Proof In "Soul Mates" and "Twin Selves"

ReincarnatedRainbow

How many people in here genuinely believe in soul mates and twin selves and "destined to be together"? I see no proof of it, but I'm constantly hearing perople asking "is this person my soul mate?" Wouldn't you know if somebody was your soul mate?

If you believe in soul mates, could you tell me what makes you believe in them? Have you any experiences with "soul mates"?

Vagabondgirl

I dont believe in "soul mates" as meaning that there is only ONE out there for you. I think there can be many people out there for you, maybe even at different times in this life and in potential "other" lives, if there is such a thing (Im open minded). With my current boyfriend, who I even saw in a strong dream 3 days before we started having contact. And I thought: "Wow I really wish this meeting was real", then it happened and it felt the same and some of the same details from the long dream in our real life at different times. I still feel the same 7 months later!

BUT another thing I noticed.... He has so many similar qualities to nearly all of my exes, like a mix of all of them. I noticed this, and then suddenly all my friends said that saw it without me even telling them that I had been feeling this before they said it. As if they all reflect each other in different ways... And these other guys I was involved with before was a reflection of myself at those specific times and space?? I just think all humans are connected in some ways, and that there are many meaningful people out there for you:)

Unconditioned love is the strongest love there is, and we are just one people all of us. I wish others could feel and see it, those who at present time cannot. I feel that the way to find "true love" within yourself and another is using uncontioned love more often, without expecting anything in return.

ReincarnatedRainbow

I dont believe in "soul mates" as meaning that there is only ONE out there for you.
Soul mate = A mate that nearly perfectly matches your soul
Twin self = Only one of those. Way more powerful than a soul mate.

I think there can be many people out there for you, maybe even at different times in this life and in potential "other" lives, if there is such a thing (Im open minded). With my current boyfriend, who I even saw in a strong dream 3 days before we started having contact. And I thought: "Wow I really wish this meeting was real", then it happened and it felt the same and some of the same details from the long dream in our real life at different times. I still feel the same 7 months later!

Wow, interesting! That's very odd, but scary at the same time.

Mark

ReincarnatedRainbow: What you're calling a "twin self" is what I've been taught to be a "soul mate." There is only one other half of yourself. That being said, most human relationships have nothing to do with soul mates. Even the vast majority of marriages don't involve soul mates. It is possible, however, for one to leave a soul mate and find another who is in the same situation, depending on conditions (choices). That isn't an Earthly concern, though. While you're human, you only need to concern yourself with human relationships. In fact, it isn't a good idea to bring together soul mates unless they are both developed enough to receive each other. If the individuals act selfishly and childishly (which really can't be avoided until self-control is learned), then the pairing will be all kinds of hell. As you've said, that kind of bond is very powerful. It's potentially explosive.

ReincarnatedRainbow

ReincarnatedRainbow: What you're calling a "twin self" is what I've been taught to be a "soul mate." There is only one other half of yourself. That being said, most human relationships have nothing to do with soul mates. Even the vast majority of marriages don't involve soul mates. It is possible, however, for one to leave a soul mate and find another who is in the same situation, depending on conditions (choices). That isn't an Earthly concern, though. While you're human, you only need to concern yourself with human relationships. In fact, it isn't a good idea to bring together soul mates unless they are both developed enough to receive each other. If the individuals act selfishly and childishly (which really can't be avoided until self-control is learned), then the pairing will be all kinds of hell. As you've said, that kind of bond is very powerful. It's potentially explosive.

So then you don't believe in soul mates? i wasn't really interested in how relationships work. I was just wondering if anybody truly believed in soul mates, because I think the idea is silly.

Vagabondgirl

Yes, this "magical" feeling with synchronicity and all. I think its just the universe pairing you up with the person that fits your energy level at a certain point in time...Like some law of attraction. And maybe if you keep the same level of "vibration" for a long time the person stays with you, and if you change suddenly in opposite directions then it ends or something like that. If there was just one soul out there for you then all the other relationships would be worth less, and I just dont think it works like that. Love and passion is a strong feeling, crazy hormones that make you in a state of "craziness" at first. That itself is magical:)

Mandy

I'm unsure of what you are asking for ReincarnatedRainbow, proof or belief (you mention both)? If you can't prove that one has a soul even, then how will anyone prove anything about soul mates, to be able to believe in them?

Also, the whole concept of soul mates in astrology. Admittedly, I first started studying astrology to understand better my relationships with people. In this enterprise, very quickly, I came across a list of aspects you could have with another person, which could serve to indicate which two people are soul mates. This essentially goes against what Mark's, educated, post explains in that one could have certain 'soul-matey' aspects with a large number of people, which leads to the question; if soul mates do exist, do you have many or just one? And, if one can judge this, at all, with astrology?

Is it that our soul mates are the people we fall in love with? Or does love make us experience this as an illusion, that we are with a soul mate? Objectively, we don't even know what makes us fall in love with the people we fall in love with. Also, that magical sensation that comes with 'romantic(-ized)' love fades after two years and you are left with your best friend. It goes from 'passionate love' to 'compassionate love'. Apparently, if you start a relationship with the latter, you have a much bigger chance of enjoying a lasting one (see Haidt, 2006). However, people have best friends, life-partnering-kind of 'sig' others, in life that they don't get romantic with. After years in either type of relationship, sexual or platonic, through love, one could conclude the same thing - that person is a soul mate.

I think our earthly concern with love, is what clouds our judgement about the very existence of soul mates. Also, there exist too many automatized psychological and biological reactions which can be manipulated to influence artificially one's feelings, and confound soul mate/non-soul mate judgements even more. I also don't like the term because it encourages a separating effect between people, when it comes to love, which I think is unnecessary for a spectrum of reasons. In short, if you can't objectively ascertain what a soul-mate is, or looks like, I don't think it is adaptive to think about love in those terms because it complicates the idea of love even more. Real love needs not to be dressed up or down in this way.

Last edited:

ReincarnatedRainbow

Mandy-

That's a good way to look at it, and I think that, too. To clarify what I was asking was about the popular myth of soul mates being perfect for you and love at first sight.

I typically view long lasting relationships and strong bonds between people, be it romantic or platonic, I don't think of it as something magical, although I do see it as amazing. I originally posted this for both beliefs and proof, because I was getting irritated by these posts all over the internet about being someone's soul mate, but only because they were really attracted to somebody.

Everybody seems to define "soul mate" a different way, too. But even so, most of the time there is no proof given to say that soul mates are even possible.

Mark

Mandy: Well, I could go into soul groups and how those are different from soul mates. I could go into the ancient teachings that tell what may happen in this situation or that. ReincarnatedRainbow, however, doesn't care about things. So, let's just talk about opinions and let the thread die. :joyful:

ReincarnatedRainbow

Mandy: Well, I could go into soul groups and how those are different from soul mates. I could go into the ancient teachings that tell what may happen in this situation or that. ReincarnatedRainbow, however, doesn't care about things. So, let's just talk about opinions and let the thread die. :joyful:

Eh? I don't care about what?

TransformingSelf

I used to wonder about soulmates or twin selves before. After speaking to others and reading about it, I do believe that "soulmates" exist, and they find each other to help develop spiritual awareness and connection in the other. I think astrology can show soulmates in a composite chart where one person's Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, or Ascendant conjuncts the other person's respective Moon, Sun, Mars, Venus, or Descendant and the other way around, or if one person's Sun conjuncts the other person's Moon and planetary conjunctions at the Sun and Moon midpoint of two people. Trines and sextiles with the Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars can also point to soulmate connections. The idea of soulmates for me is like the halves of two natal charts or two souls coming together to make a whole life cycle, where differences are enmeshed and become the same.

powerion

I do believe in people you're drawn to that are your opposite, but as far as like in another sex male female i'm not sure if they are compatible...D: lol jk I def believe 100% in soul mates

ReincarnatedRainbow

I used to wonder about soulmates or twin selves before. After speaking to others and reading about it, I do believe that "soulmates" exist, and they find each other to help develop spiritual awareness and connection in the other. I think astrology can show soulmates in a composite chart where one person's Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, or Ascendant conjuncts the other person's respective Moon, Sun, Mars, Venus, or Descendant and the other way around, or if one person's Sun conjuncts the other person's Moon and planetary conjunctions at the Sun and Moon midpoint of two people. Trines and sextiles with the Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars can also point to soulmate connections. The idea of soulmates for me is like the halves of two natal charts or two souls coming together to make a whole life cycle, where differences are enmeshed and become the same.

Hmm..I think the idea is cool, what you wrote. But I'm not sure. I think I'd have to witness two charts "completing" each other.

Mandy

ReincarnatedRainbow,

You've opened a discussion pertaining to the significance of the concept of soul mates in human relationships. I think this is a wonderful idea for a thread, particularly because, as you say, we hear the terms everywhere, yet their meaning remains unclear. If we agree that we are soulful beings (I assume by your interest in astrology that you agree to this), then any convo about soul mates shall be based on belief. If we go in further, in attempts to understand (accept/reject) any "proof" (or support) in this regard, we have to look at soul mates in the context of the dynamics of human relationships, as that is the only level of inspection available to us here. You stating above that you are not interested in how relationships work, I think, sounds a bit counterintuitive for the said purpose of your OP.

I think it would be wise to consider the possibility that there is more to this story than the lay use of those terms. Maybe, there is more to this than *lust* at first sight, and there are reasons why people come together, in and out of each other's lives, you know, like karmic stuff, for example? I don't know but, as I say, it seems to qualify as a great subject to explore, especially, since it appears to bear relation to astrology.

Mark,

Thank you for your generosity of spirit in offering to share your insight with us. We would all enjoy the pleasure, if you would please...:sideways:

p.s., Obv. no pressure about "proof", just using OP's terminology.

sparky

I am really enjoying the generous offerings in this thread. I am reminded once again of the holiness of all relationships. And while I once would have poo-pooed the idea of soul mates, my experience with husband--as well as with other significant friends and foes--has opened my eyes to the beauty in such a design.

I am excited that our natal charts reveal so much (I am learning more and more each day about astrology!), and that possibly our charts can lead us to our soul group. I want to do the work that we came here to do.

Mark, please tell us about soul groups and the ancient teachings!

My husband and I nearly met many times in our respective lives (in this incarnation) which is crazy since he spent most his life in Michigan and I spent mine in the South except 4 years in California and 4 years in Arkansas. Our meeting didn't happen until we were both 43 when I took a road trip and passed through Michigan. (Long, fun story!)

We have both said that had we met at the other times when we geographically passed each other in his travels South in his younger years, we would have probably messed things up because we weren't ready. Each of us had gone through many trials in our learning to love and accept ourselves.

When we did meet, it was as if we had finally "arrived," and it was so easy! We still feel that way 7 years later.

We feel like we've been together many times in past lives. There is such a confidence and security that has come to both of us that neither of ever enjoyed in this life before now. He even said that in our next life together, I need to call out his name over and over so that we can find each other again but sooner! LOL (I still look for little wing nubs on his shoulder blades because he is like a guardian angel who fell from Heaven to be with me.)

Vagabondgirl and Mandy, thank you so much for your posts, too! They are rich with wisdom and truth. Please give us more! :)

TransformingSelf

Last edited:

ReincarnatedRainbow

ReincarnatedRainbow,

You've opened a discussion pertaining to the significance of the concept of soul mates in human relationships. I think this is a wonderful idea for a thread, particularly because, as you say, we hear the terms everywhere, yet their meaning remains unclear. If we agree that we are soulful beings (I assume by your interest in astrology that you agree to this), then any convo about soul mates shall be based on belief. If we go in further, in attempts to understand (accept/reject) any "proof" (or support) in this regard, we have to look at soul mates in the context of the dynamics of human relationships, as that is the only level of inspection available to us here. You stating above that you are not interested in how relationships work, I think, sounds a bit counterintuitive for the said purpose of your OP.
Oh, sorry, you misunderstood me when I said that I was not interested in how relationships work. What had happened was that someone (I forgot who) veered off soul mates and went onto how to maintain a proper relationship. I wanted to stay on the topic of soul mates because I'm tired of my conversations being closed because they're temporarily off the main topic.

I think it would be wise to consider the possibility that there is more to this story than the lay use of those terms. Maybe, there is more to this than *lust* at first sight, and there are reasons why people come together, in and out of each other's lives, you know, like karmic stuff, for example? I don't know but, as I say, it seems to qualify as a great subject to explore, especially, since it appears to bear relation to astrology.
I think it'd be awesome if everybody talked about their idea of soul mates and twin souls. I want proof, be it through a fact or through somebody's logic. I don't need hard scientific evidence of it all. Experiences with soul mates that make sense to me are enough.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about reincarnation and karma. I'd love to believe in reincarnation, but so far I can't find any reason why it exists. For karma...I think that it could only exist if reincarnation does.

Mark

Alrighty. Here is what I know. The One God is like the fertile soil that nourishes the growth of all life. When a tree grows, it has roots, a trunk, and branches. The root and trunk are the One Soul that we all are. In Truth, there is no separation between us except for the separation that we create for ourselves. We are unique expressions, but eternally interconnected. Every branch hosts more branches. The smaller branches host more branches still. The smallest branches are like soul groups (or "soul families"), each one hosting many twigs which are like "individual souls." Remember, of course, that these "individual souls" only act as individuals because they believe themselves to be separate from the ground, roots, and trunk. When they act as a part of the tree, they are nourished and supplied with all they need to grow. When they cut themselves off from the tree, they whither and die. Only those who act as a part of the whole tree can bear fruit. Note also that fruit generally doesn't hang from the trunk of the tree. The fruit can only come from the growth points ("individual souls") at the tips of the branches. This fruit is grown by the whole tree through the twigs that will bear it.

It is quite common for individuals to incarnate with their soul groups repeatedly. This is not an hard and fast rule, however. The free will that is given as a gift of God provides us the ability to continually change our form in whatever way we see fit. So, some souls work well with their groups and others do not. Not every human incarnates with their soul group every time and neither case should be surprising. Sometimes what you really need is time to develop on your own. Other times, you need to be forced to face the incompatibilities in your self and your group.

Keeping in mind that every soul develops differently, it is possible that most of a soul group can choose to cut itself off from the tree, but a few twigs refuse to separate from it. In such a case, those who will stay a part of the tree can be spliced by the grounds-keeper onto another branch that is not separating. This allows those who choose to separate to have their freedom, but doesn't force every individual down the path of their group. This applies to soul mates as well. If the "other half of yourself" chooses to separate and you do not, then one of two things will happen (or first one, then the other). You may be sent (through incarnation) to try to "smack some sense" into this individual because you are the other half of that self. If it's obvious that the choice of separation will not change, then you will be separated from that whithering piece and given opportunity to find a more fruitful home.

Referring back to my previous post, these relationships are so powerful that they are potentially explosive. There is no one who can push your buttons like the other half of yourself. When two soul mates are exposed to one another in the Earth, they will clap together like magnets. This will lead to either turmoil then resolution or to turmoil then explosion. The same can be said for soul groups, though the effect is less intense. If two soul mates come together and are not developed well enough to handle the intensity, then one or both will react defensively. Don't we all know what happens in a relationship when you respond to intensity defensively? Boom.

From the perspective of consciousness, we are like atoms. The male corresponds to the proton and female to the electron. In this sense, positive and negative are polarity of charge, rather than desirable or undesirable behaviour. The two come together naturally to form one atom. The soul group would here represent a molecule of consciousness. Keep putting the groups together in bigger and bigger bundles and eventually you will have what might be called the "collective consciousness." As humans, we call this the "collective unconscious" because we are not directly aware of it. The fact is, however, that this invisible consciousness is more fundamental than what we think we are. What we think we are is an evaluation of emergent activity, rather than anything real or even material.

In the beginning (the creation of "individual souls"), every soul separated from God on its own path. This means that each of us has our own path to trace back to our true, singular origin; the One Source. This does not mean that we should "walk backward" or devolve into what we once were. Evolution always pushes forward according to the Will of One. It means that we must come to understand every step we have taken away from God in order to understand how we got where we are now. When we can fully understand ourselves and why we are where we are, then we will finally know our relationship to God and can be His companion (to be One with All). I would greatly enjoy jumping into quantum physics at this point, but I think this post is already long enough. Feel free to ask clarification for any of this.

ReincarnatedRainbow

@Mark

Wow. I saved that to my documents so I can reread it later. I've never read an analogy as amazing as that one.

Okay, now that I've said that, why do the branches grow fruit?