Will he attempt to win me back

jacambers

Hey everyone,

I hope I have posted in the right place. I've attempted to read the Board, I followed a Beginners link, but it lead me to a dead page. So, I am here. Hope that is ok?

The background
My "ex" and I have been on and off for a long period of time. We recently agreed to get to know each other properly and take things slowly, but he seems to be scared of commitment and what could be between us.
I finally snapped last night and there was a heated exchange between us. I essentially told him to step up or lose me.

The horary
So, I drew a chart and I have picked up on the following things, but cannot answer the ultimate question.

1. My significator is Venus and his is Mars.

2. There are no future applying aspects between these two significators. However, according to the ephemeris, there will be an applying square between the two within the next week. Note: Not too sure if this counts and what it means?

3. There is an applying trine between Mars and Moon, which I think shows a willingness to work on the situation. However, unsure if this would mean 'win me back'

4. Mars is in its own sign and it is also in my ex's first house, this suggests that he will be in control of whatever happens next between us; because he is WELL placed in comparison to me.

5. The only other issue with this chart is that Saturn is in the 7th house and shows that the horary reader's interpretation skills may be impaired. However, given that I am reading my own chart, I have read that this may not be an issue - as I would be represented by the 1st house and not the 7th.

Consequently, Saturn's presence here may just mean that there will be delays. However, I have also read that Saturn here could be indicative of a 3rd party being involved in the matter and perhaps preventing him for acting quickly in this instance.

Conclusion
So, I think that I have spotted a number of things, but in terms of drawing a conclusion. Can anyone help?

4902e78fa8.jpg

Thank you :)

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Right now it looks to me that he is very involved with himself: strong both in his dignity and exactly on the descendant angle.

Saturn in the 7th house in a relationship question describes the relationship rather than the astrologer. With it being retrograde as well, it very much does not bode well for the relationship.

His inclination toward you is represented by his/Mars' reception to you/Venus. Mars does not receive Venus at 14 Leo.

Finally, Venus does apply to a square [was trine...thank you tik for correcting this in your post below] with with Mars, but it meets another planet, Mercury, first. So it is not an unimpeded aspect.

The late rising degree suggests that you may already strongly sense that he is not going to try to win you back.

Last edited:

jacambers

Thanks for your feedback.
Horary always surprises me when you see a trine, you expect it to mean a yes. However, it doesn't because there are other things to consider and these can nullify a trine.

I'll keep you updated.

tikana

mercury is interference

moon/mars? moon is rejected by mars and moon is too weak to do anything and it is in mute sign.
have you noticed Mars is sitting in its own 1st house

Now, open CA vol 2 7th house issues and look for who loves whom
What does Lilly say about a lord of the desired sitting in its own sign and its own house?

T

jacambers

Did you read my initial post? I acknowledged mars in the first house.

To clarify, i mentioned moon because I understand that it can be the cosignificator.

Last edited:

tikana

Yeah i saw it

"4. Mars is in its own sign and it is also in my ex's first house, this suggests that he will be in control of whatever happens next between us; because he is WELL placed in comparison to me."

He is not in control of what happens between you and him because venus does not receive mars (he doesn't care).
That trine could mean that you will try to get back with him since moon rules your 3rd.
but he has moved on.

William Lilly
"The Lord of the seventh in the ascendant, the party desired loveth best: The Lord of the ascendant in the seventh, the Querent loveth best; and so with the other Significators, for those that apply argue most love,&c.
The Lord of the seventh in the seventh, especially in one of his owne houses, the party desired is free from love, hath little mind to Marriage, and her Portion is knowne, or the mans.
TThe Significators of the party desired, not beholding the Significators of the Querent, noteth the love of some other more then the Querent, or an aversnesse to the party now enquiring. "

Last edited:

jacambers

I was just about to post another chart related to this matter and then it hit me.
There were some clues in the first chart about what was going to happen next...

Tikana, you were right about me being the one to reach out and attempt a reconciliation.

The mercury/mars aspect I think represented future stressful communication between us. The evasion aspect also rings true.

The Moon was in the 11th because it was a hope/wish for him to 'win me back'

After the exchange yesterday, I did another chart asking 'will he come back' and the chart looks identical. There are just a few things that have changed. I want to post, but I'm nervous that you will judge me lol.

jacambers

Dammit (lol), I'll post seeing as I have the time to do so now.
Following the heated exchange last night, the question was: Will he come back?

This question may seem like a repeat of one that I posted earlier. Whilst I agree that it is similar, I think circumstances have changed somewhat and I am asking the question after a string of more recent communications. I was somewhat reluctant to post, but I like understanding things and seeing why things work/don't work... so, I thought I should.

Background to new question

As stated Tikana was right in her last interpretation. I ended up making the first move in the last instance and he did show some self interest and evasion. Things were ok for a short time, and then a difficult (more recent) exchange took place where I was once again forced to reassert myself. It think it is also worth noting that I am currently going through a 7th house Saturn transit. I know it may seem somewhat irrelevant, but it makes me laugh when I see the placement of Saturn in these charts (I mean, IleneK did say before that Saturn may shed abit more light on the relationship lol)

Funnily enough, this chart looks similar to the last one I posted. However, now there are now a few more aspects present; and I would like to discuss and also seek clarifications on a few things. So, bear with me.

My interpretation of the new chart

So, I am Venus (in Leo) in the 5th house and he is Mars in Aries (in the 7th house, his 1st house)

1. Right off the bat, I think this chart clearly shows that I am passionate about the "love" and wanting to make things work. Whereas, he is still interested mainly in himself and his circumstances (picked up by IleneK earlier)

2. Whilst these two significators now apply by square, I understand that he will change signs before the aspect can perfect which again shows evasion (picked up by Tikana in previous posts); and therefore it is fair to say that he will not be returning? Is this correct?

3. Unlike the other chart, in this chart, the Moon is in the last few degrees of Cancer. From what I have read, this is a good sign for the Moon to be in. However, the Moon is in the last few degrees of this sign.
What does this mean? Does it mean anything at all in relation to the question?

4. I have been reading about 'dignity by exaltation' - Moon will go into Leo, Venus is already in Leo. Does this mean anything? I asked because I have been reading the following article: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html and in their example, a planet is received by another because it is in a sign that the other planet is exalted in. Also http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html. Is Mars receiving Venus because Venus is in Leo (which is a sign that Mars is exalted in), and will it go on to receive Moon looking at this chart? What could this potentially mean for the question? Looking at other sites, by the way, I can see that Mars exalts in Capricorn too (?) but then Skyscript is confusing! lol

5. Once again there is also a trine between the moon and mars, the aspect perfected an hour after this chart and before Mars changed signs. As per Tikana's earlier commentary, this suggest that I may go after him?
(Tbh, I definitely don't know about that this time)

Other things
I think the separating aspect between Mars/Venus and Mercury (in Leo) shows what has taken place. That there has been "fiery" communication.

Chart

282hqba.jpg

Last edited:

Oddity

I'll enclose a table of dignities - download it, it will help.

Okay. I'd like to say this will work out because the moon is applying to a trine with the quesited. And that can bring about matters sometimes.

But but but...this is where we run into a dignity problem. The moon is very well-placed in Cancer, its in rulership. And Mars is very well-placed in Scorpio (though about to change signs). It rules Scorpio.

Here's the rub: Mars falls in Cancer, and the moon falls in Scorpio. That's where the connection comes from, and while it may well happen, it will not be a happy thing for either party. Also note that the moon isn't combust yet, but it's going that way quickly. And that can deny perfection alone.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, not Leo. But it does hold term and face in the last part of Leo, so receives Venus by two minor dignities, which counts. But again, Venus is detrimented in Scorpio, so....again, we have unhappiness. It could be one of those situations where you get back, you fall into bed and that part is okay, but sooner rather than later, all the other reasons it didn't work the first time start to reappear.

This thing with him could happen, you could get back together. It's possible. But it doesn't look like it would be good. If you want it more than you want to be happy, it might work. Problem is, it doesn't look like he'd be happy, either, and that you can't control.

Also, the lunar combustion (any combustion of a significator) can blind you to crucial facts, so don't rush into it.

Attachments

• dignidades.jpg
    dignidades.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

jacambers

I'll enclose a table of dignities - download it, it will help.

Okay. I'd like to say this will work out because the moon is applying to a trine with the quesited. And that can bring about matters sometimes.

But but but...this is where we run into a dignity problem. The moon is very well-placed in Cancer, its in rulership. And Mars is very well-placed in Scorpio (though about to change signs). It rules Scorpio.

Here's the rub: Mars falls in Cancer, and the moon falls in Scorpio. That's where the connection comes from, and while it may well happen, it will not be a happy thing for either party. Also note that the moon isn't combust yet, but it's going that way quickly. And that can deny perfection alone.

Mars is exalted in Capricorn, not Leo. But it does hold term and face in the last part of Leo, so receives Venus by two minor dignities, which counts. But again, Venus is detrimented in Scorpio, so....again, we have unhappiness. It could be one of those situations where you get back, you fall into bed and that part is okay, but sooner rather than later, all the other reasons it didn't work the first time start to reappear.

This thing with him could happen, you could get back together. It's possible. But it doesn't look like it would be good. If you want it more than you want to be happy, it might work. Problem is, it doesn't look like he'd be happy, either, and that you can't control.

Also, the lunar combustion (any combustion of a significator) can blind you to crucial facts, so don't rush into it.

Thank you so much for your interpretation. I really understand what you have written and it makes so much sense. I honestly think that I need time to think this one through. For the first time, in a very long time, I feel like I may have to pack this one in lol (though I say that with a heavy heart). I definitely do not want to rush anything. Just going to take some time.

Thank you for the dignities table. Not sure why that website mentioned mars' exaltation in sun ruled sign.

I just want us both to be happy at the end of the day, and maybe it's just not going to happen with each other.

My last question, because you've been really helpful. Doespecially Mars and Moon changing signs mean that things need to change first? To what extent do you take into account upcoming factors?

Thank you so much. I appreciate you and your time tremendously!

Oddity

The moon-Mars trine perfects before either planet changes sign. What the sign change and the new moon (combustion) might signify is that things change rapidly.

jacambers

The moon-Mars trine perfects before either planet changes sign. What the sign change and the new moon (combustion) might signify is that things change rapidly.

Thank you for explaining and well done for keeping me in check over the details lol. That makes sense. I will definitely keep you posted with any updates (should they occur)!

tikana

I was just about to post another chart related to this matter and then it hit me.
There were some clues in the first chart about what was going to happen next...

Tikana, you were right about me being the one to reach out and attempt a reconciliation.

The mercury/mars aspect I think represented future stressful communication between us. The evasion aspect also rings true.

The Moon was in the 11th because it was a hope/wish for him to 'win me back'

After the exchange yesterday, I did another chart asking 'will he come back' and the chart looks identical. There are just a few things that have changed. I want to post, but I'm nervous that you will judge me lol.

where are you guys seeing him coming back?

again he is in his 1st house
saturn is in his 1st
no reception with venus
no aspect with venus
both are about to jump signs
yeah moon trines mars meh

look at moon and mars - mutual rejection by reception
venus goes into virgo.....

there is no coming back ..
as far as me judging you Jacambers... lol i judge horaries.

Oddity

You'd look at moon-Mars over Venus-Mars, because it's moon-Mars that perfects first.

Venus-Mars as I read it, given that Mars receives Venus, but Venus is not happy at all, is that Mars's interest in Venus is mostly sexual.

tikana

Thanks for your response Tikana.

There's an applying square between Venus and Mars. Not that that is a great aspect lol.

shakes her head ...

nope nope nope..

"Evasion: the slower moving significator changes sign before the aspect is complete"

Mars will jump a sign before Venus gets to it.

jacambers

You'd look at moon-Mars over Venus-Mars, because it's moon-Mars that perfects first.

Venus-Mars as I read it, given that Mars receives Venus, but Venus is not happy at all, is that Mars's interest in Venus is mostly sexual.

You really are teaching me new things today, I've got a notepad out. I didn't realise that you could do that (in terms of technique)