Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

zoumizzouzou

tautomer

I've been called psycho before lol, and I just don't know what to say lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy read the wiki on it. It gives a basic and detailed overview of what a psychopath is like, and what psychopathy is. You'll be able to come to your own conclusions to whether or not those around you who have claimed this of you, are valid of not. Based upon how you may or may not feel you fit this.

Last edited:

Saturnian

I can't speak for other Cappy Moons, as most of them do not agree with you or me, but I agree with you 100%. I am emotionally distant, cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me. I do rub people the wrong way with what I say and have this "I don't give a f..." attitude if said person likes/liked what I have/had to say or not. I guess I may have hurt people with this attitude/mindset. Btw, my Moon is in III.

Ok, I just read some of the posts and you are talking of family members as well. Here's my insight... I hate my family to the extreme (maybe its because of Saturn in IV... Haha Cappy ruler in IV, sorry lol) anyway, I've had lots of family problems, and I especially hate my mother... This could be a clue as to why: "Chiron in Cancer: The superficial interpretation would be that there were childhood troubles with the mother. Brilliant deduction. Hey, who didn't have some childhood problems with both parents? The real key here is how we dealt with it. The positive part of Chiron in Cancer is that you can be very nurturing. This is a very good position for therapists and caregivers of any sort. The negative side is that you find it difficult to nurture yourself or let others nurture you. Everybody has some degree of difficulty in growing up and severing that psychological umbilical cord with mama. Chiron in Cancer people tend to take a longer time than most to do the job. Once you do this, though, and learn to accept as well as give nurturing, you should be fine. So stop whining and complaining."
When people have problems with their parents and especially if they hate them,it could mean that they didn't receive enough love.And not receiving enough love is the "mother" of many problems.I dunno if you suffer from any severe disorder like anti-social(which is what you are describing) but if I were you I would do something about it.There's also the attachment disorder that that's a very very severe case(but also a rare one) and had to do with the inability to feel close,relate and trust other people.After of course you have been abused from one of your parents.Not all abused kids of course end up developing this problem.But here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4
I wouldn't call something a disorder so lightly but before calling yourself "psychotic" you have to ask yourself "why?".Is it cause other people call you that and you have adopted it and accepted it or is it cause YOU yourself see that something in your head isn't functioning they way "it should be"?You should not also discard the possibility that you feel so disappointed with your parents and especially your mom that you are aggressive towards them in hopes of protecting yourself and creating a defense mechanism.That has little to do with psychotic.
Let alone that the real definition of "psychosis" is illness of the mind.Meaning you are not in touch with reality.instead you're delusional.It doesn't exactly deal with how well or bad you relate to others.

I also think you should check your aspects.Usually those indicate a lot more about difficulties and problems than just the sign placements.The way you make it appear then all the Leo moons I have met should have been suffering from a narcissistic disorder.And I should already be stalking a bunch of people.
Also if you wanna make sure you suffer from a disorder or you have a problem as it seems you believe,it'd be better to define which one is it by taking a test at a center or something.

---------------------
As for @Onion: Well I must have a chart around somewhere I can PM it to you if you wanna see.

zoumizzouzou

I never said that I was psychotic, I said others have seen me that way. Also, I'm not anti social either. I don't have psychosis either, seeing as I already knew what that was, I am for a fact not delusional or out of touch with reality, I'm perfectly fine. I just have a tenancy to be cold and distant. I hurt other's with my words without even trying. Its not my fault other people don't like what I have to say, and no, I'm not gonna just keep to my self because someone wants to be all cry baby about it. I just don't care enough about other's feelings to keep my mouth shut. I will say what ever comes to my mind, when I want to.

Claire19

I also have several Moon in Capricorn people in my life. They are all different and it depends on the aspects. One woman comes from a farming family and has an enduring marriage which is one of the better manifestations of Moon in Cap as they are loyal, down to earth and dutiful. They are stalwart and keen to do the proper thing and this may make them seem a little cold.
They may not be effusive with affection but that is often the way they were brought up. My Dad and my best friend have it and also a very good neighbour of mine. Of course I do have a Taurus Moon which connects very well there.

wilsontc

Staff member
keep the focus on astrology

All,

Please keep the focus on astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological comments by request.

Back on subject,

Tim

GraceK

I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.

GraceK

I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.

JUPITERASC

I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.
Traditionally, a key to understanding the Moon's location in Capricorn
is that traditionally for births during the daytime, the Moon has no dignity in Capricorn and is therefore peregrine

Those born at night time are fortunate to have their Moon in Triplicity which is at least some dignity - not much, but better than nothing, since the Moon is saved from being Peregrine :smile:

useful thread discusses Peregrine status of planets at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152

I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

dignities2.gif

poyi

Premium Member
I think the main issues is that cause you are Cancerian so automatically you will see Capricorn as in Opposition, that has more to do with the aspect and polarization (almost like 1st house seeing the open enemy 7th house) of the two signs in synasty between you and these people. The tension of competition will always be there. One wants to go left the other wants to go right, like using two hands to pull a piece of rubber string into opposite directions, if not learning to reach a common point, will only break and both hands will get hurt! Tension and opposition are opportunity to learn something in between to make peace.

poyi

Premium Member
Capricorn is a funny sign it look like a goat blunt and cold on the top but underneath is a soft tail fish. I have Capricorn moon born at night. I hope myself is not that nasty and cold. People in fact found me very warm in real life perhaps the moon trine Venus in libra and Mars in Virgo. I am very expressive of my emotion with sextile to mercury in Scorpio. I have a lot of emotion very intense and can really go volcano like in both love and anger.

To think about it Capricorn rules bones our bones support us so we can walk and protects the organs as the ribs around your chest and hip for the reproductive organs. The way Capricorn express it love is very earthy and practical instead of giving you hugs and kisses we would do something to get you through your problems or simply giving you some money or cook you a meal. Is always about some kind of material and practical helps. If you do get to know us you will see our vulnerable side under the horns.

Limperatrice

I've been involved with a guy with a Capricorn moon for the past year and an issue that has come up over and over has been his blunt criticisms, mean teasing and what I feel is him always keeping me at arm's length. Every time I've tried talking to him about how he hurts my feelings and it sometimes seems like he barely likes me (despite certain actions that say otherwise, such as traveling 3,000 miles to surprise me on my doorstep) he says the same sort of things: that's just his sense of humor - very dry and sarcastic, he has a very hard shell and doesn't give his heart over so easily.

Now I realize that a lot of men are generally uncomfortable with women crying in front of them, but I've never had one tell me directly, and so many times, that he hates crying. I've never cried in front of him, only told him that I'm very sensitive and emotional (Pisces, Cancer asc., Taurus moon....we may just be incompatible in temperament, love and communication styles, etc.)

Anyway, I started looking at his birth chart in the past few weeks and everything I've read about this moon placement sounds so much like him! From what others have shared, I think my suspicions about him were correct - despite whatever it is he seems to feel for me at times, he has an internal block from letting down his guard and freely showing affection or using affectionate words. I think I trigger his distrust because his mean teasing makes it hard for me to trust him enough to fully open up and it's this unfortunate, vicious cycle. *sigh* I don't think I have the fortitude to make it to his wonderful, gooey center that I know is there because I've felt it in fleeting moments.

Anyway, that's my very long-winded way of saying, I know where the OP is coming from and I also can see how frustrating it must be for someone like this who wants to emotionally connect with someone but has a hard time showing it or contributing to an environment that allows such connections to reach full bloom.

GraceK

I had a Mum with moon in Capricorn. She had a hard time showing her feelings. She wasn't a hugger or a cuddler. I can't remember being physically hugged by her at all. It just wasn't done. In fact, you could see how repulsed she felt about physical contact when she saw others hugging. I couldn't even give her a peck on the cheek without her physically recoiling and because I was completely the opposite - I automatically hug people in greeting or to comfort someone. I'm tactile in that respect. I cry when I'm sad, laugh when I'm happy etc. But my mother used to make me feel that displays of emotion were wrong, she'd make sarcastic remarks and I have to say she made me feel utterly miserable about myself for most of my life. Children base their self esteem on what parents say or think about them. My mother just made me feel weak and stupid for being a normal person. I don't think she longed to be any different, I think she just believed that 'her way' was the 'right way' to be and that everyone else was a bit odd.

GraceK

See ... that comment you made about 'being all cry baby about it' is exactly what I'm talking about where moon in Capricorn is concerned. That's what they think of people who show emotion by crying. But there is nothing at all 'cry baby' about shedding tears when you're hurt - it's NORMAL. It does NOT imply weakness, in fact, it's HEALTHY and it rids the body of stress hormones that if they build up, become toxic in the body. Also, if you liken crying to going for a pee - would you stop yourself from peeing if you needed to? Why would you suppress fluid from coming out of your eyes when quite naturally, you allow it to leave your bladder? Crying is a bodily function, so is complaining and whining and yelling when we're hurt. They all help to alleviate pain. That's what e-motion is for - to MOVE things out.

Lucius22

I have a Capricorn moon. I've been told that I should think before I speak. I'm very blunt. I'm also extremely ambitious. But I'm not sure I would describe myself as "cold".

LyP

This is such a complicated colocation
People with this moon need to be earned every single day
seems to that movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Berrymore.
but without the memory problem

Maybe they could try to learn to give the same amount they receive
Drop the mistrust ...
this is just an observation of the people I met
including a very special person in my life, which even today do not know if she really liked me.
they have a security lock to not show their feelings imho.

in the end i think this moon only requires patience, or needy idiot people like me. lol

issajakes

My understanding is nascent at best but: Capricorn ruled by Saturn. Saturn is about Mastery, is it not? Having plenty of Saturn influence in my chart i am constantly challenged to this endeavor. The best way i've found to think about it is that the Master need not control, he/she would both retain a sense of Self (in the Jungian sense, not ego) while also being in symphony with the realm in which they dwell. So Capricorn moon need not run cold in order to not run too hot once Mastery is achieved. The fear of hot which produces cold is early stages of the endeavor. Saturn has all the patience in the universe even if we don't, eh?