• Schizophrenia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borderline Personality Disorder

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Autism/Aspergers

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Psychopathy/Sociopathy

• Dissociative Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder)

• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

• Eating Disorder

• Chemical Dependence

• Mixed

• None/I don't believe in Mental Illnesses

• Total voters
Are their particular aspects, configurations, between the planets, signs, and houses, that determine mental disorders?

I would think a YOD and Grand Cross, would definitely cause some sort of emotional turmoil. Any other ideas? :eek:

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Are their particular aspects, configurations, between the planets, signs, and houses, that determine mental disorders?

I would think a YOD and Grand Cross, would definitely cause some sort of emotional turmoil. Any other ideas? :eek:

I have OPD. Its not listed. Mars in the 12th in Taurus exactly Sextile Mercury in the 1st in Gemini. Mercury is conjunct Hephaistos.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I do have a set of asteroids for Borderline Personality disorder. And I have a previous(before I retired) client with every one of his/her planets exactly aspecting one of these asteroids.

I have OPD. Its not listed. Mars in the 12th in Taurus exactly Sextile Mercury in the 1st in Gemini. Mercury is conjunct Hephaistos.

OPD I don't think I heard of the illness before, what is it?

I think I should have put Mixed/Other in the poll, but it looks like I can't change it.:pinched:

I do have a set of asteroids for Borderline Personality disorder. And I have a previous(before I retired) client with every one of his/her planets exactly aspecting one of these asteroids.

Do they have books on astrology that associate with various disorders? Where did you get your information from?

Thanks for sharing.:biggrin:

Zarathu

Account Closed

I think I should have put Mixed/Other in the poll, but it looks like I can't change it.:pinched:

You shouldn't put it in the poll. It stands for my style of interaction that some people find abasive now and then: OBNOXIOUS PERSONALITY DISORDER.

When I worked in mental health services for 40+ years we got tired of the DSM and its continuous litany of new mental disorders. Some of us lost control of ourselves and made up disorders based on the part of ourselves which some people disliked. I also have KIAPD which is Know-It-All-Peronality-Disorder.

Its a curse.

JUPITERASC

"OPD" = simply an invented "illness" for a joke! :smile:

BECAUSE Definition of Obnoxious from online Dictionary:

Adjective
Obnoxious = causing disapproval or protest

"a vulgar and objectionable person"

Important To Be Informed - Get The Facts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5dSZnbugpc

Adjective

Important To Be Informed - Get The Facts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5dSZnbugpc

It is ironic though, even though the DMV-IV has all these diagnosis, some extremely mundane and "obnoxious" most doctors don't like to pay attention to the diagnosis rather than the symptoms. And anyway, I am pretty sure most people have experienced some sort of illness once through their lifetime. I was told it was for insurance purposes only. Instead of a diagnosis we could have people telling each other their chart configurations, although I am pretty sure the scientific docs wouldn't abide by those facts either. :joyful:

Zarathu

Account Closed

Adjective

You simply restated my explanation comment in your own words.

Of course here on AF, we could actually make the real measurement of OPD based on the number of complaints are made to the moderators because of a person's posts. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no little diagram on everyone's posts that gives their complaint quotient.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed

I don't believe that such gross things such as a yod or a grand cross can be used to define mental and emotional disorders.

I do believe that you have to first separate them out into what would be physical disorders with emotional and mental manifestations, emotional disorders which are primarily disorders of the brain's limbic system, and then disorders which are primarily disorders of the cortex, that is the the disorders of thinking itself.

Of course all of them inter-relate each other.

You should read some of the works of Martha Lang-Wescott in her studies of asteroids. She believes the the asteroid Psyche primarily represents the brain, but I tend to believe that it primarily represents the cortex of the brain but necessarily the limbic system or the brain stem.

It is my belief that one is most likely to determine these things by more subtle measurement, but most specifically by asteroids, fixed stars, arabic points, Witte Sensitive points and other point measurements, all which impact the most powerful most high friction planets in the natal chart, but that they impact all the planets in the chart for these things to become full blown.

I have a client who has borderline personality disorder, which is more commonly called a "professional victim" disorder by those in the field. This person has one of several of the victim asteroids aspecting all of his/her planets in his/her chart. It is clearly indicative by the Arabic parts and the fixed stars also, as well as the high latitude moon.

JUPITERASC

does the Diseases like epilepsy can also be seen by a horoscope chart....??????
Tuli, that's a good question to ask on the Medical Astrology board! :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14
QUOTE: "Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here.

Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness"

Vista

My ex boyfriend had a mutable Grand Cross involving early degrees Gemini Moon/Mer to Mars in Pisces, to Saturn, Jupiter and Pluto in late degree, fixed signs. He was diagnosed with OCD and Narcolepsy. He definitely had bed time rituals and collected weird things like empty Altoids tins. He took medication to stay awake during the day. On the other hand, it gave him the drive and ambition to achieve in life with a Masters degree in IT and undergraduate degree in engineering. He was also employed with the same company for 28 years(probably due to the fixed portion of planets within his Grand Cross). He was also very athletic and an incredible artist. He was, unfortunately, rather shut down emotionally. But hey, he seems to have made the best of it.

In my experience I find more often than not Moon in hard aspect to Uranus points to bi-polar disorder. This is not to suggest that all people with hard aspects to Moon from Uranus ARE bi-polar, but there is at the very least a certain instability or volitility to their moods and emotions in my opinion.

wilsontc

Staff member
get back on topic

All,

Please get back on topic (I have deleted a few off-topic comments). And when making a joke about a psychological disorder, please make sure in the same post as the joke, to make clear it is a joke answer. This is an international forum and not everyone can be counted on to "get the joke".

Back on subject,

Tim

multiple

Account Closed
... I suffer from chronic depression and have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I have spoken and drawn charts for other people who suffer from social anxiety and there was a vague pattern of mercury,saturn,neptune and mars in conflict with each other somehow. nothing concrete or definable though,since people have different underlying reasons for their social anxiety.

Lone Wolf

Interesting thread! I was researching Mercury in the 12th. (Natal) a few months ago, and found a little write up on Mercury in the 12th. which stated that sometimes this is an indication of a male sibling with a mental disorder.

Unfortunately, I can vouch for this being true. I have a brother who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia many years ago.:sad:

JUPITERASC

Interesting thread! I was researching Mercury in the 12th. (Natal) a few months ago, and found a little write up on Mercury in the 12th. which stated that sometimes this is an indication of a male sibling with a mental disorder.

Unfortunately, I can vouch for this being true. I have a brother who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia many years ago.:sad:
Be useful if you would provide a link to the information you reference because Mercury is neither male nor female but androgynous!

Also siblings are associated with 3rd house - not 12th house :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
... I suffer from chronic depression and have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I have spoken and drawn charts for other people who suffer from social anxiety and there was a vague pattern of mercury,saturn,neptune and mars in conflict with each other somehow. nothing concrete or definable though,since people have different underlying reasons for their social anxiety.

I would bet that the asteroids for sadness and depression are highly configurable to your most friction and most powerful planets, as well as the Arabic parts and the fixed stars.

Lone Wolf

[FONT=&quot]Sorry, used to have that all bookmarked before my laptop crashed a while back. There wasn't much on it though, just a tidbit. I have read Mars in the 12th. for this too, that others have pointed out earlier in the thread. Mercury does represent the 3rd. though. So I can still see how it can be used.

One thing I found interesting was the Arabic point used to calculate siblings[/FONT].

[FONT=&quot]*=ASC + Mars - Mercury [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I did find this exercise completed by advanced students to determine the death of a sibling (brother). I believe it involved the 12th, and 3rd. house too. Various methods were used by different students though. If I find the other tidbit about Mercury in the 12th. I will post it!

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dymock/instal25.html
http://www.universalastrologer.com/lots.html[/FONT]