Arabic Parts Interpretation

SagiCap

I have a Part of Love I'd like to look up - in Sag 24 25. Where do I find the meaning of this? How do I go about the predictive interpretation? Does it mean this where I would most likely find my soulmate? What does it mean exactly? Do I need to find interpretation of the actual degree or the decan or the sign in general to learn more? It's in my 11th house - do I look at this too?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SagiCap

What you'd want to do is to look at the rulers of the part - domicile, exaltation, triplicity, and term. Can they see the part, and if so, what aspect do they make to it?
AHA! So - I look at Jupiters condition and how it's aspecting 11 house Sag 24 25? I have Jupiter in 10th in Scorpio 21 56' 48".

If the domicile ruler, exaltation ruler, and first triplicity ruler of the 7th house don't see the 7th house,
Don't see means "don't aspect?"

If it is the ruler, it can tell you if you will find love, if it will last, if you'll fall in love with the right sort of people, what their social station is likely to be, etc.
How is this done? By looking at timing to the Jupiter to POL's aspect?

I appreciate this quick reply. So helpful. I guess the key words here are "older texts". I see what you mean since searching online yielded a very poor result for me just now.

I'm sure many people will find your answer helpful too. Would you recommend any text offhand?

Last edited:

tikana

Olivia is right, SagiCap. Zoller's book is great. You might want to experiment with famous people's charts with confirmed birthtimes to see what Part of Love does to their charts.

best of luck
T

SagiCap

Robert Zoller translated Bonatti's work on the parts - if you're going to go for one, that's probably the one to go for. Mostly it's collecting aphorisms from everybody - and your own notes over the years.

When I say 'see' that's the one time I'm definitely using whole sign houses - an aspect by sign will do it, though I'd prefer to see something closer.

If it's at 25 Sag, then you'd look at Jupiter, if it's a day birth, the Sun - Sun holds day triplicity over the fire signs, Jupiter holds night triplicity, and Saturn, which is the term ruler. There's no exaltation ruler for Sagittarius, so that doesn't come into play here.

And do check if any planets are aspecting the part itself - I'd give maybe 3 or 4 degrees on those for actual aspects, as parts themselves cast no light.

I will definately try to find this book. Thank you, Olivia. So my indicators are aspects interplaying between Jupiter and the Sun? I'm still hazy on this, I'd better try to find that book soon. :)

Olivia is right, SagiCap. Zoller's book is great. You might want to experiment with famous people's charts with confirmed birthtimes to see what Part of Love does to their charts.

best of luck
T

Many thanks, Tikana. And that is a good idea. I'd love to see an example of this done too so I have a guide as to what I'm doing.

SagiCap

Okay, I know it sounds confusing. Do the Sun, Saturn or Jupiter aspect the part? If so then it's activated. Jupiter moreso than the Sun or Saturn, but for a part, I'd look at triplicity and term as well. That's assuming you were born in the daytime. If you weren't then the Sun isn't the triplicity ruler - Jupiter is.

If none of the rulers aspect the part, it probably isn't going to be a significant factor in your chart - unless your 7th house is *******. At that point, the part may become very important.

If they aspect it, how do they aspect it? And if it is seen by either Jupiter, Saturn or the Sun (day birth only), what other planets aspect the part?

What house and sign is it in? Again, it may or may not rule your love live - it depends on whether your 7th ruler sees the 7th house and whether the 7th ruler is strong enough (not combust or otherwise horribly afflicted) to do the job.

If your 7 ruler is okay, that will be the main ruler. If the part is activated (seen by its rulers) it will add some information. If your 7th house ruler is ******* and the part is activated, it will have more rulership over your love life.

You really have to take the whole chart into consideration. Here's a place to start: Go through your chart now, and see which houses are seen by either the domicile ruler or the exaltation ruler. Domicile preferred, but exaltation will work. What shape are the rulers in?

The ones that aren't seen (and most of us have some that aren't) are the areas of life where you're apt to have more difficulty. Are there planets close to the cusps of any of the unseen houses? What are they up to?

A planet in a house, especially near the cusp of a house, will likely play out earlier in life, and probably be more noticeable than the house significator - but the significator's always going to be playing a role too - at least if it sees the house. Well, even if it doesn't see the house, it plays a role - just not a helpful one.

The parts can add a lot of useful information, and sometimes there are things they rule, but you need to get an overall feel for the chart.

Wow, this really helped. I feel like a lightbulb just went on in my brain. :eek: Thanks SO much.

hermetic

very interesting thread.

piercethevale, great posts, I find this part of false love in my case to be conjunct with my 7th house ruler.

also, Olivia, your posts are great at explaining these matters. here, for the first time I hear about 7th ruler aspecting 7th house,
in my case 7th house ruler which is Saturn is squaring both 1st and 7th, and now it seems this Part of false love is conjunct that same point of Saturn Pluto conjunction :( by this should I be looking at part of love or part of marriage as indicator of love matters?