Brainstorming Thread - What Do You Wish to Discuss?

Arian Maverick

Alright, here it is: an opportunity for each member to post ideas about whatever topics he or she wishes to discuss in this board.

Some relevant topics garnered from the Ceres thread are:

1. Debating the gender association of Ceres and the other "goddess" asteroids.
2. The rulerships of Ceres and the other "goddess" asteroids.

Please feel free to suggest possible titles for any threads that may be created...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Hex Astrology

Fast reply!

Astrology of black holes, supernovas, comets anyone ?

I don't mind the thread about Ceres that was created already, but I would vote number 2.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Members don't have to vote for any particular topic; if you like them all, we can create them all ;)

I'm thinking about creating a poll once enough ideas have been generated, though, to ensure that the newly created threads will generate interest among enough members to be successful.

In addition to generating ideas for new topics, I think we should also discuss possible ways existing topics can be discussed; we can have multiple Ceres threads, for example, because there are so many ways in which we can approach this topic.

If anyone can't think of new topics to discuss, perhaps I should pose this question to the community: If you were able to take the Ceres thread--or any other thread in the Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects board--in any direction you wanted to, which direction would you wish to take it in?

Also, feel free to make suggestions for possible subboards to be created within this board; I don't have the power as a moderator to create these subboards, but if this topic becomes popular enough to generate a specific need, I'm sure Radu wouldn't mind creating some.

One idea I have from looking at the existing threads would be a subboard about Fixed Stars, Asteroids, and Other Cosmic Objects in Prediction (i.e. transits, progressions, solar returns, perhaps even eclipses and such).

The most basic categories we should probably create first, though, are individual subboards for fixed stars, asteroids, and other cosmic objects.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:
I would like to see a topic about planets in relation to careers..........rather than the signs....

I would like to hear how the more knowledgeable of the group would use the inners in place of the outers in a nativities chart..........

In relation to asteroids, an overview of the most common ones.........for the newbies to the topic.....

and from Moulin, I would like to see a "did jesus exist" Horary thread!.......:D

starlink

I have been thinking about what I would really like to know more about.
OK, it is the following. After a couple of exchanges with Astro Teacher, I noticed that, when doing natal interpretations, I all of a sudden started looking more at the traditional rulers. So I guess that there is where my interest goes.
I would very much like to talk about mixing the traditional with modern astrology. Which stars would still have an effect nowadays for example in a natal chart , which one's were mostly used in traditional astrology. What other important factors in traditional astrology are worth implementing in modern astrology (natal, I mean, not horary of course).

Talking about horary astrology, I would be interested in how the modern planets Pluto, Neptune and Uranus are generally being used, some findings on their presence in the Horary chart etc. I know that you should actually not use them, but then there are voices that say, look, we are living in a new century and we have to adapt to new things, so lets use these planets as well. What are your thoughts on that?
So maybe a thread called: Modern versus traditional astrology and how to complement them. Something like that. (I dont know exactly if I said this right ("complement them")because after all I am Dutch, not English).

Starlink

also, in horary i have seen some horarists doing charts with their location......I would like to discuss this and would hope aquarian essence (connie) would come to the party on that one too, as i have seen her use it with good results

EDIT: and in relation to sub boards, i am all for the one with Kai's book reviews......i reckon that is a really useful board to have going on here.....maybe we can extend it to internet websites as well.....,it would help to get that kind of "study" info in one place

Last edited:

Ebenia

I do not know if this is a right thread to talk about this - BUT I still wanna talk about it.

I am a little disappointed that this forum does not look psychological advices in a good way. I mean, sometimes when I give (in my point of view) good advices for the person, always some moderator comes and tells that the discussion must be completely on astrology.

Well...I don't know about you guys, but I love astrology because it gives psychological insight in to different aspects of life. It is very psychological subject, and I think that the most important thing I have learnt from astrology, is that most important thing in life is to be happy - and mostly being happy does have to do A LOT with psychological effort. I find it strange that forum that is all about astrology, does not see insightful messages and advices as a good thing, only because they are not completely astrology.

The reason I see this as strange, is that astrology is not only some "yeah, let's look planets to see your future" -thing and I thought that it was obvious to people who spend time on this kind of forum. Astrology is DEEP, psychological subject with a lot of possibilities to help the person to achieve happiness and understanding of his own life. And that understanding does not come from something like "Pluto makes your life worse"-things, but deep psychological patterns (which can be seen on the chart), that must be told to the person. I am sure that sometimes a complete psychological reply can give the person more insight and understanding and new ideas about his life than 10 other replys about how mercury works. If someone asks HELP, ain't the most important thing that the person gets help - not in which way the help is told?

And yes, I understand this is _astrology_ forum. Maybe I am the only one here, but for me, astrology is MORE than stars and planets and their movement and that is the main reason I am here.

Thanks.