I LIKE it! My poor little gemini moon. I'm going to have to get to know her more completely, so as to defend her from such slander as your moon book :D

The free online book about the nodes? Where would I find this?