Natal planets for children in a Single-Parent (or Adopted) home

vannasan

I have often wondered what the planets (specifically Moon & Saturn) would represent in a child who was raised by a single mother or father.
In the case of the single father, would both Saturn AND the Moon represent the father since he has to fulfill both roles? (vice versa for the mother - would both Saturn + moon represent the mother)
If the child or parent wanted to do a synastry chart, would they look at both for representation; how does this work?

** Especially in the case of say, a child who was adopted from a very young age by a single parent, or a child who lost one parent at the baby stage.

BQ: since I touched on the topic of a child who's adopted, would the Moon represent both mothers and Saturn both fathers?

Lion o ness

Well I cant speak for everyone, just myself... I never met my father, actually my father didnt even know about me, until I was 25 years..

I only have easy aspects to both my sun/moon...

I do have sun conjunct moon
I also have Saturn conjunct the IC line

I have a 4th house venus but its afflicted with a t-square of Venus/Pluto.Jupiter form the 4th/7th/10th..

I did not have a happy childhood.. I dont love the childhood memories.. My moon is super flaky... I have seen my mom in YEARS!! Once I turned 19 she moved away, and left me behind..
Also I am an only child..

Fragoso

I have often wondered what the planets (specifically Moon & Saturn) would represent in a child who was raised by a single mother or father.
In the case of the single father, would both Saturn AND the Moon represent the father since he has to fulfill both roles? (vice versa for the mother - would both Saturn + moon represent the mother)
If the child or parent wanted to do a synastry chart, would they look at both for representation; how does this work?

** Especially in the case of say, a child who was adopted from a very young age by a single parent, or a child who lost one parent at the baby stage.

BQ: since I touched on the topic of a child who's adopted, would the Moon represent both mothers and Saturn both fathers?

Hello.
Hard moon-saturn contacts seem to have hard childwood memories. I would say that's a sign of not getting enought love in childhood or don't feel loved during it. So i wouldn't be surprised if i saw an orpahn with it.
Moon in capricorn may have smilar effects in estim.

Fragoso

MaeMae

Banned
although my son's father was present in my son's childhood, I was his primary parent from time he was a toddler.
my son has moon cancer opp. sat/uranus/neptune capricorn from 7th to 1st. We've always had a loving, affectionate and positive relationship. He is well adjusted, successful, hardworking and in a healthy relationship with a (sigh) 28 year old actress. He's always been very self aware and personally motivated. And very kind and decent. He is my greatest joy.
At 22, he supports himself as a professional musician and teacher while attending university full time. My guidance and strict but positive parenting was employed early on.
His father, also a musician, was emotionally remote and unaffectionate, although he exposed my son to music early on.

I don't know that the moon-saturn opposition has been such a bad thing in his life, although he certainly has been thru hardships with me (we share a saturn/saturn conjunction) and realized early on that nothing of value gets dropped in your lap, which made him always work double time to succeed.
(can you tell his jupiter conjuncts my moon and his venus conjuncts my MC? I couldn't be prouder...)

Last edited:

Flowergirl

Sun square Neptune in the child's chart can indicate an absent father. Either physically absent or not involved in the child's life. There was a thread about sun square Neptune possibly a year ago and a lot of participants agreed that the father was physically absent in their lives. Use the search function on the forum if you want to find it.

Fragoso

Sun square Neptune in the child's chart can indicate an absent father. Either physically absent or not involved in the child's life. There was a thread about sun square Neptune possibly a year ago and a lot of participants agreed that the father was physically absent in their lives. Use the search function on the forum if you want to find it.

Hi. I have sun square neptune in my chart and had an absent father. Sun is also in 4th house.

That's a very commum sign for absent father... But that aspect only can influence the idea that we have of our father; and not the father himself. I know persons with the square sun-neptune that blame their fathers for beeing absent when, in fact, they have been always there.

*All in the mind*

If we follow that line of thinking, moon-neptune hard aspects can also bring children single-parent, along with moon in 12th or moon in 8th (that's very associated with a premature 'death' of mother).

Fragoso

Flowergirl

That's a very commum sign for absent father... But that aspect only can influence the idea that we have of our father; and not the father himself. I know persons with the square sun-neptune that blame their fathers for beeing absent when, in fact, they have been always there.

*All in the mind*

Very true. It's all about perception and a persons' perception is not always consistent with reality.

MaeMae

Banned
sun-neptune square can indicate absent father, butaken a step further ~
there is a warped, effusive self image due to absence (physical or emotional) of father. a tendency to doubt oneself's "whole picture." Gawd, I think my son has this aspect in his chart, as do I. He has no relations with his father for 4 years. He's Sun Aries and Neptune Cap. Actually, likely a wide orb square, but those outers usually have a farther reach. I once discussed the notion that mercury-jupiter aspects in fathers lended themselves to non presence.
sun-neptune square can suggest fantasies of father's significance in spite of reality at at hand.
Saggitarius or afflicted Jupiter seems to be in the chart of children primarily or completely raised by one parent.
My son has Sag. rising
My best friend has 2 Sag. children from non present dad.
So many I can't list.

I don't think there is any clear *signature*for this, although outer planets in 4/10th house suggest problems in childhood espec 4th. Step kids and adopted 11th. Really we are all visual people and need to see charts if you have any....

bubuza_dulce

My father died when I was three and a half. I have a sister and we were both raised by my mother, she never remarried. I have including Moon opposition Saturn(the chart is in my album).

About the father, the Sun (in the 5th, in Leo - I really saw him as perfect) does not make any hard aspects, but it doesn't make almost any important aspect! (only a sextile with Mars). And my father was great, I loved him, worshiped him but he just disappeared! And I noticed this is my relationship with men in general. I don't really have relationships with them, in the superficial ones that I have they treat me very well and rarely I meet incredible men I really adore and I am amazed at the beauty of their souls and they suddenly die or just disappear from my life!

I say that because I've met like three men i was astounded by in my whole life (one of them being my father), one of them was my first surgery teacher and today I found out that he died! (he was 50). How is that even possible?? I mean it's natural for people to die but I really open my soul to so very few and they "suddenly" (it is a key word!) are gone! I feel I am punished by men with the worst punishment possible. They don't even treat me badly. They show me how amazing they can be and after that they go and die a little.

Munch

My mother abandoned my brother and I when I was about 3 months old and he was 1 1/2 years. Our father raised us along with the woman that I call 'Mom.'

I have a very tight Moon/Venus/Neptune stellium in Sagittarius as well as Moon parallel Uranus. My dad is an angry and mean person but has a good and severely wounded heart and hides behind unyielding pride. I'm also Saturn on the ASC square Sun.

CapAquaPis

The Moon in 8th house (and intensifying when the sun is also in 8th house) carries a high risk of a child losing a parent (or develop a physical disability) or a high risk their parents divorce, often the father leaves the home and the child has the mother a primary caregiver or guardian.

When it comes to single (or married) parenting, certain signs of the zodiac are associated with strong, then exalted or weak/impaired parenting skills. Everyone can be parents regardless of their sun sign, but astrological origin and analysis of parenting and children's well-being are somewhat connected.

I came to believe the so-called "mothering" Earth-feminine-fixed Taureans and Water-feminine-cardinal Cancerians; and "paternal" Air-masculine-fixed Aquarians and Air-masculine-mutable Geminis have the least problems in raising children and strongly affects mothers more than fathers, whom otherwise shown a great joy and devotion to their children.

Also parents born under the signs of Virgos and Pisces are good in relating with children. But the signs Leos, Libras and Sagittarians have a tendency to hold an authoritarian role or have some friction there, more conflict with their children is inevitable. And finally the signs Aries, Scorpios and Capricorns seem to have a much troubling pattern in parenting: either strict or need most help to handle responsibilty, it's magnified in single, divorced and adoptive parents.

I came to notice Taurean parents/Aquarian children came to carry some conflicts of interests, then the Taureans have to lay down the law and ensure Aquarian kids to accept their fate as children living under their roof and the way the world works. Cancer parents/Aquarian kids have a powerfully strong bond, hardly any bad to speak of and the parents seem to cater well, but the Aquarian child gives back in return.

Last edited:

MJ82

I can vouch for this. My parents divorced when I was 6, raised by my mom.

My chart is below, not sure if anything else stands out re this topic.

vannasan

Thank you all so much for the replies, as they have been very helpful.

The person I asked this question for is a cousin of mine who is both adopted and currently raised by a single parent. She was abandoned by her birth mother (no one knows anything about her father), and adopted by an aunt of mine. She is still very young, but knows she is adopted and I know there's so much going on in her mind about it.
We do not know her birth time, but the best I can decifer from an 'unknown/ 12pm' birth time chart - she does have sun-square-neptune! As I said, nothing is known of her dad. She also has venus and mercury square neptune.
She's got a sun-opposition-saturn, with saturn square uranus. At first I just thought it indicative of her massive temper, but it could point to more inner turmoil.

I would post her chart, but she doesn't believe in astrology and didn't give permission, so I don't think I will.

For my own part, I also did not grow up with my father around, I'm not even sure how I feel about him or how he feels about me (Saturn in 12th?) even though we talk quite a few time a year. My mom left while I was very young but I still feel very close to her, we talk almost daily. I'll post my chart for moon aspects.
I do feel a bit abandoned by both parents, but I had so many substitute mothers that I was never truly alone (moon-conjunct-jupiter?).

Attachments

• vannasan birth chart.jpg
    vannasan birth chart.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 40
mother connecrts to chiron and hard aspects....:unsure:

Moon conjunct Chiron
“You instinctively understand the mind/body connection and the role of emotions in illness and healing. You are challenged to heal yourself of a deep, emotional wound, possibly based in the experience of maternal rejection. Your healing process is supported by those close to you, and becomes a journey of spiritual awakening. You will gain much understanding and find keys that you can share with others. Avoid giving your power away to medical practitioners. Your healing must come from within.”

http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Moon_Aspects.html

“Chiron - Moon: In the natal chart, a positive aspect can indicate a person who is extremely sensitive, empathic and mystical. "Boundary problems" are a big-time problem here, regardless of the supportive or challenging aspects. The degree to which this is a problem will be indicated by the aspects. Anyone with a Chiron-Moon placement should learn grounding principles and psychic protection. There can be indications of rejection by the mother if the aspects are challenging.”
http://www.aquarianage.org/west/planets/ch-nat02.html

CapAquaPis

mother connects to chiron and hard aspects....:unsure:

Moon conjunct Chiron
“You instinctively understand the mind/body connection and the role of emotions in illness and healing. You are challenged to heal yourself of a deep, emotional wound, possibly based in the experience of maternal rejection. Your healing process is supported by those close to you, and becomes a journey of spiritual awakening. You will gain much understanding and find keys that you can share with others. Avoid giving your power away to medical practitioners. Your healing must come from within.”
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Moon_Aspects.html

“Chiron - Moon: In the natal chart, a positive aspect can indicate a person who is extremely sensitive, empathic and mystical. "Boundary problems" are a big-time problem here, regardless of the supportive or challenging aspects. The degree to which this is a problem will be indicated by the aspects. Anyone with a Chiron-Moon placement should learn grounding principles and psychic protection. There can be indications of rejection by the mother if the aspects are challenging.”
http://www.aquarianage.org/west/planets/ch-nat02.html

I don't know you're able to read this now, but I find Chiron hovering in the sign Taurus-11th house, abit away from aries-the 10th house with Venus shining bright and the 10th house associated with the mother, but Cancer rising is the sign associated with maternity and Venus is the ruling planet of Taurus as well Libra-the 4th house for me represents the father with Pluto stuck right there. Moon and Chiron are a quarter (90 degrees far apart) when the Moon and Sun are 5 degrees apart in the same sign Aquarius, my natal sign and the 8th house where an eclipse takes place the next day after I was born. The Sun, moon and Chiron may not be "planets" in an astronomical/scientific sense, but they matter in this case.

mahaira

What an interesting thread!
Before I found out who my biological father was, an astrologist had told me "a foreign journalist". Right on the spot. I have Sun-Saturn conjunction in the 9th and Neptune square Moon-Mercury conjunction on my MC in Virgo. I guess i picked up talent for languages and interest in writing and translating from him...

I find the Neptune aspect particularly interesting in my chart (even though it doesn't speak about the father directly as the examples above). I had a great mum, but on the top of that, being the only parent I had, I idolized her. When she died, for a while she remained a saint like figure. It took me a lot of time and energy to break that myth which was doing me no good.

My 4th house is in Pisces and where's Pisces there's some kind of a loss (as the astrologist I mentioned said, what water takes away, never comes back). I've never had a normal home (mum, dad, sibling, pet), but I never felt that I was missing something. How can one miss a father without ever knowing one?

Growing up without a father (or mother) plays a different role in different lives (charts), hence many diverse aspects and placements that signal that possibility. In my case (Sun-saturn conjunction) it's largly about lack of self-confidence, self-imposed boundaries, responsibilities, restrictions and guilt.

CapAquaPis

Shine at yahoo are giving out astrological advice on raising children based on their astrological sign. Capricorn or Aquarius are the so-called "indigo children" types, so don't assume they have "autism" (the planets Mercury, Saturn and Uranus could have an effect) or natural-born geniuses. :innocent: The child's birth sign and natal chart should be instruction guides, but don't take their word for it: take it with a pinch of salt...and children aren't predestined at birth by the zodiac, as any parent will know this. xD

http://shine.yahoo.com/moments-of-motherhood/astrology-help-better-mom-184200303.html